“我家永远都会有你的房♥间”
“You’re gonna always have a room in my house.”
中间那扇窗里就是阿伦的房♥间
That middle window, that was Al’s room.
我们整晚坐在一起看橄榄球赛
We sat up together all night watching football games,
看篮球赛 吃爆米花 还看电影
watching basketball games, eating popcorn, watching movies,
我们一起做各种事
you know, doing stuff together.
莫也没多少钱
Mo just didn’t never have no money.
我父母一次会给我100美元
My dad and my mom would give me $100 at a time.
但如果我向莫要钱
I asked Mo for some money,
他只会给我5美元或10美元
it would be $5, $10,
最多也就是20美元
maybe $20 at the most.
在圣诞节
And Christmas time,
他通常会给我买♥♥衣服
he used to shop for my clothes.
天啊
Oh, man. It was just…
那是很艰难的
It was rough.
但他供我吃
But he would feed me.
他会带我去训练
He would take me to practice.
他会带我去上学
He would take me to school.
当老师要让我休学时 他还会去找他们说情
He would talk to my teachers when they was talking about suspending me.
他会去学校跟他们谈话
He would go to the school and talk to the people
确保学校会让我放学后留校
and make sure I got detention
而不要让我休学
instead of them suspending me.
我记得他的拥抱
I remember getting hugged,
我也记得
and then I remember
被他从汽车挡风玻璃 扔进去的情景
almost getting thrown through a car windshield
那次我旷课69天
when I missed 69 days at school.
他的学业几乎完全荒废了
He was just about to lose it all, academically.
莫说“我要让你知道 我对这件事有多认真”
Mo said, “I’m a show you how serious I am about this.”
他抓起我扔到车上时
When he grabbed me and threw me
我的第一反应是震惊
on the car, first of all, I was just shocked.
当时还有朋友在身边
And then you got your friends around, and it happened.
真的很没面子 很受伤
It’s embarrassing, and it hurts that much more.
我忽然领悟了
A light went off in my head,
明白他有多么认真
and I knew how serious he was
因为他之前从未对我如此恼怒
because he never got that mad at me.
他知道我情愿跟他一起穿过挡风玻璃
He knew that I was willing to go through that windshield with him,
让他明白我的用意
to help him get the message.
我感觉得到他很爱我
I felt that he loved me,
虽然他不是我的生父
and he wasn’t my blood.
我不会允许他沉沦堕落
I wasn’t going to allow him to fail.
我们的孩子们笑我们
Our kids laugh at us
还称之为阿伦圣殿
and call this the Allen shrine.
我们收集了他不同的摇头娃娃
We have our own collection of bobbleheads.
我们很荣幸能够受邀
We were lucky enough to be
参加他的MVP颁奖仪式
at his MVP ceremony for the NBA.
那是我们生命中最精彩的时刻
That was the highlight of our life.
艾弗森连中两个罚球
And Iverson cans both free throws.
麦克拜利正在边线外进行指导
You see Mike Bailey coaching from the sideline.
他是我的篮球教练
He was my basketball coach,
她是我的老师
and she was one of my teachers,
所以两边我都躲不过
so I couldn’t escape neither one.
我叫阿伦·艾弗森
My name’s Allen Iverson.
就读伯特利中学
I’m a member of High School.
他是那种爱耍宝的班级小丑
He was definitely the class clown kind of kid.
他会在巴士上唱歌♥ 但在课堂上是不会的
He was a kid that would sing on the bus. He was the kind of…But not in class.
他在教室里非常安静
He was quiet in class.
很有礼貌
Respectful.
但是跟同龄人在一起时
But you know, when he got with his peers,
他很爱开玩笑
he was a jokester.
他会唱歌♥
He was a singer.
他还会… 做阿伦该做的事
He was… He was Allen.
很多认识他的人
Most people who really knew him
都叫他查克宝哥或宝哥
way back when call him Bubba Chuck or Bubba.
有一次我管他叫宝比
I called him Bubby one time,
他说“贝丽老师 现在大家都叫我宝比了”
and he said, “Ms. Bailey, now you’ve got everybody in the world calling me Bubby.”
BUBBY(宝比)俚语 名词 指女性的胸部
“这可行不通”
“It just won’t work.”
在贝特利中学的日子 是我人生中最美好的时光
Bethel was one of the best times in my life.
我遇到了我最好的朋友 我的妻子
I met my best friend, my wife.
我对她一见钟情
For me that was, like, love at first sight.
她就是我梦寐以求的女孩
She was the girl that I always
我希望能伴随她走完一生
wanted to meet, and I wanted to be a part of her life.
我已经说过很多次
I’ve said this many, many times to people that,
当我真正明白 该如何教导阿伦时
when I really realized how to coach Allen was,
我才学会了用心执教
I learned how to coach with my heart,
不要试图对他用任何计谋和策略
not try to outmaneuver him, outsmart him,
因为那根本没用
because that was never gonna work.
艾弗森的完美快攻
Good hustle by Iverson.
老天 他太快了
Boy, he’s fast.
八年级时我在乙级球队打球 那个转变很轻松
I played JV in 8th grade, and that transition was easy.
我打进了很多球
I scored a lot.
我问麦克是否会让阿伦
I asked Mike if he was
以一年级生的身份打比赛
gonna play Allen as a freshman.
他一贯不会那样做 但他说
He didn’t usually do that kind of thing, and he said,
“如果规则允许 我会让他以八年级生的身份去打”
“I’d play him as an 8th grader if it were legal.”
我九年级时进阶乙级队
My 9th grade year going up to the varsity,
那年我的脚踝受伤了
I broke my ankle that year,
没有做到自己想要做的事
and I didn’t do what I wanted to do,
但是到了十年级
but once I got to 10th grade,
我在橄榄球和篮球方面
that’s when everything clicked,
都有了很大突破
football and basketball.
艾弗森总是让人难以捉摸
Iverson, always elusive,
他又躲开了一名阻截队员
gets away from another would-be tackler, and turns it on!
他还是想传球 球传出去了
Still wants to throw, now does,
他把球给了特雷尔 进入十码区了
and he’s got Terrell inside the 10!
他在全美一线球队 打四分卫和安全卫
He was first team all-state as a quarterback and safety
并且是全州最佳球员
and the best player in the state.
球触地弹起 艾弗森拿到球
Iverson will take it on the one hop,
他想从边线进攻 他做到了
trying to get a block on the sideline, and he does.
他到达了边线 有人前来阻挡
He’s down the sideline looking for one block.
他没问题的
He may go! He will!
他打四分卫
Oh! He played quarterback,
跑动弃踢
ran back punts,
跑动开球 防守方面也很棒
ran back kickoffs and played in the defensive backfield.
如果不是阿伦·艾弗森的话
And if it wasn’t for Allen Iverson,
这球不会触地得分
it would’ve been a touchdown.
他是我见过最好的橄榄球运动员
He’s the best football player I’ve ever seen play the game.
双方都无球权
A loose ball inside.
艾弗森从格林手中抢到球
Green has it stolen by Iverson.
没有人防守艾弗森…
Iverson, with nobody there…
观众都沸腾了
Look at the crowd!
人们会排队几小时
People would stand in line for hours
只为买♥♥票看他打球
to get to see him play.
查克宝哥
Bubba-Chuck, and a trade.
他像是踩在冰上一样
He looks like he’s on ice!
他在滑行
He just glides in there. Oh!
抢断球 留神
Stolen! Look out, Fox!
表演时间
Oh! Showtime!
当我开始在国内声名鹊起时 看着那些杂♥志♥对我的报导
Once I started getting national notoriety, that felt good too, just,
看到自己在全国排名第一 那种感觉真不赖
looking in those magazines and seeing myself at number one in the country.
艾弗森在赤♥裸♥裸的假传进攻
This is Iverson on the naked bootleg.
角落争夺战
Racing for the corner…
触地得分
Touchdown!
在我大三那年 我们赢得了州际橄榄球比赛
My junior year, we won the state in football
也赢得了篮球比赛
and won it in basketball.
高球…扣篮
The lob… Slam dunk!
空中接力
The alley-oop! It’s over!
比赛结束了
It’s over!
1993年赢得州际冠军赛后
Right after the state championship in 1993,
阿伦向我跑来 我也向他跑去
Allen comes running, and I come running.
我说“我爱你 阿伦”
I say, “I love you, Allen.”
他说“我爱你 教练”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!