-我们已经尽力了。-再次感谢。
– That was the best we could do. – Thank you again.
如果您允许的话,我想亲自把它们交给那孩子。
I would like to if you would permit me to lay them in the hands of the lad myself.
如果你是洛林来的女仆,我没说你是,但如果是,我有克莱瑞佛人♥民♥的消息要告诉你。
If it should be that you’re the maid from Lorraine, I don’t say that you are, but if it should be,I have a message for you from the people of Clairevaux.
它是这样的:
It’s this:
“上帝保佑你。”
“God go with you.”
“愿上帝与你同在,拯救法国,拯救我们”
“God go with you and save France and save us too.”
现在我们可以回家了,邻居们,因为我们已经见过她了,我们已经警告过她了。
Now we can go to our homes, neighbours,for we’ve seen her and we’ve given her the warning.
那些是希侬塔。
Those are the towers of Chinon.
哦,我们已经安全通过了。
Oh we’ve come through safely.
我们在这里。
We’re here.
我们试过了…这一切都是值得的……
To Chinon we tried…it has all been worthwhile…
…我要见我的女儿了。
…and I shall see my daughter.
-你把金子带来了吗Trémouille?——黄金?
– Did you bring the gold Trémouille? – Gold?
黄金?不,我没有。
Gold? No, I did not.
你进来的时候应该鞠躬,公爵。
You should bow when you come into the presence, Duke.
你的态度是……邋遢。
Your attitude is… slovenly.
-你欠我钱。- – – – – -钱吗?
– You owe me money. – Money?
我得到确切消息,你打算放弃你的王国。
I have definite information that you plan to abandon your kingdom.
你要离开我们。
You’re leaving us.
你遗弃我们。
You’re deserting us.
如果我借给你三千克朗,你就会逃到北方或南方去而我可以吹口哨要我的钱。
If I lent you 3,000 crowns,you’d disappear to the North or the South and I can whistle for my money.
不仅是这笔贷款,还有你欠我的一大笔钱。
Not only this loan in question but the enormous sums you already owe me.
那就借我一千。
Then lend me a thousand.
很安全,我不能走太远。
It’s safe, I can’t go very far on that.
我需要你的签名。
I’ll need your signature.
拿到钱之前我不会签字。
I refuse to sign until I have the money.
我需要你先签个名。
I’ll need your signature first.
-马屁精,老爷的羽毛笔。——你强盗!你贼!你强盗!
– Lackey, a quill for my Lord. – You robber! You thief! You brigand!
先生们,别在法庭上说。
Gentlemen, not before the court.
在他借钱给我之前,他要求我在一张白纸的底部签名,我知道这是为什么。
Before he lends me money he demands my signature at the bottom of a blank page,and I know why.
每次我向他借钱,他都用我的签名把我的部分领地卖♥♥给勃艮第,以筹集他借给我的钱。
Every time I borrow from him he uses my signature to sell some of my territory to Burgundy to raise the money he lends me.
那不是真的。
That’s not true.
但那太不可思议了,我的主人!
But that’s incredible my lord!
那是不诚实的!
That would be dishonest!
当然,不是按照他的标准!
Well, not by his standards!
这是合理的商业惯例。
It’s sound business practice.
我已经欠他太多的债了,我不得不向他借钱来支付我欠他的利息。
I’m already so deep in debt to him that I have to borrow money from him to pay the interest on what I owe him!
让我们公平点,我的君主。
Let us be fair, my sovereign.
如果Trémouille向您收取的利息超过惯例,他可能会被赦免,因为您不太可能继承王位。
If Trémouille charges you more interest than is customary,he may be pardoned on the grounds that you are very unlikely to come to your throne.
如果你不给他钱,他就永远得不到钱,不管是本金还是利息。
And if you don’t he’ll never be paid, principal or interest.
你自己的母亲说过……
Your own mother has said…
谁相信我妈妈说的话?
Who believes what my mother says?
…她说你不是末代国王的儿子她的恋爱史似乎证实了…-别说我妈了。
…has said you’re not the son of the last King and the history of her amores would seem to substantiate… – Enough about my mother.
你也打算去英国,是吗,大主教?
Well, you intend going over to the English too, don’t you archbishop?
不,我知道。你们都是两边的人,你们两个,除非我每天都很在意因为我要沉下去了你觉得是时候放手让我淹死了吗?
No, I know. You are on both sides, both of you,unless I mind everyday because I’m going down and you think the time has come to let go and let me drown?
但是…抓住它!
But…hold it!
我周围都是小偷。
I’m surrounded by thieves.
不是贼,大人。
Not thieves, my lord.
这些人窃取国家,所以他们才成为政♥治♥家。
These men steal kingdoms,that makes them statesmen.
你也在嘲笑我…
And you’re slighting me too…
看看你提供的娱乐。
look at the entertainment you provide.
酒杯!
Tumblers!
请陛下原谅我,等他看到下一个吸引人的地方。
Your majesty will forgive me when he sees the next attraction.
它是什么?
What is it?
陛下还记得那个可怜的,从洛林来的疯姑娘吗?
Does your majesty remember the poor, mad maid from Lorraine?
不…
No…
我做了什么?
Do I?
就是鲍德里古写信给你说的那个。
The one Baudricourt wrote you about.
她一直在旅馆等着,希望能见到你。
She’s been waiting at the inn, hoping to see you.
好吧,让她等着。
Well, let her wait.
她现在在这里。
She’s here now.
她在门口……
She’s on the threshold…
我向你保证,只要你把王位借给我片刻,我就会哄堂大笑……
I promise you, if you lend me your throne for a moment I’ll lay the whole court flat with laughter…
而且你不用花一分钱。
and it will cost you nothing.
很好。
Very well.
马蒂,我表弟,很高兴你能来,
Marty, my cousin, so happy to have you here,
不,不,不。和我们坐在一起看娱乐节目。
No, no, no. Sit with us and watch the entertainment.
我一直在观察查尔斯,但我不敢相信自己的眼睛。
I have been watching Charles but I couldn’t believe my eyes.
欢乐,轻浮,浪费……
Gaiety, frivolity, waste…
离这里几里格远的奥尔良,你最后一个伟大的城市正在消亡,而你却让它消亡。
and a few leagues from here Orleans, your last great city is dying, and you let it die.
你的王国离你而去,你却视而不见。
Your kingdom slips from you and you look the other way.
没有了,Alençon,没有了,如果你爱我。
No more, Alençon, no more if you love me.
如果我爱你,我一定要说的更多
If I love you, I must say more
我听说你要离开我们,查尔斯,你打算离开法国
I’ve heard you’re leaving us Charles,that you plan to abandon France
但你是法国的心脏。如果你走了,我们还剩下什么?
But you’re the heart of France. What have we left if you go?
法国对我来说意味着什么?
And what does France mean to me?
一个在条约上签字放弃我权利的疯父亲,一个宣布我为私生子的母亲。
a mad father who signed away my rights for the treaty,a mother who has declared me illegitimate.
她嫁给了唯一的国王现在是觊觎我王位的人的母亲。
a sister who married the only King and now is mother to the pretender to my throne.
你想知道我能否自娱自乐吗?
Do you wonder if I amuse myself?
我看不下去。
I can’t watch it.
我的主,我的堕落的朋友们,我们现在要做今晚最后一件蠢事了!
My lord and fellow reprobates, we now come to the final foolery of the evening!
最后也是最好的。
The last and the best.
-当你知道它是什么…-你要跳舞吗?——玩!
– When you know what it is… – Are you to do dancers? – A play!
这比戏剧还好。
It’s better than a play.
一位女先知从洛林来了。
A prophetess has come from Lorraine.
承诺拯救法国,为我们的皇太子加冕。
Promising to save France and crown our Dauphin.
现在的游戏是我们让克莱蒙特伯爵登上王位,他会假装自己是杰出的查尔斯。
Now then, the game is we put the Count of Clermont on the throne,he will pretend that he is the illustrious Charles.
今晚结束后,我就应该是太子了,对吧?
When the evening is over, I shall be Dauphin by popular demand, huh?
幸运的是,这还不够。
Fortunately, that is not enough.
-现在,坐上王位吧。-请给我一点敬意,我的好朋友们。
– Now, sit on the throne. – Please,a little obeisance, my good people.
这是更好的。
That’s better.
现在,让她进来。我说,让她进来吧。
Now, let her enter. Let her enter, I say.
啊…你们有三个人。
Ah… there are three of you.
请问哪一位是洛林的女仆?
And which may I ask is the maid of Lorraine?
-我是洛林来的女仆。和你在一起的那些姑娘是谁?
– I am the maid from Lorraine. – Who are these other maidens with you?
这是让·德·梅茨和贝特朗·德·波伦吉跟我一起来保护我的。
This is Jean de Metz and Bertrand de Poulengy came with me to guard me.
一个三口之家?
A family of three?
先生,如果你对女佣有任何不满或者怀疑我们对她的尊重我建议你说话小心点。
Sir, if you mean anything against the maid or doubt our respect for her I advise you to watch what you say.
我的歉意。
My apologies.
我宁愿没人向我下跪。
I’d rather nobody knelt to me.
然后没有人会。我向你保证,这不是一个人为了舒适而选择的职位。
Then nobody will. I assure you, it’s not a position one chooses for comfort.
来吧,我们的大皇太子来了。
But come, here’s our great Dauphin.
我在这里等着你答应给我的王冠,洛林的女仆。
Well, here I sit waiting for the crown you promised me, maid of Lorraine.
请替我加冕。
See that I am crowned.
让我立刻戴上王冠。
See that I am crowned at once.
来,你的皇太子向你伸出手来,姑娘。
Here,your Dauphin offers you his hand, maiden.
我温柔的皇太子,我要找的就是你。
My gentle Dauphin it is you I seek.
我走了很长的路来找你,没有人能取代你的位置。
I’ve come a long way to find you and no other can take your place.
上帝通过他的使者对我说话。
God has spoken to me through his messengers.
他的旨意是让我来帮助你让你成为法国的国王。
And it is his will that I come to aid you and that you’ll be King of France.
你怎么认识我的?
How did you know me?
我可以告诉你,当我们独处的时候。
I can tell you that when we are alone.
-你的意见是什么?-这个女孩很危险,一定有第三者。
– What is your opinion? – This girl is dangerous, there must be a third party.
-我敢发誓她是你的敌人派来的。-我的皇太子,我告诉你,从这一刻起,战争就要改变了。
– I could swear she was sent by your enemies. – My Dauphin, I say to you from this hour the war will change.
你的生活将会改变。
And your life will change.
但事实是,琼,我不是上帝会感兴趣的那种人。
But the truth is, Joan, I’m not the sort of person God would be very likely to be interested in.
真的,我不是。
Truly, I’m not.
虽然我可能不比这里的其他人差,但是…
Though I’m no worse than the others here probably but…
如果你问我的话,上帝对我们中的任何一个人都不怎么在意。
God bothers very little with any of us if you should ask me.
我已经对你说实话了。对我说实话。
Now, I’ve been honest with you. Be honest with me.
你想要什么?钱吗?
What is it you want? Money?
土地吗?
Lands?
礼物呢?
Presents?
-我是个可怜的人,尽管我是……-神对你不感兴趣不是真的。
– I’m a poor man in spite of being… – It is not true that God takes no interest in you.
你这样说是为了瞒着我,就像你刚才躲在女人中间一样。
You say that to hide yourself from me as you just now hid among the women.
但上帝会找到你的。让你当国王。
But God will find you out. And make you King.
这是一个诚实的声音。听她的,查尔斯。
This is an honest voice. Listen to her, Charles.
我想你来得正是时候。
I think you’ve come just in time.
一会儿……我以为你是太子。
For a moment… I thought you were the Dauphin.
我是他的堂兄,朗森公爵。
I’m his cousin, the Duke of Ronson.