丹佛掘金队总教练 乔治·卡尔
了解团队 并拥有很好的领导能力
understands team, has good leadership skills.
-一 二 三 丹佛掘金队加油 –开工
-One, two, three. -Nuggets!
我只想集中精力
I’m just looking forward to be able to just concentrate
赢得总冠军
solely on trying to win a championship,
我想要马上夺冠
and I want to win right now.
3号♥ 答案 阿伦·艾弗森
Number three, The Answer, Allen Iverson!
我明显感到丹佛
I clearly felt Denver would be the place
将是让一切尘埃落定的地方
that it would all conclude.
阿伦将会赢得世界冠军 然后某一天退役后
Allen would win a world championship, one day retire,
与家人在一起 尽享天伦之乐
raise his family and live happily ever after,
但事实并非如此
but that wasn’t the case.
丹佛掘金队决定
Denver had decided
不再跟艾弗森续签合约
that they would not offer Allen an extension.
是他没有把球队带好吗?
Does that make the team bad?
不 这只不过是生意而已
No, that’s business,
但如果我们了解更多这其中的商业因素
but had we known more about the business part
故事或许会呈现出完全不同的结局
of the game, I think that this story would have turned out a whole lot differently.
2008年11月3日
阿伦·艾弗森是篮球史上的最佳得分手之一
Allen Iverson, one of the game’s best scorers in history,
他将去到底特律活塞队
is headed to Detroit.
他去了底特律活塞队
He goes to Detroit.
却被告知
He was told that
只能坐在替补席
he would never be asked to come off the bench
就因为他是艾弗森
because of who he was.
他们并不是跟他商量 而是直接通知他而已
They didn’t go there suggesting that. He was told that.
由于背部伤痛
Allen Iverson not playing
阿伦·艾弗森已经连续三场比赛没有上场了
for the third straight game because of a back issue.
当他复原后就会上场
When, if he comes back, he’s coming off the bench.
他坐得惯冷板凳吗?
How well can he handle that role?
我从没见过核心球员坐冷板凳
I don’t know any franchise players that come off their own bench.
我没见过奥♥运♥选手坐冷板凳
I don’t know of any Olympian that come off the bench.
没见过全明星球员坐冷板凳
I don’t know any all-star that come off the bench.
没见过前最有价值球员坐冷板凳
I don’t know any former MVP that come off the bench.
没见过三届得分王坐冷板凳
I don’t know any 3-time scoring champion come off the bench.
没见过一阵球员坐冷板凳
I mean, I don’t know any first team All-NBA that come off the bench.
为什么艾弗森就要坐冷板凳?
Why Allen Iverson?
2009年9月10日
阿伦·艾弗森在孟菲斯市受到了英雄般的欢迎
It was a hero’s welcome for Allen Iverson in Memphis.
我觉得这对于我 和我的职业生涯来说
I just felt that this would be the best situation for me
是最好的局面
in my career.
本赛季只打了三场比赛
Just three games into the season,
艾弗森不愿坐在孟菲斯灰熊队的替补席
unhappy coming off the bench for the lowly Grizzlies.
他申请并被准予休假
Iverson asks for and is granted a leave of absence.
最终被灰熊队裁掉
Waived by the Grizzlies,
这位联盟中史上排名第六的头号♥得分手
the league’s 6th all-time leading scorer in points per
正在另谋他职
game is left looking for work.
大家看这里
Everybody this way.
转过身来 小男子汉
Turn around, little man.
好极了
That’s great right there.
就那样
I love that.
篮球带给我很多
Basketball has done so much for me.
让我可以供养整个家庭
It helped me provide for my family,
让我的名字家喻户晓
made me a household name,
但成为自♥由♥球员 却令我倍感困惑
but I got frustrated with the process of being a free agent.
每次上帝掀开我的眼睛
Every time God opened my eyes,
我从梦中醒来并问道 “有什么新进展吗?”
I was waking up and asking, like, what’s going on?
“有电♥话♥打来吗?”
Like, you know, “We get any calls?”
“今天还没有”
“No, no calls today,” you know,
这太折磨人了
and it was wearing at me,
我几乎要被折磨死了
like, it was actually killing me
因为我每天早晨醒来 每一天早晨
’cause I’m waking up every morning, you know,
都希望能有电♥话♥打来
thinking about that, like, every single morning.
在休赛期 艾弗森基本没有市场
There was virtually zero market for Iverson this off-season.
玉米垄发型 头巾 纹身
The corn rows, the do-rags, the tattoos.
当你成为文化偶像
When you’re becoming a cultural icon,
很多人会眼红
you’re making a lot of people upset,
很多人自然会等不及 想要看到你狠狠地摔下来
and a lot of people can’t wait for you to fall down,
然后从你身上跨过
so now they can step over you.
我很沮丧
I’m frustrated,
我妻子也会
so if I’m frustrated,
因为我沮丧而变得沮丧
then obviously my wife is frustrated
因为她必须要面对我的沮丧
because she have to deal with me being frustrated, you know.
我的孩子们也会很沮丧
My kids frustrated because, you know,
因为我对他们
the things that they usually get away with,
不再像以前那样宽容
can’t get away with them no more.
我会不由自主地呵斥他们
I just snap automatically, you know.
“爸爸为什么你这么生气?”
“Daddy, why you so mad?
我并不是生气
Why you so mad?” I’m not mad,
而是当时的处境令我失控
you know, but this is the situation, whatever.
这对他们很不公平 因为
And I wasn’t being fair to them, ’cause I was taking
我把自己的怨气 发泄在最爱我的人身上
my frustrations out on the people that love me more than anybody.
正是那些沮丧情绪
So, that frustration led me
让我考虑到了退役
to the retirement thing.
据国内知名电台主持人
Nationally syndicated radio host
《费城询问报》的专栏记者 史蒂芬史密斯报导
and “Philadelphia Inquirer” columnist Stephen A. Smith reporting he’s been told by
阿伦·艾弗森的代理人向他透露
Allen Iverson’s representatives
艾弗森决定从NBA退役
that Iverson intends to retire from the NBA.
让我亲亲你
I gotta kiss you.
我心想
I thought to myself, “Man,
每天我都可以跟孩子在一起
I can do anything that I want
做任何想做的事
“to do with my kids every single day, not leave
不用一离开就是好几星期 不用再因为想念他们而失落
“for weeks at a time and be frustrated because I miss them so much.”
我得去给他买♥♥个篮球
Man, look. I need to take him to get him
他快把我逼疯了
a basketball, ’cause he’s driving me crazy.
-多少钱? -12块
-How much are they? -Twelve bucks.
-12美元? -是的
-Twelve dollars? -Yep.
我钱不够
I need some money.
我在想
I’m thinking to myself,
就这样当个全职丈夫和父亲
I can be happy as hell If I just leave this alone
我一样会很开心
and be a full-time, 24/7 husband and father.
我想亲亲你
I’d like to kiss you.
但当这个机会来临时
But then, when this opportunity
我妻子第一个站出来鼓励我
came, the first one was my wife,
她说“你应该抓住这个机会”
and she said, “You gotta take that opportunity.”
2009年12月2日
阿伦·艾弗森 职业生涯的大部分时间…
Allen Iverson has spent the bulk of his career…
他的身份认证 就是费城76人的一员
His identity was Philadelphia 76ers.
他们需要艾弗森 而艾弗森也需要他们
They need Allen Iverson, and Allen Iverson needs them.
他回到费城 想要重头再来
He goes back to Philly, trying to recover,
他唯一的武器
and the only tools that he had
就是他对比赛的热情
was his passion for the game.
当我有机会…
You know, when I had the opportunity to…
回到这里…
When I had the opportunity to come back here,
我完全…
you know, it’s just something
无法拒绝
I couldn’t turn down.
我真的…
I’m just…
我真的…
I’m just ha…
我真的很高兴
I’m just happy.
过去的几年令我生不如死
The last couple of years have been hell because,
我只想要好好打篮球
you know, all I want to do is play basketball,
只想帮助我身边的队友
and, you know, help the guys that I play with.
我曾经犯下的错
With the mistakes that I made in my life, you know,
我营造出的形象
I created a picture of me
并不是真的我
that is not me.
我年轻时做过许多
You know, I did a lot of things when I was young
让自己难堪的事
that I’m not proud of,
但也正是那些事
but I think, you know,
帮助我成长为 现在这个成熟的男人
those things helped me to be the man that I am now.
阿伦·艾弗森
Allen Iverson!
我一直梦想能够回到费城
I always dreamed about coming back to Philadelphia.
承蒙上帝保佑
It was a blessing from God, you know,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!