And this is the lead detective.
探员否认他说过那样的话
And the detective said, “No, he didn’t say that.”
那时我和莫就知道大事不妙了
And right then, me and Mo knew something was gonna happen.
这位首席探员
You know, this is the lead detective,
在听证席睁着眼说瞎话
and he lied right there on the stand.
阿伦·艾弗森因为参与保龄球馆的斗殴
Allen Iverson is charged with three counts of maiming,
而受到三项指控
stemming from a brawl at a bowling alley.
有人说艾弗森朝他仍椅子 打碎了他的眼镜
One guy said Iverson threw a chair at him, breaking his glasses.
还有人说艾弗森打断了他的胳膊
Other people said that Iverson broke their arm.
有人说手指被打断了
One person said he broke a thumb,
一位普库森市的居民说
and one Poquoson resident said
她头上被砍了一条大口子
she received a gash in her head.
保龄球馆内有七十多个人
70-some people in a bowling alley,
你怎么专挑那四个人?
how do you pick four individuals?
每个人都该为自己的行为而受到指控
Everyone should’ve been charged for their current…
我们受到的是莫须有的指控
We asked to press charges. It didn’t happen.
我是唯一一个大家都认识的人
I’m the only one that everybody in there knew.
如果他不是伯特利中学的明星球员
Had he not been basically a star at Bethel High,
没有那么大的名气的话
had he not been as well-known as him,
他就不会被人指认出来
then he may not have been identified by anyone.
可能会跟其他二十个涉事者一样
He may have been like the other 20 people who were involved
不会被指控
that were not charged.
他们从涉事者的家人那里
They found out from family members
找到了一卷录影带
that there was a tape.
事实上我认为 他们知道
And actually, I think they thought
那可以为艾弗森开罪 因为他们知道
that would exonerate because they knew
阿伦并没有直接参与这次斗殴
that Allen hadn’t been directly involved in this.
如果你看了录影带就会知道
If you knew what Allen had on that night,
阿伦在那晚早就离开了
you saw him leave in that tape.
就在人们还打成一团 各种东西乱飞的时候
As everything was still going on, and people were still fighting, and things
阿伦朝门外走去了
were still being thrown, Allen was on his way
这一切就发生在镜头前
right out the door, right in front of the camera,
但是当然了 没有人提到这一点
but of course that never got brought up.
艾弗森正在接受审判 他在去年二月参加了斗殴事件 并造成三人受伤
Iverson’s on trial for participating in a mob that maimed three people last February.
我们被描述得好像是暴徒团伙
It was portrayed to be like we was acting like a mob
在那晚有组织有纪律地
of some sort, like we were some organized team that go in
到保龄球馆专门殴打白人
and just beat up white people in a bowling alley that night.
根据定义来讲 他们不算是暴徒团伙
By definition, there was no mob.
暴徒团伙是在去案发现场之前
A mob is an assembled group,
就有目的性地集♥合♥起来的队伍
assembled before they get to the scene, for a specific purpose.
这只不过是个人之间的斗殴
It was just a fight between individuals
只是被过分放大了而已
that happened to be blown up into something that it wasn’t.
十七岁的孩子 因为在保龄球馆打架
At 17, to be tried as an adult
而要接受像成人一样的审判
for a fight in a bowling alley,
难免让人联想到 这一切都是有计划的
you’d have to think there was a plan.
人们想要让阿伦成为一个警戒的例子
People wanted to make an example of Allen.
我出庭作证 试图让他们明白
I testified and tried to make them understand
他是个好孩子 他没有给我们带来麻烦
that he was a good kid, and he didn’t cause us trouble,
但我觉得大家都没听进去
and I didn’t think anybody listened to me.
没有人关心
I didn’t think anybody cared,
没有人重视
and I came out of there
一个已经执教二十五年 作为这方面的专家的意见
feeling like he doesn’t value someone who’s taught 25 years as an expert in this field.
我很肯定 这件事背后一定有阴谋
I strongly believe that there was a conspiracy
他们想要毁掉
to destroy the future of
这个黑人天才孩子的未来
a young, gifted black person.
今天早晨 伯特利中学篮球队的后卫
This morning, the Bethel High School basketball guard
因为蓄意伤害和参与暴♥动♥团伙 而被定罪
was found guilty of maiming and being a member of a mob.
宣读判决后大家一片哗然
The verdict was read, and you could just hear a big, “Aw!”
就好像比赛时间所剩无几
Just like, “No time left on the clock,
你却因为罚球失误 而输掉了比赛一样
you just missed the free throw to win the game.”
我们觉得太不公平了
We just got, you know, the raw end of the stick.
现在的问题是
The question now is,
艾弗森到底会在监狱多久?
how much time could Iverson spend in jail?
现在他的每项指控 都将面临最多二十年的监禁
He now faces up to 20 years on each maiming charge.
作为暴徒施暴的这三项罪名 使他最多将被收监六十年
Up to 60 years on three counts of maiming by mob.
我从没想过
I didn’t think I was, you know,
自己会进监狱
going to go to jail or anything like that.
甚至没想到我会接受缓刑
I didn’t even think I would get probation.
我在错误的时间去了错误的地方
I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
我和德伟恩去过阿伦的家
Me and Dwayne, we was at Allen’s house,
我们谈起这件事
and we was just talking,
我说“我觉得我们会坐牢的”
and I was just, like, “Yo, I feel we goin’ -to jail, Chuck.”
他说“我们不会坐牢”
He was like, “No, we’re not going to jail.”
判决前一晚
艾伦的卧室
我们不可能会进监狱的
We don’t deserve to go to jail, man.
我不想再为即将发生的事担心
I’m tired of worrying about what’s gonna happen.
也厌倦了别人对我说会发生什么
And hearing different people tell me what can happen.
像是这样做那样做之类的
Like, do this and that.
没错 你应该这样或那样
Yeah. You shoulda this and that.
周围的所有人 都在跟我说那些完全没有意义的话
All these people trying to tell me what to do and shit.
他们都是孩子 对此根本没有概念
Those were kids, man. They had no idea.
他们不了解种族歧视
They didn’t know racial prejudice.
他们不知道那些人有多么偏执
They didn’t know these bigots.
如果他问我的话 我会说…
If he asks me, I’m gonna be, like,
我会说“首先 我…
I’m like, you know, “First of all, I want to…
想要感谢我的家人和朋友
“I want to thank my family and friends
在背后支持我“
for sticking behind me,”
感谢体育节目里的人
people in the [ indistinct ]
“我想感谢那些小孩…”
“I want to thank all the little kids… ”
不 我要说…
No, no. Let me say…
“我想要向我的家人和朋友致歉…”
“Then again, I want to apologize to my family and friends…”
他们不知道
They did not know
这些人是要在背后捅刀
that these people were about to lynch their ass.
这些人要捏造不实之罪 送他们进监狱
These people were about to railroad you.
如果我按照他们说的做…
If I really did all the stuff, like they say, you know,
如果我也会像那样胡说八道
if I would’ve came with you all, shit like that,
你知道我会说什么吗?
you know what I’m saying, the real deal,
我跟你们一起 用椅子结结实实地打了那个女孩的头
came with you all, hit the girl in the head with the chair, hit him,
我明白为什么会发生这样的事
I understand why that shit happen.
但你们很清楚
Well, you know damn well
我根本没有袭击你们
I ain’t coming with you all…
我真的认为自己被别人陷害了
You know, I really thought that I was being railroaded.
这样的事足以毁掉每个人的一生
Man, this shit can ruin everybody’s lives.
能把我们塑造成顽固不化的罪犯
This could turn us to hardcore criminals.
审判员可以即刻毁掉四个黑人
That judge could tear four black people down
如果她想那样做的话
right now, just like that, if she want to.
那个混账白人很有势力
That white motherfucker got some power.
今天早晨 汉普顿法♥院♥的安保工作升级
Security was very tight here this morning at Hampton Circuit Court.
拥有多名协管和警♥察♥守卫
Several deputies and police were on guard.
我们看到法庭上有很多警♥察♥
We’re seeing all the police they had in the courtroom,
直到那时我才知道会发生什么
and I knew right then what was about to happen.
只有艾弗森在宣判前作了发言
Only Iverson had anything to say before sentencing.
我对那晚在保龄球馆
I did feel bad for what happened to the people
发生的事感到遗憾 因为我不想任何人
that night at the bowling alley so I wouldn’t want that
遭遇那样的事
to happen to nobody in any situation.
根据所犯罪行…
法庭宣判你将接受为期五年的监禁
纳尔逊奥佛顿法官 判处艾弗森十五年有期徒刑
Judge Nelson Overton sentenced Iverson to 15 years behind bars
缓刑五年
but suspended all but five.
同被告迈克尔·西蒙斯 被判有期徒刑十七年六个月
His co-defendant Michael Simmons received 17.5 years,
缓刑五年
and he suspended all but five of that as well.
因为那样的事就被判十五年监禁 还有十年暂缓执行
Fifteen years, ten years suspended for an incident like that,
如果再犯事监禁就会继续执行
you know, when people do a lot worse.
法庭上的空气彷彿凝滞了一样
The air just totally went out of the courtroom,
大家开始四下打量
and then just everyone began to look around.
有人哭了
Some people was crying,
这很荒唐 很尴尬
but it was just real weird and awkward.
简直不像是现实生活中的事
It just didn’t seem like a real-life story right then.
太不真实了
It didn’t seem real at all.
我从没想到有一天会看到
I never thought I’d see the day
成年人对孩子
where adults would do something
做出这样处心积虑的事

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!