斯潘格勒,托马斯·斯潘格勒
Uh, Spangler. Thomas Spangler.
这家伙怎么最终去了民事法庭?真是…
How’d this guy ever wind up in family court? It’s just…
都是政♥治♥任命
They’re political appointees.
有些人还好,但很多人仍是拿钱才办事
Some are okay, but a lot of ’em are just bums who are getting paid off.
这样是不对的
It’s not right.
他把孩子判给了弗兰克,弗兰克根本不照顾孩子
He awards the kids to Frank. Frank doesn’t even look after them.
没错… – 弗兰克甚至都不想要他们
It’s true… – Frank doesn’t even want them.
他连自己的孩子都不在乎
He doesn’t care about his own kids.
我把孩子们送去他那,孩子们并不想去
I deliver them to him, they don’t want to go.
他们哭啊,哭啊…
They’re crying. They’re crying.
可弗兰克呢
What does Frank do?
把他们扔在他上班的地下车♥库♥的角落
He sticks ’em in a corner of the garage he works at.
孩子们竟被关在地下坐上一整天
And they sit underground all day.
我是说,应该让他们出去,呼吸新鲜空气啊
I mean, they should be outside, in the fresh air.
如今要把抚养权换给弗兰克?
And now he’s gonna switch custody to Frank?
以什么理由? – 没有理由
On what grounds? – On no grounds.
因为法官和弗兰克的律师走得近
Because he’s friendly in some way with Frank’s lawyer.
交换抚养权绝对是灾难
Switching custody would be a disaster.
完全没道理
It doesn’t make sense.
我找来孩子们的老师和医生
I brought in the kids’ teachers, I brought in the kids’ doctors.
仍然是没用
It doesn’t matter.
你确定法官不会被撤换?
And you’re sure he can’t be recused?
我们试过了,我律师试过但失败了
We tried. My lawyer tried and failed.
拖下去的法律费用我支付不起 法官他清楚得很
I can’t keep payin’ all these legal bills and the judge knows it.
所以每次我要求什么 他就说“去提议吧”
So, every time I want something, he says, “Make a motion.”
于是我们照做,可他还是否决
And we do, but he turns me down.
就这样拖光了我的家底
And it’s costin’ me everything I got.
还要失去我的孩子们 – 啊
And I’m gonna lose my kids. – Aw.
你确定他和弗兰克的律师走得很近?
And you’re sure he’s cozy with Frank’s lawyer?
天呐,他俩可是相视一笑
Oh, God, they look at each other, they smile.
我真是倒霉,抽到这法官
I got a bad break, drawin’ this judge.
实在是不公平
It’s just so unfair.
六周后开庭审理
I’m due in court in six weeks.
如果法官不会再次延期的话
If he doesn’t postpone it again,
但他肯定会延,因为知道这样对弗兰克有利
which he does, because he knows it helps Frank.
我晚上根本睡不好
I can’t get a decent night’s sleep.
但愿我能带着孩子搬去欧洲
I wish I could take the kids and move to Europe.
我是说我真的想过要把他们带走出国
I mean, I actually thought of taking them out of the country.
什么,然后一辈子躲起来?
What, and hide for the rest of your life?
那可就成逃犯了
You’d be a fugitive.
我真同情你,卡罗尔,真的 你是个多好的母亲
I feel for you, Carol, I do. And you’re such a good mother.
真希望那法官得癌症死掉
I hope the judge gets cancer.
他不会得癌症的
He won’t get cancer.
因为许愿才不管用
Because wishing doesn’t work.
如果想他死掉,就得有所行动
If you want him dead, you have to make it happen.
但你又不可能做到
But you’d never be able to pull it off,
即使做到了,你也会是头号♥嫌疑犯
and even if you did, you’d be a prime suspect.
另一方面,我能帮你杀了他,女士
On the other hand, I could kill him for you, lady,
而且没人能想得到是我♥干♥的
and no one in the world would dream I did it.
我可以为你除害,结束你的苦难
I could rid you of this roach and end all your suffering.
正是在这一刻,我发觉了人生的意义
It was at this moment that my life came together.
我能为这可怜的女人送上这份大礼
I could perform this blessing for that poor woman
并且没人能把账算到我头上
and no one would ever connect me to it.
我和任何当事人均素不相识
I don’t know any of the parties involved,
我毫无动机,而且当我走出这里时
I have no motive, and when I walk out of here,
便再也见不到他们任何一人
I’ll never lay eyes on any of these people again.
我唯一需要知道的只是这个名字:
All I need to know is the name.
托马斯·斯潘格勒法官
Judge Thomas Spangler.
你没事吧?
Are you okay?
噢天呐,在那我有点眩晕
Wow, God. I got a little dizzy in there.
什么,你在发抖
What, you’re shaking.
我猜是… – 你还好吧?
I guess, um… – Are you all right?
焦虑发作或是别的
An anxiety attack or something.
我家里有药的 – 好吧
I have medicine at home. – Okay.
我不知道为何感到如此眩晕
Yeah, I don’t know why I feel so dizzy.
关于干掉斯潘格勒法官的 一切想法都令我兴奋不已:
Everything about killing Judge Spangler turned me on.
帮助这女人,付诸于行动
The idea of helping this woman, of taking action,
为民除害,正是这种害虫…
of ridding the world of the kind of vermin
令世人如同活在地狱一般
that makes the world an extra hell for all of us.
我被实施一桩完美谋杀 这一创意性挑战所吸引
I was intrigued by the creative challenge of bringing off a perfect murder.
风险很高,但这风险令我充满活力
It was a high-stakes risk, but the risk made me feel alive.
打扰一下 你刚才棒极了 – 噢,谢谢
Sorry. Hey, you were great. – Oh, thank you.
感谢你能来 – 那是当然
Thank you for coming. – Yeah, of course.
我一整天都在想咱们偷听到的那女人,你呢?
I’ve been thinking about that woman that we overheard all day. Have you?
是啊,我也是 – 有些人的遭遇真是令人吃惊
Yeah, me, too, yeah. – It’s amazing what happens to some people.
天呐,我绝不怪她要去诅咒那法官
God, I don’t blame her for wishing him dead.
要我就咒他发心脏病死掉
I’d be rooting for him to have a heart attack,
听上去确实糟糕
as awful as that sounds.
不,我是说,难道你不觉得有些人…
No. I mean, don’t you think that there are some people that die
死掉之后…
and with their death,
世界立马就能变得更美好吗?
the world becomes a slightly better place instantly?
我觉得问题没那么简单
Mmm, I don’t think it’s quite as simple as that.
我的意思是这烂法官却可能是个好父亲
I mean, he could be a terrible judge, but a decent loving father.
首先,他不是个父亲 – 你怎么知道?
First off, he’s not a father. – How do you know?
我对这事着了迷,忍♥不住上网查了下他
I was so fascinated, I couldn’t help but check him out on my computer.
老天,名字你都还记得?
My God, you remembered his name?
就算他是个居家好男人
Even if he was a good family man,
可就像那些坏事做尽的黑道大哥
that’s like those, you know, Mafia bosses who do horrible things,
就因为体贴妻儿
and, what, we’re supposed to cut them slack
我们就该放他们一马?
because they’re wonderful to their wives and children?
面对此种清晰问题时,你得避免思维过度发散
You have to resist the temptation to overthink a very clear-cut issue.
他是个烂法官,未履行当初的公正誓言
You know, he’s a rotten judge, not impartial as he’s vowed to be,
只因自己手中有权力,就毁掉了那个女人和她孩子们的一切
crushing a woman and her kids simply because he has the power to do it.
没人能阻止
No one can stop him.
我是说…
I mean…
虽然容易引起歧义,但还是要说句不好听的:
It’s not that ambiguous, even though it’s ugly to say it.
这种害虫就该一脚踩死
He’s a roach who’d be better stamped out.
曾经的眩晕与焦虑消失不见
The dizziness and anxiety had disappeared,
我完全接受了“选择自♥由♥”,更确切说是全身心拥抱
and I accepted completely, in fact, embraced my freedom to choose action.
亢奋不已的我无法入眠
I was too excited to fall asleep.
绞尽脑汁计划着如何干掉斯潘格勒法官
My mind was racing with ideas, plans to kill Judge Spangler.
幸亏与这女人的偶然相遇
Thanks to a serendipitous encounter with an unknown woman,
我的人生突然找到了方向
my life suddenly had a purpose.
当我终于眠去之时,脑海中仍回荡着正义之梦
When I finally did fall asleep, I slept the sleep of the just.
早上好 – 早上好
Morning. – Morning.
噢,我知道要点什么了
Oh, I know what I want.
橙汁,法式吐司,马铃薯饼,双份培根
I want the orange juice, French toast, hash browns and double bacon.
嘿,你平时可只喝黑咖啡呢
Hey, what happened to the usual black coffee?
我实在是饿坏了,没办法啊
Can I help it if I’m famished?
好极了,吐司上加不加肉桂?
Well, bravo. You want cinnamon on the French toast?
好,加肉桂 – 好
Yes, I want cinnamon. – Okay.
嗨 – 嗨
Hi. – Hi!
早上好
Good morning.
哇,你今天一大早就干劲十足啊
Whoa, you’re full of energy this morning.
是吗 – 是啊
Yeah. – Yeah.
我昨晚做了个重大决定 – 是吗?
I made a big decision last night. – You did?
是,我要掌控自己的生活
Mmm-hmm. To take control of my own life.
那很好啊
Well, that’s good.
什么事情促使你觉醒了?宗教顿悟?
What prompted this reawakening? Did you have a religious epiphany?
我只是决定不再怨天尤人下去
I just decided it’s time to stop whining
要把主动权掌握到自己手里,促成些事情
and to take matters into my own hands and make something happen.
那很好啊,因为,实话说
Well, that’s good, because, uh, to be honest,
学校里有些人还挺担心你的
some of us here were kind of worried about you.
哦 – 你之前看上去很低谷的
Huh. – You seemed at such a low point.
秘诀是看问题时不要靠太近钻牛角尖
The trick is not to examine things too closely.
不要事无巨细去讨论,而是跟着直觉走
Not to debate every issue, but to go with your gut feeling.
要选择去行动,去做
You know, and choosing action, to do,
而不是止于观察,迷失在传统的陈词滥调里
rather than to observe and get lost in conventional clichés.
我觉得我听懂了,但哲学不是我的强项…
I think I follow. Philosophy is not a strong suit, you know, so…
我知道你的强项是…
Yeah, I think I know what your strong suit is…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!