那么 我们明天早上拿到眼镜
So, we get the glasses in the morning,
下午我来拍这张照片
and in the afternoon, I do this photograph,
这张照片
this photograph,
还有这张照片
and this photograph.
好 那么 就拍从这里
Yeah. OK, so, the light should be from there
到眉毛上面的一部分
just to above the eyebrows.
好 我会拍得大一点 约翰
Yes, I’m doing it a bit larger, John,
-这样方便我们裁剪 -行
– so that we can cut it. – Ok.
所以我为约翰拍了很多照片 把它们放大
So I had taken a bunch of pictures of John, blown them up,
并按照当初想法 把眼睛部分剪下来
and cut the eyes out, that was the original idea.
然后我们拍了些云朵的照片填进去
And then we took pictures of clouds and put them in.
-这不是最终版本 -好
– It’s not the final version. – Oh, yes.
不是这样 要能看见
No, but you see,
然后在后面 有他的身影
and then in the back, there will be a profile.
-是的 想象 -想象
– Yes, ‘Imagine.’ – ‘Imagine’.
但是问题是 它看起来很奇怪
But the problem was, it looked weird.
这应该做的更细致一点
It would be more delicately done.
-那么我们该怎么做 -做张幻灯片
– How would we do that, then? – Just have a slide…
它会叫《想象》
It’s going to be called ‘Imagine’.
行 非常棒
Yeah. Very, very, good.
有点怪异 对吧
Freaky, isn’t it?
当我们在提腾哈思公园的时候
When we were at Tittenhurst Park,
约翰和大家一起带着拍立得到处玩
John and everybody was running around with Polaroids
他们发现了这种曝光两次的方法
and they found out this way of exposing it twice.
就像你拍一张照片
Just like you took a picture
然后你拍一张天空
and then you take a photo of the sky,
或云朵什么的照片
a cloud or something.
他有一个拍立得 一个束光筒拍立得
He had this Polaroid, he had a Snoot Polaroid,
闪光灯上带有长的束光筒
it had a long nose.
是专门用来拍人像的
It was for taking portraits.
他说 “最棒的事情就是我可以先拍一张
And he said, “The wonderful thing is, I can take a picture”
然后再拍一另张
and then I can take another picture
最后得到一张双重曝光的照片”
“and I get a double exposure.”
所以 洋子先拍了一张约翰的照片
And, so, Yoko took a picture of John
然后拍了一张云朵的照片
and then took a picture of the clouds.
最后 她拍出了那张照片
And, of course, she got it.
抱歉 我迟到了
Sorry I’m a little late.
没关系 你来的正是时候
That’s all right, you’re just in time in a way.
我们准备好了
We’re OK.
唱片工场录音室
纽约 1971年
我只需要你演奏这段前奏
Just this intro I want you on.
直接开始 从A到D这部分
Just comes in, it goes from A to D.
在提腾哈思的录音结束后 约翰和洋子去纽约录制配音原带
金·柯蒂斯
萨克斯太难了
就这样
That’s it!
我想让他们喜欢萨克斯
I want them hooked on the sax,
所以我们的唱片一直在等着这部分
so they’re waiting for it all through the record.
他们还开始剪辑他们之前在提腾哈思公园拍摄的数百小时的电影
已经开始录了
You can be in the frame
-这个相机也在录吗 -没有
– Is that camera in the frame? – No.
瑞吉酒店
放轻松 别在意你是否在画面里
Just relax, you don’t have to be in or out of the picture.
该做什么就做什么 好吗
Just do whatever you have to do, OK?
这只是一个片段 还算不上真正的电影
It’s going to be a clock, so it’s not like a proper movie.
这只是一个背景而已
It’ll just be like a background.
歌♥曲《New York City》
当时我的工作是拍很多电影
At the time, the job was to take a lot of film
在英格兰的很多地方拍
that was shot in England, in various places.
这一切非常具有实验性
It was all very experimental
道格·伊博德
《想象》助理编辑
我认为我们并不知道
and I don’t think we really knew
我们到底要做什么
exactly what we were going to do.
真热啊 对吧
So fucking hot, isn’t it?
我们去瑞吉酒店的套房♥见了他们
We went up to the suite in the St Regis and met them.
嘿 怎么了
Hey, que pasa?
哪位 请说话 有什么事
Who’s this, please, que pasa?
凯伦 我有事要跟你说
Karen. I’ve got news for you.
我觉得当时除了拍些小短片
I don’t think we really knew exactly
并与歌♥曲编辑在一起外
what we were going to do,
我们不清楚我们到底要做什么
except take all this footage and edit it with the songs.
我们就是那样开始的
That’s how we set out.
空气胶囊 小野洋子作品
♪ 你可以皮鞋铮亮 西装笔挺 ♪
♪ You can shine your shoes wear a suit ♪
歌♥曲《Crippled Inside》
♪ 你可以发型整齐 风流倜傥 ♪
♪ You can comb your hair and look quite cute ♪
♪ 你可以笑里藏刀 ♪
♪ You can hide your face behind a smile ♪
♪ 但有一件事你藏不住 ♪
♪ One thing you can’t hide ♪
♪ 就是你扭曲的内心 ♪
♪ Is when you’re crippled inside ♪
♪ 你可以带着面具掩藏自己 ♪
♪ You can wear a mask and paint your face ♪
♪ 你可以自称人类 ♪
♪ You can call youself the human race ♪
♪ 你可以西装革履 ♪
♪ You can wear a collar and a tie ♪
♪ 但有一件事你藏不住 ♪
♪ One thing you can’t hide ♪
♪ 就是你扭曲的内心 ♪
♪ Is when you’re crippled inside ♪
♪ 现在你知道 ♪
♪ Well now you know that your cat ♪
♪ 你的猫有九条命 ♪
♪ has nine lives babe ♪
♪ 它有九条命 ♪
♪ Nine lives to itself ♪
♪ 但你只有一条 ♪
♪ But you only got one ♪
我们拍了好多电影素材
We had thousands of feet of film
几乎是你能想到的一切
of just about everything you can imagine.
除提腾哈思外还拍了很多东西
There was a lot of stuff besides Tittenhurst,
我们还录了音
there was a recording session.
有在伦敦街头的
There was some kind of political demonstration
一些政♥治♥游♥行♥
through the streets of London.
有在湖里划船的片段
There was stuff on the lake.
除了在提腾哈思
In addition to all the film that came from Tittenhurst
这里没有
和在伦敦及伦敦周边拍摄
and other places in and around London,
我们还在纽约拍了不少 因为我们发现
we shot quite a bit in New York City, because we realised that
我们想把他们这部分生活放进电影里
we wanted to get that part of their lives into the movie,
而且我们不知道他们在纽约干什么
and that we didn’t really have anything showing
以及他们是如何生活的
what they were doing in New York City and what it was like.
《想象》中耳语是我最喜欢的部分
The whisper piece was one of my favourite things in Imagine’
那是洋子的想法
That was Yoko’s concept.
洋子认识的名人
People that Yoko knew and that had some celebrity,
通常会来拜访她和约翰
generally, would come in to visit with John and Yoko
他们三个会并肩站着
and the three of them, would stand side by side
然后 他们会窃窃私语
and they would… “Psst-psst-psst.”
你不知道他们在说什么 他们只是在耳语
And you don’t know what they’re saying, they’re just whispering.
我理解的是 人们耳语
To me, what I got out of if, was that it was people whispering
可能是因为生活中有很多秘密
cos there’s a lot of secrets in life.
其中很多都没有什么意义
And many of which don’t mean anything,
所以听没听到无关紧要
so it doesn’t matter whether you hear it or not.
那只是人们在低声说话
It was people whispering.
录了几首歌♥之后
I realised that, after a few songs,
我意识到这一切都是有意义的
that there was a sense to it all.
我们开始讲述他们的生活
We were starting to paint a picture of their life,
他们是如何做事的 他们是如何生活的
of how they did things and how they lived their life
他们生活中发生了什么
and what was going on in their life.
我认为约翰喜欢纽约的活力
I think John loved the energy of New York City,
这是毫无疑问的
there’s no question about that.
我认为他喜欢的是
And I think he loved that it was an opportunity
他有机会成为美国人
for him to become an American.
《想象》
作者
约翰与洋子
他认为纽约有点像利物浦
He saw New York as being kind of a bit like Liverpool,
雷·康诺利
《标准晚报》
或者说是艺术学院所在的利物浦8区
or the Liverpool 8 area, where the art college was.
从某种程度上说 洋子是美国人
And Yoko was, in a way, American.
我知道她出生在日本 但她主要是美国人
I know she’s Japanese, but she’s mainly American.
她想住在那里 她在那里觉得很开心
She wanted to live there. She felt happy there.
他们爱纽约 非常爱纽约
They loved New York, absolutely loved New York.
就像是 “好棒
It was like, “Wow!”
我在这里 就这样”
You know, “I’m here, this is it.”
杰克·道格拉斯
工程师