明天你得替我收拾公园.我做不了.
You’re gonna have to mow the park for me tomorrow. I can’t do it.
为啥做不了?- 1 1 点我在城里有个约会.
Why the hell not? – I have an appointment in the city at 1 1 :00.
上帝啊, 孩子,你怎么还没放弃呢?
Jesus, kid, why do you keep doin’ it to yourself?
你还要参加多少次面试,
How many of these interviews you gotta go on
才能彻底想明白
before you get it through your thick head
那一行再也不需要你了?
they don’t want you in that business anymore?
看在上帝的份上, 你捉弄了查尔斯王子
For Christ’s sakes, you made fun of that Prince Charles guy.
谢谢.
Thank you.
首先, 我没有 “捉弄” 任何人.
First of all, Dad, I didn’t “make fun” of anybody.
我对新鲜王子,威尔 史密斯做了些评论而已.
I made one remark about Will Smith, the Fresh Prince.
早晚他们都会忘掉那些
Sooner or later, everyone’s gonna forget about that
我就可以回去干我擅长做的了
and I’m gonna go back to doing what I’m really good at,
而不是在这儿扫大街,铲雪,清理垃圾
instead of sweeping streets and plowing snow and picking up garbage.
如何?
OK?
不管怎么说,如果你要进城的话,就带小丫头去看《猫》.
If you’re going into the city anyway, at least take the kid to see the cats.
哦, 上帝…
Oh, God…
我来告诉你吧,已经不再上演《猫》了,
I’ll tell you what, since there is no more Cats,
格蒂, 干嘛不过来挑一出别的想看的剧?
Gertie, why don’t you come over here and pick out another play that you wanna see?
瞧这儿. 任何你想看的
Look through here. Anything you want. Go nuts.
猫是一出剧?- 是啊, 你不是看过报纸吗.
Cats is a show? – Yeah, you read the papers.
你以为自己很聪明,是吗?
You think you’re slick, don’t ya, young lady?
下次你要找同案犯的话,
Next time you’re lookin’ for a partner in crime,
你该找个比你爷爷更高明些的.
you’re gonna have to aim higher than your grandfather.
他老糊涂了.- 我听到了!
He’s soft in the head. – I heard that!
这个. 我们能看这一出么?
Here. Can we go see this show?
《恶魔理发师》? 你认为这里面有很多歌♥儿听?
Sweeney Todd? Do you know that this has a lot of singing?
它是一部音乐剧啊.- 好.我只是问问.
It’s still a play. – OK. I’m just checking.
这次你♥爸♥爸可要在工作上失约了,
Your dad one time lost a bet with someone at his work,
为了去看穿着溜冰鞋的人演出的音乐剧.
and he had to go see a singing play, done by people on roller skates.
酷!- 我可不这么想.
Cool! – Your dad didn’t think so.
以前我做的基本是唱片发行方面
I handled primarily recording artists
但最初, 我学过影片发行,所以这方面也可以胜任.
but when I initially trained, I trained in film PR, so I can do that too.
我,恩,最近六七年不做了.在新泽西抚养我的女儿.
I, uh… took the last six or seven years off. I was raising my daughter in New Jersey.
但我没有落伍, 所以…重拾旧业毫无问题.
But I kept abreast, so… I’m pretty comfortable jumping back in.
你们还想知道什么? 呃…
What else can I tell you guys? Uh…
就这样,你们看,我立刻就能开始.
That’s it. I can start, you know, right away.
你们没问题吧?
You guys all right? –
你是奥利 特里克?曾经在 曼德尔/柯尔什公♥司♥就职的那位?
Are you the Ollie Trinke? The one who used to work at Mandel/Kirschner?
是.
Yeah.
太棒了!- 就像我告诉你的, 雷诺兹! 付钱吧!
Son of a bitch! – Yes! I told you, Reynolds! Pay up!
我给你.- 我不懂?
I got it. – Am I missin’ somethin’?
哈, 我们刚才打赌你是不是奥利 特里克,
Nah, nah, he just bet me you were the Ollie Trinke,
贬低”新鲜王子”的人.
the one who pulled “The Fresh Prince”.
他们这么讲?- 当然!
They named it? – Of course!
你开玩笑吧?伙计,你已经是传奇人物了!
Are you kidding? You’re a legend, man!
你做了所有广♥告♥人梦想的事情!
You did what every flack only dreams about doing!
那是啥?- 你做的太绝了!
Which was what? – You went apeshit!
把你的客户丢回了石器时代.
You trashed your client back to the Stone Age.
没错.- 伙计,向你表示敬意.
Yeah. – We bow to you, man.
在这里你就象神一样.- 是的, 完全正确.
You’re like a god around here. – Yep, exactly.
神到可以获得职位?- 不.
God enough to get a job? – No.
什么, 你疯了?- 没机会的, 特里克!
What, are you insane? – No chance, Trinke!
爸, 我回来了!- 好像我说中了.
Pop, I’m home! – Yeah, like I give a shit.
多谢了!
You know, thanks a lot, Pop!
就是这样的?- 我猜.
That’s what it looks like? – I guess.
你的是啥样?- 和你的不一样.
What does yours look like? – Not like that.
是吗? 让我瞧瞧.
Yeah? Let me see.
好吧.
All right.
格蒂! 布赖恩该回家了.
Gertie! It’s time for Bryan to go home.
好吧…
OK…
你有什么目的?- 啊?
What are your intentions? – Huh?
你对我的女儿有什么企图?
What are your intentions with my daughter?
你打算娶她?- 我不知道.
Do you plan on marrying her? – I don’t know.
只有结了婚的男孩和女孩…
Well, only married boys and girls, ahem…
才互相给看他们的, 呃…
show each other their, uh…
他们的, 呃…
their, you know, uh…
..私处
..parts.
明白?
OK?
布赖恩, 你可以走了.如果你还要来, 就带枚戒指.
OK, Bryan, you can go now. If you come back, come back with a ring.
好的, 特里克先生.
Yes, Mr. Trinke.
再见, 格蒂.- 再见.
Bye, Gertie. – Bye.
再见, 布赖恩.
Goodbye, Bryan.
那么.
OK.
你有什么, 呃…
Do you have any, uh…
问题,关于你的…
questions about what you…
你的…
you know…
无论什么, 明白?
you know, whatever, saw?
你也有布赖恩的那个?
Do you have what Bryan has?
是的, 我也有…
Yes, I have one… too.
你的也和他一样大么?
Is yours as big as his?
很不幸,是的.
Sadly, yes.
我们去租个电影看吧?- 好的.
Can we rent a movie? – Yes.
那么说他们不给你个职位?- 是的. 不过很显然,爸爸是传奇人物了.
So they wouldn’t give you a job, huh? – No. But apparently, Daddy’s a legend.
你不需要职位.你已经有一个了.
You don’t need that job anyway. You already got a job.
没错, 爸爸曾经有一个
Yes, well, Daddy used to have a job
忙到晚上连洗澡的时间都不能保证
where a nightly shower was an option, not a necessity.
你知道什么工作适合你么?- 什么?
You know what job you should do? – What’s that?
你应该当舞蹈老师,就像《辣身舞》里的强尼.
You should be a dance teacher, like Johnny in Dirty Dancing.
是吗? 我该说,”不许把婴儿放在角落里”?
I should? Should I say, “Nobody puts Baby in a corner”?
哦,我们可以再租一次《辣身舞》吗?
Oh, can we rent Dirty Dancing again?
噢…《辣身舞》的纪录要赶上《猫》了.
Ohh… Dirty Dancing ranks one notch below Cats in my book.
能否挑点儿别的?
Can you pick out something else?
这个?
Can we rent this?
别想.去儿童区找找看.
Absolutely not. Go pick out something from the children’s section.
那都是很没劲的.- 注意你的语言.
All those movies suck. – Watch your language.
那是…
Nah, that’s…
打赌这个是. 对, 对, 就是它.
No, I guess that’s it. Yep, yep, that’s it.
不管孩子挑什么,我就要这个了.
I’ll just take this and whatever the kid’s getting.
直接过去放在包里,全搞定.
Just go ahead and put it in the bag. I’m all set.
很好.
It’s good.
“一凤双龙 好奇的乔迪主演”?
“Bi-Bi Guys, featuring Curious Jordie”?
兴趣独特. 你老婆知道吗?
Interesting choice. Does the wife know you’re looking into your options?
我… 我拿…
It’s… I got the…
不巧我拿错了.- 好吧.
I got the wrong box by accident. – Oh, right.
你介意, 呃…帮我去换一盘…
Would you mind, uh… exchanging that for me for something…
任何你觉得可以的…
anything you can get your hands on that’s, you know…
那么你是要…-…不是一对二的那种
So, then you want something… -…that’s non-bi.
请出示会员卡,好么?
Can I have your membership card, please?
好,当然.
Yeah, sure.
我可以问一下关于你的租带的历史纪录?
Do you mind if I asked you a few questions about your renting practices?
呃… 当然.
Uh… sure.
真的? …
Really? Uh…
你经常带着女儿一起来借成人片, 还是初次?
Do you always rent adult titles with your daughter in tow, or is this the first time?
什么?
Excuse me?
当你借A片时, 总是和家人一起么,
When you rent porn, do you usually do it with family around,
或者说, 特别的嗜好?
or is this like a, you know, special occasion?
我非回答不可么?- 我是一名临毕业的学生,正在写一篇论文.
Do I have to answer this? – I’m a grad student, writing a thesis paper.
“掌中小鸟: 有家室的人与色情影像”.
“A Bird in the Hand: The Family Man and the Pornographic Fixation”.
我可不想参与.
OK. I would rather not take part.
真的么?
Really?
弗兰克, 一凤双龙是一天还是两天还的?
Frank, is Bi-Bi Guys a one or a two-night rental?
爸爸,你找好了么?- 哈, 让我们看看爸爸借了什么…
What are you getting, Daddy? – Yeah, Daddy. Let’s just take a look…
别看了, 行么?
Let’s not, OK?
别在我女儿面前问那种问题,行吗?
Would you mind not asking me those questions when my daughter’s with me?
你把它放回去如何?
How about when you bring these back?
那… 好
That’s… Yeah.
为了获得诚实的回答,请把妻子和孩子留在家中.
In an effort to get honest feedback, leave the kid and the wife at home.
我妈妈死了. 在生我的时候.
My mom’s dead. She died when I was born.
噢,上帝.
Oh, Jesus.
先生, 对不起. 我不是…
Man, I’m sorry. I didn’t…