She’d begun the marriage by saying to Ted, “I’ll give up work,
但是你要放弃其他女孩 ”
but you give up girls.”
你的意思是说 牧场可以取代电影所带来的欢愉?
You mean ranching can take the place of all the excitement of doing the movies?
泰德可以取代
Ted can.
这是你的吗 杰夫?
Is that from you, Jeff?
哎呀 这花了一大笔钱
Gee, that cost a fortune!
我认为那将是一场灾难
I thought that would be a disaster,
和我们的自♥由♥主义者 那些脆脆的格兰诺拉麦片
with our liberal, crunchy granola,
他的家人都是左翼的孩子
leftist kids coming into his family.
他们融合得非常好
And it melded amazingly well.
我学到了很多
I learned a lot…
和这些男人在一起 但我在泰德身上学到的东西最多
with the men in my life, but I learned the most with Ted.
他的愿景是宏观的
His vision was macro,
我的想法是微观的
and I’m micro.
所以我们是很好的合作伙伴
So we were a great partnership.
它是
It was…
一个令人惊喜的 有趣的婚姻
a stunningly, interesting marriage.
因为他们分享了一种世界观 一种国际主义
Because they shared a view of the world, an internationalism,
一种好奇心
a curiosity.
在那个状态低迷的时期离开好莱坞是件很棒的事
And it was great to be out of Hollywood in that dismal period
她到处碰壁
where she’d be looking for gigs.
摆脱这些很好
It was fun.
但是 你知道 最终 他们的婚姻并没有持续下去
But, you know, in the end, it didn’t last.
蒙大纳飞 D 牧场
嗨 玛塔
Hi, Marta.
我很好 我正在开车去找我最爱的前夫那儿
I’m good, I’m in a car heading for my favorite ex-husband’s
在蒙大拿的农场
ranch in Montana.
我觉得你看起来很棒
I think you look great.
-哈 我不-我觉得你看起来棒极了
-Ha, I don’t… -I think you look great!
你看起来也很棒
You look great, too.
哦 是吗?
Oh, it is?
变老很难 不是吗 伙计?
Gettin’ old is hard, isn’t, man?
哦 是这样的
Oh, it is.
那棵树看起来很好 你有没有坐在它脚下
That tree looks great. Do you ever sit under it
-和你不同的女朋友?-没有
-with your various girlfriends? -No.
那是你的树
That’s your tree.
很高兴见到你
It’s good to see you.
很高兴见到你
It’s good to see you.
是的
Yeah.
嗯 我们曾经在这里度过了美好的时光
Well, we had fun in here.
我能专横一会儿吗?
Can I be bossy for a minute?
当然
Sure.
这不是一个好主意
This isn’t a good idea.
为什么?
Why?
因为你走到后面看
Because you walk into the back
这些图片
of a whole lot of pictures.
你应该把它们转过来
You should turn them,
其中一些应该面向这边 而且 哦
and some of them should face this way, and for… Oh!
哦瞧瞧
Awww.
我们度过了美好的10年
We had a wonderful 10 years.
但我必须隐藏部分自我
But I had to hide a part of me,
为了让他高兴
in order to please him.
他会在我在洛杉矶的时候给我打电♥话♥ 他在亚特兰大
He would call me when I was in L.A. and he was in Atlanta,
他那时说 “我在收缩 ”
and he would say, “I’m… shrinking.”
当他与他的爱人分开时
When he is removed from his object of love,
只有他独自一人的时候
and he’s alone,
他确实觉得自己越来越小了
he actually does feel like he’s getting small.
这是一件非常值得深思和严肃的事
It’s very deep and very serious.
特德不能一个人呆着
Ted can’t be alone.
所以我的整个生活
And so my whole life
一定是要围着他转的
had to be about him.
我几乎不能去参加会议
It was rare that I could go to a conference.
在北♥京♥举♥行♥的妇女大会上 我需要去谈判
The women’s conference in Beijing, I had to really negotiate.
开罗会议 联♥合♥国♥人口与发展会议
The Cairo conference, the UN conference on population and development.
我成立了一个名为乔治亚州运动的组织
I began an organization called the Georgia Campaign
为了预防青少年怀孕
for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention,
这些对我来说非常非常重要
and it was very, very important to me.
但是有很多我想做的事情 我都不能去做
But there was a lot that I wanted to do that I couldn’t do.
我们在一起度过了的十年
As we moved through the decade that we spent together…
我变得更像一个女权主义者
I became more of a feminist.
所以 我的注意力越来越集中在
And so, my focus was more and more on…
关于妇女的权益上
on women’s empowerment.
但是 如果你的婚姻不行了 你很难成为一个完完全全的女权主义者
But it’s hard to be a complete feminist if you’re in a marriage that doesn’t quite work.
我的婚姻中没有一个是民♥主♥的
None of my marriages were democratic,
因为我一直在取悦别人
because I was too worried about pleasing.
为了让他们爱我 我必须活在一个特定的模样中
I had to be a certain way in order for them to love me.
我必须以特定的方式看待世界
I had to look a certain way,
和他们在一起的时候我扮演了不同的自我
and I looked different for all of them.
我想成为一个完整的人
I wanted to be living as a whole Jane,
完整且真实的简
fully realized Jane.
我希望泰德能理解我 因为
I hoped that Ted would feel okay about it, because…
我真的很爱他 我希望我们能永远在一起
I really loved him, and I was hoping that it would be forever.
但事实并非如此
But that’s not the way it played out.
当你和简分手的时候 这对你有什么影响?
When you and Jane parted, how did that affect you?
那时我
It was…
感觉非常困难 我
very difficult. I…
我以为那是
thought it was a…
一个错误
…a mistake.
我抗了下来 她也是
I’ve survived, and so has she.
但是 呃
But, uh…
我觉得和她在一起比我随后的生活要
I feel like I was happier when I was with her than…
快乐许多
subsequently.
当你活出你的自我
When you reside within your own skin,
你 你能感觉到
you… you can feel it.
你拥有
You’re holding…
完整的自我:
all of you:
你的愤怒
your anger,
你的好意
your kindness
你的判断
your judgmentalness.
构成你的一切
Everything that makes up what you are,
包括你可能比你嫁的那个男人更强壮更勇敢
including the fact that you may be stronger and braver than the man you’re married to.
当我对他说:“泰德 这是行不通的 ”
When the time came that I said to him, “Ted, this isn’t gonna work…
“除非有什么可以改变 ”
“unless there are changes,”
我们当时在一辆车里
we were in a car, and…
车里的气氛让人窒息 我知道
all the oxygen left the car, and I knew…
本不该这样的
it’s not gonna happen.
这太可怕了
It was awful.
还有
And…
我能听到一个声音说
I could hear a voice saying,
“哦 上帝 方达 来吧 他很英俊又可爱
“Oh God, Fonda, come on. He’s handsome, he’s cute,
“他很性感 你知道你再也不用工作了 ”
“he’s sexy. You know you never have to work again.
放轻松 来吧 ”
Lighten up. Come on.”
在这里 有一个温柔的小声音说
And over here, there was a softer little voice saying,
“如果你留下来”
“If you stay…
“你永远不会是真实的自己
“you will never… be authentic,
“你永远无法成为一个完整的人 ”
“you will never be able to be whole.”
第五幕
蒂娜 我想我的搅拌机烧坏了
Dina, I burnt out my blender.
在泰德·特纳之后 一切都是如此
After Ted Turner, everything was so…
安静
wildly quiet.
这可能是我一生中意义最深刻的转折点
It was probably the most profound turning point of my life.
我离开了这个人
I left this man…
我的一部分是如此的悲伤
and one part of me was so sad,
但我的其他部分说
and the other part of me said,
“我会没事的 ”
“I’m gonna be okay.
我不需要一个男人来让我好起来 ”
I don’t need a man to make me okay.”
就是这样 我再也没有回头
That… that was it, and I never went back.
问题是你不明白这个问题
The problem is you don’t understand the problem.
这不是个人问题
It’s not personal.
四十年来我一直是这样过来的 我不会再安于现状了
I’m still being treated the way I was for 40 years, and I’m not gonna settle anymore.
你难道看不出你有多无礼吗?
Can’t you see how disrespectful you were being?
我可能会 我会的 是的 我们已经谈过了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!