so drastically wrong to kids.
非常难过
It’s pretty sad.
你觉得法庭有因为你是明星
Do you think they treated you differently
而区别对待你吗?感觉如何?
because you’re a star? How do you feel?
你会没事的
You’ll be all right.
你会没事的
You’ll be all right.
你会没事的
You’ll be all right.
后退
Back up, back up.
毫无道理
That don’t make no sense.
那是一场噩梦
It was a nightmare, you know.
对我来说那真的是一场噩梦
It was really a nightmare.
他怎么了?
What did he get?
他们把他扔进了后车厢
什么都别说了
别说了
安艾弗森说 她希望她的儿子能够完成高中学业
Ann Iverson said she’d like to see her son finish high school.
我不希望他在监狱待那么久
I don’t want him to be in jail that long.
我想要他出来继续上学
I want him to get out, and I want him to go to school.
我想他在监狱里可以很好地改造
I think they can be rehabilitated in jail also.
里面也有一些教育项目
I mean, there are programs available. There’s a GED program there.
艾弗森可以完成他的学业
Iverson could finish his education.
监狱里有娱乐设施
They have recreational facilities.
我想他的境遇不会很糟
I don’t think he’d be any worse off.
我简直不能相信人们会如此残忍♥
I just couldn’t believe that people were this mean.
法官决定
The judge decided that
在申诉期间 不允许取保候审
he would not grant a bond pending the appeal, at this point,
坦率地说 法官希望他们在服刑和服务期间
because he wanted them, very frankly, to go ahead and to start
诚心改造并开始累积个人信用
accumulating credit for the time that they would go ahead and serve.
从业这么多年以来
In all the years that I’ve been doing this,
唯一不被允许保释的被告
the only defendants that are not given a bond
只有杀人犯
are capital murderers.
一级杀人重犯
Uh, capital murderers.
那些人可是要上电椅的呀
That’s people that are going to the electric chair.
这完全是不公平的
That was true injustice,
这件事之所以令人痛彻心扉
and that’s why it hurt so much,
就是因为真的太不公平了
because it was truly unjust.
我觉得他是咎由自取 我希望他
I think the guy got what he deserved, and I hope he does
得到应有的教训
every bit of time that he’s given.
他受到了不公正的审判和定罪
He was unjustly tried and convicted
被送进了成年人监狱
and sentenced to time in a prison facility for grown men.
我记得当时跟祖母说
I remember telling my grandma, like,
“奶奶 我没有做过他们说的那些事
“Nana, if I didn’t do what these people said I did,
“为什么上帝让这些发生在我身上?”
why is God letting this happen to me?”
她的话让我再也没有怀疑神
And she told me, and I never did it since then,
“永远不要质疑上帝”
“Never question God.”
我因此告别了原有的生活 离开了我的家人
I had my life, my family, and the game
还有我深深热爱的运动 全都离我而去了
that I loved so much taken away from me.
请远离围墙 至少10英尺
安全区域
在那里我学到很多东西
I think I just learned so much from it.
让我在年少时受益良多
It taught me a lot at an early age.
艾弗森会在凌晨四点被叫醒
Mr. Iverson would be awakened at 4:00.
在完成了洗澡刮胡须之类的准备工作后
He would shower and shave or whatever he needed to do
新的一天开始了
to prepare for that day.
这里是工作营地
This is a working camp.
你来这里就是工作的
You are here to work.
我们要把27英里范围内的草全部割掉
We cut all the grass for 27 miles.
凡是绿色的静止的东西都要割掉
Anything green and not moving, we cut it.
那简直要把我累死了
Oh, it used to kill me, man.
我必须在六点起床
You know, I had to be up at 6:00;
他在凌晨四点叫醒我
here he come waking me up at 4:00 in the morning.
我进来的时候他会唱警♥察♥杀手
I would come in, and he knew it would irritate me,
以为这样会惹恼我
he would sing a cop killer song.
面对这里的人 我早已将生死置之度外
I put my life on the line for anybody here,
哪里还会在意刺杀♥警♥♥察♥这样的事
and to belittle the killing of a police officer,
这让我想到 “又一个街头小混混”
it made me think, “Just another punk from the streets.”
他对我非常严格
He made it extremely hard for me.
人们会给他传字条
People would pass notes to him,
上面写着“我希望你去死
saying that “I wish you were dead.”
“我希望你这黑鬼把牢底坐穿”
“I hope your black ass rot in prison.”
狱卒给了他一个戴着绞刑套的娃娃
The jailers would bring him a doll with a noose,
娃娃身上写着“阿伦·艾弗森”
and written on that doll was “Allen Iverson.”
我有律师
I had lawyers.
每天我都跟他们谈话
Every single day that I was talking to them,
他们会跟我说 “你明天就能出来”
they were telling me that “You’re getting out tomorrow.”
到了明天 他们又会说 “你明天就能出来”
And then tomorrow would come, and they’d say, “You’re getting out tomorrow.”
我记得当时非常懊恼
I remember just being frustrated,
一位朋友过来 他跟我说了一个
and one of my friends came up, and he said
最好不过的建议…
some of the best advice that someone could ever give me:
“你出不去了
“You’re not getting out of here,
“不要再去妄想
so stop thinking about it.
“好好把牢坐完
“And do what you gotta do,
“回来做你真正喜欢做的事”
handle what you gotta handle, and get back to what you love to do.”
那使我以后的日子轻松了许多
It made it so much easier for me to do the time
因为我认定了自己哪也去不了
because I had in my mind that I wasn’t going nowhere.
汉普顿市民发起了
Hampton residents have formed what they call
斯威夫特法律辩护基金
the Swift Legal Defense Fund.
很多人都声援支持那些孩子
There was a very vocal support for those kids.
虽然没什么用
It didn’t do any good,
但还是发起了多次游♥行♥
but there were marches.
艾弗森收到了很多包裹
Mr. Iverson received a sackload of mail by himself.
很多女士将自己的内衣寄给他
People, ladies, were sending him their unmentionables,
给他寄钱
and they were sending him money.
还有礼物
They were sending him gifts.
他还接到了采访要求
Interviews were requested.
汤姆布罗考先生采访了他
I know Mr. Tom Brokaw was allowed to interview him.
今晚我们将为大家详细讲述
Tonight, we have the story of what has happened
原本前途无量的年轻人
to a young man who was headed for a million-dollar future,
如何走进了监狱
but now he’s in jail.
这是经典案例之一
It was one of those classic cases.
这个孩子拥有惊人的运动天赋
Here’s a kid with the gift of the gods, as an athlete,
新闻记者 汤姆布洛考
很明显他所在的社区
and a community where
依然拥有很严重的种族问题
they’d still not worked out all the racial issues, obviously.
我已经做了最坏的打算
I’ve prepared myself for the worst.
如果我会一直在这里
If I have to do this whole time here,
只需要慢慢习惯就好了
I just have to deal with it.
我觉得判决太过严苛了
I thought the sentence was surprisingly harsh,
我认为我们的节目会让大家
and I think that our story had something to do with people
从不同的视角看待这个案件
looking at the case in a slightly different way
因为它已经引起了全民关注
because it got national attention.
NBC对我关照有加
I got a lot of love for NBC.
汤姆布罗考为我做了很多
Tom Brokaw, I mean, he did a lot for me,
我很感谢他
and I appreciate him.
在那件事情上我亏欠他很多
I owe a lot to him for that.
几个月以来
Allen Iverson
阿伦·艾弗森终于在今晚 第一次尝到了自♥由♥的味道
is tasting freedom tonight for the first time in months.
这名杰出的高中生 被道格怀尔德州长
The high school standout has been handed
有条件赦免了
conditional clemency by Governor Doug Wilder.
州长赦免了阿伦
Our Governor pardoned Allen, you know.
但条件是他不能参加体育运动
His rule was he couldn’t play sports.
谁在乎呢?
Who cared?
他又可以回到学校了
He could go to school.
我认为对于狱警来说这是种解脱
I think it was a relief for the officers
因为新闻媒体不会再来了
because the news media would be gone.
也不会总有电♥话♥打来
The calls would be gone.
以前收到的那些包裹也不会再出现了
All the mail that we received would be gone,
希望不会再有女性内衣寄来
and hopefully no more women’s underwear.
阿伦 你感觉如何?
Hey, Allen, how do you feel?
能说说你的感受吗?
How do you feel, Allen?
无可奉告
No comment.
怀尔德州长给了我再来一次的机会
Governor Wilder gave me another shot at life.
如果没有他的赦免令 我可能不会有今天
You know, if it wasn’t for his signature, I might not be here.
对于其他三名年轻人 怀尔德州长

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!