琼,你说过你会站出来告诉人们他们的国王是什么样的。
Joan, you said you’d speak out and tell the people what kind of king they have.
如果你对自己和追随你的人诚实,你就不能再支持他,你不能再沉默。
If you’re honest with yourself and the people who followed you,you cannot stand by him any longer,you cannot be silent.
我该说他的坏话而离开他吗?
Should I speak against him and leave him?
——是的!——没有。
– Yes! – No.
为什么Dunois ?
Why Dunois?
如果你反对他,他还是国王。
If you speak against him, he’ll still be King.
如果你离开他,他还是国王。
If you leave him, he’ll still be King.
到那时法国会有什么呢?
And what will France have then?
一个纯粹腐♥败♥的政♥府♥!
A government of pure corruption!
没有信仰,没有善良的天使,只有堕落!
No faith, no good angel,nothing but corruption!
但如果你留在他身边他有时会为你和法国人♥民♥着想,而不是总是为自己的利益着想。
But if you remain by his side he’ll sometimes have to think of you and of the people of France,and not always of his own interests.
但我会诚实地留下吗?
But would I be honest to stay?
你让太子坐上王位是上帝的旨意吗?
Was it God’s will that you set the Dauphin on his throne?
是的。
Yes.
这就是他选的国王。
Well, this is the King he chose.
让人怀疑上帝是不是错了。
Make’s a man wonder if God could be wrong.
不。
No.
不,上帝不会错的。
No, God could not be wrong.
这就是他选择的国王。
This is the King he chose.
然而,……
And yet…
每个政♥府♥都是由议价者组成的,琼。这是意料之中的。
Every government is made up of bargainers, Joan. That’s to be expected.
这是一个幸运的国家,因为他们没有按照自己的方式行事。
And it’s a lucky country where they don’t have it all their own way.
但有个像你这样的人会让议价者乖乖听话。
But there’s somebody like you about to make the bargainers behave.
我会陪着他,直到休战结束。
I’ll stay with him,’til the truce ends.
休战可能永远不会结束。
The truce may never end.
那我就把我的白甲献给上帝,不再率领他的军队。
Then I’ll dedicate my white armour to God,and lead his armies no more.
别灰心,琼。
Don’t lose heart Joan.
如果有什么能让我失去信心,跟你们三个说再见。
If anything could make me lose heart,saying goodbye to you three.
不能就此结束。
It can’t end here.
我们会再见面的,琼。
We’ll meet again, Joan.
我和…话说,琼。除了亵渎。
I was never much with… words, Joan. Except for profanity.
这不仅仅是咒骂。
And this is beyond swearing.
再见,亲爱的朋友。
Goodbye, dear friend.
和良好的士兵。
And good soldier.
你今天早上祷告了吗?
Did you say your prayers this morning?
这是我忘记的。
That’s what I forgot.
当你说的时候记得我。
Remember me when you say them.
琼,让我向你下跪一次。
Joan,let me kneel to you this once.
你对我来说比任何国王或王后都重要。
You are more to me than any King or Queen could ever be.
对我来说,你就是法国,法国就是你的。
To me you are France and France is yours.
你在她临终时扶起她,将胜利之杯送到她唇边。
You lifted her up when she was dying and set a cup of victory to her lips.
我们都喝过那个杯子里的水。
We’ve all drunk from that cup.
它让我们建立了一个新的国家。让我们所有人焕然一新。
It’s made a new nation of us. Made new men of all of us.
他们中的许多人现在已经死了,我希望我现在已经死了。
Many of whom are now dead,as I could wish I were now that this has happened.
天堂之王,我来履行我的誓言。
King of heaven,I’ve come to fulfil a vow.
与勃艮第签订停战协定。
The truce with Burgundy signed.
我们现在和平相处,我再也不♥穿♥白色盔甲了。
We’re at peace and I shall wear this white armour no more.
我把它留在你的圣坛上。
I leave it here, at your altar.
我们和平了,我的国王。
We are at peace, my King.
但不是我们梦想的和平。
But not such a peace as we dreamed.
不,是可怕而邪恶的停战,还有很多仗要打。
No, horrible and evil an armistice, with much of the war to be fought.
我们的敌人也在准备。
And our enemies preparing.
和我们……在这里,从一个城镇到另一个城镇,举♥行♥审判。
And we… dwindle here from town to town,holding court.
接见大使♥馆♥和解散士兵。
Receiving embassies and dismissing soldiers.
从一个城镇到另一个城镇,我们举♥行♥了盛宴。
From town to town we have feasted.
我从一座城到另一座城,执行国王的命令。
From city to city I have attended, doing the King’s bidding.
如果这个计划成功的话,我们还得招收更多的人。
We must feast in many more if the plan holds.
但是,天啊,这食物真苦。
But, oh, sweet God,the food is bitter.
我宁愿再睡在地上嚼着我的豆子和米饭面对英国的长矛,因为这样我们就会失去我们所赢得的一切。
I would rather sleep on the ground again and chew my handful of beans and rice and to face the rank of English spears, for this way we shall lose all we have won.
连我都看得出来。
Even I can see that.
而我的声音却什么也没说。
And my voices have said nothing.
要是我的声音能再对我说话就好了。
If only my voices would speak to me again.
如果他们告诉我应该做什么,我就可以在晚上睡觉,接受我所面临的一切,但他们是沉默的。
If they would tell me what I should do then I could sleep at night and accept what comes to me but they are silent.
我一遍又一遍地问。
I asked again and again.
我必须留在国王和他的家人身边吗?
Must I remain with the King and his household?
忙着这些天的琐事吗?
Busy with the nothings that fill these days?
如果我的声音没有回应,我不能留在这里。
If my voices do not answer,I cannot stay here.
我必须重新武装起来找到敌人,像以前一样战斗。
I must arm again and find the enemy and fight as before.
如果这是错的,让我的声音告诉我。
Let my voices speak to me if this is wrong.
让他们现在跟我说。
Let them speak to me now.
我被抛弃了吗?
Have I been abandoned?
我是否犯了不可原谅的错误?
Have I made an error that is not forgiven?
还是没有回答。
There is still no answer.
那我必须走了。
Then I must go.
与敌人战斗,天堂之王。
And fight the enemy, King of heaven.
我会找另一副盔甲,而不是我作为你的信使所骑的这副闪亮的盔甲。
I shall find another armour, not this shining one in which I rode as your messenger.
而是另一个黑暗卑微的,适合普通士兵的角色。
But another dark and humble, fitting to a common soldier.
很久以前,我的声音告诉我,我会被俘虏。
Long ago my voices told me that I would be taken prisoner.
当它来的时候,至少我的手中有了手臂。
When it comes, at least I shall have arms in my hands.
我想我有勇气去死。
I think I have courage to die.
但不能就这样小而病态地死去。
But not to die thus in small, sick ways.
日报。
Daily.
通知血祖,他们要把女巫带来!
Inform the master they’re bringing in the witch!
女仆被抓住了!
The maid is captured!
过来,看!
Come here, look!
女巫!女巫!为什么她只是个女孩!
There’s the witch! The witch! Why she’s only a girl!
原来你是女仆……
So you are the maid…
她是一个乡村女孩,领导着军队,为国王加冕,让士兵们战战兢兢。
The peasant girl who leads armies, crowns Kings,and sets soldiers quaking in their boots.
作为一个法国人,你的仰慕者。
As a Frenchman, your great admirer.
作为一个勃艮第人,幸运的俘虏。
As a Burgundian, your fortunate captor.
-在Compiègne的门口?-是的,大人。
– At the gates of Compiègne? – Yes, my Lord.
当我们突袭她和她的几个追随者时,这座城市在我们面前关上了大门。
The city shut the gates in our faces as we descended upon her and her few followers.
-我们很小心,没伤到她。-干得好,上尉。
– We were careful not to wound her. – Well done, captain.
亲爱的,照顾好她的身体。
My dear, look after her good health.
-你会得到很好的照顾,琼。-他们拿走了我的戒指。
– You shall be in good hands, Joan. – They’ve taken my ring.
我想要回来。
I want it back.
陛下,波维的主教。
His Grace, the Bishop of Beauvais.
-欢迎,陛下。问候,计数。
– Welcome, your Grace. – Greetings, Count.
来杯酒?酒总是物美价廉。
A goblet of wine? Wine is always good over a bargain.
是的,谢谢。
Why yes, thank you.
在我看来,我记得这间屋子是在不太愉快的环境下。
It seems to me, I remember this room under less happy circumstances.
是的,我记得你当时有点喘不过气来。
Yes, as I remember you were a bit breathless.
你在逃避女佣。
You were running from the maid.
——你现在拥有的人。——我现在拥有了他。
– Whom you now have. – Whom I now have.
我叫人把钱寄上去好吗?
Shall I have the money sent up?
五千镑是不够的,陛下。
5,000 pounds is not enough, your Grace.
我可以在别的地方做得更好。
I can do much better elsewhere.
五千英镑是一大笔钱。
5,000 pounds is a great deal of money.
国王也曾因为更少的钱而被赎回。
Kings have been ransomed for less.
但这次不一样,这是个女巫。女巫是昂贵的。
But this is something different, this is a witch. Witches are expensive.
5000年。是或否?
5,000. Yes or no?
我已经用了10袋了。
I’ve used 10 bags.
问题是每个袋子装的是500磅还是1000磅。
The question is does each bag contains 500 or 1,000 pounds.
毕夏普,有没有可能你在撒谎?
Bishop, could it be possible that you’re lying?
在我看来,你被授权最多可以卖♥♥一万英镑。
It looks to me as if you’re authorised to go as high as 10,000 pounds.
如果我说我是,你会想要15。
If I said that I were, you’d want 15.
如果你是一个真正的基♥督♥徒,你会白白放弃她。
If you’re a true Christian, you’d give her up for nothing.
她是个女巫,是个异教♥徒♥!一个崇拜者!
She’s a sorceress, a heretic! An idolatress!
-她必须被烧死。-哦,现在,现在…等待主教。
– She must be burned. – Oh now, now… wait Bishop.
如果这完全是宗教问题,你为什么给我硬币?
If this is entirely a religious matter, why do you offer me English coin?
英格兰是我们教会真正的女儿。
England is a true daughter of our church.
她全心全意地和我们在一起,要把这个异端邪说弄得焦头大耳。
She’s with us heart and soul, in the matter of scorching this heresy.
哦,是的。当女佣打败英国人时。当然,那是异端邪说。
Oh, yes. When the maid beat the English. Yes of course, that was heresy.
更不用说她把你赶出了你的主教辖区。
Not to mention her booting you out of your Bishopric.
-你到底站在哪一边,我的朋友?-我们都站在同一边。
– Whose side are you on, my friend? – This same side we’re all on.
站在我这边,我有什么好处。这是我这边,这是你这边。
The me side, what’s in it for me. That’s my side, and it’s your side.
英国那边,法国那边,勃艮第那边。当然,这个女孩,她是我认识的唯一不支持我的人。
And the English side, and the French side, and the Burgundian side. Of course this girl, she’s the only one I know who is not on the me side.
所以一想到要卖♥♥了她,我就觉得羞耻。
And that’s why I’m ashamed when I think I’d sell her.
-是的,即使是1♥0♥0♥0♥0♥金币。-很好,一万。你会接受吗?
– Yes, even for 10,000 gold pounds. – Very well, 10,000. Will you take it?
我们把它数出来好吗?
Shall we count it out?