and the next day and next year and the year after that.
还有后天 明年 后年
I’m shaking the dust of this crummy little town off my feet,
我要离开这个邋遢的小镇
and I’m gonna see the world!
我要去闯荡世界!
Italy, Greece, the Parthenon, the Coliseum.
去意大利 看希腊帕德农神庙和斗兽场…
Then I’m coming back here and go to college to see what they know.
然后回来这里 上大学学习
And then I’m gonna build things.
然后开始展露拳脚 大搞建设
I’m gonna build airfields.
我要建飞机场
I’m gonna build skyscrapers 100 stories high.
盖百层摩天楼
I’m gonna build bridges a mile long.
搭一英里长的桥
What, are you gonna throw a rock?
怎么 你也要扔石头?
Hey, that’s pretty good.
扔得挺漂亮的
What did you wish, Mary?
玛丽 你许了什么愿?
Buffalo gals can’t you come out tonight?
水牛城姑娘 今晚可否出来?
Can’t you come out tonight?
今晚可否出来?
Can’t you come out tonight?
今晚可否出来?
Buffalo gals, can’t you come out tonight
水牛城姑娘 今晚可否出来?
And
和我…
Dance by the light of the moon?
在这皎洁月色下共舞一曲?
What did you wish when you threw that rock?
刚才你扔石头许了什么愿?
Oh, no. Come on, tell me.
不告诉你 快告诉我吧
If I told you, it might not come true.
告诉你的话就不灵了
What is it you want, Mary?
玛丽 你想要什么?
What do you want? You want the moon?
你想要什么? 天上的月亮吗?
Just say the word, and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.
只要你说要 我就甩个套把月亮摘给你
Hey, that’s a pretty good idea. I’ll give you the moon, Mary.
这主意不错 我要摘月亮给你 玛丽
I’ll take it.
那我要了
Then what?
然后呢?
Well, then you could swallow it, and it would all dissolve, see?
然后你吞下月亮 它慢慢融化
And the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes
你的指尖和发丝
and the ends of your hair.
享受月光浴
Am I talking too much? Yes!
我是不是说太多了? 没错!
Why don’t you kiss her instead of talking her to death?
还继续唠叨什么? 吻她啦
How’s that?
你说什么?
Why don’t you kiss her instead of talking her to death?
不要再唠叨了 快吻她
You want me to kiss her, huh?
你要我亲她 是吧?
Youth is wasted on the wrong people.
年轻人只会浪费青春
Hey. Hey, hold on, hey, mister. Come on back out here!
等等 你快出来!
I’ll show you some kissing
我就亲给你看
that’ll put hair back on your head. What are you…
保管让你秃头回春…
Mary?
玛丽?
Okay, I give up. Where are you?
好了 我认输了 你在哪?
Over here in the hydrangea bushes.
我在这儿 绣球花丛里
Here you are. Catch.
给你 接着…
Wait a minute. What am I doing?
等等 我在干什么?
This is a very interesting situation.
这可真有意思
Please give me my robe.
我要我的长袍
A man doesn’t get in a situation like this every day.
这种奇遇可不是天天都能遇上的
I’d like to have my robe.
快把袍子给我
Not in Bedford Falls, anyway.
至少在贝福德·福斯镇不能天天碰到
Ouch! Oh! Gesundheit.
祝你健康
George Bailey! This requires a little thought here.
乔治·贝利! 这可得让我想一想
Give me my robe.
把我的袍子给我
I’ve read about things like this, but I’ve never…
这种情节我有读过 可倒是从没遇…
Shame on you! I’m gonna tell your mother on you.
不知羞耻! 我要跟你妈告状去!
My mother’s way up on the corner there.
要找我妈得先走过那个街角
I’ll call the police.
我要叫警♥察♥了
They’re way downtown. They’d be on my side, too.
警♥察♥都在闹市区 况且他们也会站在我这边的
Then I’m going to scream!
那…那我要尖叫了!
Maybe I could sell tickets.
兴许我可以卖♥♥票让人参观呢
Let’s see. No, the point is
可现在问题是
in order to get this robe… I’ve got it.
想得到这袍子…袍子在我手上
I’ll make a deal with you, Mary.
玛丽 你就得答应我的条件
George! George!
乔治…!
George, come on home! Quick!
乔治 快回家! 快!
Your father’s had a stroke. What?
你♥爸♥爸犯心脏病了 什么?
Mary, Mary, I’m sorry. I’ve got to go. Come on, George, let’s hurry.
玛丽 很抱歉 我得走了 快点 乔治!
Did you get a doctor? Yes.
你叫医生了没? 叫了
Campbell’s there now.
坎贝尔现在在那儿了
I think that’s all we’ll need you for, George.
谢谢你乔治 你可以走了
I know you’re anxious to make a train. I have a taxi waiting downstairs.
我知道你急着赶火车 出租车正在楼下等我
I want the board to know that
各位董事 这几个月来
George gave up his trip to Europe
乔治为了打理公♥司♥的事务
to help straighten things out here these past few months.
放弃了他的欧洲之旅
Good luck to you at school, George.
乔治 祝你学业有成
Good luck, George. Goodbye, George.
乔治 祝你好运 乔治 再见
And now we come to the real purpose of this meeting,
现在我们转入这次会议的正题
to appoint a successor
那就是选位继任者
to our dear friend Peter Bailey.
接替我们好友彼得·贝利的职务
Mr. Chairman, I’d like to get to my real purpose.
会长 我想谈谈个人看法
Wait just a minute now. Wait for what?
等一下 等什么?
I claim this institution is not necessary to this town.
这个镇根本不需要这间公♥司♥
Therefore, Mr. Chairman, I make a motion to dissolve this institution
因此 会长 我提议解散它
and turn its assets and liabilities over to the receiver.
将资产和债务转给接管人
Potter, you dirty, contemptible… I’ll wring his neck.
波特 你个卑鄙无♥耻♥的… 看我不掐死你
George, did you hear what that buzzard…
乔治 你听那个贪婪鬼都说了些什么…
Mr. Chairman.
会长…
It’s too soon after Peter Bailey’s death
彼得·贝利尸骨未寒
to talk about chloroforming the Building and Loan.
我们便讨论解散公♥司♥ 未免过早了
Peter Bailey died three months ago.
彼得·贝利死了都三个月了
I second Mr. Potter’s motion.
我赞成波特先生的提议
Very well. In that case,
好 那样的话
I’ll ask the two executive officers to withdraw.
我得麻烦两位执行官先行回避
But before you go,
但在此之前
I’m sure the whole board wishes to express its deep sorrow
我谨代表董事会 对彼得·贝利先生的去世
at the passing of Peter Bailey. Thank you very much.
深表哀悼 非常感谢
It was his faith and devotion
他的信念和奉献
that are responsible for this organization.
创建并支撑着这家公♥司♥
I’ll go further than that.
不仅如此
I’ll say that to the public Peter Bailey was the Building and Loan.
对外而言 彼得·贝利就是建房♥贷款合作公♥司♥
That’s fine, Potter, coming from you,
波特 你还好意思那样说
considering that you probably drove him to his grave.
不就是你害他心力交瘁 撒手西去的吗?
Peter Bailey was not a businessman.
彼得·贝利没生意头脑
That’s what killed him.
是这个要了他的命
Oh, I don’t mean any disrespect to him. God rest his soul.
我没任何对他不敬的意思 上帝保佑他安息吧
He was a man of high ideals, so called.
他是个有所谓远大理想的人
But ideals without common sense can ruin this town.
但不切实际的空想会毁了这个小镇…
Now, you take this loan here to Ernie Bishop,
就比如这笔借给厄尼·毕舍普的贷款
you know, that fellow that sits around all day
那家伙整天闲坐…
on his brains in his taxi, you know.
在他的出租车里幻想
I happen to know the bank turned down this loan.
我碰巧得知银行拒绝贷款给他
But he comes here,
但他找到这里…
and we’re building him a house worth $5,000.
我们就答应给他建座价值5千美金的房♥子
Why? Well, I handled that, Mr. Potter.
这是为什么? 这项业务是我经手的 波特先生
You have all the papers there. His salary, insurance.
所有的文件一应俱全 他的收入情况和保险单据
I can personally vouch for his character.
我愿担♥保♥他的为人
A friend of yours? Yes, sir.
他是你朋友? 是的 波特先生
You see, if you shoot pool with some employee here,
看来 只要和这里的员工有交情
you can come and borrow money.
就能来借钱了
What does that get us?
这又会带来什么呢?
A discontented, lazy rabble
一群满腹牢骚的粗人 懒鬼
instead of a thrifty working class.
而不是勤俭的工人
And all because a few starry eyed dreamers
这全因为一些像彼得·贝利那样的空想家
like Peter Bailey stir them up and fill their heads
给他们灌输
with a lot of impossible ideas.
很多不切实际的幻想
Now, I say…
我要说的是…
Just a minute. Just a minute. Now, hold on, Mr. Potter.
等一等 波特先生
You’re right when you say my father was no businessman. I know that.
你说我父亲没生意头脑 这点没错
Why he ever started this cheap penny ante Building and Loan
他究竟因什么而创建这间小破公♥司♥
I’ll never know.
我大概永远也想不通
But neither you nor anybody else can say anything against his character,
但你或任何人 就是不能侮辱他的人格