我觉得那些女士们才是真正的时尚代表
And they had real style, I thought.
是那种永不消逝的时尚
And that sort of style never goes out.
不一定 但它真是再也没出现过
No, no, but it doesn’t exist much anymore.
但你知道的 万事万物都在变
But, you know, things change.
我很期待 真的很期待 尽力期待
I hope. I hope. I try.
– 那东西看起来挺好玩 – 围巾么
– That’s fun. – The scarf?

Yeah.
看起来像个围巾或者腰带
That’s like a scarf or a belt.
多少钱
Oh, yeah. How much?
四十五刀
That’s 45.
有点贵
That’s a lot.
爱丽丝注意点形象 镜头还在呢
Careful, Iris, you’re on “Candid Camera.”
不好意思 老娘就是这么小气
I’m sorry, I’m cheap.
怎么可能 您老可一点都不吝啬
No! You’re not cheap.
有趣的是 你会发现人们认为你只会索取
It’s funny because you find people think
但事实上 你并不是那样的
you just acquire things, but actually, that’s not you.
对 这的确是个不好干的活
No, it’s hard work.
你真的需要在上面投入大量的精力
You really have to put a lot of effort into it.
我认识一些人 他们有精美的收藏品
I know people who have wonderful collections,
但他们和我是不同的
but it’s different.
他们常外出只为买♥♥到心仪的收藏品
They go out to buy, they go to…
或像参加拍卖♥♥会这种活动
Auctions and things like that, yeah.
但我自己所拥有的收藏品 都是我出门去搜寻的
But everything I have, I go out and find,
– 找到对的东西很难 – 的确
– which is not easy. – No.
– 我喜欢这个 – 很漂亮
– I like that. – That’s beautiful.
我喜欢它 它的颜色 种种
I like it. The color, everything.
先生 这些多少钱
So, monsieur, how much are these ones?
一共十个手镯
Okay, the bracelet ten.
不管您出什么价位我都会同意
What I’ll do, I’m going to make you a deal.
我们都久仰您的大名
We know you, okay?
这些手镯我就算 七刀一个卖♥♥给你行么
Uh, take… I’ll give you $7 each for you.
那件外套你怎么出价
And what can you do on the coat?
那个外套我们正常是卖♥♥一百二十五刀的
The coat, we sell… normal, we sell 125.
但既然是你买♥♥就一百刀吧
But I’ll let you have it 100.
– 成交 – 我认识您
– Okay. – I know you.
我认识您 您是时尚界女王 我们都认识您
I know you, queen. We know you.
这个可以低于100刀
You can do better than 100.
– 这个袋子呢 – 八十五刀
– And the bag? – This 85.
– 这个价格还能更低点吗 – 不行了 只能八十五刀
– Oh, you can do better. – No, this 85.
你可以亲眼看一下 我们这里的制革工人做一个袋子要做一天的
You see, the tanner took one day to make it.
– 他做的有点慢啊 – 是的
– He’s slow. – Yeah. Yeah.
你是怎么砍价的 要我可做不来
How did you get that? I can’t get those prices.
我可是砍价小能手
Oh, I’m very good.
做一些更有创造性的事 想想其他的事
Doing something creative, taking your mind off things,
以这样的方式买♥♥东西 装扮自己
but that’s how you shop, and that’s how you dress,
思考
and that’s how you think, in that way.
是的 我感觉 还蛮有趣
Oh, yes, I mean, it’s fun.
我有时候感觉并不好
Sometimes I really don’t feel well.
这时我就会让自己身临其境 想象自己是十九岁半的姑娘
And I get in there, it’s like I’m 19 1/2.
活蹦乱跳四处撒野 还是那么的活力四射
I’m jumping around and everything, and I’m so up.
跳到车后座
When I crawl back to the car…
– 拿到我的战利品 – 你多久“战斗”一次
– I got my booty… – How often do you need the fix?
我希望尽可能多
Oh, I’d like to have it more often than I get it.
像是多久一次 一周吗
Like how often, Iris, once a week?
– 那是极好的 – 嗯
– Oh, I would love it once a week. – Yeah.
我觉得爱丽丝吸引我的一点就是
I think what fascinates me about Iris
她完美地代表了时尚界
is that she’s the perfect example of the intersection
国内设计艺术的融合
of fashion and interior design and art.
除了作为一名国内设计师
She’s been exposed to so many different areas
她还置身于其他不同的创造性领域
of creative worlds from being an interior designer
同时她也参与了Old World Weavers的经营
to being involved with Old World Weavers,
很多人并没有意识到
and Old World Weavers, for those who aren’t aware,
这家标志性公♥司♥是当时Stark Carpet[美国品牌]收♥购♥的
is this iconic company that Stark then bought,
我们拍摄的纺织品被存放在一等品屋内
but their fabrics are in some of the finest houses
他们的纺织品至今任是必需品
that we photograph, you know, still on a daily basis.
我们创建这家公♥司♥时
When we started Old World Weavers, it came…
是一件很疯狂的事
it was a crazy way, too.
我们从未想过进军纺织品行业
We never intended to go into the fabric bus…
所做的一切都超出了计划之外
Nothing I ever did I intended to do.
机缘巧合很多事就那么发生了
Everything just kind of happened.
她从事着规模非常庞大的装饰业贸易
She had a very big decorating business.
我肯定是支持她这么做的
I would go along with her.
我会把我的小工具箱拿出来 挂上图片
I’d take my little toolbox, hang the pictures.
看着她自己制♥作♥出美丽的衣服
And I got a kick out of watching her
那个场面让我很快乐
make something beautiful.
有一天我正在找一个已经不存在了的织物
One day, I was looking for a fabric that didn’t exist.
我正在装♥修♥房♥子 想要一些特别的东西
I was doing a house, and I wanted something special,
这是我突然记起来
and then I remembered that I had gone to school
和我一起上过学的一个年轻女士
with a young lady whose father
她爸爸应该是个极好的纺织工
was supposed to be a great weaver.
碰巧我正好遇见了她 真是被幸运之神眷顾
And I happened to run into her, as luck would have it,
她问 你何不直接到工厂里去找我爸爸
and she said, “Why don’t you go over to the mill and see Papa?”
所以我就去了 并带去了自己的设计
So I did, and I brought the design,
当他制♥作♥出来的时候 大获成功
and he made it, and it was a big success.
大家都喜欢它
Everybody liked it.
然后他就问我还有没有更多的设计
And he said did I have any more designs?
过了一阵子他又问我和卡尔
So after a while, he asked if Carl and I
是否有兴趣和他一同经商
would be interested in going into business with him.
我感觉那应该很有趣
And I thought it would be fun.
我们仔细模仿了很多十七 十八 十九以及二十世纪初的纺织品
We did exact reproductions of 17th, 18th, 19th,
为了能让它们更接近于原版
and early 20th Century fabrics, and I would do my best
我将所能做的发挥到极致
to get them to be as close as possible to the original.
这也是为什么我们频繁出游的原因
That’s why we traveled so much
毕竟大门不出二门不迈是什么事也做不成的
because there is no one or two mills that can do everything.
整个制♥作♥过程是相当专业的
It’s all very specialized.
他们为白宫官方
They had done a lot of work for different administrations
修复了许多纺织品
in the White House and restored fabrics
也创造了独特的纺织品
and created special fabrics.
去白宫的时候
Well, uh… Barry…
应该是巴里接待的我们吧
the White House.
我们是通过巴里来
Was that from Barry…
我们创办这家公♥司♥的时候杜鲁门还在这里
We started when Truman was here.
这个我知道 但他们怎么过来的
I know, but how did they come…
我一点都不知道 反正他们听说过我们
I don’t know, they heard about us.
你也知道白宫有一个美术委员会
You see, the White House has a fine arts commission.
现在 你能依据自己的个人品味
Well, now, can you make these changes
和个性的追求改变这些东西吗
according to your own personal tastes and desires?
这个可能不行 毕竟有一个委员会
Well, no, I have a committee…
我们在杰基这人身上遇到了不少麻烦
Oh, we had a problem with Jackie.
别说了
Stop.
有关白宫的事多说无益
We’re not supposed to talk too much about the White House.
很令人沮丧
They get very upset.
我天 我们在太多不同的博物馆里
My God, we did so many restorations
做了太多的修复工作
in so many different museums.
我记得我修复的 史蒂芬 福斯特的
I remember I did Stephen Foster’s
– 我的故乡肯塔基 – 还有参议院
– My Old Kentucky Home. – Did the Senate.
密西西比州的议会大厦
I did the Statehouse in Mississippi.
美国的很多豪♥宅♥上都有我们的成果
Every great house in America had our stuff.
我有一群非常有趣的客户
I had a very interesting clientele.
他们不想要那些大家都会有的东西
They didn’t want to have things that everybody else had,
那促使我开启我的旅程
so that started me traveling,
基本上一年去两次欧洲
and I went twice a year to Europe.
就像只勤劳的小蜜蜂
I was a busy bee.
出游的时候我会带上三个相机
And I would wear three cameras.
有一台带小电视机的尼康
I had a Nikon with a telly,
一款尼康通版 还有一个带广角镜头
a Nikon normal, and a Nikon wide-angle.
有的时候美景稍纵即逝
And the situations would come up so fast,
根本来不及换镜头
I didn’t have time to change lenses.
所以有三个相机之后就简单多了
So it was easier to have the three cameras.
歌♥词
“Hey, hey, la la la la la”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!