那个男孩在人♥民♥眼中
People see that little boy,
是一个出身荣华富贵
born to wealth and privilege,
却愿意为实现自己的理想牺牲一切
willing to sacrifice everything for his ideals
为自己的国家效力
in service to his nation.
权贵 在您的形容下 他像是王室贵族
Royalty. You make him sound like royalty.
权贵 需要传统才能造就
Well, for royalty you need tradition.
而练就传统的 是时间
And for tradition, you need time.
总得有个起点才行 对吧
Well, I guess it has to start somewhere, right?
总要有个起始之处
There has to be a day one.
这里是白宫东厅
This is the East Room,
美国人♥民♥对它的了解 差不多已经有60年了
pretty much as Americans have known it now for 60 years.
很显然 您觉得
Obviously you haven’t felt that
这个房♥间不需要进行太大的改动
you had to make any great changes in here.
是的 我觉得这里很美
No, I think it’s lovely.
其实我不喜欢改变
I hate to make changes really,
所以当我发现这样的房♥间
so when you find a room like this,
真是好极了 这个…
it’s wonderful. This…
这架钢琴让我想起
This piano brings to mind
您就是在白宫中的这个房♥间
that, this is the part of the White House
举办音乐活动的
where you have the musical affairs.
是的 这架钢琴是富兰克林·罗斯福设计的
That’s right. This piano was designed by Franklin Roosevelt
琴腿是雄鹰的形状
with the eagle support.
大提琴家帕布罗·卡萨尔斯
And this is the end of the room
就是在房♥间这一端 为我们演奏的
where Pablo Casals played for us,
当时我们在这搭建了临时舞台
where we had a portable stage built,
还请来了莎士比亚剧团
when we had the Shakespeare players.
肯尼迪夫人 本届政♥府♥
Mrs. Kennedy, this administration
对艺术家 音乐家 作家和诗人
has shown a particular affinity
表现出了尤为强烈的喜好…
for artists, musicians, writers, poets…
这是因为您和您丈夫本身就喜欢这些人
Is this because you and your husband just feel that way,
还是你们认为 政♥府♥和文艺界
or do you think that there’s a relationship
是存在联♥系♥的
between the government and the arts?
这个问题很复杂
That’s so complicated.
我也…不知道
I… I don’t know.
我只是认为
I just think that everything
白宫里所有的东西都应该是最好的
in the White House should be the best.
如果这样可以帮助某家美国公♥司♥
And if it’s an American company that you can help,
我很愿意这么做
I like to do that.
如果不是 只要是最好的就行
If it’s not… just as long as it’s the best.
你的信仰对你有帮助吗
Is your faith helping you?
我更愿意跟神父去讨论信仰
I’d prefer to discuss my faith with a priest.
你并不是神职人员 对吧
You’re not a man of the cloth, are you?
不 我不是
No. No, I’m not.
我只是想更接近真♥相♥
I’m just trying to get to the truth.
-那是记者的使命 -真♥相♥
– That’s what reporters do. – Oh, the truth.
我已经习惯了人们所相信的
Well, I’ve grown accustomed to a great divide
与我所知道的真♥相♥之间的巨大鸿沟
between what people believe and what I know to be real.
好吧 我愿意勉强接受一个有可信度的说法
Fine. I will settle for a story that’s believable.
这才像话
That’s more like it.
我自己也曾当过记者
You know, I used to be a reporter myself once.
我知道你想要的是什么
I know what you’re looking for.
什么
I’m sorry?
详尽的细节
A moment-by-moment account.
你来就是为了这个 不是吗
That’s what you came here for, isn’t it?
你想要我描述
You want me to describe the sound the bullet made
子弹击中我丈夫头颅时的声音
when it collided with my husband’s skull.
我很高兴
I’m very happy
能来到伟大的德克萨斯州
to be in the great State of Texas,
能与你们一起在达拉斯
to be with you and experience
体验成果硕然的
the noble Spanish tradition
伟大的西班牙传统
that has achieved so much in Dallas.
这一传统
This tradition
始于一百年前
started 100 years
比我丈夫的马萨诸塞州成为殖民地的时间还要早
before the colonization of Massachusetts, my husband’s State.
这一传统
It is all a tradition
现在仍然生机勃勃
that remains alive and strong.
那是鸟鸣声吗
Is that the sound of birds?
不是鸟
Not exactly birds.
一定是大海的声音
Must be the ocean.
-准备好了吗 -当然
– You ready? – Of course.
我喜欢人群
I love crowds.
记得康纳利州长和夫人吗
You remember Governor and Mrs. Connally.
欢迎来到达拉斯 亲爱的
Welcome to Dallas, darling.
非常感谢你能来
Thank you so much for coming.
很高兴见到你
Very nice to meet you.
天呐 太热情了
My! What a welcome!
从机场开始就是最豪华的车队
There’d been the biggest motorcade from the airport.
热情 豪放 就像墨西哥或是维也纳
Hot, wild, like Mexico or Vienna.
炎炎烈日照在我们脸上
The sun was strong in our faces,
但我却不能戴上墨镜
but I couldn’t wear my sunglasses.
杰克伸出了他的手
Jack has his hand out,
我看见他一片头骨掉了下来
and I see a piece of his skull come off.
是肉色的 不是白色
And it was flesh-colored, it wasn’t white.
接着他倒在我的膝盖上
And he slumps in my lap.
他的血和脑浆流到我膝盖上
His blood and his brains are in my lap.
我喊着”杰克”
And I’m saying, “Jack,
“杰克 能听见我说话吗”
“Jack, can you hear me?
“杰克 我爱你 杰克”
“Jack! I love you, Jack!”
他的头那么美
And his head was so beautiful,
他的嘴也那么美 他的双眼都睁着
and his mouth was beautiful, and his eyes were open.
我试着用手捂住他的头顶
I was trying to keep the top of his head down.
不让大脑流出来
Keep it all in.
他脸上露出了最美妙的表情
He had the most wonderful expression on his face, you know?
就在他们要向他提问前
Just before they’d ask him a question,
就在他回答前
just before he’d answer,
他看上去一脸迷茫
he looked puzzled.
我当时就知道他死了
I knew he was dead.
肯尼迪夫人
Mrs. Kennedy, uh…
想都别想
Don’t think for one second
我不会让你发表这一段的
that I’m going to let you publish that.
明白吗
You understand?
是的 当然
Yes. Yes, of course.
我明白
Yes, I understand.
子弹的声音是怎样的
What did the bullet sound like?
肯尼迪夫人
Mrs. Kennedy?
您没事吧 是我 拉里
Are you all right? It’s Larry.
我马上就好
I’ll be ready in a moment.
不着急
Take all the time you need.
他们在等着吗
Are they waiting?
我谨庄严宣誓
“I do solemnly swear…”
我谨庄严宣誓
I do solemnly swear…
我必忠实执行
“…that I will faithfully execute…”
我必忠实执行
…that I will faithfully execute…
美♥利♥坚♥合众国总统职务
“…the office of President of the United States.”
美♥利♥坚♥合众国总统职务
…the office of President of the United States.
竭尽全力
“And will to the best of my ability…”
竭尽全力
And will to the best of my ability…
-恪守 维护 -恪守 维护
– “…preserve, protect…” – …preserve, protect…
-以及捍卫 -以及捍卫
– “…and defend…” – …and defend…
美♥利♥坚♥合众国宪法
“…the Constitution of the United States.”
美♥利♥坚♥合众国宪法
…the Constitution of the United States.
愿上帝助我
“So help me God.”
愿上帝助我
So help me God.
总统先生
Mr. President.
发动引擎
Start the engines.
给飞机降降温 谢谢
Get some of the heat off this plane. Thank you.
能告诉我子弹的尺寸吗
Can you tell me what size the bullet was?
我想不是点38的 对吧
I don’t think it was a.38, was it?
看上去…
It seemed…
叫什么来着 口径
What’s that called, the caliber?