但和埃布一比实在平庸
but just very uninspired, compared to Abe.
现在我又开始觉得
And now I’m starting to think that
我自始至终就更适合和罗伊在一起
I’ve really been more suited for Roy all along.
我猜自己并不如想象中那般有棱角
I guess I’m not as cutting edge as I imagined myself.
是真的吗?
Is it true?
我听说埃布要走了
I heard that Abe is moving on.
是的
Yes.
是真的 – 我会想念他的
Yeah, that’s true. – I’m going to miss him.
我猜他发现略显乏味的布莱林不适合他那不羁的性情
I guess he found Braylin a little tame for his restless temperament.
他想着搬去欧洲
He’s thinking of moving to Europe.
能告诉你件事吗?
Can I tell you something?
当然
Sure.
但愿是西班牙,带我一起去
I wish he’d go to Spain and take me with him.

Hmm.
他说对于他是利皮特公园案凶手…
You know, he said that you two had a pretty big laugh
…的说法,你俩曾大笑不止
over your theory that he was the Lippitt Park killer.
我俩当时确实笑死了
We did have a good laugh over it.
不过,如果到最后发现真是他干的
And yet, if it turned out to be that he did it,
我是会吃惊,但绝不是震惊
you know, I’d be surprised, but not stunned.
不会错愕不已
Not flabbergasted.
仍旧要跟着他去西班牙
I’d still let him take me to Spain.
我上完了在布莱林的最后几周课
I played out my last few weeks at Braylin
做了去欧洲教书的计划
and made plans to go off to Europe to teach.
我仍觉自己的行为合乎情理
I still felt justified in what I’d done.
感觉这份经历比以前参加过的所有
I felt that I’d experienced something unique and deeper,
抗♥议♥或慈善工作都更独特和深刻
from all my social protests or charity work.
我挽救了个家庭,谁都没伤害,除了个罪有应得的…
I’d helped a family and hurt no one, but he who deserved it.
凭手中权力去伤害别人的人
A man who took advantage of his power to hurt others.
我知道吉儿永远不会背叛我
I knew Jill would never betray me.
但局面再度有了新的扭转
But then things took on a new twist.
看,我的理论是对的,可惜这辈子是当不上FBI了
Well, there goes my theory. I guess I’ll never work for the FBI.
报纸怎么说的?
What does it say?
“警方确信抓到了
“Police are certain they have the person”
毒害托马斯·斯潘格勒法官的真凶
“who poisoned Judge Thomas Spangler,”
这名家庭法法官于利皮特公园中被谋杀
“the family court judge who was murdered in Lippitt Park.”
被指称的凶手:医学实验室工作人员阿尔伯特·波德斯塔
“The alleged killer, Albert Podesta, a medical laboratory worker,”
有机会获取这起毒杀案中所用种类的氰化物
“had access to the same kind of cyanide that was used in the murder.”
波德斯塔本人虽否认与本案有任何干系
“Podesta, who denies he had anything to do with it,”
却已被证实于两年前
“had testified before Spangler two years ago,”
因不满斯潘格勒法官对其兄的判决而勃然大怒
“and had been enraged with the judge for his ruling in a case against his brother.”
如若定罪,波德斯塔将面临终身监禁”
“If convicted, Podesta faces life imprisonment.”
这事你打算怎么办?
What do you plan to do about this?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你不知道?
You don’t know?
你肯定不会任由个无辜者代你受罚吧,埃布
Oh, surely, you’re not gonna let an innocent man take the rap for you, Abe.
我听说后就一直辗转反侧
I’ve been up and back over this since I heard the news.
“辗转反侧”?你什么意思?
“Up and back”? What does that mean?
意思就是我试着完成一桩完美谋杀
It means that I tried to bring off the perfect crime,
而显然我做得过于成功了
and apparently, I succeeded all too well.
那么你那套关于道德制高点的说法呢?
Okay, well, what about all your talk about moral high ground?
听着,我需要认真想想,好吗?
Look, I need to think this out, all right?
还有什么好想的?
What is there to think about?
那无辜的人一辈子就要毁了
An innocent man is about to have his life ruined.
好吧,那我去自首
Okay, I’ll give myself up.
这就是你想要的?
Is that what you want?
难道这不是你想要的?
Isn’t that what you want?
整天都在这说来、说去、说来、说去 什么“为所应为”啊
I mean, all this talk, talk, talk, about doing the right thing,
“仁义道德”啊…
and what’s best, and…
好吧,如果警方意识不到犯了错
Okay, if they don’t see that they’re making a mistake
过段时间还不来抓我,那我就…
and let him go in a few days, then I’ll just…
我就他妈的去自首成了吧!
I’ll fuckin’, I’ll turn myself in!
我都没脸去…去面对我自己
I haven’t been able to live with myself as it is!
这可是…
And this is a…
这可是个完全无辜的人面临着要被起诉
We’re talking about an innocent man that’s gonna be prosecuted for this!
我知道,我也同意!就先等等看我的运气何时到头
I know, I agree! Let me just see if my luck holds out,
等等看警方何时能醒悟自己抓错了人,好吗?
and they come to realize that they made a mistake, you know?
因为…看看我现在!
Because I mean… Look at me!
我他妈现在做不到! – 我知道,我理解,我懂了…
I’m not gonna fuckin’ make it! – I know, I understand. I get…
可你周一之前必须要做,埃布
You have to do it by Monday, though, Abe.
周一之前必须自首,不然我就去做
You got to do it by Monday, or else I’m gonna have to do it.
我就不得不去告发你 – 别这样
I’m gonna have to do it. – You stop that.
你什么事都不用做,好吗? – 埃布…
You don’t have to do anything, all right? – Abe…
容我等到周一,求你了?
Just give me till Monday, please?
看着我,拜托?就宽限到周一?
Look at me, please? Just give me till Monday?
好吗?我保证
Okay? I promise.
周一一早必须去 – 好的,好的
First thing in the morning on Monday. – Okay, okay.
你必须这么做埃布,否则我就去做,我会去的
You have to do it, Abe, or I will do it. I will do it.
你什么事都不用做,我保证
You don’t have to do anything, I promise.
该死的,埃布
God damn it, Abe.
不过我才不会把自己供出去
But I had no intention of giving myself up.
我的人生几个月前还毫无意义
A few months ago, my life meant nothing to me.
从中感受不到丝毫享受与愉悦
I got no enjoyment out of it, no pleasure.
能被那次俄♥罗♥斯♥轮盘赌终结掉我倒痛快些
I’d have been fine if that little game of Russian Roulette ended it.
但自从我计划并实施了对斯潘格勒法官的处决
But since I planned and executed the elimination of Judge Spangler,
我的人生豁然开朗
my life had taken a new turn.
我明白了人们为何热爱生命
I understood why people loved life
并将其视为充满喜悦的体验
and saw it as something joyous to experience.
我的确从生活中得到了快乐
I did get pleasure out of living.
我不再想寻短见或在监狱里度过余生
I didn’t want to commit suicide, or spend my remaining days behind bars.
我想要去生活,教书,写作,旅行,做♥爱♥
I wanted to live, to teach, to write, to travel, to make love.
那晚我去和丽塔上♥床♥
That night, I went to bed with Rita,
甚至动了带她一起去欧洲的念头
and even entertained the thought of takin’ her with me to Europe.
我随时可以离开保罗
I would leave Paul in a minute.
你是认真的吗?关于欧洲,是说真的?
Are you serious? About Europe, really?
如果是真的呢?
What if I was?
我不敢相信,这…
I couldn’t believe it. That’s, um…
简直梦想成真
It would be a dream.
去罗马或西班牙重新开始…
And start over in Rome or Spain or…
或者伦敦?
London?
警方已有了嫌犯
The police had their suspect.
丽塔·理查兹并未当真去怀疑过我
Rita Richards, who was never really serious about suspecting me,
会觉得凶手另有其人且她那疯人理论确实只是疯话
would see it was another man and that her crackpot theory was crackpot.
让别人背黑锅的不道德感确实很困扰我
The morality of letting someone take the rap troubled me greatly,
但与强大的求生本能一比便苍白无力
but paled against the hardwiring of my natural will to survive.
带丽塔去欧洲的计划开始变得令人兴奋
Europe with Rita was beginning to have an exciting ring to it.
她对爱欲的热情感染了我
Her passion for love and lust was contagious.
只剩唯一的障碍挡在面前
Only one thing stood in the way.
离吉儿坚持让我去自首的最后期限只剩几天
I had a few days before Jill would insist I clear the wrongfully accused man.
有什么办法能堵上她的嘴?
Was there a way to keep her from talking?
她说谋杀会一发不可收,也许的确是对的
I guess she was right when she said that one murder opens the door to more.
吉儿,我仍然在乎着你
Jill, I never stopped caring about you.
之前没理清思绪的是你
It was you who wasn’t sure how you felt.
我真是蠢极了,罗伊
I was so stupid, Roy.
真是蠢透了,我…
I was so stupid, I’m…
若你说永远不愿见我,我真心会说自己罪有应得
If you say you never want to see me again, I’ll honestly say, I deserve it.
但发生什么了让你改了主意?
But what happened to make you change your mind?
我不想谈埃布的事
I don’t want to talk about Abe.
我不可能弄懂这个人
I’ll never understand him.
没事,反正我从来都不想谈这个人
That’s fine. I never wanted to talk about him the whole time, anyway.
天呐,你多善解人意啊
God, you’re too understanding.
你该发我的火才对
You should be angrier with me.
吉儿,我是如此爱你,只是…
Jill, I’m so in love with you, but I just…
感觉有些事你在瞒着我
I just feel like there’s something that you’re keeping from me.
我周一会告诉你的
I’ll tell you on Monday.
好的
Okay.
好吗? – 好的
All right? – Okay.
周一你就什么都清楚了,我保证
On Monday, you’ll know everything, I promise.
好的
Okay.
我从不相信咱俩真会分手
I never believed we’d actually break up.
我很遗憾,但是时候了
I’m sad to say, but the time has come.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!