And so I became really close to her.
她成了我的代理妈妈 基本上
She became my surrogate mother, basically,
还有那个抚养我长大的人
and the person who… who raised me.
我们搬进了我在巴黎郊外买♥♥的房♥子
We moved into a farmhouse that I bought outside of Paris.
有一些东西对我很有吸引力
There was something so appealing to me
比如说在某处扎根
about putting down roots.
我目睹自己
I saw myself
结婚和成家
being married and having a family
在法国定居
and living in France.
然而
Well,
瓦迪姆是那样充满了矛盾的一个人
Vadim was so full of contradictions.
有很多问题我只是选择忽视
There were a lot of issues that I just chose not to see.
我不知道什么是强迫性赌博或是酗酒
I didn’t know what compulsive gambling was or alcoholism.
如果我抱怨 他会叫我刻薄的中产阶级
If I would complain, he would call me bourgeois.
哦 天哪你永远不用担心钱的问题
Oh my God… forbid that you would ever be worried about money
或抱怨没钱或抱怨
or complain about money or complain about
婚外情之类的
extramarital affairs or anything like that.
当她发现自己的兴趣时 她就会专注于她的兴趣
When she finds an interest, she’s focused on it.
在那个时候 她的的兴趣就是瓦迪姆 所以
At that point, that interest was Vadim, so…
她成了瓦迪姆想要的样子
she became what Vadim wanted.
他了解你吗 简?
Does he know you that well, Jane?
我认为他比我自己更了解我
I think he, he knows me better than I know me.
女演员通常都有些……笨
Actresses are usually quite… dumb.
因为我们自以为是的认为自己什么都能做好
We’re really quite stupid about what we think we can do well.
然后这位导演的出现
And it’s the director that comes along
给我们开拓思路带来新的灵感
and makes us use muscles we’ve never used before.
瓦迪姆 一直都是这样
Vadim… does that all the time.
我会说 “我不能那样做 我不能演那个场景 ”
I would say, “I can’t do that, I… I can’t play that scene.”
他会让我去演 而那些场景会很不错
And he’d make me do it, and they’d be the good scenes.
这就是我 试图不被男人去定义
Here I was, trying to not be defined by men,
却最终得到了一个女性定义者的
ended up with a man who was the ultimate
终极审判
definer of femininity.
那是我当时的情况
That’s where I was at that time.
我想要有人来塑造我
I wanted someone to mold me.
我想要他
I wanted him…
帮助我成为一个女人
to help me become a woman.
迪诺德劳伦提斯送给我一本非常有名的法国漫画书 名叫芭芭拉
Dino De Laurentiis sent me the very famous French comic book called, Barbarella.
他想拍一部电影 我要演芭芭拉
He wanted to make a movie, and would I play Barbarella.
现在 我知道当时巴多特已经拒绝了 索菲亚罗兰拒绝了
Now, I knew that Bardot had turned it down, Sophia Loren had turned it down,
我也不想演
and I didn’t want to do it.
我是说 我看着这些图片
I mean, I look at these pictures,
我不认同芭芭拉
I didn’t identify with Barbarella.
瓦迪姆是 我想
Well, Vadim was, I think,
可能是世界第一的科幻小说迷
probably the number one science fiction aficionado in the world.
所以 如果有一个关于性的科幻故事
So, when you have a science fiction story that’s about sex…
我不可能不去拍这部电影 他也打算导演这部电影
there was no way I was not gonna do this movie, and he was going to direct it.
【芭芭拉】1968年
瓦迪姆想让这部电影以太空脱衣舞的方式开场
Vadim wanted the film to open with a space strip tease.
他拿了一套
He took the set
这个样子
and turned it so that
布景是面对着收音台的天花板
the opening of the set was facing the ceiling of the sound stage.
然后他在上方放了一块很厚的玻璃
Then he put a very thick pane of glass over it,
然后我躺在玻璃上
and then I laid on top of the glass
就像我漂浮在太空中一样
like I was floating in space.
然后我必须赤身裸体
And then I had to be naked.
我喝醉了 我喝了超多伏特加
I was drunk. I drank so much vodka to do that.
这对我来说太可怕了
It was so terrifying for me.
然后第二天早上 我们听说有一只蝙蝠
And then the next morning, we hear that a bat
飞在
had flown…
在我和摄像机之间
between me and the camera
之前是吊在天花板上的
that was hanging from the ceiling.
然后我们只能再拍一遍
and spoiled the take and we had to do it again.
哦 上帝
Oh, God.
但这办法确实管用
So the take that actually got used,
我不仅醉了 还宿醉
I was not only drunk, I was hungover, too.
你是普通的地球女性吗?
Are you typical of Earth women?
我就是个普通人
I’m about average.
即便我现在看这部电影的时候 我还是非常喜欢它
When I look at the movie now, I thoroughly enjoy it.
我的意思是 我认为这只是一次野营一样
I mean, I think it’s just a camp
只是个玩笑 我不认为那是性感
romp, really. I don’t think it’s particularly sexy.
我不是一个提问者
I wasn’t a questioner.
对我来说 肤浅的东西是很容易演
Superficial can come pretty easy to me.
我的意思是 它更方便我去表演
I mean, it’s more convenient.
你知道 我
You know, I spent…
几十年来没有问过太多的问题
quite a few decades not asking too many questions.
曾经有一段时间
There was a time when
我非常相信
I believed so strongly
如果美国士兵在某处战斗
that if American soldiers were fighting somewhere,
我们必须站在天使的一边
we had to be on the side of the angels.
在我看来 不可能有别的选择
It was inconceivable to me that it could be otherwise.
我父亲参加过第二次世界大战
My father had fought in the Second World War.
他为之自豪 我明白这一点
He was so proud of it, I understood that.
而我曾是1959年的陆军征兵官
I mean, I was Miss Army Recruiter in 1959.
我记得在196♥4♥年
I remember in 196♥4♥,
瓦迪姆和我在圣特罗佩兹
Vadim and I were in St. Tropez.
他拿起报纸 头条新闻
He picked up the paper, and the headlines
在讨论国会是如何通过“通金湾决议”的
were talking about how Congress had passed the Tonkin Gulf Resolution.
瓦迪姆爆发了
Vadim erupted,
我的无政♥治♥主义的丈夫
my non-political husband.
“他们在做什么?他们不可能赢得那场战争 ”
“What are they doing? There is no way they can win that war.”
“你的国会已经疯了 ”
“Your Congress is out of its mind.”
我在想 “真酸 只是因为你们没赢
And I’m thinking, “Sour grapes. Just ’cause you guys didn’t win,
法国人 想想越南战争 ”你明白我的意思吗?
the French, when you fought the Vietnamese.” You know?
我其实也不是很了解
That was how… little I knew.
我和西蒙娜西诺特的关系非常亲密
I had grown very close to Simone Signoret.
她是法国顶级电影明星之一
She was one of the top French movie stars.
她成为了一名积极分子
And she had become an activist.
她当过艺术家 作家 诗人 哲学家
Artists, writers, poets, philosophers
她处在激进主义的前沿
were at the forefront of activism.
西蒙妮·德·波伏瓦
Simone de Beauvoir,
让·保罗·萨特
Jean Paul Sartre.
我并没有混迹在这些圈子里
I didn’t really move in those circles
除了西蒙西格诺特之外
with the exception of Simone Signoret.
她有点
She kind of…
她为我打开了一扇门
opened the door a crack for me.
但是 你知道 我记得当时在想
But, you know, I remember thinking,
“我不像她想象的那么聪明 ”
“I’m not as smart as she thinks I am.”
1968年
1968.
我怀孕了
I was pregnant.
我认为当一个女人怀孕的时候
I think that when a woman is pregnant,
比以往任何时候都更像海绵一样容纳百川
more than ever, she’s like a sponge.
非常适应和接受在以太中存在的东西
Very attuned to and receptive to what’s in the ether.
不仅仅是在她身边 而是在整个世界上
Not just around her, but in the world.
我在电视上看特技攻势
I’m watching on television the Tet Offensive.
我正在看芝加哥的新闻短片
I’m looking at newsreel from Chicago.
我们将在这里聚集
We are going to gather here
无论如何都要
by any means necessary.
示♥威♥ 那些殴打 血腥
The demonstrations, the beatings, the bloodiness.
我想到了西蒙妮
I thought of Simone.
我开车去她的农舍
I drove to her farmhouse
在乡下
out in the country.
我记得 她打开门 她说
And I remember, she opened the door and she said,
“我一直在等你 ”
“I’ve been waiting for you.”
她说 “我知道你会来谈论这场战争 ”
She said, “I knew you’d come to talk about the war.”
西蒙妮向我解释说
Simone explained to me that,
越南战争已经持续了数千年
that the Vietnamese had been fighting for thousands of years,
他们对抗蒙古对抗中国
against the Mongols, against China.
他们总是能赢
They had always won.
至于美国要打一场战争
For America to fight a war
数千英里之外
thousands and thousands of miles away,
在一个他们不理解的国家里
in a country that they didn’t understand,