I’m Chief. That’s my name.
知道了
I see.
我已经介绍完自己了
I’m introducing myself.
你呢
Who are you?
我以为你了解我呢
I thought you knew all about me.
没有 我对你一无所知
No I don’t know anything.
我真不应该胡说八道
I should’ve kept my mouth shut.
那只是谣言
It’s all hearsay.
不过 你确实是豆蔻
Anyway you’re Nutmeg.
看来你确实挺了解我
So you do know me after all.
了解吗 没错
After all? Yes.
你是表演犬吗 豆蔻
You a show-dog Nutmeg?
论品种我是
I was bred as a show-dog.
论打扮也是
I was groomed for that purpose.
可那不是我的选择
It wasn’t my choice.
所以我并不想承认
I don’t consider it my identity.
不过瞧瞧诸位
Anyway look around.
我承不承认 又有什么区别呢
What difference does it make now?
也就是说 你是表演犬
So that’s a yes.
没错我是 以前是
So that’s a yes I used to be.
我可以上去找你吗
May I join you?
你打架了
You’ve been attacked.
这没什么 他比我惨
Hmm. What else is new? You should see the other dog.
准确说
Actually
他是不锈钢做的
I think he was made of stainless-steel.
所以我咬不动他
I couldn’t get my teeth into him.
那小飞行员是谁
Who is the little pilot?
他来干吗 他们为什么捉他
What’d he do? Why are they after him?
没人知道
Nobody knows.
你是流浪狗 对吧
You’re a stray aren’t you?
没错 我是流浪狗
Yes I’m a stray.
你不也一样吗 我说的是现在
But aren’t we all? In the last analysis I mean?
你有受过表演训练吗
Were you trained? For competition.
我毕竟是表演犬
I was a show-dog.
那你会耍把戏喽
You know a few tricks then.
会一点
A few.
能展示给我看吗
Can I see one?
等我们再熟一点再说吧
Maybe if I get to know you better.
好吧
Fair enough.
关于我和菲尼克斯的事
It’s not true by the way.
传言是假的
About me and Felix. For the record.
我不会把宝宝带到这个世上
I wouldn’t bring puppies into this world.
我不相信主人那一套 从来不信
I don’t believe in masters. I never did.
这有悖我的原则
It’s against my principles.
像你这样的狗不该沦落于此
But this is no place for a dog like you.
你不属于这里 你是有证书的狗
You belong somewhere. You’ve got papers.
我可不是小狗 亲爱的
Oh I’m full-grown sweetheart.
用不着为我担心
You don’t have to worry about me.
晚安
Good-night.
我希望能再见到你
I hope I’ll see you again.
给你看一个
Here’s one.
看什么
One what?
我头上应该顶着一个九镑的保龄球
I’m supposed to be spinning a nine-pound bowling-ball over my head at this point
不过现在你只能想象一下
but you just have to imagine that part.
我想象的到
I can picture it.
你会帮他吗 那个小飞行员
Will you help him? The little pilot?
凭什么
Why should I?
就凭他是个12岁的小男孩
Because he’s a 12-year-old boy.
狗狗的最爱
Dogs love those.
那条叫点点的狗
Spots whoever he is
不管他是生是死
might be alive and he might be dead
有一件事可以肯定
but one thing’s for sure
他目前不在这附近
he’s nowhere around here.
也不在我们的圈子里
He’s not in the dog-community.
在这座垃圾岛上
There’s probably another 500 Japanese hectares
至少还有500公顷的荒地
of unmapped waste-land
没有在地图上标注出来
on Trash Island at least.
我们该从哪找起呢
Where do we start?
还有 关于他的精神问题
Also the mental health question
或许是因为铁棒还插在他的头上
maybe it’s because of that propeller-clutch stuck in the side of his head
说不清 我也不是医生
I can’t say I’m not a doctor
但是我觉得他脑子出问题了
but I think the little pilot’s got a screw loose.
这些都是负面因素
Those are the cons.
那个传闻你们听说了吗 关于小飞行员的
You heard the rumor right? About the little pilot.
– 什么传闻
– 什么事
Which rumor? What is that?
小林是他的远房♥表叔
Kobayashi is his distant uncle.
他是市长的养子
He’s the mayor’s ward.
什么
What?
行了 我们再看看积极的因素
Be that as it may let’s look at the pros.
那个小男孩 独自一人
That boy flew here all alone
一路飞到垃圾岛
and crash-landed onto this island
而这一切只为了一个目的
for one reason; one reason only
来找他的狗
to find his dog.
据我所知 至今还没有人类
To the best of my knowledge no other master
没有任何一位主人
not one single human master
为自己的狗做过一丁点的努力
has made any effort to do that.
他们早把我们忘了
They’ve forgotten all about us.
我提议明天一早就启程
I propose we start tomorrow first-light.
我们穿过中指谷
We’ll cross the Middle Fingers.
找到沙丘上的沉船
We’ll find the tugboat on the Dune.
朱庇特和先知在那
We’ll go see Jupiter and Oracle.
他们知道该怎么办
They’ll know what to do.
现在开始投票 同意的说 “好”
Let’s take a vote. All in favor say “Aye”.
– 好
– 不好
– Aye. – Nay.
谁说的不好
Who’s the nay-sayer?
– 是他
– 是我
– Him. – Me.
那个孩子会害死我们几个的
That kid is gonna get us all put to sleep.
安乐死
Euthanized.
我们不可能找到那条狗
We won’t find the dog
反而会因此丧命
but we will die trying.
这也没有什么不好
Not a bad way to go.
反正投票你已经输了
You’re out-voted anyway.
消息称 科学党候选人渡边教授
Science-Party Candidate Professor Watanabe
今日被勒令软禁于
has been placed under house-arrest today
东宝山宾馆
at Toho Mountain Ryokan
原因是他昨晚强烈抨击了
after offering sharp criticism last night
小林针对犬类泛滥危机
of the Kobayashi Administration’s
所采取的手段
Canine Saturation-crisis policy
外国交换生 特蕾西同学
Foreign-exchange student Walker.
谢谢 桃园浩主编
Thank you Editor-Hiroshi.
你们都知道 我说话很直
You all know me. I speak my mind
有时候会得罪不少人
and sometimes that ruffles some feathers.
请原谅我的直白
Please forgive my bluntness.
小林市长是个骗子 我恨他
Mayor Kobayashi is a crook and I hate him.
现在 议会内部针锋相对
Right now he faces a divided congress
竞选竞争激烈
during a hotly-contested re-election year.
我们的狗狗在孤岛上等死
Dogs are dying on a miserable island.
而那些愚昧无知的狗主人全被洗♥脑♥了
Gullible masters have been brainwashed.
反对他的科学党候选人遭到软禁
The Science-Party Candidate is being held against his will
得不到任何法律援助
with no recourse to legal counsel.
有人在预谋着什么
Somebody is up to something.
你有什么具体的想法吗
You have a conspiracy theory?
我有一种直觉
I have a hunch.
我可没有你的直觉
I don’t print hunch.
那就解释给你听
I’ll spell it out.
我有理由相信小林市长的宣传
I believe Municipal Dome propaganda
是在有意散发反狗言论 制♥造♥社会恐慌
has deliberately stoked irrational Anti-Dog fear
并且完全无视有效的犬流感治疗方案