That’s it?
就这样
That’s it. But it don’t hurt if you can play guitar.
就这样 但是你会弹吉他 也无伤大雅
Don’t mess with the kid’s mind,
别给他灌输这些歪理邪说
he’s already screwed up enough as it is.
他已经够操蛋的了
Why are you so screwed, kid?
你为什么这么操蛋 小子
Mind your own business, Humble.
别管闲事 亨布尔
That’s cool.
好吧
But you should know, Craig,
但是你要知道 克雷格
if you don’t open up, you’re never going to heal.
如果你不敞开心扉 你永远不会痊愈
Hey, what’s the pot up to now?
攒了多少钱了
Eleven. Eleven?
十一块 十一块
Yesterday, it was 12.
昨天还是十二的
Humble ate a buck.
亨布尔吃了一美元
Humble ate a buck?
亨布尔吃了一美元
The professor bet him a dollar, he wouldn’t eat it. He won.
主任医师跟他赌一美元 他不会吃下去 他赢了
What is the world coming to?
这是个什么世界啊
Bunch of nut jobs in here, I’ll tell you that.
我告诉你 这儿有大把不务正业的人
What’s the money for?
钱是干吗的
Pizza party.
披萨派对
So we don’t have to eat this crap.
我们就不必吃这些垃圾了
They say we can have one, but we gotta pay for it ourselves.
他们同意了 但是要自己拿钱
Well, I have eight dollars.
我有八美元
Well, you don’t have to go bragging about it, Craig.
你没必要这么显摆 克雷格
People in here have nothing.
这儿的人都是一无所有
Show a little humility, please.
给他们点面子 好吗
No. I didn’t mean… It’s…
不… 我不是想…
It’s okay. You’re young, you’ll learn.
没关系 你还年轻 有时间来学习
Craig. You get two points for eating, man.
克雷格 吃饭给你增加了两个积分 老弟
I bet Smitty’s got 15 bucks on him.
我打赌史密蒂身上有15美元
And he’s got a 20 spot. I saw it.
他还有20美元 我看见了
Let’s go jump him in the parking lot.
我们去停车场偷袭他
It’s under the hat.
钱藏在帽子底下
It’s under the hat?
钱藏在帽子底下
Sorry.
抱歉
Check.
明白
So, Craig, how are you adjusting to 3 North?
克雷格 在三楼北区还适应吗
Okay, I guess.
还行吧
Dr. Mahmoud wrote that you were taking Zoloft,
穆♥罕♥默♥德♥医生写道 你一直服用左洛复
but went off it three weeks ago. Is that right?
但是三周前停用了 是吗
Yeah.
是的
Do you see a therapist?
你在看精神科医生吗
Dr. Yanof was the one who prescribed me the Zoloft.
耶纳夫医生让我服用左洛复的
I see her every, you know, month or so.
我基本上每月都接受她的治疗
Why did you stop taking it?
为什么停止服用了
I guess I thought I was better. Like I didn’t need it.
可能是觉得自己好多了 不再需要服用了
Maybe that’s because it was working.
也许这正是药起了作用
Can you describe to me how you were feeling before coming here this morning?
你能向我描述一下你来之前的感觉吗
I guess, depressed.
压抑
Anxious, stressed.
焦虑 紧张
Have you been feeling more stress than usual lately?
你觉得最近的压力比平常要大吗
Any reason in particular?
有什么特殊原因吗
Yeah. There’s this Franklin Gates Summer Semester thing
有一所富兰克林·盖茨暑期学校
that my dad…
是我爸…
Well, that I really want to get into.
嗯 是我很想去的
But the application is due in a week
但是申请截止时间只有一周了
and I haven’t even looked at it.
而我甚至都没有仔细考虑这件事
Why not?
为什么没有
Every time I think about it,
每次我一想到它
my brain starts this cycling thing about not getting in.
我的大脑就产生了录取不了的想法
What would happen if you didn’t get in?
如果你没被录取上会发生什么
Then I wouldn’t be able to put it on my college applications.
那我就不能把它填到我的大学申请上了
Which means I wouldn’t get into a good college.
也就是说我上不了好大学了
But not even Adam Smith could have foreseen the inequities of modern capitalism.
但是连亚当斯密都预知不了现代资本主义的不公平待遇
If I didn’t get into a good college, I wouldn’t have a good job.
如果我上不了好大学 就找不到好工作
Diffusing the situation in Iran through unilateral diplomacy
通过单边主义控制伊朗的局势
is my top priority as Commander in Chief.
是我作为总司令的首要目标
Which means I wouldn’t be able to afford a good lifestyle.
也就是说我过不了上流生活
Hey, MTV. It’s your boy, Craig Gilner.
MTV 我是你们的偶像 克雷格·吉尔诺
Welcome to my crib.
欢迎来到我的小窝
So I wouldn’t be able to find a girlfriend.
我就找不到女朋友
Which means I’d probably get depressed.
也就是说我可能换上抑郁症
And I’d end up like Muqtada in a place like this for the rest of my life.
然后像穆塔达一样在这里度过自己的余生
So, what would happen if I didn’t get in?
所以 如果我没被录取会发生什么
I don’t know. It’s hard to explain.
我不知道 一言难尽
Do you have anyone you can explain it to? Friends? Family?
你有可以倾诉的对象吗 朋友 家人
I have friends and family, but it’s not always easy.
我有朋友和家人 但有时候你很难向他们说清楚
It’s important to have a support system.
有个支持你的人是很重要的
People you can really talk to.
一个你能为之倾诉的人
Have you been having any other symptoms?
还有什么其他的病状吗
I have trouble eating. I can’t keep it down.
我的饮食有点问题 我控制不了
All right.
好吧
You’ll start group activities tomorrow,
你从明天开始参加小组活动
we’ll check in again on Tuesday.
我们周二再进行复查
You have any questions?
有什么问题吗
Yes.

If I’m feeling better, do you think I can get out of here by tomorrow?
如果我感觉好多了 我明天能离开这里吗
Because I have school and this application and…
因为我还要上学而且这些申请和…
Five days, Craig. Minimum.
五天 克雷格 最少五天
I know this seems like a strange place at first,
我知道这里一开始看起来很奇怪
but try to make the most of it.
但是你要尽量适应
It’s Monday.
今天是周一
I shouldn’t be waking up next to some depressive middle-aged Egyptian dude.
我不应该在一个抑郁的埃及中年大叔旁边醒来
I shouldn’t be showering on a co-ed floor in a stall without a lock.
我不应该在一个男女混住楼层的没有锁的淋浴室里洗澡
I shouldn’t be lining up for meds behind schizophrenics and sociopaths.
我不应该在一堆精神分♥裂♥患者和病态者后面排队等着吃药
It’s Monday, I should be in school.
这可是周一 我应该在学校上课
But I guess that’s what got me here in the first place.
但我猜那(学校压力)也是导致我来这里的原因
When my parents went to school,
我父母上学的时候
they just went to the one closest to their house.
他们会去离家最近的一所学校
Makes sense, right?
很有道理 是吧
A lot of places are still like this.
现在很多地方还是这样
Cleveland, probably Denver.
克里夫兰 或许丹佛
But not New York.
但不是纽约
You’ve got schools for science geeks like…
这里有适合科学天才的学校 比如…
Bronx High School of Science.
布朗克斯科技高中
Schools for thespians.
培养戏剧演员的学校
The LaGuardia School for the Performing Arts.
拉瓜迪亚高中 表演艺术的殿堂
Schools for do-gooders.
适合改良派的学校
El Puente Academy for Peace and Justice.
埃尔蓬特学院 为了正义与和平
But the most competitive of all New York City public schools is this one.
但是纽约所有公立学校中最具竞争力的是这一所
Executive Pre-Professional.
预科先修学校
My school.
我的学校
This billionaire philanthropist named Gerard Lutz
这个亿万富翁慈善家叫做热拉尔卢茨
set it up in conjunction with the public school system.
以公立学校的制度建立了这所学校
So it’s not some private school for elite Upper-East-Siders.
所以这不是什么上东区精英去的私立学校
You can be on welfare and food stamps,
不管你是靠政♥府♥救济生活的
or your parents can own an island in the South Pacific.
还是你父母拥有一座南太平洋的小岛
It doesn’t matter.
这都无关紧要
You’ll be accepted as long as you’re one of the 800
只要你是全纽约前800名最聪明
smartest and most accomplished students in the five boroughs.
最多才的学生 他们就会接收你
Like these kids here.
像这些学生
There must have been a serious clerical error, because somehow…
这肯定是个严重的错误 因为不知为何…
I got in.
我被录取了
Me, too. Me, too.
我也是 我也是
You, too? You, too?
你也是 你也是
That’s my best friend, Aaron, getting flirt-punched by Nia for the first time.
这是我最好的朋友 埃伦 第一次挨尼娅的调情拳
There were many more of those.
之后发生了很多次
Followed by hand-holding, kissing and eventually, sex.
接下来就是手拉手 亲吻 最终就是 做♥爱♥
I don’t like to picture that one.
我不想幻想这个场景
What I would give to be flirt-punched by Nia just once.
我好想挨一次尼娅的调情拳
And so it began…
这就开始了…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!