When you went to Tittenhurst
会看到一块空地
it was this white place.
雷·康诺利
《标准晚报》
是一个非常大的花♥园♥
This huge, huge garden. I mean,
种了好几英亩的树
acres of wonderful trees and things.
他们养了驴 还在湖里养了鱼
And they had donkeys. They had a lake put in, with…
这个主意挺不错的
All the fish died, unfortunately,
但不幸的是 所有的鱼都死了
but it was a good idea.
那个地方非常大
It was this huge place.
我印象非常深刻 因为
I remember it fondly, because…
父亲和洋子会做他们自己的事
Dad and Yoko would do their own thing
我就到处玩
and I would sort of run around.
朱利安·列侬
我觉得提腾哈思差不多有40万平方米
I think it was 99 acres, Tittenhurst.
那是一片非常大的地方
I mean, that’s an insane amount of land for…
一个孩子会在这片森林里迷路的
You know, a child can get lost in those woods!
那是我们第一次见到我们的园丁弗兰克
The first time we met with the gardener, Frank,
他是名真正的英国老绅士
he was a proper old English gentleman with, you know,
丹·里克特
助理
穿粗花呢大衣 戴顶小帽
a tweed coat and little hat, you know,
他第一次见他们时
and he’s standing there in his wellingtons
穿着双长筒雨靴站在那里
to meet them for the first time,
洋子说 “我们只想要黑色或白色花”
and Yoko said, “We want only black or white flowers.”
然后他说 “你说什么”
And he said, “Pardon?”
“只要黑色或白色的花”
“Only black or white flowers.”
他说 “我可以种白花
He said, “Well, I can certainly do white
但另一个我不确定”
but I’m not sure…”
洋子说 “我知道有些郁金香是黑色的”
“I’m sure there’s some tulips that are black,” Yoko said.
黑色和白色的花
Black and white flowers!
我们最后种了各种颜色的花
We ended up with different colours.
约翰和洋子大部分时间
John and Yoko spent a lot of time
都待在楼上他们的大套房♥里
in their suite upstairs, which was huge.
那是一间巨大的卧室
It was an enormous bedroom
里面有更衣室 外面还有一个阳台
with dressing rooms off it, and they had this balcony outside
他们绝大部分时间都待在那里
and they spent most of their time up there.
他们会在那里读信什么的
They would be reading letters and things like that.
在他们身边总有很多书
They always had plenty of books and things around.
他们会听音乐
They’d be listening to music.
我想他们有所有的音乐类报纸
I think they had all the music papers,
所以他们会看那些
so they would go through those.
他们想要知道乐坛正在发生的事
They liked to kind of know what was going on.
他喜欢坐在床上 弹着吉他 抽着大♥麻♥
He liked to sit in bed, playing his guitar, smoking dope
看着电视
and watching television.
首先 他不喜欢起床也不喜欢出门
First of all, he didn’t like getting up and going anywhere
除非他真的有什么事情要去做
unless he really had a reason to do it, you know,
因为 如果你是约翰的话
because, remember, the world is coming in all the time at you,
这个世界会总是追随着你
you know, if you’re John.
你得想象 这个人
You have to imagine, this is a man who…
他见过的所有人
He never sees another human face
都会对他说 “我能为你做点什么吗”
that’s not going, like, “What can I do for you?”
这意味着没人会告诉你真♥相♥
That means that nobody’s ever going to tell you the truth.
你永远不会有
You’ll never get any,
或极少会得到有用的反馈 这就是现实
or very rarely, get useful feedback that’s, you know, the real thing.
他需要一个远离这些的避难所
And he needed a refuge from that.
那段时光
Those are the moments that we, you know,
我们享受着彼此的陪伴
enjoyed each others company
什么也不用多想
without thinking about it foo much.
我觉得如果我们中任何一个人想得太多
I think if either of us thought about things too much, it was,
焦虑一类的元素就会反映在作品里
you know, the anxiety or other elements would come into play.
好 下一首
Ok! Next tune.
下一首
Next.
我们该干什么
What shall we do?
那时他们沉浸于《想象》的录制
They were heavily into recording ‘Imagine’ at that time.
这就是为什么我有大把时间独处
That’s why I had a lot of time on my own.
因为作为一个小孩 我觉得录音棚
Because as a kid, also, I think the studio scenario
是挺让我兴奋的 但也就一小会
was exciting for a minute, but then, you know,
“这首歌♥你唱多少遍了”
“You’re playing that song how many times?”
让我坐在那里 我的 在哪里
Let me sit there. Where’s my…
约翰想要自己的录音棚
John wanted his own studio.
回想起那段时间
If I’d looked back at the period,
我觉得约翰那时想离开城市
it was probably that John wanted
他想要摆脱这一切
to get out of town, he wanted the release,
埃迪·维尔
工程师
阿斯科特录音室
去一个能平静地工作和放松自己的地方
somewhere that he could work peacefully and relax.
在讨论后
After some discussion,
约翰觉得侧楼是建录音棚的最佳地点
John decided that the annexe would be the best place
因为那里靠近厨房♥
for the studio because it was close to the kitchen,
厨房♥里有茶 点心和一些吃的
for all the usual teas and snacks and stuff,
埃迪·维尔
而且离房♥子足够远
and sufficiently away from the house
不会影响到家庭生活
that it didn’t impact on the domestic scene.
他变得很焦躁
He was very impatient,
因为建这些需要花些时间
cos it takes time to build these things.
所有的连接部份都必须焊起来
All those connections have to be soldered.
你得做测试 “也许我们应该换条地毯”
You have to test things, “Maybe we should change the carpet?”
建录音棚的整个过程
You know, you go through this process of…
就像调乐器一样
It’s like tuning an instrument, making a good studio.
约翰那时急着开始录歌♥
John was then anxious to start recording,
所以我的确利用约翰的热情来建录音棚
so I did use John’s enthusiasm to get into the studio,
我对他说 “如果你想来录音棚
and say, “Well, if you’d like to go in the studio”
弹钢琴或者练歌♥的话
and play the piano or practise,
就来吧 这能帮我判断
I’d love to have some sound coming in
一切是否运转正常”
“to see if it all works.”
所以实际上 我们利用了约翰
So we actually used John
来为我们建录音棚
as part of the work to set the studio up.
约翰是试验品 就是这样
John was the guinea pig, that’s right.
晚上好 女士们 先生们
Good evening ladies and gentlemen.
今晚我们邀请到塑料洋子乐队
This evening we have the Plastic Ono Band,
为我们带来几首摇滚乐
who’s gonna play for you a little rock and roll.
菲尔·斯佩克特
菲利普在哪里
Where’s Phillip?
我们不知道
We don’t know.
我们看看乔治是怎么做的
Let’s see how George does.
我们得赶紧找到埃里克(克拉普顿)
我找过埃里克了
他在睡觉 没人接电♥话♥
所以 那时我和埃里克一起住
So I’m staying with Eric and, um…
吉姆·凯尔特纳
鼓手
我起得比埃里克早 因为他睡得比我晚
I get up before Eric because he slept a lot later than I did.
有一天早上 电♥话♥响了很久
One morning, the phone rang for a long time and, finally,
最后我接了 发现是斯佩克特打来的
I just picked it up and it was Spector.
他让叫我叫埃里克起床
He said he wanted me to wake up Eric
我说 “听着 我做不到
and I said, “Listen, I can’t wake up Eric.”
我不想去他的卧室叫醒他”
“I don’t want to go into his bedroom and wake him up.”
他说 “那好吧
He said, “OK, well”,
我们想让他来演奏”
we wanted him to come out and play,”
然后他说 “你呢
and he said, “How about you?”
你想来和约翰一起演奏吗”
You want to come and play with John?”
我说 “我非常愿意”
And I said, “Yeah, absolutely!”
我在《声音》杂♥志♥当自♥由♥撰稿人
I got a job as a freelancer at Sounds,
基隆·斯派德·墨菲
《声音》杂♥志♥
《声音》杂♥志♥是音乐类刊物之一
which was one of the music papers.
他们说 “你明天要去约翰·列侬家
And they said, “You’ve got to go to John Lennon’s house tomorrow”
在他录新专辑时给他拍照”
to photograph him recording a new album.”
一开始我以为他们在讲笑话
And I thought it was a joke at first.
我去了 但他还没起床
I go it, and he hadn’t got up yet.
那时已经是下午5点了
This was about five o’clock in the afternoon.
所以在那里等了半个小时 然后突然
So I hung around for half an hour, and then they suddenly
他们不知道从什么地方跑了出来
seemed to appear out of nowhere.
这俩人就这么出现在房♥间里
The two of them just were in the room,
看起来好像刚起床
looking like they’d just got out of bed.
“醒来 下床 随便梳两下头”
“Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head.”
基隆·斯派德·墨菲
不 他甚至连头发都没梳

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!