And I’m gonna have a couple of harems and maybe three or four wives.
我将妻妾成群 讨个三四房♥老婆
Wait and see.
等着瞧吧
George. George! Yes, sir?
乔治… 在 先生
You’re not paid to be a canary.
我可不是请你来哼小曲的
No, sir.
是 先生
Mr. Gower, do you want something? Anything?
高尔先生 您有什么需要吗?
No.
没有
Anything I can do back here? No.
要我帮忙吗? 不用
I’ll get them, sir.
我来捡 先生
Quick, take those capsules over to Mrs. Blaine.
快把这些胶囊送到布莱恩夫人家
She’s waiting for them.
她正等着用
Yes, sir.
是 先生
They have the diphtheria there, haven’t they, sir?
她的家人得了白喉病吗?
Yeah.
是的
Is it a charge, sir?
一定要去吗 先生?
Yes, George.
是的 乔治
Mr. Gower, I…
高尔先生 我…
Oh, get going. Yes, sir.
快去 是 先生
Avast there, Captain Cook. Where you heading?
等一下 “虎克船长” 你这是要去哪?
I’ve got to see Pop, Uncle Billy.
我找爸爸有事 比利叔叔
Some other time, George.
现在不行 乔治
It’s important. There’s a squall in there.
我有要紧事 里面正”刮风下雨”呢
It’s shaping up into a storm.
你♥爸♥正跟人唇枪舌战
Uncle Billy, telephone. Who is it?
比利叔叔 电♥话♥ 谁打来的?
Bank examiner. Bank examiner?
银行的查核员 银行查核员?
I should have called him yesterday.
本该昨天就给他电♥话♥的
Switch it inside.
接进来
I’m not crying, Mr. Potter.
我并非走投无路了 波特先生
Well, you’re begging. That’s a whole lot worse.
比这更糟 你是在摇尾乞怜央求我
All I’m asking for is 30 days more.
我只是要求再宽限30天而已
Pop. Just a minute, Son.
爸爸 等一下 儿子
Just 30 short days. I’ll dig up that $5,000 somehow.
30天后我一定想办法 凑齐那五千块钱
Shove me up, shove me up. Pop.
往前推一点 爸
Just a minute. Have you put any real pressure
等会再说 那些抵押贷款
on these people of yours to pay those mortgages?
你有真正去催讨过吗?
Times are bad, Mr. Potter. A lot of these people are out of work.
现在市道不景气 波特先生 很多人都失业了
Well, then, foreclose.
那就没收他们的抵押品
I can’t do that. These families have children.
我不能这样 他们还要养家糊口的
Pop. They’re not my children.
爸… 跟我有何关系?
But they’re somebody’s children, Mr. Potter.
有时候要将心比心 波特先生
Are you running a business or a charity ward?
你是在做生意还是在开善堂?
Well, all right… Not with my money.
但是… 别拿我的钱来慷慨他人
Mr. Potter, what makes you such a hard skulled character?
波特先生 你的心肠怎么这么硬呢?
You have no family, no children.
你无亲无子
You can’t begin to spend all the money you’ve got.
一个人根本用不了那么多财富
I suppose I should give it to miserable failures
就算是把钱带到棺材里
like you and that idiot brother of yours to spend for me.
我也不会让你们傻哥俩 占分文便宜
He’s not a failure!
他才不傻!
You can’t say that about my father. George, George. Quiet, George.
你不能这样说我父亲 乔治 别说了
You’re not. You’re the biggest man in town…
你才不傻 你是镇上最了不起的人
Run along, run along. …bigger than him,
你先出去 比他强多了
bigger than everybody. Gives you an idea of the Baileys.
比所有人都强 好个父子情深
Don’t let him say that about you, Pop.
别让他再侮辱你了 爸爸
All right, Son. All right. Thanks.
好的 儿子 谢谢你
I’ll talk to you tonight.
我今晚再跟你谈
What?
什么?
Why, that medicine should have been there an hour ago.
那些药一小时前就该送到府上了
It will be over in five minutes, Mrs. Blaine.
5分钟内一定送到 布莱恩夫人
Where’s Mrs. Blaine’s box of capsules?
布莱恩太太的那些胶囊呢?
I… You…
我…你…
Didn’t you hear what I said?
你没听清我的话吗?
Yes, sir. I…
听清了 先生…
What kind of tricks are you playing anyway?
你到底想耍什么花招?
Why didn’t you deliver them right away?
为什么不马上把药送去?
Don’t you know that boy’s very sick?
你难道不知道她家的孩子病得很重吗?
You’re hurting my sore ear.
别打我的伤耳
You lazy loafer.
你个懒鬼
Mr. Gower, you don’t know what you’re doing.
高尔先生 你还不知道自己做了什么
You put something wrong in those capsules.
你往胶囊里灌错了药
I know you’re unhappy.
我知道你很难过
You got the telegram, and you’re upset.
你儿子的讣告电报令你伤心欲绝
You put something bad in those capsules.
你在胶囊中灌错了药
It wasn’t your fault, Mr. Gower.
这不是你的错 高尔先生
Just look and see what you did.
你自己看吧
The bottle you took the powder from, it’s poison.
你刚才往胶囊里灌错了药
I tell you, it’s poison.
那是毒药来的
I know you feel bad.
我知道你很难过
Oh! Don’t hurt my sore ear again!
别再打我的伤耳了
Don’t hurt my sore ear again. Oh, no, no. Oh, George, George.
别再打我的伤耳 哦 乔治…
Oh, Mr. Gower, I won’t ever tell anyone.
高尔先生 这件事我会守口如瓶的
I know how you’re feeling.
我理解你的心情
I won’t ever tell a soul. Hope to die, I won’t.
我绝不会说出去的 我发誓
Oh, George. George.
乔治…
An overnight bag. Genuine English cowhide.
旅行箱 正宗英国牛皮
Combination lock.
配有密♥码♥锁
Fitted up with brushes, combs… Nope, nope, nope, nope.
大小物件都能放 不
Now, look, Joe. Now, look.
听我说 乔
I want a big one.
我想要个大箱子
What did you stop it for?
怎么停下来了?
I want you to take a good look at that face.
我要你好好看看这张脸
Who is it?
这是谁?
George Bailey.
乔治·贝利
Oh, you mean the kid that had his ears slapped back by the druggist?
那个被药剂师扇耳光的小男孩?
That’s the kid.
就是他
It’s a good face. I like it.
长得挺帅气 我喜欢
I like George Bailey.
我喜欢这家伙
Tell me, did he ever tell anyone about the pills?
对了 灌错药的事他跟别人说了吗?
Not a soul.
一个人都没说
Did he ever marry the girl? Did he ever go exploring?
他和那个女孩结婚了吗? 他有出去历险吗?
Well, wait and see.
接着往下看吧
Big, see? I don’t want one for one night.
得要个大箱子 我可不是去一日游的
I want something for 1,001 nights
我是要去环游探险的
with plenty of room here for labels from Italy and Baghdad, Samarkand.
我将前往意大利 巴格达 撒马尔罕
Great big thing, about…
箱子大概要…
I see. A flying carpet, huh? Yeah.
明白了 你是想要条飞毯对吧? 没错
I don’t suppose you’d like this old secondhand job, would you?
不知这个二手货能否入你法眼?
Now you’re talking.
这还差不多
Gee whiz, I could use that as a raft in case the boat sunk.
遇到海难时还能用来当救生筏
How much this cost? No charge.
这箱子多少钱? 不用钱
That’s my trick ear, Joe. It sounded like you said “no charge.”
我这只耳朵不灵光 你好像说不用钱
That’s right.
是的
Well, what’s my name doing on it?
我的名字怎么会在上面?
A little present from old man Gower.
这是高尔老爹送你的礼物
Came down and picked it out himself.
他亲自挑的
He did? What do you know about that? My old boss. Isn’t that nice?
是嘛? 他可是我的老雇主呢 真不错
What boat are you sailing on?
你打算搭乘什么船出行?
I’m working across on a cattle boat.
我搭运牛船走
A cattle boat? Okay, I like cows.
运牛船? 没错 我喜欢牛
Hello, Mr. Gower. How are you?
你好 高尔先生
Thanks ever so much for the baggage. It’s just exactly what I wanted.
谢谢你送的行李箱 正合我意
Forget it.
甭客气
It’s wonderful of you to think of me. Hope you enjoy it.
谢谢你还这么想着我 希望你喜欢
I wish I had a million dollars.
保佑我成为百万富翁
Hot dog!
好耶!
Avast there, Captain Cook!
等一下 “虎克船长”
You got your sea legs yet? Parlez vous francais, mister?
你不会晕船吧? 给我们带些法国货回来
Hey, send us some of those picture postcards, will you, George?
别忘了给我们寄明信片 乔治
Hey, George, don’t take any plug nickels.
乔治 别带些没用的东西上路
Hey, George, your suitcase is leaking.
乔治 你的旅行箱漏了
Hey, Ernie!
厄尼

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!