Mr. Stark, could we
继续之前的话题了吗
pick up now where we left off?
斯塔克先生 请注意
Mr. Stark. Please.
-什么事 亲爱的 -可以认真听吗
– Yes, dear? – Can I have your attention?
当然
Absolutely.
你是否持有一件特制武器
Do you or do you not possess a specialized weapon?
-我没有 -你没有吗
– I do not. – You do not?
参议院军♥事♥委♥员♥会♥ 武器化战衣国防项目听证会
我没有 这要看你怎么定义”武器”一词了
I do not. Well, it depends on how you define the word “weapon.”
-钢铁侠武器 -我的装置不符合这一描述
– The Iron Man weapon. – My device does not fit that description.
那你会怎么描述它
Well… How would you describe it?
我对它的描述就是它的准确定义 参议员
I would describe it by defining it as what it is, Senator.
参议院军♥事♥委♥员♥会♥ 武器化战衣国防项目听证会
-是什么 -高科技假肢
– As? – It’s a high-tech prosthesis.
那是…
That is… That is…
那才是我认为最合适的描述
That’s actually the most apt description I can make of it.
它是件武器 斯塔克先生
It’s a weapon. It’s a weapon, Mr. Stark.
拜托 如果你的优先考虑
Please, if your priority
真是美国公民的幸福
was actually the well-being of the American citizen…
我的优先考虑是将钢铁侠武器交给
My priority is to get the iron Man weapon turned over to the
美国人♥民♥
people of the United States of America.
那你别想了
Well, you can forget it.
托尼·斯塔克
斯塔克工业执行总裁
我就是钢铁侠 我和战衣是一体的
I am Iron Man. The suit and I are one.
上交钢铁侠战衣就是交出我自己
To turn over the Iron Man suit would be to turn over myself,
这相当于卖♥♥身或卖♥♥淫
which is tantamount to indentured servitude or prostitution,
这要看你是哪个州的了
depending on what state you’re in.
你别想拿到它
You can’t have it.
听着 我不是专家
Look, I’m no expert…
在卖♥♥淫方面吗 当然不是
In prostitution? Of course not.
你可是参议员 拜托
You’re a senator. Come on.
我不是武器专家
I’m no expert in weapons.
我们请来了一位武器专家
We have somebody here who is an expert on weapons.
斯特恩参议员
宾夕法尼亚 军♥事♥委♥员♥会♥主席
我现在传召贾斯汀·汉默
I’d now like to call Justin Hammer,
我们现在的主武器承包商
our current primary weapons contractor.
贾斯汀·汉默
汉默工业执行总裁
国防部主系统承包商
请记录显示我看到了
Let the record reflect that I observed
汉默先生走进会场
Mr. Hammer entering the chamber,
而我在想
and I am wondering
还会不会有真正的专家出席
if and when any actual expert will also be in attendance.
贾斯汀·汉默
汉默工业执行总裁
国防部主系统承包商
当然了
Absolutely.
我不是专家 我得听你的 安托尼
I’m no expert. I defer to you, Anthony.
你才是金童嘛
You’re the wonder boy.
参议员 可以吗
Senator, if I may.
我或许不是专家 但知道谁是最大的专家吗
I may well not be an expert, but you know who was the expert?
你♥爸♥爸 霍华德·斯塔克
Your dad. Howard Stark.
他是我们所有人的父亲
Really a father to us all,
也是军事工业时代之父
and to the military-industrial age.
我们说清楚 他可不是嬉皮士
Let’s just be clear. He was no flower child.
而是一只雄狮
He was a lion.
我们都清楚本次听证会的原因
We all know why we’re here.
过去六个月里
In the last six months,
安托尼·斯塔克创造了一把有无限可能的利剑
Anthony Stark has created a sword with untold possibilities.
但他却坚称那是块盾牌
And yet he insists it’s a shield.
贾斯汀·汉默
汉默工业执行总裁
国防部主系统承包商
他叫我们躲在它后面 信任他
He asks us to trust him as we cower behind it.
真希望这让我感到安心 安托尼 真的
I wish I were comforted, Anthony, I really do.
我希望离家时能不用锁门
I’d love to leave my door unlocked when I leave the house,
但这里不是加拿大
but this ain’t Canada.
我们生活在充满重大威胁的世界里
You know, we live in a world of grave threats,
这些威胁 斯塔克先生并不总能预料到
threats that Mr. Stark will not always be able to foresee.
谢谢
Thank you.
上帝保佑钢铁侠 上帝保佑美国
God bless Iron Man. God bless America.
说得很好 汉默先生
That is well said, Mr. Hammer.
委员会现在要请
The committee would now like to invite
詹姆斯·罗德中校进入会场
Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes to the chamber.
罗德 什么
Rhodey? What?
哥们 没想到会在这里见到你
Hey, buddy. I didn’t expect to see you here.
是我 我来了 认了吧 向前看
Look, it’s me, I’m here. Deal with it. Let’s move on.
我就是…
I just…
-省省 -好吧 我不说了
– Drop it. – All right, I’ll drop it.
我面前有一份完整的钢铁侠武器报告
I have before me a complete report on the Iron Man weapon,
参议院军♥事♥委♥员♥会♥ 武器化战衣国防项目听证会
由罗德中校整理 中校 作为记录
compiled by Colonel Rhodes. And, Colonel, for the record,
请读一下第57页第四段
can you please read page 57, paragraph four?
您是要我从我的报告中
You’re requesting that I read specific selections
-选读一段吗 参议员 -是的
– from my report, Senator? – Yes, sir.
我以为我要以更全面细致的方式
It was my understanding that I was going to be testifying
进行作证
in a much more comprehensive and detailed manner.
我知道 今天很多事都发生了变化
I understand. A lot of things have changed today.
-麻烦你读一下 -你知道
– So if you could just read… – You do understand
如果脱离上下文 只读一段 是不能体现
that reading a single paragraph out of context does not reflect
-我最终的总结… -读吧 中校
– the summary of my final… – Just read it, Colonel.
我知道 谢谢
I do. Thank you.
好吧
Very well.
詹姆斯·罗德中校 美国空军武器采购联络人
“因为他的行动
“As he does not operate
不明确受任何政♥府♥机构管辖
within any definable branch of government,
钢铁侠对于国家
Iron Man presents a potential threat
和其利益都构成
to the security of both the nation
潜在威胁”
and to her interests.”
但我之后还总结了
I did, however, go on to summarize
钢铁侠存在的好处大于弊端
that the benefits of Iron Man far outweigh the liabilities.
对我们有利的作法是…
And that it would be in our interest…
够了 中校
That’s enough, Colonel.
参议院军♥事♥委♥员♥会♥ 武器化战衣国防项目听证会
-让斯塔克先生 -够了
– to fold Mr. Stark… – That’s enough.
加入现有的指挥链 参议员
into the existing chain of command, Senator.
我不喜欢团队合作
I’m not a joiner,
但如果你客气点 我愿考虑国防部长
but I’ll consider Secretary of Defense, if you ask nice.
我们可以商量下工作时间
We can amend the hours a little bit.
如果可以 我还想展示
I’d like to go on and show, if I may,
与你的报告相关的图像
the imagery that’s connected to your report.
我认为现在就向公众展示这些画面
I believe it is somewhat premature to reveal these images
-可能还为时尚早 -恕我直言
– to the general public at this time. – With all due respect,
中校 我懂
Colonel, I understand.
麻烦你为我们讲解一下
And if you could just narrate those for us,
我们会很感激的
we’d be very grateful.
请调出图像
Let’s have the images.
参议院军♥事♥委♥员♥会♥ 武器化战衣国防项目听证会
根据情报显示 这些图片中的装置
Intelligence suggests that the devices seen in these photos
正是在尝试复♥制♥有人驾驭的
are, in fact, attempts at making manned copies
斯塔克先生的战衣
of Mr. Stark’s suit.
情报得到了
This has been corroborated
我们盟友和当地情报部门的佐证
by our allies and local intelligence on the ground,
情报还显示 这些战衣很可能
indicating that these suits are quite possibly,
已经可以运行了
at this moment, operational.
等一下 哥们 我看看
Hold on one second, buddy. Let me see something here.
天呐 我真厉害 我征用了你的屏幕
Boy, I’m good. I commandeered your screens.
我需要它们 该公开公开了
I need them. Time for a little transparency.
欢迎 斯塔克先生
参议院军♥事♥委♥员♥会♥ 武器化战衣国防项目听证会
我们看看真实情况如何吧
Now, let’s see what’s really going on.
他在干什么
What is he doing?
麻烦大家看着屏幕
If you will direct your attention to said screens…
那里应该是朝鲜
I believe that’s North Korea.
可以关掉它吗 把它关掉
Can you turn that off? Take it off.
伊朗
Iran.
并没有急迫的大威胁吧
No grave immediate threat here.
那是贾斯汀·汉默吗
Is that Justin Hammer?
汉默怎么也做起这个了
How did Hammer get in the game?