wasn’t his mother.
你能暂时让他在你那里呆一两天吗?
Could you keep him
with you for a day or so?
这个药给他每四小时吃一次
Give him one of these every
four hours during the day.
明天给我打个电♥话♥ 告诉我他情况如何
Call me tomorrow and let me know
how he’s feeling.
好的 大夫 谢谢你
MRS. GRIMALDl:
Yes, Doctor, thank you.
别让她抓住我!
Don’t let her get me!
没人会来抓你的
Nobody’s going to get you.
好吧 吉米
All right, Jimmy.
张开嘴
Open your mouth.
闭上眼睛
Shut your eyes.
以诗人之名…
In the words of the poet…
我给你吃令人充满智慧的神奇药丸
I’ll give you something
to make you wise.
真是个好孩子 吉米
That’s a good boy, Jimmy.
我绝不要回家
I’m not going home ever.
你会暂时留在奶奶家的
给他妈妈打个电♥话♥…
You’re staying at your
grandmother’s. Call his mother.
她不是我妈妈!
She’s not my mother!
好吧好吧 你们先回去
一切都会没事的
All right. Run along.
Everything’s going to be OK.
做个乖孩子哦
You be a good boy now.
晚安 大夫
MRS. GRIMALDl:
Good night, Doctor.
晚安
Good night.
我改变主意了
我先不直接回家去
I’ve changed my mind.
I’m not going directly home.
顺路去看看威尔玛·伦茨的情况
I’m going to stop off
and see Wilma Lentz.
我需要给这孩子的母亲打个电♥话♥?
Should I call the boy’s mother?
是的 告诉她发生了什么…
Yes.
Tell her what happened…
并且告诉她我建议最好先让孩子…
and that I suggested
the boy spend the night…
住在他奶奶家
at his grandmother’s house.
你好 米尔斯
Hello, Miles.
见到你真好 威尔玛 贝基
Nice to see you, Wilma.
Becky.
直奔主题吧
Let’s have it.
你刚才跟他聊过了 有什么感想?
You talked to him.
What do you think?
就是他 没错啊
It’s him.
他就是你的艾拉叔叔,一切正常
He’s your Uncle Ira, all right.
他才不是
He is not.
他有什么变化吗?
How is he different?
就是这样子
That’s just it.
根本就没有肉眼能发现的区别
There is no difference
you can actually see.
他的外表 说话和行事风格 以及记忆…
He looks, sounds, acts,
and remembers…
都跟艾拉叔叔一样
like Uncle Ira.
那他就是你的艾拉叔叔啊
Then he is your Uncle Ira.
你不明白吗?
不管你有什么样的感觉 他就是
You see that?
No matter how you feel, he is.
但他不是
有哪里不对劲 好像缺失了什么
But he isn’t.
There’s something missing.
当我还小的时候 他对我视如己出
He’s been a father to me
since I was a baby.
每当他跟我说话的时候…
Always when he talked to me…
他的眼神里有些很特别的东西
there was a special look
in his eye.
现在这样的眼神不见了
That look’s gone.
那记忆方面如何?
肯定有某些特别的东西…
What about memories?
There must be certain things…
是只有你们两个人知道的
that only you and he
would know about.
有的
There are.
我跟他聊过这些
他全部都记得…
I’ve talked to him about them.
He remembers them all…
哪怕是最微小的细节
就像艾拉叔叔会记得的一样
down to the last small detail,
just like Uncle Ira would.
但是 米尔斯…
But, Miles…
他没有情感
there’s no emotion.
毫无!
None!
只有假装出来的情感
Just the pretense of it.
语言 姿势 声调…
The words, gesture,
the tone of voice…
任何的一切都跟原来没有区别
除了感情
everything else is the same,
but not the feeling.
不管他有没有记忆
他都不是我的艾拉叔叔
Memories or not,
he isn’t my Uncle Ira.
威尔玛 我是站在你这边的
Wilma, I’m on your side.
我的事业是帮助需要帮助的人…
My business
is people in trouble…
我会找到可以帮你的方法
and I’m going to find
a way to help you.
没有人可能扮成你的艾拉叔叔…
No one could possibly
impersonate your Uncle Ira…
并还能让你和艾莱达伯母 甚至我…
without you
or your Aunt Eleda or even me…
都找不出千万个破绽的
seeing a million
little differences.
我希望你能认识到这一点
I want you to realize that.
好好想想
然后你就会明白…
Think about it,
and then you’ll know…
是你自己的问题
that the trouble is inside you.
威尔玛 你在哪?
Wilma, where are you?
在草坪上
Out on the lawn.
什么也别跟她说
Say nothing to her.
哎呀 米尔斯
我都不知道你来了
Why, Miles,
I didn’t know you were here.
欢迎回来
Welcome home.
你好 伦茨太太
Hello, Mrs. Lentz.
你们邀请米尔斯留下共进晚餐了吗?
Did you ask Miles
to stay for dinner?
今晚不行
Can’t tonight.
我今天做了蛋奶糕
I’m making spoon bread.
拜托 可别诱惑我
Please, don’t tempt me.
下次有机会吧
Maybe next time.
威尔玛 我的眼镜在哪儿?
Wilma, where are my glasses?
我想大概在壁炉台上
I think
they’re on the mantelpiece.
我跟你一起去拿
I’ll go with you.
我是发疯了吗?
Am I going crazy?
别可怜我 我必须知道
Don’t spare me.
I’ve got to know.
不 你没有疯
即使是当今…
No, you’re not.
Even these days…
发疯也不是一件如你想象中
那般容易的事情啊
it isn’t as easy to go crazy
as you might think.
不过你不用过于迫切…
But you don’t have to be
losing your mind…
去寻求精神科的治疗
to need psychiatric help.
我希望你能见见我的一个医生朋友
I’d like you to see
a doctor friend of mine.
– 心理医生吗?
– 丹·考夫曼
– A psychiatrist?
– Dan Kauffman.
明天我会帮你预约
I’ll make an appointment
for you tomorrow.
好吧
All right.
可那纯属浪费时间
我什么毛病也没有
But it’s a waste of time.
There’s nothing wrong with me.
先到此为止吧 不然他会起疑的
Better break this up,
or he’ll start wondering.
起疑什么?
Wondering what?
不乱想的话 你的来访对我帮助很大…
If I don’t suspect.
You’ve been a big help…
我不想你们任何人为我担心
and I don’t want either of you
to worry about me.
我会好好的
I’ll be all right.
你当然会啦
Sure you will.
你要留在这吗 贝基?
还是我送你回家?
Staying here, Becky?
Or may I drive you home?