我想不起活着的理由了
I couldn’t remember the reason for living.
等我想起来以后,它也没有了说服力
And when I did, it wasn’t convincing.
听上去挺可怕的
That sounds scary.
用尽消遣之事的确相当可怕
It’s very scary when you run out of distractions.
如果那其实并非消遣呢?
Well, what if it wasn’t a distraction?
如果你只是决定要一心一意找个伴侣呢?
What if you just decided to commit yourself to one person?
如果我现在遇见了谁, 也过于颓丧而无法珍惜她
If I met someone now, I’m too far gone to appreciate her.
我得去上钢琴课了
I have to go to my piano lesson.
你礼拜五晚上有事吗?
What are you doing on Friday night?
我不知道,怎么了
Oh, I don’t know. Why?
我觉得你该来参加个派对
I think you should come to a party.
呃… – 真的
Uh… – I do.
罗伊和我可以带你去,会很…
Roy and I will take you. We can go and it’ll…
会有音乐,很有意思的
There’ll be music and it’ll be fun.
会有很多喜欢你的学生在
There’s a lot of students that like you.
他们真的很喜欢你的
There really are.
我觉得这比你窝在房♥间里要好
And I think it’s better than just wallowing in your room.
那样可不太健康啊
I don’t think that’s healthy.
你该考虑考虑的,想来玩吗?
You should think about it. You want to come out?
你好 – 嗨
Yes? – Hi.
抱歉这么突然拜访,不过…
I’m sorry for dropping in so suddenly but,
我今天在贩酒店买♥♥酒,然后…
I was shopping today at the liquor store, and,
看见两瓶很好的纯麦芽苏格兰威士忌
I came across these two very fine bottles of single malt scotch,
我给保罗和自己买♥♥了一瓶
and I got one for Paul and myself.
我知道你有多喜欢纯麦芽苏格兰威士忌的
And I know how much you love single malt scotch.
多谢你考虑到我,我该给你多少钱?
Oh, that was very thoughtful of you. How much do I owe you?
噢不用了,我买♥♥了送你的
Oh, God, no, I bought it for you.
噢,谢谢
Oh, thank you.
你本可以等见到我再给我的,不必非冒雨跑来
You could have waited to give it to me. You didn’t have to come in the rain.
我等不及了,太激动了
I couldn’t wait. I was excited over it.
那想和我喝一杯吗?
Will you have one with me?
我以为你永远不会提呢
I thought you’d never ask.
呃…
Um… Hmm.
你在忙什么?
What have you been doing?
我在试着完成这本很早就开始写的书
I’m trying to finish this book I started a long time ago.
是关于什么的? – 海德格尔和法♥西♥斯♥主义
What’s it about? – About Heidegger and fascism.
正如这世界所需
Just what the world needs.
再来一本关于海德格尔和法♥西♥斯♥主义的书
Another book about Heidegger and fascism.
写得怎样了?
How’s it coming?
没思路,写不出
I’m blocked. I can’t write.
为什么?
Why?
我…
Oh, I…
我写不出是因为我没法呼吸
I can’t write ’cause I can’t breathe.
怎样才能让你重新呼吸?
What would get you breathing again?
一种想要呼吸的意愿
I, you know… The will to breathe.
嗯 – 灵感
Hmm. – Inspiration, you know?
你需要个缪斯
You need a muse.
我从未需要过缪斯
I have never needed a muse before.
我希望你不会还没跟我上♥床♥
I hope you’re not gonna send me back out into the rain
就把我赶出去淋雨
without sleeping with me.
我在试着写作
I’m trying to write.
你没思路
You’re blocked.
我会帮你打开思路
I’m going to unblock you.
还是说你迷上了那个成天泡在一起的女学生?
Or are you becoming infatuated with that student you spend so much time with?
新奥尔良被飓风袭击后
When the hurricane hit in New Orleans,
埃布去了那里,待了六个礼拜
Abe went down there and stayed for six weeks.
他说问题完全被掩盖了
He said the problems were completely overwhelming.
政♥治♥官僚作风和腐♥败♥就是个丑闻
And the political red tape and corruption was just a scandal.
他无法相信眼前的愚蠢和贪婪有多严重
He couldn’t believe the amount of stupidity and greed.
当时对乔治·布♥什♥来说才是个丑闻
It was a scandal for George Bush.
当时埃布可是亲临现场
Well, Abe was right there in the thick of it,
努力要做些什么
trying to get something accomplished.
而与此同时,他老婆爱上了他最好的朋友
And meanwhile, his wife was falling in love with his best friend.
是吗 – 难以置信吧
Uh-huh. – Can you believe that?
埃布真的很爱他的妻子
Abe really, really loved his wife.
他们是在去马丘比丘看遗迹的旅途上认识的
They met on a trip to Machu Picchu to see the ruins.
他们都试过麦斯卡林(致幻剂)
They both experimented with mescaline.
他其实什么毒品都试过,他痛恨毒品
He’s actually tried every drug. He hates them.
他有点以自♥由♥派的方式来当个极度保守的人
He’s very conservative in a kind of liberal way.
好像他真的对你敞开了心扉嘛 – 嗯
It seems like he really opened up to you. – Mmm-hmm.
大家都说他不太容易了解
Everyone says he’s not easy to get to know.
我绝对不是这么看的
Well, I definitely have not found that.
嘿,我们能不能不聊埃布·卢卡斯了?
Hey, can we just get off the topic of Abe Lucas?
我必须承认,没先过问我
I mean, I must say, I’m not thrilled
就邀他明晚同去派对
that you invited him out with us tomorrow night
我可不太开心啊
without asking me first.
他需要跟他人多接触啊,罗伊
Well, he needs some human contact, Roy.
不然就只会窝在房♥间里沉思
Otherwise, he just sits in his room and broods.
是啊,但你也知道我可能会吃醋吧?
Yeah, but you can see why I might be jealous, no?
你这是犯傻了
That’s silly.
著名总结陈词
Famous last words.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我知道你肯定很失望
I know it must have been a disappointment, to say the least.
你有试过用壮♥阳♥药♥吗?
Have you tried any of the impotence drugs?
不是生理上的问题
It’s not physical.
也绝不是针对你
And don’t take it personally.
我已经快一年不能硬起来了
I haven’t been able to perform in nearly a year.
你有去看过心理医生吗?
Have you seen a shrink?
我认识一位在这方面很有疗效的
‘Cause I know a good one for that problem.
我一直希望性功能能神秘地回来 就像当初失去它时一样
I keep hoping it’ll come back as mysteriously as it left.
对不起,我让你失望了
I’m sorry I let you down.
不,我该说对不起,你肯定感觉很糟
No, I’m sorry. I’m sure it’s hell for you.
多谢你的威士忌
Thanks for the scotch.
你在这边做什么呢?
What are you doing over here?
你对这种人类短暂徒劳的享乐有何病态的见解吗?
Are you having one of your morbid insights on the transient futility of human joy?
我的脸色有那么严肃吗?
Is my face that grim?
我从没在某人家里见过德库宁的画
I have never seen a de Kooning in a private house.
我明白,我父母在拍卖♥♥会买♥♥的 – 真漂亮
I know, so my parents got it at auction. – It’s gorgeous.
他们刚开始收藏艺术品,买♥♥了好多
They’re just starting to collect. They’re buying so much.
他们上礼拜才在苏富比买♥♥了基塔依和沃霍尔的画
They got a Kitaj and a Warhol at Sotheby’s, like, last week.
不可能吧!
No way!
是啊我知道
I know, I know.
艾珀尔,说真的,你们就不怕遭抢劫吗?
April, honestly, are you afraid of getting robbed?
不会,这幢房♥子到处都有警铃
No, I mean the house has alarms, like, all over.
给他们看看你♥爸♥的藏品 – 不要
Show them what your father keeps. – No.
拜托,给他们看看… – 我不要
Come on, show them… – I’m not gonna show it to them.
天呐,你每次来我家都这样
Oh, my God. You do this, like, every time you come over here.
好奇怪的
It’s so weird.
我们知道了,看画没关系
We get it, the painting is fine, the painting is all right.
对付小偷的
For the burglars.
就是它!
Yes, there it is!
来,给我 – 天呐
Come on, give me it, give! – Oh, my God.
上膛了吗? – 它是我的宝贝
Is it loaded? – This is my baby.
“我的宝贝”?天呐
My baby? Oh, my God.
不,没上膛的,把子弹拿出来
No, it’s not loaded. It’s totally… I’m taking the bullets out.
你开过枪吗?
Do you shoot this?
没有,我爸有时候带着去树林里
No, my dad takes it out into the woods sometimes.
他们在那玩俄♥罗♥斯♥轮盘赌
Where they play Russian Roulette.
俄♥罗♥斯♥轮盘赌是什么?
What’s Russian Roulette?
俄♥罗♥斯♥轮盘赌是什么?
What’s Russian Roulette?
解释一下吧 – 好吧
Just explain it. – All right, fine.
好吧,拿一颗子弹
Okay, so, you take a bullet.
把一颗子弹装进枪膛
Take a bullet and you put it in the chamber.
不要展示了吧 – 我又不会真的做
Don’t demonstrate it… – Well, I’m not gonna do it!
然后转动枪膛
So, you… Then you spin it around, right?
拿枪指着脑袋
And, um, you hold it up to your head.
然后扣动扳机 – 噢
You squeeze the trigger. – Okay…
你有六分之五的几率安然无恙
And you have five, no, you have five to one odds that nothing will happen.
但如果倒霉的话…
But if you’re unlucky…
那就… – 那太倒霉了
You’re just kind of… – Very unlucky.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!