Well–
技术上来说,他们在撤退 但战略上而言,却在推进
Technically, they’re retreating, but strategically, they’re advancing.
那是什么意思? – 我来解释
What does that mean ? – Let me show you.
唔 ?啊
Hmm ? Ahh.
这是前线。这里是伯札尼卡
Here is the front line. Here is Bezanika.
俄♥国♥已经攻下这里了
The Russians have that.
这里是布莱 这里还在德军手中
Here’s Pry. The Germans have that.
这里是卢德纳的铁轨交会处
Here is the railroad junction at Rudna.
昨天德国空军 就是要去保护那里
That’s what the Luftwaffe were trying to protect yesterday.
一点都没错。德国不希望那里落入美军手中
Exactly right. And the Germans don’t want the Americans to take that.
美国也参战了吗
So the Americans are in the war too ?
收音机上没有说美军在那里
Well, they didn’t say they were there personally.
美军有自己的问题要处理
They have problems of their won.
他们在别的前线作战 但现在他们有派坦克过来
They’re fighting on another front. But for now, they’re sending tanks.
坦克?多少辆?
Tanks ? How many ?
不多,但够了
Not many. But enough.
而且是刚从芝加哥 运来的崭新坦克
And brand-new, right off the boat from Chicago.
芝加哥? – 是的
Chicago ? -Yes.
你怎么分辨得出 是不是美国坦克?
How could you tell they were American ?
你会知道怎么分辨的
Well, you-you get to know the difference.
美国坦克发出的声音 和别的不同
American tanks, it’s a different noise entirely.
什么样的声音? – 单调清楚的声音
What kind of noise ? Clean.
是的,而且还可以听到号♥角声
Yeah. You can hear the horns.
坦克上的号♥角? -不,乐队的
On the tank ? -No, the band. The jazz band.
他们派了爵士乐队来激励士气
Jazz band ? They sent a jazz band to cheer up their allies.
萨克斯风? – 单簧管
Saxophone ? -Clarinets.
听起来像是班尼古德曼
Sounds like Benny Goodman.
女歌♥手?安德鲁斯姐妹? – 他们三个
Lady singers ? Andrews Sisters ? -Three of them.
说不定是她们的表姐 听起来很美
Maybe their cousins. Sounds so beautiful.
但在歌♥声仍掩不住 俄军阵阵的枪声
And all the time in the background I could hear the Russian guns.
那是我一生中 听过最悦耳的声音了
It’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard in my whole life.
爵士乐队…隆隆炮声,全都好听极了
You know, the jazz band, the artillery, everything.
看来自♥由♥不远了
It seems liberation is near.
雅各布也许不是救世主 但可能是个先知
Jakob Heym may not be the messiah, but he could be a prophet.
先知传达的是上帝的旨意 那个卖♥♥煎饼的 只不过有台收音机罢了
Prophets speak in the name of God. All the pancake vendor has is a radio.
他说的和以赛亚说的 一模一样:
Shh ! He’s saying the same thing Isaiah said–
″以色列的子民啊 我将领导你们挣脱束缚″
“People of Israel, I will lead you out of bondage.”
″挣脱束缚″ 如果把我们带到这的 是以赛亚…
“Out of bondage.” If this is what we get from Isaiah,
我等不及想看那个 卖♥♥煎饼的会把我们怎样
I can’t wait to find out the results from the pancake vendor.
我们非阻止他不可
He must be stopped.
是的
Yeah.
是啊,这真是太疯狂了
Yeah, it is crazy.
我知道,汉娜
I know, Hannah.
但等我开始捏造这些事情时…
But when I started to make up those things,
连我自己都差点信以为真
I almost believed them.
我知道
I know.
问题是 我明天还要编些什么呢?
The point is, what am I going to invent tomorrow ?
我这辈子最伟大的发明 是杏桃煎饼
In my whole life, my greatest invention was an apricot pancake.
不过是一种马铃薯煎饼
A latke.
这是我最伟大的成就
My crowning achievement.
煎饼和谎言
Latkes and lies.
莉娜吗
Lina ?
莉娜
Lina !
你在这里做什么?
What are you doing here ?
看我帮你做了什么
Look what I made for you.
我不饿
I’m not hungry.
你这话什么意思?
What do you mean, you’re not hungry ?
这是真的大头菜煮的汤
This is turnip soup, made from real turnips, huh ?
好吃极了,试试看 – 不,谢了
Oh, it’s delicious. Try it. -No, thank you.
你该不是把猫吃了吧? – 当然没有
You haven’t eaten cat, have you ? Of course not.
那就是蘑菇了 – 那些蘑菇坏了 -别担心
Then it’s the mushrooms. -Those mushrooms were bad. -Don’t worry.
不饿总比饿好,对吧?
It’s better not to be hungry than to be hungry, isn’t it ?
那个小人,他把收音机 藏在阁楼里,罗莎
[ Mischa ] Sneaky bastard. He’s got the radio in the attic, Rosa.
他一定是想要听伦敦的消息
He’s trying to get to London. I’m sure of it.
你要娶的是雅各布还是我?
Are you going to marry Jakob Heym or me ?
世上不只有我们两个人
Rosa, we’re not the only two people in the world.
想想看因为这台收音机 而组织起来的反抗军吧
Think about the resistance that’s going to get organized because of this radio.
也许我应该反抗得激烈些
Maybe I should have put up a little more resistance.
那你就会多注意我一些
Then you’d pay more attention to me.
你要我注意你?
Do you want more attention ?
也许吧
Maybe.
别闹了,让大家好好睡一会儿
Come on. Let’s try to get some sleep.
拿破仑在作战之前…
Napoleon always made sure he got a good night’s sleep…
一定会好好的睡上一觉
before his big battles.
他在战场上可是威风八面
And he didn’t do too badly.
走开,你这只坏猫
Go, go ! Get away, you bad cat !
我就知道有事发生 我得去看看
Something is going on. I knew it. I have to see where he’s going.
米莎,现在是宵禁 – 我知道
Mischa, it’s curfew. -I know.
万一俄军发动攻击 我怎么能睡大头觉呢?
What if the Russians attack and I’m lying around here ? Where’s my hat ?
我的帽子呢? – 我爱你,你知道的
Mischa ! – I love you. You know that.
我…我也爱你
I… love you too.
你来看看
Look at this. Look here. Look.
你的米莎把咱们的女儿 丢在家里
Your Mischa leaves our daughter at home alone so he
跑去和雅各布混
can run around with this Jakob.
我们一定要阻止这种愚行
Something must be done about this nonsense.
极大的
Max !
米莎,你吓死我了
Mischa ! You frightened me !
那个势利的克许布恩也有份? – 为什么? – 因为他是医生?
So, that snob Kirschbaum is in on it too ? Why, because he’s a doctor ?
没错,正因为他是医生
Yeah, because he’s a doctor.
别烦我了
Go. Leave me alone !
我知道你认为我很笨 我一点都不笨 我知道你们在搞什么鬼
I know you think I’m stupid, but I’m not stupid. No.No, I know what’s going on.
你听到伦敦传来的消息 现在要去告诉克许布恩
You heard a message from London, and now you’re going to tell Kirschbaum.
就是这样,不是吗?你被打昏头了,米莎
That’s it, isn’t it ? You were hit in the head too many times, Mischa.
晚安。教授这么晚不看诊的
Good evening. Professor doesn’t see patients at this time of the night.
我是医生的好朋友
I’m a personal friend of the doctor’s.
是他货运厂的同事
Professional colleague at the freight yard.
你叫什么名字? – 雅各布·海姆
Your name ? -My name is Jakob Heym.
那个雅各布·海姆吗
The Jakob Heym ?
我以为你比较高 – 我也是
I imagined you much taller. – So did I.
进来吧
Come in.
雅各布·海姆 – 教授
Jakob Heym ! – Professor.
请坐 – 谢谢
Please sit down. -Thank you.
这是我的证书 40年前,40多年前了
My diploma. Forty years ago. More than forty years.
我一直都晓得这张证书…总有一天会派上用场
I always knew this diploma would come in useful.
有什么能效劳的?
So, what can I do for you ?
我阁楼里有个女孩 – 我是个医生 不是个听告解的神父
I have a girl in my attic. – I’m a doctor, not a confessor.
不是啦,她只有十岁
Oh, no, no, please. She’s only ten years old.
她是从往集中营的火车上 跑出来的
She escaped from one of the transports.
我一直在照顾她。我已经尽力了,但我认为她病得很重
I’ve been taking care of her. I’m doing my best, but I think she’s very sick.
跟我来
Come.
我带你去配药室看看
I’ll show you my pharmacy. Thank you.
那儿什么都没有
There’s nothing there.
你看
Here, look.
我只有这些药了
All I have.
我们唯一能给她的药 就是从你那来的好消息
The only medicine we could give her is some of that good news of yours.
就像是那些美国坦克的事
Like the American tanks.
我的意思是,不过爵士乐团的事太离谱了
I mean, even if the jazz band was a little too much.
班尼古德曼
Benny Goodman.
你不这么认为吗?
Don’t you think so ?
你的药才是仙丹妙药
That’s a wonderful medicine you have, Jakob. Wonderful.
我很钦佩你的作为
I admire what you’re doing. I really do.
我们去看看你的小朋友吧
So let’s go and see this little friend of yours.
艾丝塔 把我的包包和外套给我
Esther, my bag and my coat, please.
煎饼…
Pancakes.
我的天啊
Oh, my God !
快开门,是我
Kowalsky !
难不成你要紧急刮胡子?
You need an emergency shave ?
不管海姆有没有收音机 俄♥国♥人反正会来,对吧?
The Russians will be here whether Heym has a radio or not, won’t they ?
我不知道你在说什么
I have no idea what you’re talking about.
科瓦尔斯基先生。 – 唔 ?
Mr. Kowalsky. -Hmm ?