就像是不成文的规定
It was like a written law.
如果你是一个女人的独展 那你不属于这个圈子
If you’re one-woman show and you were not in the trade,
你应该是死的
you ought to be dead.
因为早前的那个展出很失败
Because the previous exhibition
并且还没有赞助
had fallen apart and there was no sponsorship,
我们必须很小心谨慎的准备
we had to make it very close to the vest.
没有许多的宣传
There was not a lot of publicity.
仅仅是通过口口相传
It would have to be word-of-mouth.
我们并没有期待
We didn’t expect that it would be
能引起轰动
quite the phenomenon that it was.
我不知道是否是有其他的展出
I don’t know if there’s been any other show
也会依靠这么多口口相传的
that has relied so much on word-of-mouth.
简直震惊到我们了
That’s what surprised us,
人们前来看展 离开之后也到处宣传
people coming in and leaving and saying,
“你真该去看看那个展出”
“You have to see this show.”
展出的反响是非比寻常的
The response was remarkable.
我回想过许多次 真是令人神魂颠倒
I went back numerous times. It was absolutely fascinating.
之后我有听到人们的评价
And then I’d overhear people… the comments people made.
是在一个难得的场合里
On a rare occasion,
关于他们的评价 我有些看法
I would comment on their comments.
他告诉我 人们大概会 会这样说
He’d tell me that people would say, you know,
” 哇 她是谁”
“Well, who is she?”
也可能说”哦 我不知道 她死了的吧”
And they’d say, “Oh, I don’t know, she’s dead.”
我告诉他们 “下次你再听到这些
So I told them, “The next time you hear that,
你就拍拍那个女士的肩膀 然后说
tap the lady on the shoulder and say,
我的阿姨还活着的哦
My auntie is very much alive.
她四处晃悠 节约丧葬费用呢
She’s just walking around to save funeral expenses.”‘
纽约 纽约 纽约
♪ New York, New York, New York ♪
摇滚 晃动节拍
♪ Rock, shake to the beat ♪
摇滚 舞动大街
♪ Rock, shake in the streets ♪
纽约 纽约 纽约
♪ New York, New York, New Yo-o-rk♪
这些大多是来自西♥藏♥
These are mostly from Tibet.
他们有重达一吨♥
They weigh a ton.
只有在我确信大约半个小时就能回家的情况下
I wear them only when I’m assured
才会穿戴它们
that I can go home in about half an hour.
那应该是我在鸵鸟上的
Well, that’s supposed to be me atop this ostrich.
那个外套是农场那些杂乱羽毛做的
The jacket is made of barnyard feathers.
我第一了解到关于爱丽丝
I think it was in American Vogue
是在 美国时尚 杂♥志♥里
that I saw the first thing about Iris.
我认为在大都会艺术博物馆的展出
I think that for her, also, the exhibition at the Met
对她的生活来说 是个非常大的改变
was a very big change in her life.
我是一位八♥九♥十岁的明显 我觉得这件事特别有趣
And I’m an octogenarian starlet. I think that’s fun.
看着愉快的人们伴着纽约的时髦节奏翩翩起舞
♪ See happy people dancing to the funky New York beat ♪
我开始小规模地
I began to be, in a small way,
成为一个公众人物
a public person.
我是说 我在商业的圈子
I mean, I was always known in the trade,
在室内设计里被人熟知 会要求做报价
in my interior design, and called upon for quotes
然后写一些 但 并不是那种程度
and written about, but, I mean, not to the degree…
我的意思是 反正 蜂拥而至
I mean, this was an avalanche.
哇哦 哇哦 哇哦 哇哦 纽约
♪ Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, New York ♪
我认为人们响应起来的一部分原因
I think part of the reason they responded to it
是那种玩的感觉
was this feeling that it was play.
许许多多人带来了很多乐趣
Here was somebody who was just having a great deal of fun.
生活是灰暗和渺茫的
Life is gray and dull,
但当你盛装打扮并取悦旁人的时候 你还是会感到些许快乐
and you might as well have a little fun when you dress
还是会感到些许快乐
and amuse people.
你喜欢这些吗 你有听到她怎么说的吗
Do you like that? Did you hear what she said?
巡回展改变了许多
The show changed a lot as it moved.
下一站在棕榈滩的展出 也是川流不息
The next show in Palm Beach just flowed.
附近有七家邻近的美术馆
There were seven contiguous galleries,
你从一个走到另一个
and you walked from one to another.
之后我去了长岛的一家博物馆
Then I went to the museum on Long Island,
在拿索县
in Nassau County,
之后的皮博迪埃塞克斯博物馆 更是达到了巅峰
and then Peabody Essex was really the climax.
那简直太漂亮了
It was really beautiful
它宏伟 高耸的天花板
because they have huge, soaring ceilings,
真的是巧夺天工
and they did a really great job.
我明白我的展出如此成功的原因
I’m sure that the reason my shows were so successful
是其中的创意点子 或者展示出的魅力
was that they provided fantasy or it provided some glamour.
有许多的诠释
There are a lot of explanations.
也许人们追赶上我 也许我在前面遥遥领先
Maybe people caught up with me. Maybe I was too far ahead.
也或许人们在从中找寻
Maybe people are looking for something
他们生活的缺失 即便有很多人说
that’s missing in their lives, because as much as people say
他们并不想被打扰
they don’t want to be bothered,
但我认为他们依旧是渴望的
I think they really yearn for it.
我爱纽约
♪ I love New York ♪
我爱纽约
♪ I love New York… ♪
你的观众在等你
Your audience is waiting over here.
我从未见过谁穿牛仔裤穿出
I’ve never seen someone look better
爱丽丝那样的感觉
in a pair of jeans than Iris.
我知道 我已经关注她很久了
I know, I’ve been watching her for years.
很高兴见到你
It’s nice to meet you.
詹娜想见你
Jenna wants to meet you.
J.Crew:1983年成立。多次受到美国第♥一♥夫♥人♥米歇尔奥巴马的青睐
詹娜是J.Crew的总裁
Jenna’s the president of J. Crew.

Oh!
你是我见过最优雅 最美丽
You are the most chic, most beautiful,
最无与伦比的女性
most incredible woman I have ever seen.
我仰慕你许多年了
I’ve been such a fan of yours for so many years.
见到你是我的荣幸
It’s such an honor to meet you.
谢谢 与你会面我也深感荣幸
Well, thank you, I’m so impressed to meet you.
天哪 别这么说 千万别这么说 我的意思是
Oh, please, please. Oh, I mean…
荣幸也不足以形容 我想这是一份荣耀
Not even close. It’s an honor.
真是太感谢你了
Thank you.
王大仁 纽约最红最年轻的华裔设计师 设计堪称叫好又叫座,多次获得CFDA等颁发时装界大奖
今年的年度配饰设计师是王大仁
And the accessory designer of the year is Alexander Wang.
大家请来这边
And right here, guys.
拿好你的奖杯 从这边直走
Hold up the award and straight ahead this way.
见到你很高兴
It’s a pleasure to meet you.
我也是
Great meeting you, too.
-我是你的头号♥粉丝 -谢谢你
– I’m a big fan. – Oh, thank you.
你今晚看上去真美
You look so good tonight.
天哪 太感谢了
Thank you, my goodness.
一个年轻的帅小伙这样夸我 哇哦
From a handsome young fella, wow.
我觉得人们无法想象
I think people can’t even imagine
拥有她那样的生活
having that kind of a life that she has,
她珍惜每分每刻
and she loves every fucking minute,
即使每次和她交谈的时候
and even if she’s complaining about it,
她都会抱怨
which she does every single time I talk to her…
她会说 老天 我真是太累了
She’ll say, “Oh, my God, I’m so exhausted,”
这些对话总是千篇一律的
Like, the conversations are the same.
就好像每次我给她打电♥话♥ 她都会说 我真是心累
It’s like I’ll call her, she’ll be like, “I’m so tired.
上一秒我才上了电视 下一秒我又要接受采访
I was just on TV, and then I’m doing another interview.”
我就会说 爱丽丝 你不就爱这样
And I’m like, “Iris, you love it.”
她会说 我才不喜欢
She’s like, “I don’t love it.”
我就会再强调 不 爱丽丝 你爱的
I’m like, “No, Iris, you love it.”
哦 哇哦
Oh, wow.
哦 老天 真是太好看了
Oh, my goodness. Oh, that’s great.
我好喜欢
Oh, I love it.
真是太赞了
That’s terrific.
哦 你看他真会画
Oh, how good he is.
超级棒
Terrific.
他把我照顾的很好
He takes good care of me.
给德西也照一张照片 快照
Then take a picture of Desi taking a picture.
爱丽丝是我最爱的模特之一
Iris became one of my favorite models,
然后我就对她说 爱丽丝
and so I said, “Well, Iris,
我得给你拍一张在家的照片
I’ve got to photograph you at your house.”
然后我就去了她们位于棕榈滩的住♥宅♥
So I went over to their place in Palm Beach,
她们的公♥寓♥给我的感觉和这次旅行一样
and their apartment was like this total trip.
像梦境一样 那些小玩具啊
It was like a fantasy, all these little games
摆件啊 还有不停叫唤的动物
and things and animals that barked…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!