I might, I will, I am. Yes, we’ve talked about it.
我们在干什么?
Doing? Doing?
我来告诉你我们在做什么 我们 我们 我们
I’ll tell you what we’re doing, we’re… we’re… we’re…
我们为患有关节炎的妇女做振动器
we’re making vibrators for women with arthritis.
好的 上帝
Okay. God…
七十八岁的时候 我还和山姆·艾略特有床戏
Seventy-eight years old, I have a scene in bed with Sam Elliot.
很好 是吧?
Pretty good, huh?
这也很有趣
It was fun, too.
保拉·温斯坦 他是我最好的朋友
Paula Weinstein, who’s my best friend,
她打电♥话♥给我 她说 “赞努克
she called me and she said, “The Zanucks who were producing the Oscars that year
那个奥斯卡之父要给我颁一个奖项 ”
want you to present an award.”
我说 “我不能 我已经不在这个行业了 ”
And I said, “I can’t, I’m not in the business anymore.”
她说 “闭嘴
She said, “Shut up,
“王薇薇要给你做裙子
“Vera Wang’s gonna make you a dress
莎莉赫什伯格会给你做发型 ”
and Sally Hershberger’s gonna cut your hair.”
我复出了
I came out…
我能听到观众倒吸一口气
I could hear a gasp from the audience
因为我看起来真的很好
’cause I looked really good.
马上 我得到了蒙斯特的邀请
And right away, I got offered Monster-In-Law.
【怪兽婆婆】2005年
你知道 我想 “好吧
You know, I thought, “Well…
“人们会因为詹妮弗·洛佩兹而去看它
“people are gonna go see it because of Jennifer Lopez,
“但他们会发现 或者重新发现 简方达在荧幕上 ”
“but they’re gonna discover, or rediscover, Jane Fonda.”
对不起 我以为是空气清新剂
I’m sorry, I thought it was air freshener.
简 我是 我告诉你
Jane, I’m… I’m telling you, I couldn’t be, uh,
我真实太开心了你能复出 这东西真是太好了
happier for you. I’m a… This thing has just been tremendous.
我想 在这出戏之后 我能稍作休息 但是 不
And I would think after this run of the play, you would like some time just to relax, but no!
你看 我是欧莱雅的品牌大使
You see, I’m the brand ambassador for L’Oreal
老年大使 他们从不
for older women, but they never…
没有人雇过我这个年纪的品牌大使
nobody’s ever had a brand ambassador my age.
我和玛格丽特·米德竞争 他们让我代言的是
I competed with Margaret Mead, and what they have me doing…
——嗯 是手霜、面霜和防腐精油
–…is um, hand cream, face cream, and embalming oil.
我从没想过我还会这么做
I never thought I’d still be doing this.
如果你告诉我 我现在这个年龄
If you would have told me, that I would be my age now,
仍然在工作
and still working,
我一定会非常吃惊的
I would have been totally flabbergasted.
简 简 简
Jane! Jane! Jane!
我很惊讶我有
I’m just kind of amazed that I have…
成功地重拾了一个职业 我
managed to recreate a career, and I’m…
忙的晕头转向
as busy as I am.
上帝
God!
-我的意思是 难道一个女人就不能有 -莉昂娜
-I mean, can’t a lady have a… -Leona!
我们失去公众的信任了
We don’t have the trust of the public anymore.
把它夺回来
Get it back!
我忘记了 我忘了慢下来 对不起
I forgot, I forgot to slow down, I’m sorry.
现在 我又要和鲍勃·雷德福一起拍电影了
Now, I’m making a movie with Bob Redford again.
她太忙了
She is so busy.
她脚不沾地
No grass grows under her feet.
她把我放在阴凉处
She puts me in the shade.
你准备好吃寿司了吗?
You ready for sushi?
是的 我准备好了
Yes, I am.
格蕾丝和弗兰基 当提出的时候 似乎是对的
Grace and Frankie, when it came along, just seemed right.
我们可以把这部分的生活展现出来
We can play out this part of our lives
在一个
in a project that speaks
我们可以说出我们想说的计划中
what we wanna speak about.
年长的女性 年长的人们 年长的 呃
Older women, older people, older, uh,
同性恋 年长的异性恋
gay people, older straight people.
我该如何向我的孩子们解释他们的奶奶为其他的老奶奶们做性玩具呢?
How am I gonna explain to my kids that their grandma makes sex toys for other grandmas?
好吧 我来告诉你怎么告诉他们 亲爱的
Well, I’ll tell you what to tell them, honey.
你告诉他们 我们为像我们这样的人制♥作♥的
You tell them that we make things for people like us.
她的生活领先于我们
She lived her life in front of us,
随着年龄的增长 她向我们展示了变老是什么样子
and as she’s grown older, she’s shown us what that’s like.
她不害怕抛头露面
She’s not afraid to be out there.
我们厌倦了被像你这样的人反驳
We are sick and tired of being dismissed by people like you.
-关掉麦克风 -这是关于回答
-Mic drop. -It’s about answering back,
不是默默无闻的入夜
not going quietly into that great good night.
然后继续往下 当你往下走的时候 让你的膝盖弯曲
And then go ahead and lower down and when you lower down, I want you to let your knees bend.
太好了 然后再拉回来
Great, and then pull right back up again.
-那么 -用我的手臂?
-So… -Using my arms?
你可以同时使用……
You could use both so r…
我很高兴
I’m glad…
我看起很不错即使到了这个年龄
that I look good for my age.
但我也做过整形手术 我不会撒谎
But I’ve also had plastic surgery, I’m not gonna lie about that.
在某种程度上 我讨厌我有这种需求的事实
On one level, I hate the fact that I have had the need…
通过改变我的身体
to alter myself physically
来让我感觉还好
to feel that I’m okay.
我希望我不是
I wish that I wasn’t…
就像这样
like that.
我喜欢老面孔
I love older faces.
我喜欢脸上有岁月的痕迹 我爱凡妮莎·雷德格雷夫的脸
I love lived-in faces. I love Vanessa Redgrave’s face.
我希望我更勇敢一点
I wish I was braver.
但是 嗯
But, um…
我就是我
I am what I am.
你的年龄不是按时间变化的
Your age is less chronological,
我说的是精神上的 态度上的
and more spiritual, and attitudinal.
我20岁就老了
I was so old at 20.
我的意思是 也许认识我的人会说 “什么? ”
I mean, maybe people who knew me then would have said, “What?!”
但在灵魂层面上 我是这样的
But on a soul level, I was really…
我看不到未来
I saw no future.
我当时很黑暗
I was very dark,
我是一个非常悲伤的人
very sad person.
没有快乐
There was no joy.
我真的不知道我是谁
I didn’t really know who I was.
我花了很长时间才找到自己的真正轨迹
It took me a really long time to find my own narrative.
很少有人像她那样感动我
Few people move me as much as she does.
她一生都要奋斗
She’s gotta fight all her life
她的不安全感
her insecurity,
知道她自己的价值
knowing her own value.
她的一生都在路上 我想她永不停息
And that’s a journey that continues for her. I think she’s gonna have that…
但是但是没有人勇敢地去解决问题
forever, but… but nobody braver to tackle it.
当我看着我爸爸死去
When I watched my dad die,
我觉得他
I felt that he…
有很多遗憾
had a lot of regrets.
我不想在生命的尽头
I do not want to get to the end of life…
带着很多遗憾 我知道那些遗憾并不是我所做过的
with a lot of regrets, and I know that the regrets won’t be what I did,
它们是我以前没能做到的
they’ll be for the things I didn’t do.
这是我最后一幕的开始
This is the beginning of my last act.
为了知道如何前行
In order to know how to go forward,
我必须知道我现在身处何处
I was gonna have to know where I’d been.
让我们看看
Let’s see.
那是我的祖母
That’s my grandmother.
那是我爸爸长大的房♥子
That’s the house where my dad grew up.
如果你真的回到过去
If you really go back,
试着去了解你是谁
and try to understand who you’ve been,
你必须了解你的父母是谁
you have to understand who your parents were.
为什么他们不能
Why were they not able…
用带有爱意的眼神看着你
to really look at you with eyes of love,
用爱的眼光来审视自己
reflect yourself back with eyes of love.
为什么他们这么盲目?为什么自我陶醉蒙蔽了他们的双眼
Why did they have duct tape over their eyes? Why did narcissism blind them…
而不是真切的看看你?
from being able to really see you?
他们的父母是谁?为什么他们的父母
Who were their parents? Why did their parents…
那样对待他们?
treat them the way they did?
2000年 我开始写我的回忆录
I began, in 2000, to write my memoirs.
我把它们献给了我的母亲 因为我认为它会迫使我
I dedicated them to my mother, because I thought it was gonna force me…
去弄清楚她是谁
to figure out who she was.
我发现我的母亲是个派对女孩
I found out that my mother was the life of the party.
“每个人都喜欢和你妈妈在一起 ”是吗?
“Everybody loved being around your mother!” They did?
“哦 我的天哪 哦 她是我的意思是 男人爱她 ”
“Oh my gosh! Oh, and she was… I mean, men loved her.”
而她的父亲 我祖父的家人 说:
And her father’s, my grandfather’s side, of the family said, “Gasp!
“哦 我们都想要和你妈妈亲近 可她是一块石头 ”
“Oh we all wanted to be close to your mother. She was a rock.”
我就说 “我妈妈?”这
I was like, “My mother?” It was such a…