He says, “I love you, Coach.”
那是我们生命中意义非凡的时刻
Very special moment in both of our lives.
我们渴望赢得比赛
We wanted this, man.
这是第一次赢得冠军 感觉很棒
First one. Feel good.
恭喜两个州际冠军
Congratulations on two state championships!
那一天我终生难忘
It was a day that I’ll never forget.
那是我生命中最美好的时刻
It was one of the greatest times of my life.
布鲁因斯队做到了
The Bruins have done it!
接着我被关进了监狱
And then they threw me in jail.
十八岁的阿伦·艾弗森
18-year-old Allen Iverson may end up
可能要在监狱中度过未来几年
spending the next several years behind bars.
来自伯特利中学的橄榄球和篮球明星球员
Star football and basketball athlete from Bethel High,
阿伦·艾弗森面临三项重罪指控…
Allen Iverson faced three felony counts…
国内最顶尖的高中运动员之一 将接受审判
One of the top high school athletes in the country to go on trial.
起因是保龄球馆的一场斗殴
A fight started in a bowling alley.
是白人和黑人之间的打斗
And it’s white people fighting black people.
打斗现场椅子横飞
A chair-throwing brawl,
保龄球馆内有多人因此受伤…
which injured half a dozen people at this bowling alley…
但这件事对黑人的伤害
But it was far more black people
远远超过白人
than it was white people.
我朋友当时就躲在椅子下面
I had friends hiding under chairs, you know.
这件事太恐怖了
Stuff like that kind of scares me.
绿灯亮了吗?
Is the green light on?
亮了
It’s on.
好 你在拍我
Yeah. You’re taping me!
我正在拍摄
I’m taping right now.
1993年2月14日
February 14th, 1993.
大约午夜的时候
It was approximately midnight…
我 阿伦
myself, Allen,
迈克尔·西蒙斯
Michael Simmons
还有我表兄弟德伟恩坎贝尔
and my cousin Dwayne Campbell,
我们在保龄球馆玩得很高兴
we went bowling, and we’re just having a good time.
他们三个都是伯特利中学的学生
All three students at Bethel,
也是阿伦的朋友
friends of Allen,
是那种一辈子的朋友
lifetime friends.
阿伦有很多朋友 黑人和白人都有
Allen had lots of friends, black and white.
我在伯特利中学任教多年
I mean, I taught at Bethel for a long time,
他的白人朋友和黑人朋友一样多
and he had as many white friends as he did black friends.
你们好吗?小朋友们?
How you doing, little guys?
小朋友?
Little buddies?
回头见
See you all later.
他就是那样的人
That’s just the type of person he is,
非常具有幽默感
with a real great sense of humor.
友人 迈克尔席蒙斯
他平时总喜欢说些垃圾话
He was pretty much trash-talker out of the crew.
我们一直在打保龄球
We was bowling, I mean, before,
打了挺长时间 然后事情就发生了
hour, hour and a half before everything happened.
我们在8号♥和9号♥球道
We was on, like, lanes 8 and 9.
友人 道恩坎贝尔
出事的地方 大约在32号♥和33号♥球道
The incidents took place around lane 32, 33,
完全在保龄球馆的另一端
totally on the other end of the bowling alley,
售货亭就在那里
where the concession stand was at.
我都不知道事情是怎样发生的
I don’t even know how the incident got started,
因为当时我正在打球
’cause at the time, I was on the lane bowling,
我很讨厌要再次承认这一点
and I just… I hate to admit it
我掷出了一记落沟球
again, but I threw a gutter ball
突然摔倒了 我从地上站起来时
and I happened to slip at the time, and I was getting up
听到有人喊 “那个找阿伦麻烦的是谁?”
off the ground, and I hear somebody say, “Who was that guy -in Allen’s face?”
那些白人来自普库森
They white guys from Poquoson,
如果你是维吉尼亚人
and if you’re from Virginia,
你就会知道 普库森的一些人
you know that some people from Poquoson
不喜欢黑人
don’t like black people.
他们就是来挑衅他的 想找他的麻烦
The guys were trying to… They were messing with him, try to get in his head.
我记得当时拉住了他
I remember at times, I had to grab him.
我说“兄弟
I was like, “Look, man.
打架解决不了问题”
There ain’t gonna be none of this, man.”
我看见那个白人跟我身高差不多
That scene was, you know, guy about my height at the time, white guy,
所以我就开始慢慢朝那边跑
so I just started jogging down there.
我们都是朋友
We was there among friends,
如果有什么事 做朋友的肯定要帮忙
and friends protect friends when something go down.
所有人都知道 阿伦是最有潜力的球员
Everybody knew that Allen had the most potential,
没人希望有什么事发生在他身上
so nobody really wants to see nothing happen to him.
你不需要这样
You don’t need this, man.
这帮家伙是想要拉你下地狱
These guys wanna bring you down with them.
我看到椅子朝我们飞过来 然后就本能地动手了
I see the chair swinging, and instincts just took over.
后来我们帮忙进来了
The protection came in.
我不记得到底是怎么开始的
I don’t remember exactly how it started.
我所记得的只是到处都打得火热
All I remember was just fighting, like, just everywhere.
他们打成一团的时候
While it was going on,
我停下来站在那里
I stopped and stood there
四下环视
and just looked around everywhere,
那场面真的吓到我了…
and it actually scared me,
我想 “天啊 我得离开这里”
like, I actually was, like, “Man, I’m outta here.”
首先看到的是椅子飞来飞去
First thing, I see chairs flying,
还有保龄球瓶
bowling alley pins.
我朋友德伟恩说 “我们赶紧走吧 ”
My friend Dwayne was like, “Let’s go, let’s go!”
我们最终离开了那里
And somehow or another, we end up getting out of there.
我们上了一辆车走了
We all just got in the car and just went
因为很饿我们就去找了点吃的
and got something to eat ’cause we was hungry.
我记得我打电♥话♥给莫 对他说
I remember calling Mo and said,
“我刚才在保龄球馆 发生了这样的事情”
“Mo, I was at the bowling alley, and this is what happened.”
然后他就告诉我
And right then, he’d tell me
我摊上麻烦了
today, he knew I was in trouble.
他告诉我的那一刻
From the moment that he told me that,
我就知道问题很严重
I knew that there were going to be problems,
我知道我们需要一位律师
and I knew at that point that we needed a lawyer.
但我没有那么多钱 第二
I didn’t have a lot of money, and number two,
我们需要一位颇有声誉的辩护律师
I needed an attorney that was a household name.
我当时在汉普顿大学任教 赫布凯利
I was working at Hampton University, and Herb Kelly
是为那所大学工作的律师之一
was one of the attorneys that worked for the university.
我想如果有了赫布凯利律师
I thought that if I could get Herb Kelly,
这件事就可以轻松搞定
then this case could quickly go away.
但是很不幸
I was sadly mistaken.
有一天他告诉我 探员打电♥话♥
One day, he told me the detective called him
通知他 如果我不去拍照
and told him, if I didn’t come down there and take these pictures that night,
那晚他们就会到体育馆逮捕我
they was gonna arrest me off the floor of the coliseum,
因为那晚我们有比赛
’cause we had a game that night.
那场比赛是汉普顿对阵伯特利
That was a Hampton-Bethel game.
那场比赛出席的观众人数
That was a game that was going to be attended by more people
要比维吉尼亚州历来观看高中篮球赛的人数多得多
that had ever come to see a high school basketball game in the state of Virginia.
他想他们要来球馆抓我
And he was, like, they’re gonna come get me off the floor.
所以我和莫就去了警♥察♥局
So I go down there, me and Mo.
看着这些人的照片
I looked at the pictures of these guys.
我才十七岁 而他们都是二三十岁的人
I’m 17, these guys are 25 and 30 years old.
而且我还是个公众人物
Plus, people know who I am.
我说“如果我不照相 会怎样?”
I said, “Look, if I don’t take these pictures, what’s gonna happen?”
他们说会因此逮捕并指控我
And they said they was gonna arrest me and charge me with it.
我的律师也说“他们会逮捕你的 赶紧照相吧”
So, my lawyer, he said, “They’re gonna arrest you. Just take the picture.”
所以我就拍了照
So I took the picture.
他们等了八个月或更长时间
They waited, like, I think, eight months or maybe longer,
这样我就能以成年人的身份 接受审判了
just so they could try me as an adult.
我们非常乐观
We were pretty optimistic
以为真♥相♥终会浮出水面
that the truth was gonna come out and
这件事很快就会过去
put this thing behind us,
但在庭审第一天我就意识到
but it was that first day in court that led me to believe
事情远远没有结束
that this thing was far from over,
这些白人是不会善罢甘休的
that these white folks was not gonna allow this to be over.
第一次听证会
In the preliminary hearing,
我的律师质问探员
my lawyer asked the detective,
“你是否对他说过 如果不拍照
“Did you tell him, if he didn’t take these pictures,
就会逮捕他?”
you were going to arrest him?”
这位是首席探员

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!