锅盖头
一个故事
A story.
有个人用了很多年的步♥枪♥
A man fires a rifle for many years…
然后他去打仗了
and he goes to war.
之后 他把步♥枪♥还给军械库
And afterward, he turns the rifle in at the armory…
他相信他不会再使用这把步♥枪♥了
and he believes he’s finished with the rifle.
可是不管他再用这双手做什么
But no matter what else he might do with his hands…
爱一个女人 盖一栋房♥子
love a woman, build a house…
给他儿子换尿布
change his son’s diaper…
他的手还挂念着那支步♥枪♥
his hands remember the rifle.
你们已经不再是黑人 澳洲人
You are no longer black, or brown,
亚洲人 或者印地安人
or yellow or red!
你们现在是绿色人种
You are now green!
你们是深绿色的人 或者浅绿色的人
You are light green or dark green!
你们知道吗
Do you understand?
长官 是的 长官
Sir, yes, sir!
斯沃福德
Swofford!
长官 是的 长官
Sir, yes, sir!
你这条蛆虫是不是有个 打过越战的老爸
You the maggot whose father served in Vietnam?
长官 是的 长官
Sir, yes, sir!
非常好 他在那里阵亡了吗
Outstanding! Did he have the balls to die there?
长官 没有 长官
Sir, no, sir!
真是遗憾 他讲过他的事吗
Too fucking bad! He ever talk about it?
长官 只有一次 长官
Sir, only once, sir!
很好 这证明他没有说谎
Good! Then he wasn’t lying!
你那漂亮的蓝眼珠是在盯着我看吗
Are you eyeballing me with those baby blues?
-是不是 -长官 没有 长官
-Are you? -Sir, no, sir!
你是爱上我了吗斯沃福德
Are you in love with me, Swofford?
长官 没有 长官
Sir, no, sir!
你觉得我穿着制♥服♥不好看吗 斯沃福德
You don’t think I look good in my uniform, Swofford?
长官 操练军士穿上制♥服♥好看极了 长官
Sir, the drill sergeant looks fabulous in his uniform, sir!
哦 那么说你是同性恋 而且你爱上我了
So you’re gay, then, and you love me, huh?
长官 我不是同性恋 长官
Sir, I’m not gay, sir!
你有女朋友吗 斯沃福德
Do you have a girlfriend, Swofford?
长官 是的 长官
Sir, yes, sir!
你猜怎样 混♥蛋♥ 乔迪正在干♥你♥的女朋友
Guess again, motherfucker! Jody’s banging her right now!
你给我做25个俯卧撑
Get on your face and give me 25…
如果每月她每被♥干♥一次
for every time she gets fucked this month.
快做
Down on your face!
在见过教官菲奇后
It was shortly after meeting Drill Instructor Fitch…
我很快意识到
that I realized that joining the Marine Corps…
加入海军陆战队可能是一个错误的决定
might have been a bad decision.
这到底是什么
What in the fuck is this?
长官 是新兵画的存物箱示意图 长官
Sir, it’s a recruit’s drawing of a footlocker, sir!
见你♥妈♥的♥大头鬼
Jesus, Joseph and doggie-style Mary!
简直就是一摊狗屎
That is a pile of dog shit.
长官 新兵不太会画画 长官
Sir, the recruit’s never been good at drawing, sir!
那你怎么会成了我的书♥记♥员
Why the fuck are you my scribe, then?
我的书♥记♥员怎么连画画都不会
Isn’t my scribe supposed to know how to draw?
长官 新兵不知道
Sir, the recruit doesn’t know!
新兵以为书♥记♥员是负责写字的 长官
The recruit thought the scribe was supposed to write, sir!
新兵当然不知道
Of course the recruit doesn’t know!
新兵不知道 因为我还没有教他们
The recruit doesn’t know because I haven’t told him!
好吧 浆糊脑子
All right, cum-for-brains…
指给我看 这图上哪里 是你的内衣和跑鞋
show me exactly where your Skivvies and running shoes go.
长官 新兵没法思考
Sir, the recruit can’t think…
因为教官不停地在打新兵的脑袋 长官
while the drill instructor is hitting him on his head, sir!
我这样拍你几下 你就没法思考了
You can’t think while I’m giving you a few love taps?
那要是战场上手榴弹在你面前爆♥炸♥
How the fuck are you going to fire your rifle…
你还怎么开枪
when grenades are going off in your face?
你上这儿干吗来了
What the fuck are you even doing here?
长官 我没有考上大学 长官
Sir, l got lost on the way to college, sir!
现在 我的手叫做♥鸡♥♥巴♥摩擦器
So, now my hands were dick skinners.
手电叫做月亮灯 笔叫做墨水棒
A flashlight was a moonbeam. A pen was an ink stick.
嘴叫精♥液♥接收器
My mouth was a cum receptacle.
床叫架子 墙叫做实心板
A bed was a rack. A wall was a bulkhead.
衬衫叫做上衣
A shirt was a blouse.
领带还是领带 皮带还是皮带
A tie was still a tie, and a belt a belt.
但是许多东西不会像以前一样了
But many other things would never be the same.
海军陆战队基地 彭德尔顿营地 1989年
斯沃福德 这是什么鸟名字
Swofford. What kind of fucking name is that?
英国名字
It’s English.
我的曾祖父 在19世纪末移♥民♥到美国
My great-grandfather came over here in the 19th century.
管他呢
Whatever.
我把你分到G连
I’m putting you in Golf Company.
那里的人都是 一帮精神病和混♥蛋♥
It’s full of retards and fuck ups.
也许你能让他们变好一点
Maybe you can elevate the sons of bitches a little.
也许不能
Or maybe not.
下一个
Next.
锅盖头 名词 海军陆战队员的代称
Jarhead.: noun. Slang for “Marine. ”
来源 陆战队员规定的发型
Origin.: from the resemblance to a jar…
和锅盖有相似之处
of the regulation high-and-tight haircut.
这其实也在暗示
The Marine’s head, by implication, therefore…
陆战队员的脑袋是个锅盖
also a jar.
中空的容器
An empty vessel.
嘿
Hey!
我能帮你吗
May I help you?
是的 我被分配到第2排
Yeah, I was assigned to Second Platoon.
第2排是吗
Second Platoon?
是的
Yeah.
-过得怎么样 老大 -没什么大事
-What’s going on, boss? -Nothing much, man.
-欢迎来到第2排 -谢谢
-Welcome to Second Platoon. -Thanks, man.
兄弟们 鲜肉来了
Hey, boys! Fresh fucking meat!
哪种肉 我们不要你
What kind of meat? We don’t want you!
臭小子
Boo, motherfucker!
尝尝吧
Get some!
妈的
Oh, fuck.
按在你腿上的烙铁不是烧热的那块
Yeah, we switched out the hot brand.
这是我们对新人开的小玩笑
Little fuck-fuck trick we play on the new guys.
真不错
Nice.
想要得到那个烙印 你必须自己去争取
You want a brand, you gotta earn it.
欢迎来到这个烂地方
Welcome to the Suck.
还在胃肠感冒吗 斯沃福德
Still got that stomach flu, Swofford?
我想还没有好
l can’t seem to shake it.
没关系 不是每个人都会适应陆战队的生活
That’s all right. Not everyone’s cut out for the Marines.
但是对我来说 没有别的地方可去 那才是事实
But for me, there was nowhere else. That was the truth.
怎么说我也是 在一场战争中被制♥造♥出来的
After all, I was made in a war.
斯沃福德先生和斯沃福德太太 离开越南后正在休养
Here’s Mr. and Mrs. Swofford on R&R from Vietnam.
1969年在檀香山希尔顿酒店
Honolulu Hilton, 1969.
我不能看
I can’t watch…
你也不能看
and neither can you.
还有一些其他的事 我也不能给你看
And here are some other things I can’t show you.
去看望我姐姐
Visiting my sister.
和妈妈一起做小蛋糕
Making muffins with Mom.
和爸爸早饭时的谈话
Breakfast conversations with Dad.
这里有一些事是你可以看的
But here are some things you can see.
大便
Taking a dump.
考虑去上大学
Thinking about going to college.
放学后和我的女朋友一起学习
Studying after school with my girlfriend.
-哦 天啊 我爱你 -我也爱你
-Oh, my God, I love you. -I love you, too.
送掉我最心爱的 USMCT恤衫
Giving away my favorite USMC T-shirt.
我会天天给你写信的
I’ll write you every day.
嘿
Hey!
斯沃福德
Swofford?
-斯沃福德 -是的
-Swofford? -Yo.
怎么回事 你病了吗
What the fuck? You’re sick?
没有 我只是胃有些问题 长官
No, I just had a stomach thing, sir.
塞克斯上士
Staff Sergeant Sykes.
我是监视和目标捕获部队的 简称STA
I’m with Surveillance and Target Acquisition. STA.
我听说他们为了给你玩那个盖章游戏
l heard it took six guys to pull
用了六个人才把你按住
that little branding trick on you.