我们得谈谈下一步
And we need to talk about arrangements.
对我而言是一大步
This is a big step for me.
你自始至终都知道我想去国外生活
You’ve known all along I’ve wanted to live abroad.
是的,但…
Yes, yes, but…
我希望你重新考虑 – 别这样
I want you to reconsider. – Please.
拜托 – 不
Please. – No.
只谈分手之后的事情,好吗?
Let’s just talk about the details, okay?
必须把她的死伪装成意外
Her death would have to look like an accident.
快速考虑了所有可能性之后,我有了主意
And I ran through all the ones she might have and it hit me.
大学时开电梯的经验终于有了用武之地
My brief time running an elevator during my college days might now pay off.
时间紧迫常能逼出绝妙点子,真是有趣
Funny how often your best ideas come under pressure of a deadline.
完美的主意
It was perfect.
她周六要上钢琴课
Saturday was her piano lesson.
大部分办公室关门,楼内几乎无人走动
Most of the offices were closed. There was very little action in the building.
我没那能力去改动电梯程序
I couldn’t make it look like the elevator had been tampered with,
但足以让它像是出了故障
but I knew enough how to make it seem broken.

Hi.
你在这里干吗? – 嗨
What are you doing here? – Hi.
嗨 – 我只是…
Hi. – I just…
在去自首前想和你谈谈
I wanted to talk to you before I go to the police.
好吧,如果是自首以外的其他可能
All right, if it’s about anything other than turning yourself in,
我是不会谈的,明白吗? – 不是别的…
I don’t want to talk about it, all right? – No, no…
除了自首别无出路,我只是…
I see no other way. I just…
想为我惹的一切麻烦道歉
I want to apologize for all the trouble I’ve caused.
我是说我…自己都不敢相信
I mean, I just… I can’t believe this.
噢天呐,埃布
Oh, God. Oh, Abe.
噩梦一般,我明白
Oh, it’s a nightmare, I know.
我看不出有别的路可走,除了去如实招来
I don’t see any other way than just telling them the whole story.
招什么?是我谋杀了法官?
What? That I murdered a judge?
我懂,我会去帮你解释的
I know. I’m going to stand behind you.
我会的,作为朋友 – 没用的,你明白吗?
I will, as a friend. – No, it won’t matter, you know?
这可是蓄意谋杀
It’s premeditated murder.
我没机会…会判我无期的
I mean, I don’t… They’ll put me away for life.
也许不会的,找个好律师的话
No, maybe they won’t. Hey, maybe with a good lawyer.
说不准的 – 别逗了,怎么可能呢?
We don’t know. – Come on, who are we kidding?
我只是,我不能…
You know, I just, I can’t…
随着时间的流逝
With the passage of time,
历历在目的可怕经历
the awful vividness of what I had experienced,
造成的创伤正渐渐地、渐渐地消退
gradually, very gradually, grew less and less traumatic.
有个爱我支持我的男友带来不少帮助
It helped having a boyfriend who was so loving and supportive.
我偶尔会反思这段人生插曲
Every now and then, I reflected on the whole episode.
如后见之明,提供了我对爱情、人生
And with hindsight, gained some perspective about life and love,
以及自我的更多认识
and who I was.
我甚至经历了恐怖的一瞬
I even experienced, for one terrifying moment,
离死亡如此接近
the closeness of death.
整件事完全给我上了一课,惨痛的一课
The whole thing had been quite a lesson. A painful lesson.
正如埃布所说,是从课本里学不来的
The kind Abe used to say you can’t get from any textbook.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!