她需要找私人专业医生看病
and she needed a personal specialist,
在做决定之前我也考虑了很久
so I thought about a lot of that before I made my decision,
我的教练也被迫接受了我的决定
and my coach stuck with me.
他说
I mean, he said,
“去照顾你的家人吧” 我就是这样看待这件事的
“Go take care of your family,” and that’s how I look at the thing with this, man. You know, I was bugged, too.
我总觉得 有人就是喜欢
I always think they pick on
找篮球运动员的碴 就因为他们辍学了
the basketball players when they leave school
就因为他们是黑人
’cause they’re black,
但老虎伍兹也没上学 怎么不见有人说他
’cause Tiger Woods ain’t going to school, nobody gives a fuck about that.
锐跑总部 麻州坎顿镇
96年我们有幸与阿伦签约
When we had the chance to sign Allen in ’96,
我们认为这将有很大的不同
we thought this could be big. This could be really something different.
我永远也忘不了那次会议上
I’ll never forget the famous boardroom meeting we had,
公♥司♥领导说
where the head of the company
“从现在开始 五年内不会再出现另一个
said, “Well, isn’t there going to be another Allen Iverson
阿伦·艾弗森了吧?”
another five years from now?”
我还记得我们几个人看着他 说不会的
And I remember a couple of us looking at him and saying no.
他走进来时非常自信
He walked in the room, and he had this incredible confidence,
就像他知道自己有这样的能力
like he knew he could play at this level, and he knew
他知道自己在联盟中 会是与众不同的
he was going to be something special in the league,
即使他不说话也能感觉得到
and you could just feel it without him saying anything.
这是我生命中最激动的时刻
This is an exciting, exciting time for me in my life…
今天也是我的生日
My birthday.
距离选秀还有几周的时间
The draft is a couple of weeks away.
我很高兴加入了锐跑的大家庭
I’ve just joined the Reebok family.
但最重要的是 我觉得这里就是我的主场
But most important, I just feel that this is my planet.
在体育界 今天是NBA登陆日
In sports, it’s D-Day for the NBA.
联盟将于今晚举办年度选秀大会
The league is holding its annual draft tonight,
费城拥有首选权
with Philadelphia owning the #1 pick.
费城的每个人都希望 我使用首选权
Everyone in Philadelphia wanted me to pick Iverson
选择艾弗森 老实说
with that #1 pick. Truthfully,
我也想选艾弗森 因为他是个得分手
I wanted A.I. because he was a scorer.
76人队1996年至2001年主席 派特克罗斯
他是一名勇士
He was just a warrior.
我喜欢勇士
I love warriors.
在1996年的NBA选秀大会
With the first pick in the 1996 NBA draft,
费城76人队使用首选权选择了
the Philadelphia 76ers select Allen Iverson
来自乔治城大学的阿伦·艾弗森
from Georgetown University.
# Dreams come true #
能成为首选对我来说很有意义
To be the first pick, it meant something to me
因为之前有太多人嘲笑我
because all of them used to laugh. Like, whatever, man.
没有人能从纽波特纽斯进入NBA
Ain’t nobody make it from Newport News to the NBA.
选秀日那天 我们在光谱球场举办了派对
Draft day, we had this party at the Spectrum,
场面非常热闹欢乐
and it was packed, mobbed,
当我们宣布
And when we made the announcement,
“76人队将利用首选权 选择阿伦·艾弗森”
“The 76ers with their #1 pick, pick Allen Iverson,”
现场都沸腾了
the place went berserk.
就像有人踩到雷♥管♥一样
It was like someone stepped on a detonator,
如雷鸣般爆发的欢呼呐喊声 响彻了整座场馆 乃至整座城市
and all the explosion of energy and pride came back into the city
这一切均源自 我们的一个选择而已
and into that franchise, just with that one pick.
# I can’t stop #
# Who’s gonna stop me? #
# Who’s gonna stop me now? #
# Who’s gonna stop me? #
进入NBA就像是梦想成真
Making it to the NBA was a dream come true.
相较我过去的经历
Being from where I come from,
现在的每一天都弥足珍贵
every day is a good day for me.
阿伦
Allen!
阿伦
Allen!
一路走来我们经历了太多
We’ve gone through so much.
该上场了
Time to get down.
这些年他经历了重重磨难 才走到了这一天
All of the years, and all of the things that he had to overcome,
当我听到
when I hear:
“最后有请来自乔治城的六英尺后卫 阿伦·艾弗森”
“And finally, a 6-foot guard from Georgetown, Allen Iverson,”
我总会不禁流泪
it bring tears to my eyes, man,
因为一切都在走上坡路
because that is the culmination of everything.
我记得曾对他说
I remember saying to him,
“阿伦 球队的未来掌握在我们手上
“Allen, this is up to you and I.
我们必须要让球队复兴”
We’ve got to resurrect this franchise.”
一对一单挑的时候 有人能阻止你吗?
Is there anybody that can stop you one-on-one?
我不知道 希望没有
I don’t know. I hope not.
我觉得没有
I don’t think so.
艾弗森 这球肯定有戏
Iverson. This is going to be something!
他投进了两分球
He scores for two!
身后运球 上篮 他得到了罚球机会
Behind the back, got the layup, and he’s fouled!
天啊 太棒了
Oh, my! Take that!
阿伦·艾弗森的精力非常充沛
Allen Iverson brought a lunch box mentality:
真刀实枪地在球场上拼杀
dive on the floor, sweat, cry, bleed.
费城人非常喜欢他的风格
Philadelphia loves that.
我和表兄打了个赌 猜你今晚
I had a bet with my cousin how many times
会摔倒几次
you were gonna hit the floor tonight.
-只会有一次 -那只是第一次
-That was only one. -That was the first time.
-没错 -我猜会有三次
-That’s it. -I got three.
老天啊
Oh, my goodness!
艾弗森持球时谁都挡不住他
And you are helpless when A.I. has it going on!
简直不敢相信我的眼睛
I don’t believe what I just saw!
你就是答案
You’re The Answer.
你就是脚踝终结者
You’re The Ankle Breaker.
艾弗森突破阻挡得到两分
Iverson crosses over, gets two!
那次你把查理瓦尔德
One time you guys played the Knicks,
晃得像是脚被钉住了一样
and Charlie Ward was stapling his sneakers on.
我证明了自己的能力 因此我赢得了大家的尊重
I proved what I could do, so I won my respect,
就像联盟中的其他人一样
just like everybody else in the league.
你和乔丹对阵时的动作太夸张了
The baddest move you ever made was the one against Jordan.
简直让人难以置信
It was incredible.
晃开乔丹那次是最精彩的
The best crossover was against Michael Jordan.
你看到他晃开乔丹了吗?
Did you see when he crossed Michael Jordan up?
那年他只是个新秀
He was a rookie that year.
我的晃人动作是我的独门秘籍
My crossover is my patented move,
别人很难防守
a move that’s hard for people to stop.
我的第一步速度很快
My first step is kinda quick,
对方会下意识地做出反应
and people respect it,
因此当我突然转变方向
so when I take the hard jab in one direction,
要么就让我直接把你过掉
either you gotta let me
要么你就会试图把我防死
get by you, or you gotta try to beat me to the spot.
这就发生在我转向的瞬间
That’s when I take it the other way.
当我持球时 我听到菲尔·杰克逊大喊 “迈克尔”
When I grabbed the ball, I heard Phil Jackson yell, -“Michael!”
迈克尔 防住他
Michael, get up on him.
当他过来防我时
Once he came out there,
我就想拿他试试我的动作
I was gonna put my move to the test.
我小晃了一下 想看看他会不会上当
I gave him my little cross to see, would he bite on it?
当他站定的时候 我又快速转向
I let him set his feet, and then I stepped it back again.
天啊
Oh, my God.
看到他的动作我难掩兴奋 高兴地跳了起来
I lost my shorts when he did that. I jumped in the air. I’m high-five…
整个场馆都为之疯狂
The whole place went wild.
我们对自己说 “他终于发挥所长 他做到了”
We said to ourselves, “He’s here. He’s arrived.”
迈克尔·乔丹曾是我见过的最棒的球员
The best player I’d ever seen was Michael Jordan.
但是现在 我眼中最棒的球员…
The best player right now,
就是我自己
in my eyes, is myself.
# I go to work #
阿伦·艾弗森在1997年 当选NBA最佳新秀
Allen Iverson is the 1997 NBA Rookie of the Year.
他是费城首位获此殊荣的球员
He’s the first Philly player to win the award.
能够进入♥联♥盟
To be able to come in this league
完成大多数人无法做到的事情
and do some things that not too many people have done,
这种感觉无比美好
it was a great feeling.
隆重介绍费城76人的主教练
Introducing the head coach to the Philadelphia 76ers,
拉里·布朗
Larry Brown. Yeah!
球队要赢
For the team to win,
需要有全明星教练和全明星球员
we needed this all-star coach and this all-star player,
他们都很有天赋
both of them highly talented,
但也非常敏感
highly sensitive,
非常顽固
highly headstrong individuals
他们来自两个不同的世界
that come from two different worlds.
就像嘟·喔普音乐杠上嘻哈
Doo-wop vs. hip-hop.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!