我要是你的话就不去那个聚会
I wouldn’t go to that party if I were you.
好吧 但你不是我
Well, you’re not me.
你知道么 我们跟艾伯特家一样出色
You know, We’re just as good as the Abbotts.
什么?
What?
什么?
What?
你一点都不知道 不是么?
You don’t have any idea, do you?
知道什么?
About what?
在爸爸去世之后…
After dad died…
妈妈跟劳埃德 艾伯特之间有风流韵事
Mom had an affair with Lloyd Abbott.
他就是这样从妈妈那得到爸爸的专利的
That’s how he got dad’s patent away from her.
我不相信你
I don’t believe you.
信不信无所谓
Believe it or not. I don’t care.
我跟你说 道格 你去问问妈妈就知道了
I’ll tell you what, Doug. Why don’t you go ask mom?
你为什么不问问她发生了什么事?
Why don’t you ask her what happened?
你为什么不问问她怎么一个朋友都没有?
Why don’t you ask her why she doesn’t have any friends?
你为什么不问问她
Why don’t you ask her
为什么她从没被艾伯特家邀请过?
Why she never gets invited to the Abbotts’?
问问她我们生活在哪个街区
Ask her which side of the tracks we live on.
你在这多久了?
How long have you been here?
有一会了
Awhile.
你还好么?
Are you ok?
还好
Fine.
开心么?
Having fun?
过来跟我跳舞
Come dance with me.

Hi.

Hi.
那 呃 杰西是回来看看
So, um, is Jacey just home for a visit,
还是回来过暑假?
Or is he here for the summer?
是过暑假
Home for the summer.
他回来过暑假的话能少花点钱
It’s cheaper if he comes home for the summer.
可以省下点钱在学校用
He can save money for school
因为他不用付房♥租了
’cause he doesn’t have to pay rent.
你知道 钱有点紧
Money’s kind of tight, you know.
我们有点穷
We’re sort of poor.
你不穷
You’re not poor.
你开玩笑吧?
Are you kidding?
即便是杰西在暑假期间工作
Even with Jacey working summers,
我妈妈也得抵押房♥子
My mom still had to borrow against the house
才能让他去宾州大学
For him to go to Penn.
埃琳娜今晚在哪?
so where’s Eleanor tonight?
埃琳娜不在这
Eleanor’s just not here.
她怀孕了?
She pregnant?
没有 谁说的?
No. Who said that?
我不知道
I don’t know.
镇上的每个人都说了不同的话–
Everyone in town says something different–
要么她被搞大肚子了
Either she got knocked up
或者她跑了
Or she ran away
或者是她爸把她赶走了
Or her old man kicked her out.
哪个是?
Which is it?
抱歉
Excuse me.
滚开
Fuck off.
你为什么这么恨我?
Why do you hate me so much?
操♥你♥妈♥的 混♥蛋♥
Fuck you, asshole.
你睡了吗?
You asleep?
没有
No.
我成了被社会遗弃的人
I became a social pariah
在帕姆的生日聚会之后
After Pam’s birthday party.
这是一个漫长而孤单的冬天
It was a long and lonely winter.
你还好么?妈妈
You ok, mom?
我很好.
I’m fine.
真的?
You sure?
你看起来有点…疲惫.
You look a little… tired.
只是感冒
It’s just a cold.
我很希望杰西回来过圣诞节
I do wish Jacey would come home for Christmas.
也许这就是我的毛病所在
Maybe that’s what’s wrong with me.
是的 嗯 我想是自♥由♥撰稿人的工作
Yeah, Well, I guess that freelance drafting job
对他来说太好了 不能拒绝
Was too good for him to turn down.
哦 我不认为这就是他不回家的原因
Oh, I don’t think that’s why he didn’t come home.
不?
No?
你什么时候开始喝啤酒的?
When did you start drinking beer?
噢 这是给你买♥♥的 亲爱的
Oh, I bought those for you, honey.
我一直把它们放在车♥库♥里
I had them out in the garage all this time.
我总是忘了带他们进来
I keep forgetting to bring them in.
哦 天哪 我就知道你喝啤酒
Oh, good heavens. I know you drink beer.
那好 跟我喝一杯
Well, here, have one with me.
哦 不 不 这是我给你买♥♥的
Oh, no, no. I bought those for you.
一个人喝闷酒多不好 妈妈
It’s not good to drink alone, mom.
哦 别犯傻了
Oh, don’t be silly.
来呀
Come on.
坐下
Sit down.
喝啤酒
Have a beer.
呃…
Uh…
祝圣诞快乐?
Merry Christmas?
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas.
好吧 啤酒
Well, it’s beer.
查理总想叫我一块喝啤酒
Charlie was always trying to get me to drink beer.
你为什么总叫他查理?
Why do you always call him Charlie?
嗯 那是他名字
Well, That was his name.
我知道 可是…
I know, but…
你为什么从不说 “你的父亲”?
Why don’t you ever say “your father”?
嗯 我有时候说 不是么?
Well, sometimes I do, don’t i?
我…我不知道 呃…
I–i don’t know. um…
每当我想起他的时候 我就想起查理
When I think of him, I just think of Charlie.
你后来又…
Did you ever…
相处过什么人么?
Meet anybody else?
我有个朋友
I had a friend.
我常去芝加哥看他
I used to go see him in Chicago
就在暑假的时候过去
When I went to visit bea during summer vacations.
你还记得么?
Do you remember?
这样有多久?
How long this go on for?
哦 8年左右吧
Oh, 8 years or so.
时间不短呀
That’s a long time.
嗯….
Mm-hmm.
你想过要跟他结婚么?
Did you ever think about marrying him?
他求婚了 但显然我说的是不
He proposed, but obviously I said no.
为什么?
Why?
因为我热恋着…
Because I’m in love with–
我热恋着你的父亲
I’m in love with your father.
我记忆中的他
With my memory of him.
他就是我的唯一
He was the one for me.
我不明白
I don’t know.
有很多种爱 亲爱的
There’s different kinds of love, darling.
有些人无论如何你都爱
Some people you love no matter what,
另外一些在正确的情况下才会爱
And others you love if the situation is right.
对我来说 最好的爱
To me, The best kind of love
是”无论如何”的那种
Is the “no matter what” kind.
哎 我喝多了…
Well, I’m a cheap drunk…
不是么?
Aren’t i?
妈?什么是舞台设计?
Mom, What’s scenic design?
在哪里的?
In what context?
我看看
Wait a minute.
是剧院
It’s theater.

Hmm.
“霍华德·兰伯特奖学金
“the howard lambert scholarship
剧院布景设计
In scenic design for the theater.”
哇 太棒了
Wow, it’s a full ride.

Hmm.
4年 几乎能抵上所有学费
4 years. pays everything almost.
我可以做这个
Hell, I could do that.
当然 你能干好 亲爱的
Well, sure, you could, honey.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!