已经再没有什么可怕的了
There’s nothing more to fear.
那么 晚安 先生
Good night, then , sir.
什么?
What?
你要我离开吗?
Are you leaving me?
是你要我走的
You told me to go.
我也并非如此冷漠无情的
Well, not in that brief, dry fashion.
至少要在你离开之前 握手道谢
Not without…taking leave. At least…shake hands.
玫瑰上有刺
The roses had Thorns.
你救了我一命
You have saved my life.
我欠你了
I am in your debt.
你没有欠我什么 没有欠我任何人情
There is no debt . No obligation.
我知道有一天你会为我做点什么
I knew you would do me good in some way, at some time.
我第一眼看见你的时候就知道了
I saw it in your eyes when I first beheld you.
我很高兴我现在清醒着
I’m glad I happene d to be awake.
怎么样?你在颤抖
What’s the matter? You’re shivering.
我冷
I’m cold.
冷
Cold.
你冷?
You’re cold?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
上♥床♥睡吧 Jane
Go, then, Jane.
晚安
Go back to bed.
那样也叫干净?
You’ve got all that clean?
看来我们得好好谈谈了 小姐
You and I are going to have words, lass.
你下楼后来找我
I’m gonna talk to you downstairs.
啊!早上好Eyre小姐
Oh! Good morning, Miss Eyre.
发生什么事?
What happened here
主人昨晚在床上看书
the master was reading in bed last night.
他睡着时蜡烛点着了被帘
He fell asleep with a candle lit, and the curtains got on fire.
幸好他及时惊醒扑灭了火势
Luckily, he woke up in time to put the flames out.
给!挂起来
Here you are. Hang them up.
没人听到动静吗?
Did nobody hearanything?
没有人醒来吗?
Did nobody wake up
你听到什么声响了吗?
perhaps you heard something?
没错 Grace 我听到了
Yes, Grace. I did.
我听到有人在笑
I heard someone laughing.
要是我
if I were you, Miss,
我会学会紧锁房♥门的好习惯
I’d get into the habit of bolting my door when I went to bed at night.
还有一张
Mrs. Fairfax: That’s right here.
这一张
That’s one and two
早上好
Good morning.
噢 Eyre小姐
Oh, Miss Eyre.
我想你听说主人的意外了吧
I suppose you’ve heard about the master’s accident?
上天保佑他没被烧伤
It’s a mercy he wasn’t burned in his bed.
他没事吧?
Is he all right?
没有大碍
Yeah, well enough
他日出就起床 早饭没吃就出门了
To up with the sun and gone before breakfast.
出门了?去哪里了?
Gone? Gone where
Ingram殿下府上 在Malcott的另一边
to lord Ingram’s, the other side of millcote.
我猜那里举♥行♥隆重的宴会罢了
I gather there’s quite a party assembled there.Pillows.
你想他今晚会回来吗?
Do you expect him back tonight?
啊 不会了吧明晚也不会了
No, nor tomorrow night either.
他们这些上流人物一旦聚到一起 就不会急着分开的了
When these fashionable people get together, they’re in no hurry to part.
他们也许要去伦敦或是到欧洲大♥陆♥
they may decide to go to London or the continent
Rochester先生很可能又有一年不回Thornfield了
Mr. Rochester may not be back at Thornfieldor for another year.
先生他很钟爱舞会上的女士们
He’s quite a favorite with the ladies in the party.
Blanche小姐已经追求先生好几年了
That Miss blanche has been setting her cap at him for years.
Blanche小姐?
Miss Blanche?
她是Ingram殿下的千金 郡中第一美人
Lord Ingram’s daughter. Prettiest girl in the county.
的确是啊
Indeed she is
主人喜欢她对吗?
Does the master like her?
对啊
Oh, yes.
在她身边是先生就判若两人了
Yes, he’s a different man when he’s with her.
前所未有地充满快乐 生气勃勃
M. So merry and livel y, you wouldn’t know hi
啊 Leah
come, Leah. Oh, Leah.
你是多么天真
You’re a fool.
过来帮我掀起桌布一下
Come on, I’ll help you with this sheet.
快点 他们马上到了
Hurry quickly! They’ll be coming soon!
你拿这些
You take those
你干这个
and you do that!
来这边James
Oh, come along, James,
赶紧布置好餐厅
please do hurry and take them to the dining room.
好的 夫人
Yes, ma’am
好的 我来折
Right. I’ll fold.
从我这角到你那个角
From my corner to your corner.
Fairfax太太我们可以养青蛙吗?
Mrs. Fairfax, Have you something we can keep a frog in?
什么? – 青蛙?
A what? – A frog!
亲爱的 我们现在没时间谈青蛙的事
Oh — I — Adele , I have no time for frogs
Rochester先生随时都会驾到
Mr. Rochester may be h ere any minute,
他会带着Ingram殿下的亲朋好友一道同来
and all of lord Ingram’s fine friends with him.
我从来都未曾碰上这么大♥麻♥烦
He’s never done this to me before.
先生小姐们都带齐了他们自己的佣人
All the ladies will bring their maids, and all the gentlemen, their valets.
过去他在Thornfield闲不下脚
In the past, he — he couldn’t wait to leave Thornfield.
这次他好像决定了把整个庄园填满宾客
Now, he seems determined to fill the house with guests.
他们来了!
They’re coming!
什么 – 他们来了!
What? – They’re coming!
慢点儿 慢点儿!
Carefully, carefully!
小姐
Oh,mademoiselle!
漂亮的女士们来了
The beautiful ladies are coming here!
她们是Ingram夫人和Eshton夫人
That’s Lady Ingram. And Lady Eshton.
对了 还有Lynn夫人
Yes, and Lady Lynn.
当然了
Thank you. Thank you.
当然了 那位就是Blanche小姐
Thank you. And that, of course
这边请 – 谢谢你
Is Miss Blanche.
你想Rochester先生爱上Ingram小姐了吗?
Adele: Do you think Mr. Rochester is in love with Miss Ingram?
你是不应该问这些问题的 知道吗?
You shouldn’t ask such a question.
为什么不能问?
Why not?
因为不关我们的事
Because it’s none of our affair.
他们结婚后那就是我的事了
D. It would be my aff air if they got marrie
Adele 别谈这些了
Adele, stop this conversation.
做作业吧
Go back to your work.
但愿先生千万别娶她
I hope he doesn’t marry her
我听到她的女仆告诉Leah说那女人只对先生的钱感兴趣
I heard a maid telling Leah that she’s only interested in his money.
那女仆说先生已经从牙买♥♥加拿了一大把钱回来了
The maid said he brought back a fortune from Jamaica.
Eyre小姐
Mrs. Fairfax: Miss Eyre?
Rochester先生想你带Adele一起出席舞会
Mr. Rochester wants you to bring Adele to the party
他还想你们一直呆到Adele睡觉前
a-and he wants both of you to stay until it is her bedtime.
我认为他并不想我留在那里
Surely, he doesn’t want me to stay?
啊 是吗
O-oh, yes.
要是她不愿意去的话
yes, “if she objects
就对她说是我特邀她出席的
tell her it is my particular wish
先生是这样说的
Those were his very words
他们舞姿多么优美
They’re dancing. Isn’t it charming?
夫人 晚上好
Good evening, ladies.
晚上好
Good evening.
多标致的小人儿啊
What a little puppet
她肯定就是Rochester先生的养女了
that must be Mr. Rochester’s ward —
那个常挂在嘴边的法国小女孩
the little French girl he was speaking of!
孩子 你叫什么?Adele 夫人
What’s your name, child? Adele, madame.
太可爱 太动人了!
So pretty. So charming!
Edward 我想你并不喜欢孩子吧
I thought you were not fond of children?
我也这样想
Nor am I.
那么什么原因说服你接管这小丫头的呢?
So what persuaded you to take charge of this little creature?
在哪里领养她的?
Where did you pick her up?
我没有领养她 她是交到我手上的
I did not pick her up. She was left on my hands
你应该送她上学校
you should have sent her away to school.
我不知道能否负起那笔昂贵的学费呢
I’m not sure I could afford it. Schools are so expensive
别对我说是你管教她的
Don’t tell me you look after her yourself?
我们家有家庭教师
We have a governess.
家庭教师
A governess?
对了 我想我刚刚看见过一位
Yes, I thought I saw someone with her just now.