尼克松:
简·方达
世上有很多关于简·方达的故事
我很同情方达 是个黑户口
她是一位伟大的女演员
她聪明伶俐 但是 孩子 她…
经常在错误的轨道上
HBO纪录片
今晚 力士邀请了如今好莱坞最炙手可热的新星
Tonight, Lux is visiting one of Hollywood’s most exciting new stars,
简·方达
Jane Fonda.
简一直在用力士 用了多久 简?
Jane’s been using Lux… How long, Jane?
自从我在夏令剧目中第一次参演的角色时
Ever since my first roles in summer stock,
那时我意识到作为一个明星必须要有
I could see that a star just had to have
一个非常好的气色
a really lovely complexion.
画面经过处理呈现
让我来猜一猜
Might I assume that
您应当是一位非常可人的女士?
you are a, uh, very lovely lady?
你猜对了
That you may.
那么 你愿意加入我们的事业吗?
Well, will you join our cause?
什么事业?你们是谁?
What cause? Who are you?
你鄙视以前的你吗?
你为你以前的所作所为感到羞耻吗?
是的
戴头盔的女人是演员简·方达 女演员
The woman in the helmet is Jane Fonda, the actress.
演员简·方达今天
Actress Jane Fonda was arrested
在克利弗兰的机场被捕
today at the airport in Cleveland.
美国司法部表示 他们正在决判
The Justice Department said it is attempting to determine
方达是否违反法律规定
whether Ms. Fonda had violated
犯有煽动叛乱、叛国或违反其他相关法律法规
sedition, treason or other statutes.
任何健康的国家就如同任何健康的个体
Any healthy country, like any healthy individual,
应该保留有随时革命的权利
should be in perpetual revolution,
必要的时候随时做出改变
perpetual change.
你现今能是最受舆♥论♥指向的名人
You just may be the most talked about personality
在全国范围内
in the country today.
有很多 呃 带有敌意言论攻击
There’s a lot of, uh, hostility towards you.
啊 获胜者是参演《回家》的简·方达
Ah! The winner is Jane Fonda in Coming Home.
今晚我的第一个客人是一个我非常欣赏的女孩
My first guest tonight is a gal that I admire highly.
有趣的是她当时被人们称为激进分子
Funny thing how people who were called radicals at the time
现在却被认为她的行为是正确的
now are considered right-on.
你必须有勇气开口讲出来
You have to have the courage to speak
那些需要做出的改变
about the changes that are needed
同时也包含了挑战 从根本上说
and it includes challenging, at the root,
企业霸权已经接管了这个国家的经济运转
the corporate power that has taken over the economy of this country.
你完成了转型而且和一个亿万富翁完婚
You turn around and marry a billionaire.
你如何从一个角色到另一个
How do you go from one to the other
而不是在某一个角色中迷失?
without completely losing yourself somewhere in there?
片名:简.方达的五幕戏
加利福尼亚州 贝弗利山庄
哦 疼
Ow!
对不起
Sorry.
喝酒还是不喝酒
To drink or not to drink.
我想我还是要喝酒
I think I’ll drink.
问题是他们只供应葡萄酒
The problem is they only serve wine.
哦 真的吗?他们没有…他们不喝香槟吗?
Oh, really? They’re not doing… They don’t do champagne?
我不喝香槟 我也不喝葡萄酒 我喝伏特加
I-I don’t drink champagne. I don’t drink wine. I drink vodka.
好吧 也许他们有…
Well, maybe they can…
我得去贿赂别人
I’ll have to bribe somebody.
你知道我曾两次获得奥斯卡奖
You know the two times that I won an Oscar,
都是我自己做的头发化的妆
I did my own hair and makeup.
你在开玩笑吧?
You’re kidding?
当我拿起为我爸爸得的小金人的时候
When I picked up the Oscar for my dad…
看起来林德伯格绑♥架♥案的婴儿就藏在我的头发里
it looked like the Lindbergh baby was hidden in my hair.
就是那款发型
It’s, it’s that hair there.
我的意思是 那是80年代 公平地讲已经很不错了
I mean, it was the ’80s, just to be fair to myself.
好的 方达 振作点
Okay, Fonda, keep your chin up.
是简·方达
It’s Jane Fonda!
方达女士 那
Ms. Fonda, that…
这儿 能不能往这个方向微笑一下?
Yeah, could we have one smile this way?
笑一下?谢谢
One smile? Thank you.
-名利场杂♥志♥出版了吗?-是的
– Has Vanity Fair been published? – Yes.
-这个月的?-是的 我在封面上
-Just this month? -Yes, and I’m on the cover.
哦 是的 当然我不会在封面上的
Aw. Yeah, I wouldn’t get on the cover.
我从没想过 我从来没有想过我会上
I never thought… I’d never have thought that I would ever…
她们是好莱坞人吗?是吗?
Were they Hollywood women? Is that it?
-这是被称为女人天下的一年-是西尔莎吗?
-It was called the Year of the Woman… -Was it Saoirse?
-甚至都不是来自好莱坞 -确实是的
-Not even from Hollywood. -It was.
爱尔兰人
Irish.
-布丽·拉尔森?-是的
-Brie Larson? -Yeah.
哦 老样子 海伦米伦?
Oh, same old… Helen Mirren?
是的
Yes.
-他们把我踢出去了 然后把你放进进去 -是的 他们是这么做的
-They took me out and put you in. -Yeah, they did.
他们把我赶了出去
They aced me out.
-把21岁的西尔莎–这是你的错
– It went from 21-year-old Saoirse… – This is your fault.
替换下78岁的我
…to 78-year-old me.
是的
Yeah.
好吧 这没什么大不了的
Well, that’s no big deal.
在经历了53年的友谊和11部电影之后
After 53 years of friendship and 11 films together,
你不会觉得我会在给你胡扯了 是吧?
you don’t think I’m gonna start to bullshit you now, do you?
-你们这些人?-不 我不的
-You of all people? -No, I don’t!
我不配那样想
I wouldn’t deserve that.
没错 你不配那样做
That’s right. You don’t deserve it.
我对你一定会直言不讳
You deserve me to call a spade a spade,
这就是为什么我动身从洛杉矶到这儿来
which is why I dragged my ass here from LA.
听着 布兰达 如果是关于第21幕的
Look, Brenda, if it’s about scene 21,
你被描述为”丑陋”
where you’re described as “ugly,”
“虚弱的 ”呃还有 “你从前美丽的苍白影子 ”
“feeble,” uh, “a pale shadow of your former beauty.”
拜托 想想吧 这只是诗性许可
Please, realize that’s just poetic license.
你仍然风韵犹存
You still preserve intact.
你也必须这样
You have to.
当你第一次成为女主角时 那种神秘和那种诱惑力
That mystery, that allure you had when you first became a diva.
当你还是小女孩的时候
When you were little lady Jane Fonda,
那个在虎尾草路上长大的小女孩
up on Tigertail Road…
你梦想过成为一名演员吗?你想成为演员吗?
did you dream about being an actress? Did you wanna be?
我想当演员吗?不 直到我20多岁的时候
Did I want to be an actress? No, not until I was, uh, well into my 20s.
-我都没有 嗯 -真的吗?因为你是
-I-I didn’t, um… -Really? ‘Cause you were so…
-我想如果你是在这个行业里长大的 -嗯哼
-I think when you grow up in the industry… -Mm-hmm.
你就会发现 呃 人们是怎么
…and you see, uh, what the people are
-隐藏在他们的面具之下 -嗯哼
-really like behind their masks… -Mm-hm.
你知道 你就不太会被鼓舞到 就不会去当演员
…you know, you’re not too encouraged to become an actor.
第一幕
林肯迪尔先生年轻时 约翰福特 1939年
我在国家纪念碑
I grew up in the shadow
的影子下长大
of a national monument.
等一下 伙计 你刚做了件大蠢事
Wait a minute, buddy. You just done some jackassin’.
你现在就不能闭嘴吗
You can’t shut up now.
传♥单♥上说他们需要800名采摘工
The handbill said they need 800 pickers,
你笑着说他们不笑要
you laugh and say they don’t.
所以是谁在说谎?
Which one’s the liar?
我的父亲 他的价值观
My dad, his values,
你知道 就是那种坚定的美国人
you know, solid American…
美国中西部的价值观:
Midwestern values:
公平 平等 公正
fairness, equality, justice.
为弱者挺身而出 这就是他迷人的原因
Stand up for the underdog, and that’s why he gravitated
正适合《愤怒的葡萄中》 像汤姆乔德这样的人物
to characters like Tom Joad in Grapes of Wrath,
还有《黄牛惨案》中 那些关于私刑和种族主义的
and The Ox-Bow Incident, which was about a lynching and racism.
《十二个怒汉》 我是说
12 Angry Men , I mean,
虽然他没说过 但我知道这些电影
without him ever saying so, I knew that these movies
都表述了那些他永远不会说出的话
expressed what he could never say verbally.
他是美国的脸面
He was the face of the America that…
人们愿意相信他
people wanted to believe in.
我是亨利·方达的女儿 所以就理所当然的意味着
I was Henry Fonda’s daughter, which, of course, meant
我应当很有礼貌 我很好
that I was polite, I was nice…
我是邻家女孩
…I was the girl next door.
那些所有我并感觉不到实质的特质
All the things that I didn’t feel I was.
我不喜欢我的身体 我不喜欢自己 我
I didn’t like my body. I didn’t like myself. I…
我感到羞耻
I felt shy.
我们看起来像美国梦
We looked like the American Dream.
富有 美丽
Rich, beautiful,