我知道
No, I know.
我清楚你知道,我确信让你能知道的
I knew that you knew. I made sure that you knew.
你没打电♥话♥来祝福让我有点失落
I was actually a little upset that you didn’t call to wish me a happy birthday.
吉儿你知道,我想要打的
Aw, Jill. You know, I wanted to.
礼物都准备好了,但我转念一想…
I even got you a present and then I thought, you know,
我不想让你误会
I don’t want you to get the wrong idea.
误会什么,误会你喜欢我?
What wrong idea, that you like me?
你知道我喜欢你的,只是…
Well, you know that I like you. I just…
不想让你抱有幻想
I don’t want you to have fantasies.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
因为你能找到更好的
Because you can do better than me.
噢天呐,果真吗埃布? 你不觉得该由我来定吗?
Oh, God. Really, Abe? Don’t you think I can decide that?
好了,给你
All right. Here.
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
噢天呐
Oh, my God.
礼物是这个?
Is this my present?
拜托,不算什么
Yeah, come on, it’s nothing.
相当算的,埃布!美极了!
It’s not nothing, Abe! This is beautiful.
这可是埃德娜·圣文森特·米莱的诗集
And it’s Edna St. Vincent Millay.
你真的是个浪漫的人,对吧?
You really are a romantic, aren’t you?
那些我认为你会最爱的诗目我做了标记,你会看到
I marked off the poems I thought you’d like most, you’ll see.

Mmm.
就我所读过的,绝对都是挚爱
Well, what I know of hers, I absolutely love.
我这是在干吗,在烛光下与你相视对坐?
What am I doin’ sittin’ here opposite you over candlelight?
我可说过不会让这事发生的
I said I wouldn’t let this happen.
但已经发生了
But it has happened.
拜托,我们不是在庆祝吗?
Hey, come on. We’re celebrating, right?
这是美好的一天
It’s been a pretty good day.
你刚过完生日
You had a birthday.
我不想在这吃晚餐,我想去你那里
I don’t wanna eat, I wanna go to your place.
吉儿
Jill.
我想去
I want to.
不行 – 行的
No. – Yes.
我可是过生日
It’s my birthday.
我发誓不让这发生的,但不知又着了什么魔
I swore I wouldn’t, but I don’t know what’s come over me.
你着的魔便是终于开始欢庆人生…
What’s come over you is that you’re finally celebrating life…
而非用疯狂的俄♥罗♥斯♥轮盘赌去追求传奇化的死亡
Instead of romanticizing death with your crazy Russian Roulette.
你有男友了,我不会妨碍你们的
You have a boyfriend. I’m not going to get in the way of that.
我俩并非一心一意,我告诉过你的
Roy and I aren’t exclusive, I told you that.
我不信你
I don’t believe you.
罗伊肯定不这么说
Roy would say different.
我不想谈这个
I don’t wanna talk about it.
我喜欢和你上♥床♥
I loved making love with you.
嗯,我也很喜欢
Yes, it was very nice for me, too.
噢,只是很喜欢吗?
Oh, it was just very nice?
感觉像完成了值得做的事
I feel like I’ve accomplished something worthwhile.
像是人生有了意义
Like my life has meaning.
你觉得和我上♥床♥给了你人生意义
Well, I’m very flattered that you think making love to me
真是让我受宠若惊
has given your life meaning.
我的写作开始有进展,文思如泉涌一般
My writing was flowing, the creative juices unblocked.
我很开心并享受这种幸福感
I was happy and enjoying a sense of well-being,
也改了当初的决定,开始和吉儿偷♥情♥
and I’d begun an affair with Jill, something I’d been determined not to do,
一头扎进这突如其来的变动
and yet was carried along on the sudden momentum
全然享受生活的喜悦
of the sheerjoy of living.
当初对自我存在的执着想法
The thought that I had once been indifferent to existence
似乎已荒谬可笑
seemed preposterous.
近来可好?好久不见你了
How is everything? I haven’t seen you.
是啊,好得很呢,一切都有条不紊了
Yeah, really good, you know. Everything’s just been fallin’ into place.
啊 – 你看上去还是那么棒
Huh. – You look great, as always.
下周我可能有些空,如果你想…你懂的
I may have some free time next week, if you wanna, you know…
啊哈
Uh-huh.
还是说我侵占你去另一头谈情说爱的时间了?
Or am I encroaching on your other love life?
嘿,饶了我吧
Hey, give me a break.
埃布!
Abe!
嘿,我试过打你电♥话♥
Hey, I tried to call you.
你知道发生什么了吗?看报纸了没?
Did you see what happened? Did you see the papers?
没,怎么了?
No, what?
嗨 斯潘格勒法官是被谋杀的
Hi. Judge Spangler was murdered.
你在说什么? – 是谋杀
What are you talking about? – He was murdered.
我不明白,不是心脏病吗?
I don’t understand. Wasn’t it a heart attack?
是心脏病没错,但验尸表明
Yeah, it was a heart attack, but they did an autopsy,
不是自然发作,是毒药所致
and it wasn’t cardiac arrest, it was poison.
毒药? – 对,是毒药
Poison? – Yeah. It was poison.
有人给他果汁里下毒
Somebody poisoned his juice.
开什么玩笑 – 是啊
You’ve got to be kidding. – I know.
那么,为何要验尸?
Well, what made them do an autopsy?
从来都要验尸的吧?
Well, don’t they always do an autopsy?
我想是他们怀疑不是自然发作
I think that they suspected that it wasn’t a heart attack right away,
而是有人下毒,所以才要验尸的吧
and they just thought it was poison and so they did the autopsy.
斯潘格勒法官是谁?
Who’s Judge Spangler?
这个法官… – 这个法官
He’s a judge… – This judge.
是我们吃饭时偷听别人说话知道的
That we had overheard someone talking about in a diner.
这故事有点疯狂… – 是吗?
This crazy story that some… – Oh, yeah?
我现在没时间听什么疯狂故事,但回头…再找你
I don’t have time for a crazy story right now, but I will see you soon.
好的 – 我是说,难以置信吧
Okay. – I mean, can you believe that?
是啊 – 可怕吧
No. – Isn’t it awful?
你看啊,他肯定树敌不少
You know, he must’ve had a lot of enemies.
天呐,那肯定,但我们竟还庆祝来着
Well, God, I’m sure, but we were celebrating.
我懂,但知道吗,我还是不觉得抱歉
I know, but you know, I still can’t say I’m sorry.
那你觉得是谁杀的?是那女人吗?
Well, who do you think it was? Do you think it was the woman?
不知道啊… – 还是她朋友还是谁?
I don’t know… – Or, one of her friends or something?
那么,警方怎么说的?
Well, what, what did the police say?
我是埃布·卢卡斯,我杀了人
I’m Abe Lucas and I’ve murdered.
我经历过很多,如今又多了独特的一个
I’ve had many experiences and now a unique one.
我夺了他人性命
I’ve taken a human life.
不是在战争中也不是正当防卫
Not in battle or self-defense,
但我做出了我相信的选择并坚持到底
but I made a choice I believed in and I saw it through.
我觉得自己像个真实的人
I feel like an authentic human being.
今天我们来讨论存在之选择
Today we’re gonna discuss existential choice.
即人生之意义是“选择”所创造的
That life has the meaning you choose to give it.
我们还将审视让-保罗·萨特的精彩洞悉:
And we’ll examine Jean-Paul Sartre’s wonderful insight,
“他人即地狱”
“Hell is other people.”
埃布似乎有了重大突破
Abe seemed to have had a breakthrough.
不管他心底的情感是曾经被何压抑,现在都已彻底释放
It was as if whatever had been stifling his deepest feelings became unblocked.
对于托马斯·斯潘格勒法官
Police still have no clues
几周前在利皮特公园被毒杀一案 警方仍旧毫无头绪
in the murder of Judge Thomas Spangler, who was poisoned in Lippitt Park weeks ago.
在新闻发布会上
At a press conference,
调查者称,已跟踪所有可能线索
investigators told reporters all leads have been followed up,
但目前为止仍未能锁定犯罪嫌疑人
but so far there are no persons of interest.
并称,关于投毒目标并非斯潘格勒法官
They said that speculation that the poison had been intended
而是另为他人的说法
for someone other than Judge Spangler,
仅只是猜测,并不太可能
was just speculation and unlikely.
你换新香水了
You’re wearing a new perfume.
我喜欢你能注意到这种事
I love that you notice those things.
我已变得很习惯于享受世俗生活之快乐
I’ve become very attuned to the sensual joys of life.
良辰美景,天籁之音,美味佳肴
Sights and sounds, the taste of food and wine.
怎么了?
What?
你在想什么?
What are you thinking?
今天曾有个可笑的念头一闪而过
Today for one very funny moment,
我在想如果是你杀了斯潘格勒法官该有多讽刺
I thought it would be ironic if you had killed Judge Spangler.
啊哈,我是怎么完成这一小小奇迹的呢?
Uh-huh, and how did I perform that little miracle?
我不知道
I don’t know, I don’t know.
我是说你不可能也不会这么做
I mean, you couldn’t and you wouldn’t.
杀掉一个人肯定很难 – 嗯
It’s got to be hard to kill somebody. – Mmm.
尤其是毒死一个陌生人
Especially to poison a stranger.
若是我不得不除掉某人,我想我会…
Yeah, I mean, if I had to eliminate someone, I think I’d…
不清楚,也许枪杀或开车撞死
I don’t know, use a gun or run him over.
我是说,氰化物完全是另一回事
I mean, cyanide’s a whole other deal.
是氰化物吗?报纸上没说啊
Was it cyanide? The papers didn’t say that.
我总是假设被毒杀的人是氰化物所致
I always assume anyone poisoned, is poisoned by cyanide

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!