Bill Bitner’s taking
his secretary to lunch.
啊 说到午饭…
And speaking of lunch…
能否跟来找我的任何人说 我去用餐了?
will you tell whoever that is
that I’m out having mine?
本耐尔大夫在吗?
Is Dr. Bennell in?
是的 他在
Yes, he’s here.
你认为他有空接待我吗?
Do you suppose
he has time to see me?
如果他没出什么毛病的话
If he hasn’t,
something’s wrong with him.
进去吧
Go right in.
贝基
Becky.
快五年了
Almost five years.
回家的感觉真好
It’s wonderful to be home again.
我离开得太久了…
I’ve been away so long…
回到老家却觉得自己像个外乡人
I feel almost like a stranger
in my own country.
我没有预约就来了 但愿你别介意
Hope you don’t mind my coming
without an appointment.
才不会
想做点什么?
Not at all.
What’ll you have?
这周我们做推广促销的是阑尾切除术
We’re pushing appendectomies
this week.
噢 米尔斯
Oh, Miles.
我不知道 或许我老是胡闹乱开玩笑
I don’t know,
maybe I clown around too much.
用不了多久 我的病人们…
Pretty soon, my patients…
就会连我给他们开的阿司匹林都不敢信任了
won’t trust me
to prescribe aspirin for them.
说真的 是有什么问题?
Seriously, what’s the trouble?
是我表妹
It’s my cousin.
威尔玛?
她怎么了?
Wilma?
What’s the matter with her?
她出现了些 呃…
She has a…
我猜你们称之为“幻觉”
I guess you’d call it
a delusion.
你认识他叔叔吧?
艾拉叔叔?
You know her uncle?
Uncle Ira?
当然 我是他的大夫
Sure. I’m his doctor.
现在她自己认为他不是她的叔叔
She’s got herself
thinking he isn’t her uncle.
你指的是什么?
他们实际上没有血缘关系?
How do you mean?
That they’re not really related?
她觉得他是个冒充的傀儡一类的…
She thinks
he’s an impostor or something…
…某种只是外表看起来是艾拉叔叔的东西
someone who only looks like Ira.
你见过他了吧?
Have you seen him?
我就是刚从他那过来的
I just came from there.
他到底是不是艾拉叔叔呢?
Is he Uncle Ira,
or isn’t he Uncle Ira?
当然是啦
Of course he is.
我跟威尔玛强调过了 可是没有用
I told Wilma that,
but it was no use.
拜托 你有空的话能否顺便过去和她聊聊?
Please, would you stop by
and have a talk with her?
莎莉说我整个下午的日程都排满了…
Sally says I’m booked up
for the afternoon…
不过你为什么不让她过来找我呢
but why don’t you ask her
to come in and see me?
我试试吧
I’ll try.
呃 共进午餐如何?
How about some lunch?
不行 我一会要去店里见爸爸
I can’t.
I’m meeting Dad at the store.
你是什么时候回来的
When did you get back?
两个月前从伦敦回来的
I came back from London
two months ago.
之前我一直是在里诺
【里诺:美国有名的“离婚城市”
位于内华达州西部】
I’ve been in Reno.
里诺?
Reno?
里诺
Reno.
爸爸告诉过我你也曾待在那里
Dad tells me
you were there, too.
五个月前吧
Five months ago.
哦 真遗憾
Oh, I’m sorry.
我有同感
So was I.
我曾希望我们能在那相遇
I wanted it to work.
好吧 我想现在我们终于上了同一条船
I guess that makes us
lodge brothers now.
是的
Yes.
除了我付租你收租的区别以外
Except I’m paying dues
while you collect them.
哈哈哈 米尔斯
Ha ha ha! Miles.
– 哈喽 大夫
– 你好吗?
– Hello, doc.
– How are you?
萨姆!
Sam!
又在贴条了哈?
At it again, eh?
我的护士告诉我你上周来过诊室…
My nurse tells me
you were in last week…
而且迫切要与我会面
and wanted very much
to see me.
没那么严重的啦
It wasn’t anything important.
他跟我们一起上过学吗?
Didn’t he go to college with us?
大二的时候为了结婚退学了…
Quit his second year
to get married…
就像我曾希望咱俩去做的那样
like I wanted us to do.
应该感到庆幸的是我没当真
Just be thankful
I didn’t take you seriously.
不感到庆幸?
You be thankful.
我发现要成为一名医生的妻子…
I found out
that a doctor’s wife…
需要有对爱因斯坦的理解和包容…
needs the understanding
of an Einstein…
还要有圣人的耐心
and patience of a saint.
那爱情呢?
And love?
我怎么知道
I wouldn’t know about that.
我不过是个普通医师而已
I’m just a general practitioner.
爱情这玩意还是留给啥专家们去搞定吧
Love is handled
by the specialists.
好吧 我该走了
Here’s where I leave you.
你知道吗?
You know something?
这该是你最后一次离开我身边
This is where you left me
the last time.
嗨 约翰尼
Hiya, Johnny.
莎莉 我该走了
Sally, I’m off.
告诉接线生我会在自己家里
Tell the answering service
I’ll be at home.
晚安 大夫
Good night, doc.
我不要进去…
I’m not going in there!
别胡闹了!
MRS. GRIMALDl:
Stop all this nonsense.
嘿 嘿 放松点
Hey! Take it easy!
这不是小吉米 格里马尔迪吗?
Isn’t this Jimmy Grimaldi?
是的 大夫
我能跟你谈谈吗?
MRS. GRIMALDl: Yes, Doctor.
Can I talk to you a moment?
当然 知道吗
今早我差点开车撞到你
Sure. I almost
ran you down this morning.
过马路的时候可要加倍小心哦
You got to be careful
when you run out in the road.
来
Come on.
过来
MRS. GRIMALDl: Come on.
嘿!嘿!嘿!
Hey! Hey! Hey!
嘿!别着急
Hey! Slow down now.
去上学也不是那么糟糕的呀
School isn’t as bad as all that.
上学不是让他变成这样的原因
MRS. GRIMALDl:
School isn’t what upsets him.
是我儿媳
It’s my daughter-in-law.
他不知怎么产生的这个疯念头
觉得她不是他妈妈
He’s got the crazy idea
she isn’t his mother.
她不是!她就不是!
She isn’t! She isn’t!
别让她抓住我!
Don’t let her get me!
没人会来抓你的 吉米
Nobody’s going
to get you, Jimmy.
这个症状持续多久了?
How long has this been going on?
一个小时前 我在地窖发现他在那里藏着
MRS. GRIMALDl: An hour ago,
I found him in the cellar.
他一言不发 直到我开始给他妈妈打电♥话♥
He wouldn’t say anything until
I started to phone his mother.
这时他告诉我安娜不是他妈妈
That’s when he said Anna