许多媒体报导
Now, there’ve been a number of reports
包括时代杂♥志♥ 新闻周刊
in reputable news media Time,
电视台等等
Newsweek,our own NBC
听说你超越职权
that you’ve gone way beyond the legal
对证人
means available to you as a prosecutor
威胁他们
that you have intimidated,
甚至对他们下药
even drugged witnesses
贿赂他们 甚至驱策
bribed them, even urged them
他们做伪证
to commit perjury?
对此你有何回应
Do you have a response to this?
你对媒体报导的忠诚
Your faith in the veracity of
很感人
the major media is touching, Jerry.
但表示这时代许多人
It indicates that the age of
还是很天真的
innocence is not yet over.
但你们自问
But ask yourself:
要是在63年的11月22日
if we had learned on November 22nd, 1963
苏俄总理
that the Premier of Russia had been shot
在莫斯科办公大楼
from a Moscow office building by a
被一名资本主义者射杀
lonely capitalist sympathizer who
然后这名杀手在48小时之内
himself was then liquidated by
当着许多警卫面前
a patriotic Muscovite within 48 hours
却被一名爱国的苏俄人杀死
while surrounded by armed police
相信很明显地
l think it would be pretty apparent
许多明眼人必会判定
to any free thinking person that
苏联是发生了一场
a coup d’etat or a transfer of power
转换权力的政♥变♥
had just taken place in Soviet Union.
那也没有人会质疑
And we would not be asking questions or
吉姆·加里森及这些资料了
attacking Jim Garrison or his record.
在一个自♥由♥国度中
We would, in a free thinking society
我们会问
be asking hard questions about
他为何会被杀
why he was killed
还有谁是反对他的力量
and what forces were opposed to him.
吉姆 有些人会觉得
Jim, you know, there are some people
你是太偏执了
who might say you’re paranoid.
或许我展示一些照片
Maybe I’d better show you some pictures,
你们就会开始明白
so you can begin to understand what
我所讲的这些了
it is that I’m talking about.
这些人都被捕了
These are arrests. Now,
这些照片是案子发生后
these arrests were photographed minutes
的几分钟拍下的
after the assassination.
从来没有
Now, they were never shown
曝光在大众面前
to the American public.
对不起 这些照片
Jim, I’m sorry. These pictures
不能拿出来
can’t show up on TV.
当然可以
Well, sure they can.
真的不可以
No, I’m sorry, they can’t.
摄影机可以照到
No. The camera can pick these up.
不好意思 真的不行
Jim, I’m sorry. They can’t.
这会构成毁谤
We have libel laws, you know.
刚才那些人
Those men you just saw
在案发几分钟后
were arrested in Dallas
就被逮捕
minutes after the assassination.
逮捕记录 嫌疑犯照片
They were never seen again.
指纹
No record of arrest, no mug shot,
所以证据都消失了
no fingerprints.
请先等一下
Jim? Hold that thought.
在广♥告♥后
We’re gonna be back right
我们再继续
after these commercials.
比尔 你来做什么
Bill, what the hell are you doing here?
那天我很对不起
I’m sorry about the other day, chief.
我本意
I didn’t mean to walk out
并不是那样的
on you like that
你打老远过来
Bill, you came all the way
就是要说这个
to tell me the obvious?
不 听着
No, boss. Look ,l just got word
我听说这里
there’s going to be an attempt to
和新奥尔良
kill you somewhere between here
有人想杀你
and New Orleans.
肖在加拿大
The mob guy was brought down
找了杀手
by Shaw from Canada.
我是说真的
This is serious, chief.
你需要保镖
You’re gonna need a bodyguard tonight.
比尔 你在军中时
Bill, when you were in the Army.
认识到
Did you have a chance to
什么叫做命令吗
find out what an order meant?
记不记得
Yeah.not to participate in
我命令过
passing on these endless rumors
所有的手下
about how somebody’s going to get
都不准传这种
killed?You happen to remember
有关杀人的谣言
my order for anyone in my staff
我知道 可是
Yes, I do, boss, but this is different.
不用可是了
No, there is no “but.”
在军中
There is no “but” in a
没有什么可是的
military situation, Broussard!
我不会感激
I don’t appreciate your dumping
你的疑神疑鬼
this paranoid garbage on me.
我也不会欣赏
And I don’t appreciate your inability
你不坚定的立场
to follow a simple order especially
特别时最后
when it means I’m personally gonna
我还得帮你买♥♥机票
end up paying for your flight back
回到新奥尔良
to New Orleans.
我去帮你买♥♥票
Now, let’s get you a ticket.
对不起 我只是想帮你
I’m sorry. I’m just looking out for you.
记得拿收据
Get a receipt.
快 他在这里
Come on, come on, he’s out here.
吉姆 你要去哪里
Jim, where’re you going?
我是山姆呀
It’s me, Samuel.
先生 你为何待在厕所这么久
How long were you in that restroom?
关你屁事
None of your goddamn business.
吉姆 大事不好 比尔出♥卖♥♥♥了我们
Jim? Bad news. Bill’s turned.
他把我们所有的资料
I think he’s given everything
都交给调查局了
we’ve got to the Feds.
我们查过资料
We studied the memos, and there
现在什么都没了
was nothing there, chief.
全都没了
Nothing.
我们去找过他
We went to confront him and the
但是房♥东说
landlady said that the son-of-a-bitch
那浑蛋刚搬走
just took off.
全没了 真不敢相信
Left everything. It’s unbelievable.
马提 请你给加里森先生
Mattie, could you get
倒杯饮料吧
Mr. Garrison a drink, please?
一定有人威胁他
Something sure scared him.
比尔不是容易受威胁的人
Bill doesn’t scare that easy.
一定是用方法说服他的
Somebody got to his thinking.
他总是想得不够多
He was never that good a thinker.
我们都被他骗了
Well, he sure fooled us.
不要关掉
No, don’t turn it down,
打开来让我看看
turn it up. I want to see this.
他要赢了
He’s winning!
不会的
He’ll never make it.
他要是获选一定会被杀
If he wins, they’ll kill him.
他会停止战争
He’ll stop the war.
他在上任前
They’re gonna kill him before
就会被杀死的
they’ll let him be president.
谢了 马提
Thank you, Mattie.
现在他们掌握了一切
Boss, with Broussard, they have
包括我们审判时要用到的
everything. All our witnesses,
证人和策略
our strategy for the trial.
我们得查出比尔做的一切
We gotta double check all his work.
要是弄错呢
There could be false leads. We can’t

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!