I’ve been wounded I’ve been healed
我曾伤痕累累 伤口皆已痊愈
Now for landing I’ve been
我朝向终点
Landing I’ve been cleared
清晰明确的终点进发
Sure as I’m breathing Sure as I’m sad
像呼吸一样自然 像悲伤一样真实
I’ll keep this wisdom in my flesh
我将这领悟铭记在心
I leave here believing More than I had
离开时我更加自信
This love has got no ceiling
这份爱永无止境
Where’s your camp?
你的营地在哪里?
I’ve lived in and around here for six years now
我在这附近住了六年了
and I’ve never heard of any place that goes by that name.
从没听说过有这么个地方
Show me how to get there. Yeah.
教我怎么走 好嘞
Ron Franz. Alex.
荣·弗朗兹 亚历克斯
Alex? Where you from, Alex?
亚历克斯? 你打哪儿来的 亚历克斯?
West Virginia.
西弗吉尼亚
Okay, Alex from West Virginia.
好啊 西弗吉尼亚来的亚历克斯
Well, this is something out here.
这地方还不错
Don’t you…
你难道…
Don’t you worry about those dope smokers and nudists down below there?
你难道不担心下面那些 烟鬼和裸体的家伙吗?
No, they keep to themselves pretty much.
不 他们不骚扰外人
You strike me as a bright young man. Am I wrong about that?
我觉得你是个聪明的年轻人 我没看错吧?
I think I’ve got my head on my shoulders pretty good.
我觉得我过得还算不错吧
Well, that’s what I mean.
我就是那个意思
How long you been out here?
你在这儿待了多久了?
Couple of weeks. And before that?
几个礼拜吧 在那之前呢?
A lot of places. Been moving around a lot.
去过很多地方 四处周游
Well, how old are you? Twentythree.
你多大了? 二十三
Twenty-three years old!
才二十三岁!
Son, don’t you think you ought to be getting an education?
孩子 难道你不觉得你应该去上学…
And a job? And making something of this life?
去工作 让人生有所意义吗?
Look, Mr. Franz,
这个 弗朗兹先生
I think careers are a 20th century invention, and I don’t want one.
我觉得职业是二十世纪的发明 我不想要
You don’t need to worry about me. I have a college education.
你不用担心我 我受过大学教育
I’m not destitute. I’m living like this by choice.
我也不是穷困 我选择过这样的生活
In the dirt? Yeah, in the dirt.
在荒漠里? 是 在荒漠里
Where’s your family? Don’t have one anymore.
你的家人在哪? 我不再有家人了
That’s a shame.
真可惜
Hey, Mr. Franz, I want to show you something.
弗朗兹先生 我想让你看样东西
Come on.
跟我来
Come on.
快来
It’s getting a little steep. A little high for me, kid.
这可有点陡了 对我来说有点高 孩子
All right,
好吧
but even from halfway out, it’s quite a sight, isn’t it?
但即使从半山腰看过去 也是非常美的景色 不是吗?
From the top, you can see all the way to the Salton Sea, too.
站山顶上 你能一眼望到索尔顿湖
You can see the Salton Sea from up there?
在山顶能看到索尔顿湖?
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
My goodness.
我的天哪
You don’t want to go up?
你不想上去吧?
Nope. I don’t do these kind of things.
不了 我不想做这种事情
I spent most of my life in the Army.
我在军营度过了我的大半辈子
New Year’s Eve, 1957, I was stationed in Okinawa.
1957年新年前夕 我驻扎在冲绳
My wife and son were here in the States just driving down the road,
我的妻子和孩子在美国 她俩开着车在路上
and some fella who’d had too much to drink plowed right into them.
几个家伙喝高了 直接开车撞上她们
Killed them both.
害死了她俩
Now you might think the last thing I would do in the world
你可能会想我最不应该做的
is go to the whiskey.
就是借酒浇愁
But at the time, it felt like the only thing I could do.
但在当时 那是我唯一做的事
And I did it hard!
我喝得昏天黑地
But pretty soon I realized
但很快我意识到
I wasn’t doing my wife and son any good mourning them with the bottle.
我再怎么借酒浇愁 也是死者长已矣了
So I pulled myself together and I quit drinking,
于是我振作起来 戒了酒
cold turkey.
一下子就戒了
So since all that, this is pretty much me.
从那以后 这就是我的生活了
Do you ever travel, Mr. Franz?
你旅行过吗 弗朗兹先生?
No, I can’t seem to get too far from my leather.
没有 我离不开我的皮革
I do a lot of leather engraving. I got a little workshop out in the garage.
我做了很多皮革雕刻品 车♥库♥那有我的小工作间
Between that and my pension, I do pretty well.
有了这生意和我的养老金 我过得很宽裕
But every time I think I might take a trip somewhere,
但每次我动心思想去哪儿旅行
I get too far behind on orders and such to consider it.
完不成订单之类的担心就会冒出来
When we finish eating, I’d love to see your workshop.
等吃完了 我想参观一下你的工作室
Would you? Oh, yeah.
是吗? 是的
I was hoping you’d say that.
我正等着你说这句话呢
It’s amazing how malleable this is. Yeah, it is.
这东西居然能展这么宽 是啊
When the leather is wet you can really…
皮革打湿之后 你就能
It’s like butter. Yeah.
就像黄油一样 是啊
It’s amazing. And then it hardens up, and, I mean, it stays right there.
非常神奇 等它变硬了 痕迹就留在上面了
A good whack with the mallet. Crack it down. Whack. Bang.
小心地用锤子敲下去 敲下去 敲
I went to South Dakota. I worked at a grain elevator
我去过南达科他 在一个农场工作
for this guy named Wayne. He was a really good guy.
给一个叫韦恩的家伙干活 他真是个好人
So I took the Colorado River
然后我到了科罗拉多河
all the way down through the Grand Canyon and did rapids,
沿着河一路南下 穿过大峡谷 漂过急流
which is by far one of the scariest things I’ve ever done.
漂流是我迄今为止最为惊险的经历
And I took the Colorado down into Mexico,
然后我顺着科罗拉多河
Golfo, where I got stuck.
到了墨西哥哥佛湾 在那被困住了
Salvation Mountain. The Slabs.
石板城的救赎山
What’s the “N” stand for?
N代表什么?
North.
北方
Alaska?
阿♥拉♥斯加?
Son, what the hell are you running from?
孩子 你究竟在逃避什么?
You know, I can ask you the same question!
你知道 我可以问你同样的问题
Except I already know the answer!
不过我已经知道答案
You do, do you?
你知道了 是吗?
I do, Mr. Franz! You got to get back out in the world!
是的 弗朗兹先生 你必须得重新融入社会!
Get out of that Ionely house, that little workshop of yours.
走出那幢寂寞的房♥子 走出你的小工作室
Get back out on the road! Really!
重新上路! 真的!
You’re going to live a long time, Ron!
你还要活很长时间 荣!
You should make a radical change in your lifestyle!
你必须对你的生活方式来个大改变!
I mean, the core of man’s spirit comes from new experiences.
我的意思是 人要靠体验新事物来保持活力
And there you are, stubborn old man, sitting on your butt.
但你看看你 一个固执的老头子 屁♥股♥都不挪窝
Sitting on my butt? Yeah.
屁♥股♥不挪窝? 是的
I’ll show you sitting on my butt!
我倒要让你瞧瞧我是怎么挪窝的!
“Stubborn old man.”
固执的老头子
I’ll show you!
你给我瞧好了!
Come on, then! Come on.
那就来吧! 来吧
Sitting on my butt? Yeah.
屁♥股♥不挪窝? 是吧?
Come on, old man. Come climbing.
来吧 老头子 继续爬
Sitting on my butt.
屁♥股♥不挪窝
Come on. Keep going!
加油 继续!
You’re doing great!
你很厉害啊!
Keep going. Keep going, Ron! Yeah!
继续 继续 荣! 好的!
Can anybody see this? God, are you watching this right now? Yeah.
你们看到了吗? 上帝 你现在看到了吗?
You all right? You little pinhead!
你还好吧? 你个臭小子!
I’m gonna miss you when you go.
你走了我会想你的
I’ll miss you, too, Ron.
我也会想你的 荣
But you’re wrong if you think…
不过 如果你认为人生的快乐
that the joy of life comes principally from human relationships.
主要源自人际关系 那你就大错特错了
God’s placed it all around us. It’s in everything.
上帝将快乐赐给世间万物 快乐无处不在
It’s in anything we can experience.
我们能从所有事物中体验快乐
People just need to change the way they look at those things.
我们要做的是 改变我们看待事物的方法
Yeah, I’m gonna take stock of that.
是啊 你说得很有道理
No, I am.
我也要改变了
I am.
真的该改变了
But I wanted to tell you something.
但我得告诉你一件事
From the bits and pieces I put together,
我把你告诉我的那些点点滴滴拼凑起来
you know, from what you told me about your family, your mother and your dad.
你知道的 关于你的家人 你的父母
And I know you’ve got your problems with the church, too.
我也知道你对基♥督♥教义也有所怀疑
But there’s some kind of bigger thing we can all appreciate,
但确实有一种我们都心存感激的至高无上的存在
and it sounds like you don’t mind calling it God.
而且你似乎也不介意把它说成上帝
But when you forgive,
但只有你学会原谅
you love.
你才能去爱
And when you love,
只有你去爱了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!