我愿意
Yes.
我愿意
Yes.
我愿意
Yes.
我真不知该对你说什么好
I hardly know what to say to you — I —
我太吃惊了
I’m so astonished.
我也觉得自己正在做梦
I feel I must have been dreamin’
刚才Rochester先生进来 对我说
I thought Mr. Rochester came in here
在一个月之后
and said that in a month’s time
你就将会成为他的夫人了
you were to be his wife.
他对我说了相同的话
He said the same to me.
你清楚我有多么喜欢你 可是 Jane
You know how much I like you Jane, but
你过于年轻了
You are so young..
也不熟悉男人
And little acquainted with men.
我也发现Rochester先生一直很喜欢你
I have noticed, uh, Mr. Rochester’ s growing fondness for you..
而我不下百次的在想
And I had wanted , so many times
为了你自己
For your sake,
你得筑起围墙
To put you on your guard.
为什么?
why?
有句老话说
There is an old saying
闪光的并不都是金子
“all is not gold that glitters.”
而此时此刻 我觉得
And in this case , I fear
有点不对劲 恐怕
Something different.. May be found
你我的理解大相径庭
From what you or I expect.
难道Rochester先生
Is it impossible that Mr. Rochester
就不可能真心真意爱我吗?
should have a sincere affection for me?
噢不
Oh, no, no, no, no
我不是这个意思 亲爱的
it is not that, my DEAr. It’s
他是高傲的人
He is a proud man.
Rochester家族都很高傲
All the Rochesters were proud.
这样地位的绅士
And gentlemen in his station
不应该娶他们的家庭教师
are not accustomed to marrying their governesses.
现在
Now, then
我们穿上披肩吧
Let’s try the cape on, shall we?
转过来 亲爱的
There. Turn around.
转过来 亲爱的
Turn around, dear.
啊!太漂亮了!
Oh, you look beautiful!
你去过教堂没有了?去过了 先生 牧师也快到了
Have you been to the chapel? Yes, sir. The parson just arrived.
马车呢?
Carriage?
马匹都已经系好了
And the horses have all been harnessed.
婚礼一完我们就会离开庄园
I want to leave here the moment the ceremony is over.
没有问题 先生
Yes, sir.
我在这
Yes, I’m here.
有遗憾吗?
Any regrets?
可惜Adele上学了
Only that Adele is away at school.
她看见我穿这身婚纱该有多高兴
She would have loved to see me in this dress.
到时画张油画寄给她
I will have a portrait painted and sent to her.
现在的样子 沐浴在月色之下
Like this, with the morning light upon you
在上帝旨意下我们相聚一起
We are gathered together here in the sight of God
一同见证我身前这对男女
to join together this man and this woman
神圣的婚姻
in holy matrimony.
在上帝的酌合之下
So many as are coupled together,
你们日后就是结发夫妇
otherwise than God’s word doth allow,
上帝允许这段姻缘
and are joined together by God, neither —
婚礼不能进行
the marriage cannot go on.
我宣布婚姻存在着障碍
I declare an impediment.
继续下去
Continue, sir.
我不能这样做
I cannot.
究竟有什么障碍呢?
What — what is the nature of this impediment?
Rochester先生是已婚的男人
Mr. Rochester Is a married man.
你是谁?
Who are you?
我是Briggs
My name is Briggs.
是个律师
I am a lawyer.
我有责任维护你妻子的权利
I was engaged to look after the interests of your wife.
我没有妻子!
There is no wife
经过证实 我宣布 1826年10月20日
I affirm and can prove that on the 20th day of October, 1829,
Thornfield庄园的Edward Fairfax Rochester
Edward Fairfax Rochester of Thornfield hall
已与我妹Bertha Antoinetta定下婚姻
was married to my sister, Bertha Antoinetta.
我现在正手持这份婚礼证明
A copy of the wedding certificate is now in my possession.
署名 Richard Mason
Signed “Richard Mason.”
那可以证明我结过婚
That may prove that I have been marriEd.
但并不证明那女人还在世上
It does not prove that the woman is still living.
三个月前这位女士仍活在世上
she was living three months ago.
我有证人
I have a witness to the fact.
那叫他出来 混♥蛋♥!
Then produce him, damn you
先生 千万记住你现在身处神圣的地方
sir, do not forget that you are in a sacred place.
以上帝的名义 请上前对质 先生
Have the goodness to step forward, sir.
合上你的书吧
Close your book.
婚礼中止了
There will be no wedding.
这两个男人所说的句句属实
What these men say is true.
我没错有妻子
I have been married.
而她也的确仍然活着
And the woman to whom I was married lives still.
大家都回庄园
Come to the house, all of you.
来会一会Grace Poole的病人
Come meet Grace Poole.’s patient —
我的结发妻子!
my Wife!
站一边去 Grace
Stay out of the way, Grace.
先生小心
Grace: Be careful, sir.
她现在有点焦糟
She’s a bit snappish.
她看见你了先生 你最好别呆在这里吧
She’s seen you, sir. You’d better not stay.
我们最好走吧 – 你留下!
We’d better leave. – You stay here!
这就是我的妻子
This is my wife
你的妹妹 Mason
Your sister, Mason.
看看她 她是疯子!
Look at her! She is mad
她的母亲也是
So was her mother
外祖母同样是
So was her grandmother.
三代都是疯子 事先没人对我说过吧?Mason
Three generations of violent lunacy — I wasn’t told about that, was I, Mason?!
我只被告诉说
All I was told about
我父亲为我安排了门当户对的亲事
was that my father had made a suitable match,
家道中落的我们靠上摇钱树
one that would prop up his dwindling fortune,
而你们则世袭了Rochester的姓氏
and one that would give your family the Rochester name!
我任由摆布!
I Did what I was told!
而Bertha这个女人
And Bertha
婚礼前我一直没法见到
Was kept away from me until the wedding.
多明知的交易啊
It was cleverly done.
你们各取所好
Everyone got what they wanted
除了我
Except me.
甚至她呆在我这里
Even She is better off here
比起以往所住的疯人窟还有天壤之别呢
than she would be in a lunatic asylum,
但我过去15年则饱受折磨!
Butihave spent the last 15 years in torment
她 才是我想要的
and this is what I —
她 才是我想要的
what I wished to have
站在这里这位年轻的姑娘 恬静端庄
This young girl who stands so grave and quie t at the mouth of hell.
直言不畏
Look at the difference.
那就审判我吧
Then judge me.
你这原则的神父 法律的权威代表
Priest of the gospel and man of the law
只要记得 你用什么标准判我
And, remember, with what judgment ye judge, ye —
跟我逃走 快
Off with you, now.
都出去!
Grace: Will you all get out of here?!
快拿走!
Will you get out of here?!
房♥子里一团糟 都出去!
There’s madness here, madness in this house. Will you all get out?!
我爱你
I love you.
对我说我爱你
Say you love me.
我一直爱着你
I love you more than EveR,
然而这回是我最后一次如此对你说的了
But this is the last t ime I shall ever say It.
我要离开你
I must leave you
你不能离开我 Jane!
Don’t leave me, Jane!
马!
The horse!
Rochester先生!
Mr. Rochester!
Rochester先生!
Mr. Rochester!
房♥子!先生!
The house, sir!
不!
Ahhhhh!