我很高兴你来了,好公爵。
I’m glad you’re here, good Duke.
我们聚集的法国王室血统越多,我们的事业就越强大。-别相信她,大人
The more we gather of the royal blood of France,the stronger is our cause. – Don’t trust her my Lord.
我试着不信任她。
I’m trying not to trust her.
但每次我看着她的眼睛,我都相信她说的是真的。-更有理由不信任她了。
But every time I looked into her eyes,I believe what she says is true. – More reason to distrust her.
陛下,如果我告诉你一些只有你和上帝知道的秘密,你会相信我是他派来的吗?
Gentle Dauphin,if I tell you things so secret that they are known to you and God alone,will you believe that I am sent by him?
跟我来,琼。
Come with me, Joan.
尼古拉斯,把犁解开!把你的马!
Nicholas, unhitch from the plough! Bring your horse!
来加入女仆军吧!
Come and join the maid’s army!
女仆吗?她没有军队!
Maid? She has no army!
——那么她很快就会有一个了!-快来,尼古拉斯!
– Then she will soon have one! – Come along, Nicholas!
——出现!——加入我们!
– Come along! – Join us!
成千上万的男人蜂拥而来。
Men come flocking by the thousands.
女仆的名字叫魔力。
The maid’s name is magic.
-我的人相信这一点。-没人退缩吗?
– My people believe in that. – Nobody holds back?
为什么?为什么?为什么?军队聚集。
Why? Why? Why? The army gathered.
男人们从四面八方涌来。
Men are coming from everywhere.
黄金和珠宝从地下挖出来,注入国库。
Gold and jewels are dug from the ground and poured into the treasury.
你买♥♥不到的谷物和牲畜都是作为礼物送给你的。
Grain and cattle you couldn’t buy are sent as gifts.
你命令我们召集军队,我们做到了。
You ordered us to raise the army, we’ve done it.
但你还没让我们行军。
But you still haven’t given us the word to march.
但在大主教和教堂的官员们检查那姑娘之前,我不能说得很清楚。
But I couldn’t very well before the girl had been examined by the archbishop and the officers of the church.
但是考试已经结束了。
But the examination has finished.
20个博学而忠诚的牧师在普瓦捷审问了她3周。
20 learned and loyal priests questioned her for 3 weeks at Poitiers.
他们给Domrémy和Vaucouleurs发送了关于她的所有可用证据。
They sent to Domrémy and Vaucouleurs for all the available evidence about her.
教会认为圣女贞德未受影响,笃信宗教,内心纯洁,并正式地这样说。——是的。
The church finds Joan untouched, religious and pure at heart,and says so formally. – Yes.
虽然我们在她身上发现了很多优点,但我们还是不确定送她去打仗是否明智。
Although we find nothing except good in her,still we are not certain if it’s wise to send her into battle.
现在你至少还活着,皇太子,但如果你投身这场战争,你不仅会失去你的王国,还会失去你的生命。
At present you are at least alive, Dauphin, but if you throw yourself into this war you may lose not only your kingdom, but your life.
我不会去领导军队。她将领导它。
I’m not going to lead the army. She’s going to lead it.
一个绿色乡村女孩带领一支法国♥军♥队?
A green country girl leading an army of France?
你会成为基♥督♥教界的笑柄。
You will be the laughing stock of Christendom.
我已经这么做很久了。感谢你……和你。这么多年来,你一直试图让我相信我是我父亲王位的觊觎者。
I’ve been that for a long time. Thanks to you… and you. For years you’ve tried to convince me that I’m a pretender to my father’s throne.
一个无赖,一个低能儿。有时我都想相信你。
A scoundrel, an imbecile. At times I’ve been inclined to believe you.
但后来她来了……帮我解决问题。
But then she came… and sort me out.
她在教堂跟你说了什么?
What did she tell you in the chapel?
我不能告诉你。
I can’t tell you that.
和我不会。
And I won’t.
你会告诉我们的。你这辈子从没保守过秘密。
You’ll tell us. You’ve never kept a secret in your life.
我要这个。
I shall keep this one.
事实上,我还不知道我想做什么。
The truth is I don’t yet know what I want to do.
请注意,这是我自己的脑袋。我的头和我的王冠。
It’s my own head, mind you. My own head and my crown.
我不知道我是否想冒这个险。
I don’t know whether I want to risk them.
但我们还要等多久?难道我们永远不去援救奥尔良。
But how long are we to wait? Are we never to relieve Orleans.
我不知道。
I don’t know.
我不知道。
I don’t know.
你等得越久越聪明,陛下。
The longer you wait the wiser, your Majesty.
我也不确定。
I’m not sure of that either.
-陛下,我…-我的皇太子,请原谅我的失礼。
– Your majesty, I… – My Dauphin, forgive my bad manners.
这些天来我一直想见你,但守卫拒绝了,你是议会成员……
For days I’ve tried to see you but the guard said no, you were in council…
亲爱的琼,那件斗篷很适合你,你看起来容光焕发!
My dear Joan, that cloak becomes you, you look radiant!
谢谢你,我的皇太子,一切准备就绪。
I thank you for it, my Dauphin, all preparations are made.
让我们行动起来。行动的人,而不是空谈的人!
Let us have action. Men of action and not men of words!
送我去奥尔良,你要的指示就会给你。
Send me to Orleans, and the sign you asked for will be given.
-现在是时候了。-时间总是有的,琼。
– Now is the time. – There is always time, Joan.
不,时间并不总是有的,我的皇太子。
No, there is not always time, my Dauphin.
好好利用我吧,我已经告诉过你,我能坚持一年,也不过是再多一点。
Use me well, for I’ve told you I shall last a year and but a little longer.
跟我们一起骑马去奥尔良吧。
Come ride with us to Orleans.
如果您希望我答应,您就不能要求不合理的事情。
If you wish me to say yes, you must not ask for unreasonable things.
你不能让我领导军队。
You must not ask me to lead an army.
我再次警告您,陛下。相信这个女孩不是常识。
I warn you again, your Majesty. It’s not common sense to trust this girl.
如果拯救奥尔良是上帝的旨意,你为什么需要士兵?
If it be God’s will to deliver Orleans, Why do you need soldiers?
士兵们将战斗,上帝将赐予他们胜利。
The soldiers will fight and God will give them victory.
如果我能肯定……你看,我不确定的是我自己。
If I could be sure… You see it’s myself that I’m not sure of.
-我不确定我能当好国王。-你需要的是对上帝的信仰。
– I’m not sure I would make a good King. – What you need is faith in God.
当你有了它,你就会对自己有信心。
When you have that you’ll have faith in yourself.
我不确定上帝想让我做国王。
I’m not sure God wants me to be King.
既然我是这样的人,上帝为什么还要帮助我?
Why should God send me help, when I am what I am?
抛开你的疑虑和恐惧,我的皇太子。
Put aside your doubts and fears, my Dauphin.
像我梦想的那样高尚,像上帝要求的那样,像法国需要的那样。
Be noble as I have dreamed you to be, be as God requires you to be,be as France needs you.
你的法国,你的国家和你的人♥民♥,没有你是多么无助,但一旦你相信上帝,他们就会变得不可征服。
Your France, your nation and your people,so helpless without you, but unconquerable as soon as you turn your trust to God.
-你能看着她的脸然后怀疑吗,大人?——没有。
– Can you look at her face and doubt, my Lord? – No.
我现在不怀疑了。
I do not doubt now.
Alençon,带她去见船长们。
Alençon, take her to the captains.
上帝与这个女孩同在,也将与她并肩作战。
God is with this girl,and will be with her in battle.
你觉得盔甲很重吗?
Does the armour feel heavy to you?
不。我心情轻松愉快,因为我要迎接军队,开始作战。
No. I am light and light-hearted,for I shall meet the army and begin.
贝隆,高举我的旗帜!
Hold my banner high, Velon!
先生们,我为你们介绍女仆琼。
Gentlemen, I present you Joan the maid.
这是Antel,
This is Antel,
Couvert,
Couvert,
Poulon,
Poulon,
Derrogaux,
Derrogaux,
Serseraille,
Serseraille,
这位是莱尔。
and this is Laire.
哈!以Bijon的野牛起誓!这是一个女孩…在日常工作中!哈哈哈!
Hah! By the wild bull of Bijon! It’s a girl… and in harness! Hahaha!
莱尔以他是一个对任何人都不讲礼貌的直率的人而自豪,所以别把他的问候当回事。他打架。
Laire takes pride in being a plain blunt fellow without polish for anybody,so think nothing of his greeting. He fights well.
如果他打得好,我会喜欢他的。
If he fights well, I shall like him.
这不是问题所在
That is not the question
好吧,琼,过来跟我们坐。
Well, come sit with us Joan.
我们将一起工作,我们必须互相了解。
We shall all be working together and we must become acquainted.
是我的朋友鲍德里古派你去见皇太子的吗?
Was it my friend Baudricourt who sent you to the Dauphin?
是的!
Yes!
他是怎么开始相信你的?
How did he ever come to believe in you?
我想他从来都不相信我,长官。
I don’t think he ever believed in me, sir.
让·德·梅茨和贝特朗·德·波朗吉相信我,我想他派我来就是为了他们吧。
Jean de Metz and Bertrand de Poulengy believed in me,and he sent me because of them I think.
在法国乃至全世界的历史上,我都不记得有哪个名字是如此突然地建立起来的。
In the history of France or the world I remember no name built up with such suddenness.
没有哪一种热情能这样广泛传播,哪一种事业能这样顺利地发展。
No enthusiasm so wide spread,no career advanced under such favourable auspices.
一定是某个极富想象力和技巧的人编造了这一切。
Somebody of really portentous imagination and skill must have cooked this thing up.
哦,什么事?
Oh, what thing?
这个来自洛林的处♥女♥。
This virgin from Lorraine business.
你不需要在我们面前装样子,你知道的。
You don’t have to keep up appearances with us, you know.
你知道他的意思吗?
Do you know what he means?
是的,我喜欢。
Yes, I do.
你会发现她很诚实,Serseraille。
You’ll find her honest, Serseraille.
她是两种情况之一…
She’s one of two things…
要么是个江湖骗子,要么是个傻瓜。
Either a charlatan or a fool.
至于第一个,我不能回答,因为我不知道这个词是什么意思,如果我是一个傻瓜,至少上帝不会拿它来反对我。
As for the first, I can’t answer for I don’t know what the word means,if I’m a fool, God at least does not held it against me.
琼,我向你保证,只要你不试图发号♥施令,我们都会相处得很好。
Joan I promise you, that so long as you don’t try to give any commands, we shall all get along well.
啊,我不会去发号♥施令的。我不知道该下什么命令。
Oh, I shall not try to give any commands. I wouldn’t know what commands to give.
我以摩西的磐石起誓,这是我听你说的第一个有道理的话,丫头!
By the rock of Moses, that’s the first sensible word I heard you say, wench!
——你要是坚持这样做,上帝的雷声就不会有麻烦了。-别发誓,莱尔。
– You stick to that and by the thunders of God there will be no trouble. – Don’t swear, Laire.
不发誓?
Don’t swear?
-现在,我以…-在这支军队中,不论地位高低,都不许宣誓。
– Now, by the black rock of… – There must be no swearing in this army among high or low.
你想让军队变成哑巴吗?
Do you want to strike the army dumb?
-这必须从你开始。-你说过你不会下命令的,琼
– This must begin with you. – You said you would give no order, Joan.
但这不是军事命令,长官。
Oh, but this is not a military order, sir.
你一定要看看。
Surely you must see that.
但即将进军奥尔良的军队是为了一项神圣的事业而兴起的。
But the army that is to march on Orleans was raised in a holy cause.
我今天看见那些男人,其中有女人,他们喝酒,咒骂。
I saw the men today,there were women among them, they drank and swore.
这些事情必须停止,每个人都必须在我们行军前忏悔。
These things must cease and every man must go to confession before we march.
-在神面前…-别发誓,莱尔。
– Before God… – Don’t swear, Laire.
但如果你必须这么做,请以我的权杖起誓。
But if you must, swear by my staff.
我的员工?这算什么誓言啊?
By my staff? What kind of an oath is that?
没有军队被派去忏悔。
No army was ever sent to confession.
如果我们下这样的命令,我们会被嘲笑的。
If we gave such orders, we’ll be laughed at.
——我不会下这样的命令!-或者我们中的任何人,你可以肯定。
– I shall give no such command! – Or any of us, you may be sure of that.
以拉撒路所生的疮起誓!
By the sores of Lazarus!
什么战争的领导人必须和一个绿色乡村女孩坐在会议上?
What war have it’s leaders had to sit in council with a green country girl?
让我们的傻皇太子染上瘟疫。
A pox on this silly Dauphin of ours.
当他是个普通的懦夫的时候就已经够糟了。现在他派孩子来领导我们。
Bad enough when he was a plain coward. Now he sends children to lead us.
她不能领导我们,你这头牛。
She’s not to lead us, you great ox.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!