God’s light shines on you.
上帝的光芒才会照耀在你的身上
Holy shit. I told you about that language.
胡说八道 怎么说话的?
I told you so!
我告诉过你!
Where are the fucking animals now? I’m hungry!
那些该死的动物都哪儿去了? 我饿死了!
I’m fucking hungry! I’m fucking hungry!
我真♥他♥妈♥的饿! 我真♥他♥妈♥的饿!
For a moment she rediscovered the purpose of her life.
霎时间 生存的意义又展现在她面前
She was here on earth to grasp…
这时她领悟到 她活在世上为的是
the meaning of its wild enchantment,
解开大地非凡的美妙之谜
and to call each thing by its right name.
并叫出所有的事物的名称来
By its right name.
所有事物的名称
What is this? What is this one?
这是什么?
This is Viburnum edule. Viburnum edule.
这是酸果蔓 酸果蔓
Hedysarum alpinum.
山岩黄耆
Hedysarum alpinum is wild potato root. Wild potato root.
山岩黄耆就是野生马铃薯的根 野生马铃薯的根
Epilobium angustifolium. Fireweed.
柳兰 火草
Fuck it all. Fuck it all!
操! 操!
What are you doing up? It’s 3:30 in the morning.
你怎么起来了? 这会儿才凌晨三点半
I heard you get off the couch about a half hour ago.
我半个钟头前就听到你起床了
Had a funny feeling you might not be here for our breakfast.
有种预感 你这么早起应该不会是想做早饭
I’m gonna drive you 100 miles to someplace…
我准备开上个一百英里
where you can catch a train, a plane or hitch a ride…
送你到个可以搭火车 飞机 或者搭便车的地方
and not get stuck out in this desert.
不用再困在荒漠里了
I’d take you all the way to Alaska if I didn’t have an 8:00 mass.
早上八点要做弥撒 不然我可以一路送你去阿♥拉♥斯加
Ron, you don’t have to do that. I want to do it.
荣 你不用这样 我想这样
Get you started on this thing of yours.
帮助你开始做你想做的事情
On my great… I know.
开始进行我伟大的… 我知道
On your great Alaskan adventure.
你伟大的阿♥拉♥斯加探险
Here. Here’s a machete.
来 这里有把弯刀
Collapsible fishing pole,
可折叠的钓鱼竿
a few other odds and ends I stuck in there for you.
还有其他一些为你准备的零碎东西
Ron… Just take it.
荣… 你就拿着吧
I’ll get dressed and meet you in the truck.
我去换衣服 车上等你
Well, my friend.
我的朋友
Yep.
到了
I had an idea.
我有个主意
You know, my mother was an only child
我妈妈是独生女
and so was my father,
我爸爸也是独生子
and I was their only child,
我是他们唯一的孩子
so when I’m gone, I’m the end of the line.
所以当我死了 血脉也就断了
My family will be finished.
我的家族就终止了
What do you say you let me adopt you?
你看让我领养你怎么样?
I can be, say, your grandfather.
我可以当 这个 你的祖父
Ron,
荣
could we talk about this when I get back from Alaska?
等我从阿♥拉♥斯加回来了再讨论这个好吗?
Would that be okay?
行不行?
Yeah, yeah. We can do that. Yeah.
行 行 等你回来再说
All right, Ron.
好的 荣
Thank you.
谢谢你
What did his voice sound like now?
他现在的嗓音变了吗?
What would he tell about now?
他现在会说些什么?
nine, ten.
九 十
I realized that the words to my thoughts were of less and less meaning.
我意识到 我的这些内心独白 越来越失去意义
Chris was writing his story,
这是克里斯在书写的他的故事
and it had to be Chris who would tell it.
所以也应该由克里斯本人来讲述
感谢主 永别了 愿上帝保佑所有人
我度过了幸福的一生
To call each thing by its right name.
叫出所有的事物的名称来
By its right name.
所有事物的名称
What if I were smiling
如果我面带微笑
and running into your arms?
投向你们的怀抱
Would you see then
那时你们能否预见
what I see now?
我现在所见的景色?