封闭
close…
但这些情形大多都是虚构的
but a lot of it was simply myth.
那个夏天
This is the summer
在我11岁的时候
when I was 11.
野餐是为某杂♥志♥举办的 我不记得是哪一家了
It was staged for some magazine, I don’t remember which one.
这是我的兄弟 彼得 还有我的母亲
Then there’s my brother, Peter, and my mother.
那时她在一些机构里忙里忙外
She had been in and out of institutions by that time,
当我看着她的脸 我能看出焦虑和压力
and when I look at her face, I can see the anxiety and the stress,
这让我非常非常难过
and it makes me very, very sad.
我不知道为什么 但我就是对她很反感
I didn’t know why, but I had an aversion to her.
我一定要与成功相伴 而助我成功的队伍中仅一人
My team is the winning team, my team is the man,
是我父亲
my dad.
你可以看出他整个人都心不在焉
And you can tell he is not present at all.
他和一个年轻女人有染
He was having an affair with a far younger woman.
家庭野餐
Family picnic.
对我来说 这是一个
To me, that is a very…
悲伤的画面
sad picture.
它说明了一切
It says it all.
我的成长很孤独
I was alone a lot growing up.
我把所有的时间都花在了山上漫步
I spent all my time roaming the hills.
我想成为土著人
I wanted to be Tonto.
在那些日子里 当你真正形成人格的时候
In those days, when you really became somebody,
这意味着你必须是独♥立♥的
it meant that you were… independent,
你不需要任何人
you didn’t need anybody.
然后我再看向那些房♥子的窗户
But then I’d look into the windows of houses
人们坐在桌旁
where people were sitting at the table…
我记得 那会给我带来一种渴望的感觉
and I remember, it would bring up a feeling of longing in me.
我想 不管它是什么
And I figured, whatever it is that creates
我所看到的 是温暖的
that thing that I’m looking at, that warm…
光 人们的相谈甚欢
glow of light, people laughing and talking,
但我永远无法置身其中
that will never be mine.
亨利·方达
Henry Fonda,
我们授予你“1952之父”的称号♥
we name you Stage Father of 1952.
这是你的奖章配以我最衷心的祝贺
Here is your medal and my heartiest congratulations.
谢谢你 谢谢你 奥斯汀先生
Thank you. Thank you, Mr. Austin.
我感到很荣幸 我只是希望
I feel very honored. I just hope that
我的女儿和儿子会被打动的
my Jane and Peter are gonna be properly impressed.
他是许多人的英雄
He was a hero to so many people.
但是
But…
这样的人并不都是好父亲
these kind of men aren’t always good fathers.
两者都很难兼顾
It’s hard to be both.
我想让爸爸高兴
I wanted to please dad.
你想让我成为什么样的人?我愿意做任何你想让我做的事
Who would you like me to be? I’ll do whatever you want,
因为我想要你爱我
’cause I want you to love me.
彼得却恰恰相反
Peter was the opposite.
如果他害怕 他会哭
If he was scared, he’d cried.
如果他对爸爸生气 他会表现出来
If he was angry with dad, he’d show it.
这对彼得来说真的很难
And it was really hard on Peter.
他想做到控制自己远比我困难得多
He had it way harder than me.
比起我 那对简来说更为困难
It’s more difficult for Jane than it is for me, actually.
你看 这并不是说他不曾是 或从不是一个有爱的人
You see, it’s not that he wasn’t or isn’t a loving person at all.
他只是没有一个剧本的角色 上面写着:“亨利·方达:
He just… has no character with a script that says, “Henry Fonda:
方达说:“我爱你 儿子 ”他就能应付得了
Fonda says, ‘I love you son,'” and he would be able to handle it.
如果没有这个脚本 他就无所适从
Without that script, he’s got nothing to do.
我的意思是 他必须要有一个特定的面具才能表达他自己
I mean, he has to have the mask in order to express.
简没有办法把让自己变得和她的父亲一样
Jane has no way to attach herself to Henry.
她不再有“他的女儿”这一角色
She’s lost out there as his daughter.
当时我20岁 也许21岁
I was 20, maybe 21,
还住在我父亲的房♥子里
still living at my father’s house
在马里布的海滩上
on the beach in Malibu.
我的继母给了我最后通牒:
My stepmother had given me an ultimatum:
“今年秋天 你得搬出房♥子 ”
“Come fall, you have to move out of the house.”
我该怎么做?
What was I gonna do?
离海滩四分一英里的地方是李·斯特斯拉伯格的房♥子
A quarter-mile down the beach was Lee Strasberg’s house.
他是位伟大的表演教练
He was the great acting coach.
他教过像保罗·纽曼和詹姆斯·迪恩这样的人 当然还有玛丽莲·梦露
He taught people like Paul Newman and James Dean, and, of course, Marilyn Monroe.
我走到了海滩
I walked down the beach,
脱下我的高跟鞋以便走在沙滩上
took off my high-heeled shoes to walk in the sand.
我把鞋子放回去后 敲了敲后门
I knocked on the back door after having put my shoes back on.
他让我进去
He let me in.
他后来说
He later said,
“她似乎是那种最乏味、最传统的女孩”
“She seemed to be the most boring, conventional girl…
“除了当我看进她的眼底
“except when I looked into her eyes,
发现有很多隐匿不见的痕迹 ”
there was a lot hidden.”
他带我进入他的课堂
And he took me into his class.
李教我们潜入
Lee taught us to… dive deep
我们更深的心底
into your own psyche,
那些私人独处时刻和耳濡目染的记忆
private moments, sensory memories,
给你的角色带来更深刻鲜活的生命
to bring a deeper life to your character.
我太害怕了
I was so scared.
我就坐在后面
I sat in the back.
如果我能一直上那表演课我该有多么高兴啊
I would’ve been happy if I never ended up performing in that class.
最终 大约两个月后
Eventually, after about two months,
李说:“好了
Lee said, “Okay.
“你懂得 明天你就会去付诸行动 ”
“You know, tomorrow you’re gonna do it.”
这个班比平时坐的更满了
The class was fuller than usual.
我想他们是想来看看
I think they wanted to come see
亨利·方达的女儿的真面目
Henry Fonda’s daughter fall on her face.
我记得当我结束表演的时候
And then I remember when I was through,
李沉默了很长时间
Lee was silent for a long time.
然后他说 “你知道 我看到过很多人从这里完成他们的表演
And then he said, “You know, I see a lot of people come through here.
你真的很有天赋 ”
You have real talent.”
我发誓
I swear…
就像有人敲开了我的脑壳 鸟儿从里面飞了出去
it was like someone had opened the top of my head and birds flew out.
大家都从台阶上下来
Everyone off the steps.
黛安娜?
Diane?
我受不了
I can’t stand it!
你第一次真正地
The first time you really
发现你喜爱的东西 自然而然的就会喜欢去从事
discover something you love, organically love to do,
你去睡觉的时候 你会喜爱它
you go to sleep loving it,
当你醒着的时候 你还是会喜爱它
and you wake up and you love it,
你不必去刻意想它
and you don’t have to think about it,
你不会介意晚上一个人呆在家里
and you don’t mind staying home alone at night
因为你有喜欢的事去做
because you’ve got this thing that you really love to do.
简·方达决定跟随
Jane Fonda decided to follow
她那巨星父亲的脚步
the well-known path trod by her distinguished father,
演员亨利·方达
actor Henry Fonda.
简曾作为一名摄影师的模特
Jane worked as a photographer’s model
来谋生而与此同时她也掌握了艺术的精髓
to earn a living while she mastered the art.
-你好 简 -你好 查理
-Hello, Jane. -Hello, Charlie.
我想我们碰到了刚搬到这个公♥寓♥的你
I think that we caught you just moving into this apartment.
你们确实是
You certainly did.
简 你认为这对一个女孩来说这很重要吗?
Jane, do you think it’s important for a girl
开始独自生活
starting out to be on her own,
像你一样拥有她自己的公♥寓♥?
to have her own apartment like this?
这……我想 呃
Well, I think, uh…
我认为 这有助于脱离家庭束缚
it helps, I think, to be away from the family,
尤其是对我来说
particularly for me.
你知道 如果孩子和父母
You know, if a child and the parent
在同一行业工作
work in the same business,
你就会觉得自己更独♥立♥了
it’s uh, you feel more independent, you know.
我觉得
I feel…
我不需要总是要解释我在做什么 诸如此类的
I don’t have to always be explaining what I’m doing and everything like that.
-嗯 你-我希望我父亲不会听见我说的这些
-Uh, you’re… – I hope my father’s not listening to this.
他可能不会
He probably is.
我的职业生涯猝不及防的开始了
I had this instantaneous career.
我在百老汇演戏剧
I was doing plays on Broadway.
我在好莱坞拍电影
I was making movies in Hollywood.
我获得了托尼奖提名并获得了纽约戏剧评论家协会评为
I was nominated for a Tony and won the New York Drama Critics’ Circle Award
今年最有前途的戏剧女演员
for the most promising actress of the year for drama.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!