第一次去巴黎那时候
and we first went to Paris
追溯到战争刚结束那会儿
years and years ago right after the war,
商人们说 你一定要
the dealers would say, “You must come
早点来啊 他们把那里称为‘宝箱’
early in the morning to my…” They called them “My box,”
然后差不多凌晨4点的时候 我就去了
and you’d have to get there, like, 4:00 in the morning
带着一个大的探照灯
with a big searchlight,
那里总是很潮湿 又阴冷 而且很神秘
and it was always damp and cold and miserable.
我们做了一段时间后 我的丈夫对我说
And we did that for a while, and then my husband said to me,
你知道吗 这真的太傻了
“You know, this is really stupid.
你又不买♥♥其他人爱买♥♥的东西
You don’t buy what other people buy,
而且你每次买♥♥的时候 你总是会说
and almost everything you buy, you always say,
这肯定要是属于我的
“Lt has to have my name on it.
如果你注定能拥有它 宝贝
If it’s got your name on it, baby,
就算早上11点去 它也还会在那里
it’s going to be here at 11:00 in the morning.”
所以我们就这样做了 行之有效
So that’s what we continued to do, and it worked.
我偶尔还是会非常想念那段时光
I still occasionally miss that terribly.
这代表了那个时代的结束
It’s definitely the end of an era.
也是另一种生活的结束 我久久不能释怀
It’s the end of another life. It took me a long time.
但你得让自己振作
You have to get yourself psyched.
特别是那么棒的收藏品们 就像是
Especially a collection like that, you know,
每一件都是回忆 因为它们中大部分
every piece has a memory because most of them
都是在不同的旅行里购置来的
were bought on trips or different occasions.
我的会计跟我说 就想想你越早卖♥♥掉
My accountant said to me, “Just think of all the money
咱就越早能挣回来这笔钱
you would’ve saved if you had done this years ago.”
但是 人家不太舍得
Well, but I wasn’t ready.
万物皆有时 一切自有深意
I feel that for everything there is a season.
所以 我想着当我清理掉最后一间库房♥时
And I suppose that when I put the last key in the door,
我就可以开心地回家了
I’ll go home and get hysterical.
而现在 我却还在调整心情
Right now, I’m managing.
你的生日要到了 是吗
You got a birthday coming up, huh?
对 八月四日 这真让我惊慌
Yeah, August 4th. That scares the hell out of me.
我还能过多少生日啊
What am I going to do for an encore?
啊 我
Ah, me.
嘿 心有多远 走得就有多远
Well, if you made it this far, you can go further,
我是这么认为的
that’s my idea.
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
你看起来真棒 我很喜欢你的裤子
You’re looking great. I love your pants.
我真是太高兴了
I can’t tell you how happy…
普理查德医生已经照顾了我们40多年了
Dr. Pritchard took care of us for over 40 years.
詹娜 噢 见到你太开心了
Jenna, oh, I’m so happy to see you.
嗨 你还好吗
Hi, how are you?
生日快乐 孩子
Happy birthday, kid.
卡尔不喜欢说太多话
Carl doesn’t like to talk too much,
所以他希望我作个简短的发言
so he wants me to say a word or two or four.
快说吧
Go ahead.
他想让我感谢大家的光临
He wants to thank everybody for coming.
这太棒了
It’s so nice.
有你们出现在我们的生命中我们真是太幸福了
We’re so pleased that you’re all in our life.
感谢你们的慷慨
You’ve been so generous in sharing
这些年和我们分享了这么多精彩的东西
so many wonderful things with us all these years.
卡尔也感同身受
And Carl feels the same way, and he’s very happy
他非常高兴能为自己开创新纪♥元♥
to be sailing into his second century.
现在他有
And he has…
他有个建议要给所有的朋友们
He has a word of advice to the guys.
他说 这是他爷爷告诉他的
He says, in the words of my grandpa,
女人看上去多老就是多老
“A woman is as old as she looks,
但是男人永远不会老 除非他停止奋斗
but a man is never old until he stops looking.”
吹蜡烛 卡尔
Blow, Carl.
在这剩下的生命中我还有很多的事情
I want to do more things in this life
想和我可爱的新娘一起完成
with my child bride.
如果上帝准许我陪伴
And if the Lord lets me do it,
我会乐在其中的
I’ll sure enjoy it.
为什么不乐
Why not?
生命只有一次
You got one trip.
你看到了吗
Now, you see?
她觉得我感到有点冷
She thought I was getting chilly.
她是对的
She’s right.
我从没觉得自己漂亮 即使现在
I never felt pretty. I don’t feel pretty now.
我算不上一个漂亮的人 我也不喜欢漂亮
I’m not a pretty person. I don’t like pretty.
所以我不会觉得不舒服 我反而认为这很好
So I don’t feel badly, and I think it worked out well
比如 我发现
because I found that, for instance,
所有我认识的女孩都非常漂亮
all the girls that I know who were very pretty girls
但是随着时间的推移
and got by on their looks, as time went on
她们发现自己靓丽的外表消失了
and they faded…
她们变得一无是处
They were nothing.
她们会感到非常非常沮丧
And they were very, very disappointed.
若你成为像我这样的人
When you’re somebody like myself,
为了得到认可或是变得迷人
in order to get around and be attractive,
你就必须发展自己的某些方面 你必须学习
you have to develop something, you have to learn something,
亲力亲为做事
and you have to do something.
这样你就会变得更加有趣
So you become a bit more interesting.
当你老了 你会从中获益
And when you get older, you get by on that.
总之 我恰巧不喜欢漂亮
Anyway, I don’t happen to like pretty.
世上大多数人也许并不赞同
Most of the world is not with me,
但我不在乎
but I don’t care.
好了 抱歉离开一下 请自便
Okay, excuse me. Help yourself.
别客气
Have anything you want.

J’ Hey J’

J’ Hey J’

J’ Hey J’

J’ Hey J’

J’ Hey J’

J’ Hey J’

J’ Hey J’

J’ Hey J’
好了 你准备好了吗
Okay, you readY?
这是你的万圣节服装
This is your Halloween costume.
看得见么
Can you see?
哦 老天 哦 老天 可怜的孩子
Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Poor children.
看看那 太疯狂了
Look at that. How crazy is that?
这都有人买♥♥吗 哦 老天
And people buy that? Oh, my God.
纽约市议会
The Council of the city of New York
很荣幸授予传奇品味的缔造者
is proud to honor legendary taste maker,
时尚偶像 女商人 室内设计师
fashion icon, businesswoman, interior designer,
风格先锋 爱丽丝 阿普费尔荣誉称号♥
and style maverick Iris Apfel.
直到今日 她依旧是时尚设计师和各色
Today, Mrs. Apfel remains a popular, outspoken,
艺术家们所喜爱的
ornate muse for fashion designers
直言不讳而华丽的灵感缪斯
and artists of all kinds.
谢谢你们给我这个受宠若惊的称号♥
Thank you all for this humbling honor.
我想 我能居住在这个
It’s really remarkable that I’ve been able to live
全世界最多元的城市里
and practice my assorted madness
展现我各色各样的疯狂 感到不可思议
in this most multileveled city in the world,
我要谢谢你们 谢谢那些所有
and I thank you, and I thank all the residents
支持我 缔造我如今 年老却依旧冉冉升起
who have supported me and made me what I am today,
了新星的居民们
a geriatric starlet.
夹克好看 我喜欢
I like your jacket.
顶呱呱
Groovy.
我觉得这个给你肯定更好
I would be happy to give you this one.
哦 棒极了 亮眼
Oh, fantastic. Voilé.
看起来就像 西域的花♥花♥公♥子♥
You’ll be a Western… A Western dude.
西域的花♥花♥公♥子♥ 没错
A Western dude, yeah.
-亮眼 -里斯 公子哥儿
– Voilé. – Rhys, the dude.
看看这些 我非常喜欢
Look at these. I love these.
我觉得这些
I think they’re…
这件是双面的羊绒
This has a double-face cashmere,
穿上的时候能
and it actually comes apart so you can wear…
一分为二
this by itself.
就像脱衣舞娘一样
Like a stripper.
这是用来保暖的吗
Is that supposed to keep me warm?
我不知道 是爱尔兰羊毛
I don’t know. It’s Irish wool.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!