这是一种错误的做法
then that’s the wrong way to approach it.
因为 我不会屈服
Because, no.
我和汤姆目睹了这一切 这些运动意味着什么
I saw, with Tom, what it meant to build a movement,
组织又意味着什么
what organizing meant.
他意识到需要关注的是
He realized that what needed to be focused on
将权力从超级富豪和大公♥司♥手中转移
was moving power out of the hands of the super rich and the corporations,
到人♥民♥的手中 民♥主♥应该是这样的
into the hands of people, the way it should be in a democracy.
因此 经济民♥主♥运动才会发展
So, the Campaign for Economic Democracy evolved.
我们知道我们想在全国传播信息
We knew that we wanted to spread a message throughout the country.
这很困难 因为我们要筹集这么多的钱
It was difficult because we had to raise so much money,
这是在经济衰退时期
and it was during a recession.
所以汤姆和我讨论了这个问题我们想 “好吧 我们开始创业吧
So Tom and I talked about this and we thought, “Well, let’s start a business
这将为这项工作提供资金 ”
that will fund the work.”
我们谈到了“也许开一家餐馆?”
We talked about… “Maybe a restaurant.”
那将是一场灾难
That would have been a disaster.
然后我们想 “也许洗车不会赔很多 ”
Then we thought, “Maybe a car wash that doesn’t rip people off.”
好吧 你知道 我是说 我们毫无头绪
Well, that… You know, I mean, we had no idea.
然后有一天 我突然想
And then one day, I suddenly thought…
“健身
“The Workout.
如果有一件事我在行的 那就是健身 ”
If there’s one thing I understand, it’s working out.”
一架照相机
One camera.
没有提词器或类似的东西
There were no teleprompters or anything like that.
我把剧本写在酒店房♥间的地板上
I wrote the script sitting on a floor of a hotel room.
我们自己做了头发和化妆
We did our own hair and makeup.
我的意思是 当时只是不可想象的
I mean, it was a spit and a prayer.
剩下的就是历史了
And the rest is history.
那个视频一播出 几乎是在一夜之间
That video came out, and almost overnight
成为了历史上播放最多的家庭录像
became and remains the number one home video of all-time.
你准备好做锻炼了吗?
Are you ready to do the workout?
这个视频的所有者是经济民♥主♥运动
And it was owned by the Campaign for Economic Democracy.
组织拥有它 而不是我
The organization owned it, not me,
所有的利润都流向了组织
and all the profits went into the organization.
对 二 然后 二
Right, two. And back, two.
它售出了1700万册
It sold 17 million copies.
一个视频行业发展起来 因为每个人都想要
A video industry developed, because everyone wanted
买♥♥我的视频 一遍又一遍地看
to buy my video and use it over and over and over.
我是第一个非工程师
I’m the first non-engineer
进入名人堂的名人
to be inducted into the Video Hall of Fame.
你知道 他们称赞我建立了视频产业
You know, they credited me for building the video industry.
对我来说 这是一个非常有趣的时刻
It was a pretty interesting time for me
因为人们以一种完全不同的方式重新认识我
because people recognized me in a whole different way.
女人会走过来对我说 你知道 “我不再需要安♥眠♥药♥了 ”
Women would come up to me and say, you know, “I don’t need sleeping pills anymore.”
另一个人会说她不同的感受 她觉得自己更强壮了
Another one would talk about how she felt different, she felt stronger.
有趣的是 当我想到这一点的时候 我知道我做了正确的事
It’s funny, when I thought about it, that was true for me.
你知道 我长♥期♥以来一直饱受饮食失调之苦
You know, I had suffered from an eating disorder for a long time.
没有人知道 关于暴食症
Nobody knew. You know, one of the things about bulimia
这是一种不被接受的疾病
is that it’s a… it’s a disease of denial.
你知道 它可以找很多的借口
You know, it takes a lot of subterfuge.
你很累 你很生气
You’re very tired, and you’re very angry,
你自我厌恶
and you’re very self-hating.
我意识到
And I realized,
我要去一个非常黑暗的地方
I’m heading into a really dark place,
我必须要去光明的地方
and I’m… I either am gonna head to the light
否则我就会屈从于黑暗
or I’m gonna succumb to the dark,
这是生死之事
and it’s a life or death thing.
我戒毒了
I went cold turkey.
真的 真的很难
It was really, really hard.
在某种程度上 控制住我的身体
There was something about taking control of my body, in that way,
这让我克服了毒瘾
that got me over the addiction.
它改变了我对自己的看法
It changed my perception of myself.
我想是托马斯杰斐逊说的
I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said,
“革命始于肌肉 ”
“Revolution begins in the muscles.”
这对我来说是一场革命
And it was a revolution for me,
但这完全是无意的
but it was completely unintentional,
你知道 我本来是为这个组织筹集资金的
you know, I did the workout to fund the organization.
这是为了汤姆
It was for Tom.
他们组成了一个政♥治♥团队
They formed a team around politics,
为了孩子们服务
and around the children.
但是她没有那么多的自信
But she didn’t have as much confidence
我认为她在那些日子里…….
as I think she should’ve in those days,
汤姆是如此的引人注目 以至于他是一个很难与之争论的人
And Tom is so compelling that he’s a hard force to argue with.
你知道 他被认为是知识分子
You know, here is a man who was considered an intellectual,
他被认为是运动中的明星
he was considered a star in the movement,
他写了 我不记得他写了多少书
and he’d written… I don’t remember how many books he’d written.
然后我写了简方达的锻炼手册
And then I write Jane Fonda’s Workout Book,
它在纽♥约♥时♥报♥上连续两年成为销量第一名
and it becomes the number one on the New York Times for two years.
整整两年
Two solid years.
锻炼手册?
The Workout Book ?
我的意思是 如果我是他 我会有一定程度的嫉妒
I mean, if I was him, I would have had a certain degree of resentment.
他认为我是肤浅的
He thought I was superficial.
我不够聪明
That I wasn’t smart enough.
但是我自己制♥作♥的电影
But I was producing my own movies,
那种能反映一些道理的电影
the kind of movies that say the things that I think need saying.
你好 我是金佰利·威尔斯
Hello, this is Kimberly Wells,
我在文塔纳核电站
and I’m here at the Ventana Nuclear Power Plant,
由加州燃气公♥司♥拥有并经营
owned and operated by California Gas & Electric.
《中国综合症》就是这样的故事
China Syndrome was the story
在一个核电站的掩盖下
of a cover-up at a nuclear power plant.
这是杰克·戈德尔 我们的情况很严重
This is Jack Godell. We have a serious condition.
你让每个人都进入安全区域 确保他们呆在那里
You get everybody into safety areas and make sure that they stay there.
隔离辐射
Radiation in containment!
我们受到了很大的打击
We were very much attacked for,
为了制♥作♥它 这部电影
for making it, the movie.
但后来 电影上映了 两周后 三里岛事件发生了
But then, the movie came out and two weeks later, Three Mile Island happened.
所有孕妇和学龄前儿童
All pregnant women and preschool children
应该从5英里半径内撤离
should evacuate out of a five-mile radius…
《中国综合症》给了简方达一个新的地位
The China Syndrome has given Jane Fonda a new standing
在美国社会中
in American society.
她现在是自己的女英雄
She’s now a heroine in her own right.
她是核浩劫的“凶事预言家”
She’s the Cassandra of the Nuclear Holocaust.
令人震惊的是这个地区的人们
It’s shocking that people from this area
不得不去看《中国综合症》
had to go to see The China Syndrome
为了了解他们当时的遭遇
in order to try to understand what was happening to them.
简总是有一种冲动 想要去探究事物的核心
Jane has always had an impulse to go right for the heart of things.
我们的做法和事情的发展导向是一致的
We were aligned in the same way that things were not right.
问题是我们要怎么做
The question was how we were gonna go about it,
我觉得 如果我说出来
and I felt, if I spoke out,
会遭到很多怨恨
that there would be a lot of resentment.
这并不意味着你不能那样做 这就是简所做的选择
That didn’t mean you couldn’t do it that way, and that’s the choice that Jane made.
她有很大的力量和心劲去完成一件事
And it had a lot of strength and a lot of power to it.
她树敌不少 但这是会发生的
She made a lot of enemies, but that’s gonna happen
当你站在国家舞台上讲话时
when you step up and speak on the national stage.
我欣赏她的是她做了 她没有回头
What I admire about her is that she did it and she didn’t look back,
她没有改变她的语气和声音
she didn’t change her tone or her voice.
她说 “这就是我所相信的
She said, “This is what I believe,
“这就是我的感受 这就是我要说的 ”
“this is what I feel, and this is what I’m gonna say.”
【朝九晚五】1980年
四千万名女性在办公室工作
Forty million women work in offices,
历史上第一次 他们开始组织起来
and for the first time in history, they’re beginning to organize,
他们开始说 “我们值得尊重 我们应该得到同工同酬 ”
they’re beginning to say, “We deserve respect, we deserve equal pay for equal work.”
简总是在寻找
Jane is always looking for
当前最重要的问题是什么
what’s the most important current issue to deal with,
《朝九晚五》是她的发明
and 9 to 5 was her invention.
她决定拍一部关于朝九晚五的女人的电影
She decided to do a movie about the 9-to-5 women.
好吧 看 难道我们就不能聚在一起 抱怨吗?
Well, look, couldn’t we just all get together and… and complain?
向谁抱怨?
Complain to who?
让我们面对现实吧 我们在一个粉红色的贫民窟里
Let’s face it, we are in a pink-collared ghetto.
再喝一杯吧
Let’s have another drink.
我们都知道我们在做一些重要的事情
We all knew we were doing something that was important
为了女性办公室职员
for women office workers,
因为我们顾及了所有的问题:

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!