I will die.
我要死了
St. John?
圣约翰
I found her at the door.
她倒在门口
She’s white as death.
面如死灰
Hannah, some of that hot milk.
汉娜 拿点热牛奶来
St. John, we would have stumbled upon her corpse in the morning.
圣约翰 她今晚就会死在这的
And she would have haunted us for turning her away.
我们还得费劲把她和她的冤魂弄走
She’s no vagrant. I’m sure of it.
她不是什么乞丐 我很确定
There’s milk for you.
这是您要的牛奶
Here.
喝吧
Ask her her name.
问问她的名字
What’s your name?
你叫什么
Jane Eyre.
简·爱
Tell us how we may help you.
我们能帮你点什么
Your name?
你叫什么
Where are you?
你在哪呢
Must hide…
必需躲起来
St. John, we must get her warm.
圣约翰 我们得让她暖和起来
Let us take her upstairs.
把她抬上楼
Will she die?
她会死吗
Where are you, rat?
你在哪 小毛贼
I know you’re here.
我知道你在这里
If you crawl out and say,
如果你伏在我脚下对我说
“Forgive me, Master Reed,”
原谅我 里德大人
I might consider it.
我可以考虑原谅你
Mama. John.
妈妈 约翰
There you are.
找到你了
That book belongs to me, rat.
这本书是我的 小偷
It belongs to my Uncle Reed.
是里德舅舅的
Spoilt, miserable brat!
你这被宠坏的小屁孩
Mama! For shame!
妈妈 真不要脸
Mama!
妈妈
You wretched imp!
你这无♥耻♥的孩子
She attacked me.
她打我
I hate you, John Reed! I hate you!
我恨你 约翰·里德 我恨你
Hilary, take her! Take her!
希拉里 拉住她 拉住她
Lock her in the red room.
把她锁到小红屋里
No!
不要
Please, please! No, it’s haunted. Please. It’s haunted! No!
求你们了 不要 那屋有鬼 求你们
Please! Please!
求你们了
If you don’t sit still, you will be tied down!
你要是不安静点坐着 就得把你捆上
What we do is for your own good.
我们是为了你好
Pray for forgiveness, Miss Eyre,
祈求宽恕吧 爱小姐
or something bad will come down that chimney and fetch you away.
要不烟囱里会有东西爬进来把你带走
Let me out, please! Have mercy,
让我出去 求你了 仁慈点
Aunt Reed! Please!
里德舅妈 求你了
Do you know, Jane Eyre, where the wicked go after death?
简·爱 你知道坏人死后会去哪里吗
They go to hell.
去地狱
And what is hell?
地狱是什么
A pit full of fire.
一个大火炕
Should you like to fall into this pit
你愿意掉进这个火坑
and be burned there forever?
并且永受火的煎熬吗
No, sir.
不愿意 先生
How might you avoid it?
怎样才能不去
I must keep in good health and not die.
保持健康 争取不死
What is her parentage?
她出身如何
She’s an orphan.
她是个孤儿
Her mother was my husband’s sister.
她妈妈是我亡夫的妹妹
On his deathbed he exhorted me to care for her.
我丈夫去世时交待我照顾她
I have always treated her as one of my own.
我一直将她视为己出
If you accept her at Lowood School,
如果您批准她进入洛伍德学校
Mr. Brocklehurst,
布洛克尔赫斯特先生
keep a strict eye on her.
请严厉管教她
She has a heart of spite,
她满心怨恨
and I’m sorry to say that her worst fault is that of deceit.
很惭愧的是 她最大的缺点是撒谎
You can rest assured
请您放心
that we shall root out the wickedness
我们会将这些不道德的行为
in this small, ungrateful plant.
从这棵不领情的小树苗心中连根拔出
And as for its vacations,
至于假期
it must spend them all at Lowood.
也希望她能在洛伍德渡过
You may leave.
你走吧
You said I was a liar. I’m not.
你说我是骗子 我才不是
If I were, I should say I loved you,
我要是爱说谎 我会说我爱死你了
and I don’t.
但我不会那么说的
I dislike you worse than anybody in the world.
你是这世上我最不喜欢的人
People think you are good,
别人觉得你很好
but you’re bad and hard-hearted.
其实你很坏 铁石心肠
I’ll let everyone know what you have done.
我会让所有人知道你都做过些什么
Children must be corrected for their faults.
小孩必须纠正缺点
Deceit is not my fault.
说谎可不是我的缺点
But you are passionate.
但你易怒
My Uncle Reed is in heaven, so are my mother and father.
里德舅舅在天堂 我父母也在那里
They know how you hate me and wish me dead. They can see.
他们知道你恨我 想让我死 他们看着呢
They see everything you do and they will judge you, Mrs. Reed.
他们看着你 终将会审判你的 里德太太
Get out.
出去
Next. Show me your hands.
下一个 手伸出来
Stop there.
站住
Very grand.
很好
Next.
下一个
Step out of your fine dress.
抬抬脚
Stay there.
待在这儿
Show me your hands.
手伸出来
My name is Jane Elliott.
我叫简·艾略特
Who can we send for to help you?
有可以帮你的人吗 我们可以去找
No one.
没有
I mustn’t ever be found.
千万不能有人找到我
Join me to Thyself
包容我吧
with an inseparable band of love.
用您广阔无边的爱
For Thou, even Thou alone,
因为 即使您孤身一人
dost satisfy him that loveth Thee.
爱您也可使他信服
And without Thee, all things are vain and empty.
若无您相伴 万事皆空
Amen.
阿门
Amen.
阿门
It’s wonderful to see you up, Miss Elliott.
您能恢复真是太好了 艾略特小姐
Last week we thought we’d be escorting your remains
就在上周 我们还以为要把您埋葬
to an unmarked grave.
连墓碑上刻些什么都不知道
She read The Bride of Lindorf
她在读《林道夫的新娘》
and suddenly it’s all woebegone maidens and dramatic deaths.
里面全是怨妇和戏剧性的死亡
I’m sorry to have caused so much trouble.
真抱歉添麻烦了
Nonsense.
哪有
You’re the most exciting thing that’s happened here
自从圣约翰在巴比伦庄园布道以来
since St. John’s sermon on the fall of Babylon.
你的出现是这里最激动人心的事情了
I hope I’ll not be eating long at your expense, Mr. Rivers.
希望我没给您带来太多开销 李维斯先生
Then tell me where to place you.
那请告诉我把你送到哪去
Show me where to seek work, that is all I ask.
您只需告诉我到哪里可以找到工作就行
You’re not fit enough to work. Is she, Di?
您的身体能工作了吗 她行吗 戴安娜
No. Stay with us.
还不行 留下吧
You return to your posts at the end of the month.
你月底再去工作吧
What must Miss Elliott do then?
那样的话艾略特小姐去哪里呢
I’ll endeavor to help you,
我会尽力帮助你
if that’s what you wish.
如果你希望那样的话
With all my heart, sir.
我是发自内心的 先生
This school you were at, Miss Elliott,
艾略特小姐 你读过的这所学校
this charitable institution,
这所慈善教育机构
what did it prepare you for?
都教你什么了
Was it a thorough education?
教得够深入彻底吗
Most thorough.
非常深入彻底
A little wit…
一个小智慧…
A little wit…
一个小智慧…
…will serve…
…必侍奉…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!