What’s it look like?
看不出有打斗的痕迹 心脏病或许动脉猝死
I don’t see any violence. Heart attack, maybe an aneurysm.
看来像是自然死亡的
Natural causes.
这个没有地址也没署名
This is addressed to no one and no signature.
离开生命是甜蜜的期盼
“To leave this life is for me a sweet prospect.
生无可恋 或者说 一切都是那么可厌
I find nothing in it that is desirable and, on the other hand, everything that is loathsome.”
诸如此类 我们每天被日增的罪恶所围绕
It goes on and on. “Daily we are propagandized more and more by the rising crime wave.”
对大卫来说用词太华丽了
Seems pretty flowery for Dave Ferrie.
普洛劳易德药
Proloid.
我患低甲状腺病时 曾服过一次
I took it once for a low thyroid condition.
这药会促进新陈代谢
It raises the metabolism.
你觉得菲利是新陈代谢低的人吗
Ferrie strike you as the kind of person with a low metabolism?
我说刚好相反 高血压还差不多
Hardly, I’d say the opposite. Maybe hypertension.
菲利是唯一对整件事感到一点自责的人
Ferrie was the only one to express any kind of remorse about the whole thing.
使他遭杀身之祸
I think it got him killed.
老大 迈阿密传来更多坏消息
More bad news from Miami.
菲利的朋友伊拉戴瓦 被人用刀砍死
Ferrie’s friend, Eladio del Valle, was found hacked to death with a machete today.
他受到酷刑 近距离刺穿心脏 头被砸开
He was tortured, shot point-blank in the heart, his skull split open with an ax.
真是比魔鬼还残忍♥
Ain’t that the devil’s piss!
找到另一张纸条 同样没任何名字
Found another note. Same thing. No name. No signature.
当你读这张纸条时 我早已死去 答案将永远被埋没
“When you receive this, I will be quite dead, so no answer is possible.
-我真心付出却被抛弃 -一定是被迫这样写的
– I offered you love; I got kicked.” – Must’ve pressed to come up with that.
借一步说话
Can I have a word with you?
高血压的人服下整瓶这药会怎样
What if a man with hypertension were to take an entire bottle of Proloid?
会死的很快 心脏病突发或脑血管破裂
He’d die quickly. A heart storm or a ruptured blood vessel in the brain.
能确定他体内有普洛劳易德药物吗
Can you ascertain if there’s Proloid in his system?
普通的尸检不行
Not with a routine autopsy.
除非他脑脊液中碘含量超标 这很难说
But there may be a high level of iodine in the spinal fluid. But it’s difficult to know.
你认为呢
What’s your thinking?
毫不合理 一个怕死之人
It doesn’t make sense. Would a man afraid of dying
会这样不留痕迹地自杀吗
kill himself in a way that leaves no trace?
然后留下两份没签名的自杀笔记
And leave two unsigned suicide notes?
更荒唐的自杀我都见过 吉姆
If it’s a suicide, I’ve seen weirder.
总之现在他死了 案子也没戏了
The fact is, he’s gone. And so is our case.
除非现在去找肖
Unless we go for Shaw now.
用谁的证词 那个男妓
With whose testimony? O’Keefe, a male prostitute?
酒鬼杰克马丁 吸毒的弗能·邦迪
Jack Martin, a drunk? Vernon Bundy, a dope fiend?
肖有地位 新闻主编 美国律师协会
Shaw’s got respect. Newspaper editors, American Bar Association.
我同意 我们根本没证据
I agree. We don’t have the goods.
我们就等 肖会承受不住来招供的
We wait, Shaw will get whacked!
要有多少冤尸你们才能清醒一点
How many corpses do you need to figure out what’s going on?
你搞清楚 菲利是自杀的
Watch your mouth! Ferrie did this himself.
你要去那里
Where’re you going?
我不知道 比尔 真的不知道
I don’t know. I just don’t know.
法兰克 别浪费时间
Frank, you’re wasting your time here. Big Jim gave strict orders. No FBI.
吉姆老大发话了 不回答联调局
Big Jim gave strict orders. No FBI allowed.
我只是想找你谈谈 比尔
But you I wanna talk to, Bill.
不行 如果跟你谈 老大会宰了我
Boss’d fry me in hog fat if I talk to you.
你的老板惹上大♥麻♥烦了 很大的麻烦
Boss got a problem. Real serious.
我们知道你们在调查什么
We know what’s been going on over your office.
想必你也知道
Guess you do.
你们没证据的 你这是在自寻死路
You got nothing. I’m a friend. You’re riding on the Titanic.
趁现在来得及你赶紧收手
Time to jump off before you too get destroyed.
别说了
Frank I don’t wanna hear this!
我担心的是你的前途 你的命
We’re talking about your career.
你还年轻 你在查卡斯特罗的事
You’re young. You’re on the Castro thing.
-不 我没有 -别装蒜了
– No, I’m not. – Yes you are.
我们知道杀总统的不是奥斯华 是卡斯特罗♥干♥的
We know Oswald didn’t pull that trigger. Castro did.
若抖出来 必将爆发战争
If it comes out, it’s war.
成千上万的人会死 比吉姆重要的多
Millions of people will die. That’s more important than Jim Garrison.
操 你听进去没有 你很自私知道么
Damn it!Look at me when I talk to you! You’re goddamn too selfish!
-我没办法 -住口
– I can’t – Shut up!
若你有点脑子 就听我说 仔细听
If you got a brain in your thick skull, listen to me. Listen real hard.
上车
Get in the car.
吉姆·加里森吗
Jim Garrison?
是我
Yeah?
很高兴你来了
Glad you came.
抱歉我不得不警惕
Sorry about the precautions.
我只是希望不虚此行 您是
I just hope it was worth my while, Mr ?
我可以给你一个假名 就叫我X吧
I could give you a false name, but I won’t. Call me “X”.
我已被中情局警告过 所以 我不想再听威胁的话
I’ve already been warned by the Agency, so if this is another threat.
我跟中情局无关
I’m not with the Agency, Mr. Garrison.
既然你从大老远过来 我不会让你失望的
If you’ve come this far, what I have to say interests you.
我不会指明谁 也不会坦白我自己
I won’t name names or tell you who I represent.
要看你想要多接近
Except to say you’re close.
不过你会很快查出真♥相♥的
Except to say you’re close.
懂了吗
Okay?
我所说的一切都属于最高机密
Everything I’ll say is classified top secret.
我是个军人 参加过两次世界大战
I was a soldier, Mr. Garrison. Two wars.
有一个国防部的人员
A secret Pentagon guy,
负责提供军♥火♥ 飞机 弹♥药♥ 枪♥械♥
supplying the hardware. Planes, bullets, rifles
为了所谓的黑色行动
for what we call Black Operations.
黑色行动 暗♥杀♥ 政♥变♥ 操纵选举 宣传 心理战…
Black Ops. Assassinations. Coups d’etat rigging elections, propaganda, psych warfare.
二战时我在罗马尼亚 希腊 南斯拉夫
In World War II, I was in Rumania, Greece, Yugoslavia.
战争末期 我协助拯救部份纳粹情报员
I helped evacuate part of Nazi intelligence at the end of the war.
利用这些人反抗共♥产♥党
And we used those guys against the Communists.
我们48年在意大利舞弊选举 49年在法国挑起罢♥工♥
In Italy, ’48, we stole the elections. France ’49, we broke the strikes.
推♥翻♥菲律宾和危地马拉的总统
Overthrew Quirino in the Philippines. Arbenz in Guatemala.
伊朗的慕沙德 54年在越南 58年在印尼 59年在西♥藏♥
Mossadegh in Iran. Vietnam in ’54. Indonesia, ’58. Tibet, ’59.
救出达♥赖♥喇♥嘛♥ 我们很成功
Got the Dalai Lama out. We were good.
非常棒
Very good.
之后介入古巴事件 就不是很理想
Then we got into the Cuban thing.not so good.
准备完毕后打算在62年十月进攻古巴
Set up an invasion to take place in October, ’62.
赫鲁雪夫送来飞弹态度强硬 肯尼迪放弃进攻
Khrushchev sent missiles to resist. Kennedy didn’t invade.
我们只有干瞪眼
We just had our dicks in the wind.
惹恼很多人 明白吗
A lot of pissed-off people, Mr. Garrison. Understand?
此事稍后再说
I’ll come to that later.
1963年9月 我花了很多时间施行肯尼迪的计划
So, 1963 I spent much of September of ’63 working on the Kennedy
在65年底之前 让全部美军撤离越南
plan to get all U.S. personnel out of Vietnam by the end of 1965.
这个计划是肯尼迪政♥府♥核心计划之一
One of the strongest plans issued by the Kennedy White House
国安备忘录263号♥命令 首批一千支军队回国
National Security memo 263 ordered home the first 1,000 troops.
之后在11月 越南总统戴恩被谋杀一周后
But in November, a week after the murder of Vietnamese President Diem
肯尼迪被谋杀两周前
and 2 weeks before Kennedy’s assassination.
我发现一件很奇怪的事情
a strange thing happened to me.
大卫在吗
Is Dave in there?
您要见我吗 将军
You wanted to see me, General?
没错
I do, indeed.
你要去南极
You’re going to the South Pole.
我要吗
I am?
是的 去找莫尼博士详谈 旅途愉快
Dr. Mooney’s got the details. Check with him. Have a nice vacation.
把我派走的上司 暂且称他为Y
I was sent by my superior, we’ll call him “Y”
我被Y将军送去南极
l was sent by General Y to the South Pole
为一组国际要人当军事护卫
as military escort for a group of international VIPs.
总统被杀时 我正在新西兰 回程路上
I was on my way back, in New Zealand,when the President was killed.
奥斯华在达拉斯晚间七点 因谋杀堤伯被起诉
Oswald was charged at 7 p.m., Dallas time with Tippit’s murder.
在新西兰是次日下午二点
That’s 2 p.m. the next day in New Zealand.
有关这个无人知晓的奥斯华的事
But already their papers had the entire history of this unknown, 24-year-old Oswald.
照片 详细生平 有关他在俄♥国♥
Studio picture, detailed biography,
以及他单独刺杀总统的消息
Russian information and were sure he killed the President alone
甚至比他们在达拉斯控告他还早4小时
although it took them 4 more hours to charge him with that crime in Dallas.
我感觉 消息都是提前伪造的
It felt to me as if a cover story was being put out.
就像在黑色行动
Like we would in Black Op.
我回去之后
After I came back
我自问 为何作为特别行动主管的我
l asked myself, why was l, the chief of Special Ops
被派去南极做一些任何人都能做的工作
sent to the South Pole to do a job many others could have done?
然后我想这是不是因为我的职责
I wonder if it could’ve been because one of my routine duties,
若我在华府必定会加强德州的安全措施
if I’d been in Washington would’ve been to order additional security in Texas.
我很确定有人通知在休斯顿的情报小组
I checked it out and found that someone told the 112th Military Intelligence
在当天无视指挥官里奇 不许武装出动
Group at Fort Sam Houston to stand down that day, over the protests of Colonel Reich.
我相信这一定是弄错了
I believe it’s a mistake.
这很不寻常 因为执行安保工作是标准步骤