I wish they were rabbits. I wish they were, too.
真希望它们像兔子一样能生 我也希望如此
Okay, let’s put them in the safe and see what happens.
好了 送这对美元夫妻进保险箱 等着瞧吧
Close the door.
关门
Folks, folks, wedding cigars.
伙计们 大家来根新婚雪茄
Wedding. Holy mackerel, I’m married.
婚礼…天哪 我结婚了
Where’s Mary? Mary! Poor…
玛丽在哪? 玛丽! 可怜的…
Look, I got a train to catch. Well, the train’s gone.
我还要赶火车呢 已经误点了
I wonder if Ernie’s still here with his taxicab.
不知道厄尼还在不在车里等我
George, there’s a call for you.
乔治 有电♥话♥找你
Look, will you get my wife on the phone?
麻烦你打个电♥话♥给我妻子
She’s probably over at her mother’s.
她很可能去娘家了
Mrs. Bailey is on the phone.
贝利太太的电♥话♥
I don’t want Mrs. Bailey. I want my wife.
我要找我太太 不是什么贝利太太
Mrs. Bailey! Oh, that’s my wife. Here, I’ll take it in here.
对了! 贝利太太就是我太太 给我接进来
Mary. Hello. Listen, dear, I’m sorry.
玛丽 亲爱的 我很抱歉
Huh? Come home? What home?
什么? 要我回家? 回什么家?
320 Sycamore? Well, what… Whose home is that?
枫树大街320号♥? 那是谁的家?
The Waldorf Hotel, huh?
沃多夫宾馆 是吧?
Hey, this is the company’s posters, and the company won’t like this.
这些海报是公♥司♥的 这让我怎么交代呢?
How would you like to get a ticket next week?
小心我下周开单罚你的款
You got any romance in you?
你这人到底有没有浪漫细胞?
Sure, I had it, but I got rid of it. Liver pills.
当然啦 不过都被我破坏了 都是那些护肝丸
Who wants to see liver pills on their honeymoon?
谁要在蜜月里看到护肝丸呢?
What we want is romantic places, beautiful places,
我们要的就是浪漫温馨小天地
places George wants to go.
得讨乔治喜欢
Hey, Bert. Here he comes.
伯特 他来了
Come on, we got to get this up. He’s coming.
快点 我们得赶紧把这些挂好 他快到了
Who? The groom, idiot.
谁呀? 新郎啊 你个傻蛋
This is their honeymoon. Come on. Get that ladder.
这可是他俩的蜜月 快点 把梯子扶好
What are they, ducks?
伙计 他们又是谁?
Get that ladder up here. All right, all right.
把梯子放这 好的
Hurry up. Hurry up. Hurry up. I’m hurrying.
快… 我已经够快的了
Hiya… Good evening, sir.
你好 晚上好先生
Welcome home, Mr. Bailey.
欢迎回家 贝利先生
Well, I’ll be…
我真是…
Mary. Mary, where did you…
玛丽 你从哪儿…
Oh, Mary.
玛丽
Remember the night we broke some windows in this old house?
记得我们扔石头 砸破这老屋窗子那晚吗?
This is what I wished for.
这就是我当时许的愿
You’re wonderful.
你真好
You’re wonderful.
你真好
Martini, you rented a new house? Rent?
马蒂尼 你租新房♥了吗? 租?
You hear what he say, Mr. Bailey? What’s that?
贝利先生 你听见他说什么没? 什么?
I own the house.
我有自己的房♥了
Me, Giuseppe Martini, I own my own house.
我吉塞普·马蒂尼有自己的房♥子了
No more we live like a pigs in this Potter’s Field.
我们再也不用像猪似的 在波特的地头上住了
Mary, Mary! Mary, come on, bring the baby.
玛丽…! 玛丽 快 带上孩子
I feel like a queen.
我好像成了女皇了
I’ll take the kids in the car.
来 让孩子坐我车吧
Oh, thank you, Mr. Bailey. Thank you.
贝利先生 谢谢 太谢谢了
All right, kids, here. Here, get in here.
好了 孩子们 都上车去
Now, one at a time. Get right up on the seat there.
一个个来 上车坐好
Sit down, there. Here, now, get the dog, now. That’s it.
坐下 把狗带上 行了
Goat, too. Everybody!
还有山羊 坐稳了!
All in!
都上车了吧?
Bye bye! Bye bye!
再见! 再见!
All in?
都齐了?
Mr. And Mrs. Martini, welcome home.
马蒂尼夫妇 欢迎回家
Good old George, he’s always making a speech.
乔治这家伙总有话说
Sam Wainwright. Oh, who cares.
山姆·温莱特 管他呢
Bread. That this house may never know hunger.
给你们面包 祝你们丰衣足食
Salt. That life may always have flavor.
给你们盐 祝你们日子过得有滋有味
And wine. That joy and prosperity may reign forever.
给你们美酒 祝你们永远快乐幸福 儿孙满堂
Enter the Martini castle.
请进吧 这就是你们马蒂尼一家的城♥堡♥
Look, Mr. Potter, it’s no skin off my nose.
波特先生 看 这可不关我的事
I’m just your little rent collector.
我不过是你麾下的一个小收租人
But you can’t laugh off this Bailey Park anymore.
但这块”贝利苑”已不容你小觑了
Look at it.
请看
Congressman Black is here to see you, sir.
布莱克参议员前来拜访您 先生
Oh, tell the Congressman to wait. Go on.
请他在外面等等 说下去
Fifteen years ago, a half a dozen houses stuck here and there.
15年前 这只有零星几座房♥
There’s the old cemetery, squirrels, buttercups, daisies.
那是块墓地 长着松树 毛茛树和雏菊
I used to hunt rabbits there myself.
我以前还去过那打野兔
Look at it today.
但如今的”贝利苑”…
Dozens of the prettiest little homes you ever saw,
那里盖起了很多小巧别致的房♥子
90% owned by suckers who used to pay rent to you.
那些穷鬼中有90%是你以前的租客
Your Potter’s Field, my dear Mr. Employer, is becoming just that.
我亲爱的老板 您的波特公♥寓♥每况愈下
And are the local yokels making with those David and Goliath wisecracks.
那些乡巴佬都用大卫杀死巨人 葛利亚的典故来揶揄你
Oh, they are, are they?
是吗?
Even though they know the Baileys never made a dime out of it.
但他们应该知道 贝利那家人一个子都赚不到
You know very well why. The Baileys were all chumps.
您很清楚个中原委 贝利一家都是傻子
Every one of these homes is worth
“贝利苑”里每所住♥宅♥现价是…
twice what it cost the Building and Loan to build.
建房♥贷款合作公♥司♥投资的两倍
If I were you, Mr. Potter… You are not me.
波特先生 如果我是你… 你不是我
As I say, it’s no skin off my nose,
也是 反正这和我也没关系
but one of these days this bright young man
但总有一天 年轻有为的我…
is gonna be asking George Bailey for a job.
会到乔治·贝利那边工作的
The Bailey family has been a boil on my neck long enough.
贝利一家向来都是我的眼中钉 我真是受够了
Yes, sir? Come in here.
什么事 先生? 进来一下
We just stopped in town to take a look at the new factory,
我们顺便来这看看新工厂
and then we’re gonna drive on down to Florida.
然后驱车去佛罗里达
Why don’t you have your friends join us?
请你朋友一块去 怎么样?
Why, sure. Hey, why don’t you kids drive down with us, huh?
一起去吧?
Oh, I’m afraid I couldn’t get away, Sam.
山姆 我恐怕走不开
Still got the nose to the old grindstone, eh?
还是那样埋头苦干哪?
Jane, I offered to let George in on the ground floor in plastics,
简 我本想乔治早期入股我们厂的
and he turned me down cold.
但他一口回绝了我
Oh, now, don’t rub it in. I’m not rubbing it in.
别老揭我旧疮疤 我才没有
Well, I guess we better run along.
我们得走了
Awfully happy to have met you, Mary. Nice meeting you, too.
玛丽 很高兴认识你 我也一样
Goodbye. Glad to see you. Goodbye, George.
再见 真是幸会了 乔治 再见
So long, George. See you in the funny papers.
乔治 再见 希望在小报上看到你
So long, Mary. Bye, Sam. Have fun.
玛丽 再见 山姆 再见 旅程愉快
Thanks for dropping around. Florida!
谢谢你们的顺道来访 佛罗里达!
Thank you, sir.
波特先生 谢谢你
That’s quite a cigar, Mr. Potter. You like it?
这雪茄烟真不错 喜欢吗?
I’ll send you a box.
我可以送你一盒
Well, I…
我…
I suppose I’ll find out sooner or later,
咱们还是长话短说吧
but just what exactly did you want to see me about?
你找我来做什么?
George, now that’s just what I like so much about you.
乔治 你这点我最喜欢了
George, I am an old man, and most people hate me.
乔治 我是个讨人厌的老家伙
But I don’t like them, either, so that makes it all even.
但我也不喜欢他们 这算扯平了
You know just as well as I do
你我都很清楚…
that I run practically everything in this town
我掌控了这里的一切…
but the Bailey Building and Loan.
就只剩建房♥贷款合作公♥司♥了
You know, also,
你也清楚
that for a number of years I’ve been trying to get control of it.
这些年来我一直想吞掉…
Or kill it. But I haven’t been able to do it.
或者消灭它 但总是事与愿违
You have been stopping me.
你一直在阻挠我
In fact, you have beaten me, George,
事实上 你赢了我 乔治
and as anyone in this county can tell you, that takes some doing.
到镇上随便找人问问 都知道我波特不容易对付
Take during the Depression, for instance.
譬如说 大萧条时期…
You and I were the only ones that kept our heads.
全镇只有我们两家公♥司♥挺了过来
You saved the Building and Loan.
你保住了建房♥贷款合作公♥司♥
I saved all the rest.
其他的都是我保住的
Yes. Well, most people say you stole all the rest.
没错 大家都说你抢了他们的
The envious ones say that, George, the suckers.
他们嫉妒才那样说 乔治 他们全是饭桶
Now, I have stated my side very frankly.
我已经把底牌亮给你看了
Now let’s look at your side.
再来看看你的吧