Helmet, man!
头盔 伙计!
I’m Supertramp!
我是超级流浪者
If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason,
如果我们承认人类的生活 为理智所统治
the possibility of life is destroyed.
人生的可能性则被摧毁
Hello!
你好!
Hello.
你好
Come. Join us.
快来 到我们这来
We have hot dogs.
我们有热狗
I’m Mads. Mads?
我是麦兹 麦兹?
Mads. Hi. Mads.
麦兹 你好 麦兹
Alex. Hi, Alex.
亚历克斯 你好 亚历克斯
Hey. I’m Sonja.
我是索雅
Hey, Alex.
亚历克斯
We are from Copenhagen, and you are from the rapids.
我们从哥本哈根来 你从急流那里过来
I am.
是的
You’re crazy! You’re crazy, man. My God!
你很疯狂! 你很疯狂 伙计 我的天!
Sonja, get away from him. Get away from him.
索雅 从他身边离开 快离开
He’s crazy! Look, he’s crazy.
他很疯狂! 瞧 他是疯子
I’ll make you a hot dog. One minute.
我给你做个热狗 等一下
I love this. Don’t you love this?
我喜欢这个 你喜欢吗?
You know, this is nature.
你知道 这是大自然
So where are you going?
你要去哪里?
I haven’t decided yet. Really?
我还没有决定 真的?
Well, we like it here very much. And it’s so good to meet you, man.
我们很喜欢这里 很高兴见到你 伙计
So good to meet you.
实在很高兴见到你
You know, we went to Los Angeles, and then we went to Las Vegas.
我们去了洛杉矶 然后去了拉斯维加斯
Oh, yeah. Las Vegas is very nice. The universe is so good.
拉斯维加斯很不错 这世界太棒了
The universe is very good. You know what I mean?
这世界太棒了 你知道我的意思?
Yeah. The whole universe.
是的 整个大自然
Just the place. The city, she means.
她是说 就是这个地方 这个城市
Her English is not very good.
她的英语不太好
But then we came here.
但是我们来到这里
I don’t care if she’s a little stupid, but I like her.
尽管她有点傻 但是我喜欢她
You know you can actually go all the way down to Mexico from here.
你知道吗 你可以沿着这个方向一直走到墨西哥
Yeah? Yeah.
真的? 是的
You can take the kayak, and you can take it all the way around…
你可以坐皮筏去 一路漂过去
down to Hoover Dam, you can sail around,
到达胡佛大坝 你可以坐船周游
and then from there you can take the river all the way down to Mexico!
然后从那里顺着河流一直到墨西哥
Really? Yeah.
真的? 是的
Come on, come on!
快点 快点!
She’s so slow sometimes.
她有时反应有点慢
Here’s the map. But I like her.
给你地图 但是我喜欢她
Here. Hoover Dam. Okay.
这儿 胡佛大坝 好的
About 330 kilometers, I think.
我觉得大概330公里
Miles? Yeah, miles, about 200 miles.
多少英里? 对 英里 大概200英里
Two hundred miles. Two hundred miles. Yeah, man.
200英里 200英里 对 伙计
You know, I wonder if I could paddle
我想是不是可以划船
all the way down that into the Gulf of California.
一直抵达加利福尼亚湾
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can. You know, I will go with you.
你可以的 我会和你一起去
I will go with you. We leave Sonja here, and then we take the kayak.
我会和你一起去 我们把索雅留在这 然后坐上皮筏
No, no. We go all the way down into Mexico.
不不 我们要一路奔向墨西哥
You know, because in every man’s heart, there is a Mexican mistress.
你知道 在每个男人心里 都有一个墨西哥女人
Oh, man.
伙计
I’ve gotta go, you guys. I’m really sorry. I gotta go.
我要走了 伙计们 真的很抱歉 我得走了
What’s going on? Why?
发生了什么? 为什么?
The river patrol’s after me. I’m actually not supposed to be here, you know.
河道巡逻队在追我 我本不应该到这里
You have to have, like, a permit,
你必须要有个像是许可证
it’s like a government thing to be here, and I didn’t get one.
一个类似政♥府♥给的东西 而我没有
If you see anybody, any of the rangers or anything,
如果你看到任何人 任何巡警或别的什么
just tell them you didn’t see me, okay?
就说没有看见我 好吗?
Okay.
好的
Okay, again, I’m really, really sorry, man. I wish I could stay, you know.
我真的真的很抱歉 伙计 我很想留下来
Take care, man.
保重 伙计
All right. Take care, Mads. Nice to meet you.
好的 保重 麦兹 很高兴见到你
Bye, Alex. I wish… I wish I could stay.
再见 亚历克斯 我希望… 我希望能留下来
Say hello to Mexico from me.
把我的问候带到墨西哥
Bye, Alex!
再见 亚历克斯!
It would be Christmas in a couple of months,
再过几个月就是圣诞了
and the last news we’d had was about his car being found.
我们得知的最新消息就是他的车被找到了
I woke up a couple of days ago, and for the first time, it bothered me
几天前我醒来的时候 第一次 我也开始担心
that it wasn’t only my parents who hadn’t heard from Chris.
不只是父母没有克里斯的消息
Honey?
亲爱的?
It’s me. I’m sorry. Everything that happened, it’s my fault.
是我 对不起 事情都发生了 这是我的错
Give me another chance.
再给我一次机会
Please do that… Come on. Do that for me.
求你了… 快点 求求你了
Come on. They’re calling for another quarter right now,
快点 现在要求我再放另一个硬币了
and I ain’t got it, so will you hurry it up?
我没有硬币了 你能不能快点?
Come on now, don’t hang up on me.
快点 不要这样对我
Hey, here’s a quarter.
给你一个硬币
Thank you.
谢谢
There’s a quarter just happened out of the sky,
天上掉下来一个硬币
so I’m on here talking to you again.
我再跟你说一遍
I got the quarter now, let’s… No, no, no, no, no!
我有硬币了 我们… 不不不不不!
I wondered why he hadn’t tried to call in case I might answer.
我想知道为什么他没试着打个电♥话♥ 也许我会接到
He could’ve hung up if it wasn’t me.
他可以挂断如果不是我接的话
Why wouldn’t he send a letter, maybe through a friend?
为什么他一封信也不寄来 也许可以通过一个朋友?
It hurt a little,
我有点不安
but I told myself it was good.
但是我告诉自己这样很好
He knew I loved him enough to bear with the not knowing.
他知道我爱他 能够忍♥受一无所知
And it helped me remember that there was something more than rebellion,
这也帮我记住一些事情 不只是背叛
more than anger that was driving him.
不只是愤怒在驱使着他
Chris had always been driven, had always been an adventurer.
克里斯总是被驱使 总是一个冒险者
When he was four years old,
他四岁的时候
he once wandered six blocks away from home at 3:00 in the morning.
有一次凌晨三点他游荡在 离家六个街区之外的地方
He was found in a neighbor’s kitchen
他在一个邻居的厨房♥里被发现
up on a chair, digging through their candy drawer.
站在椅子上 在他们家的糖果抽屉里挖掘
Whatever drawer he was opening now…
不管他现在打开的是哪个抽屉
must have something pretty sweet in it.
里面一定有非常甜美的东西
You lived in a cave for 36 days? Yes, sir.
你在一个洞里住了36天? 是的
And how did you get into Mexico in the first place?
你一开始是怎么进入墨西哥的?
Through the spillway at Morelos Dam.
通过莫雷洛斯大坝的泄洪道
River dries out pretty quickly beyond there, doesn’t it?
河水在那里流得很快 对吗?
Yeah. Turns into a maze of irrigation canals,
是的 进入了灌溉运河的迷宫
thanks to our dams up north.
幸亏我们的大坝在北面
So I ported my kayak over the desert,
我拖着我的皮筏越过沙漠
and I hitched down to Golfo.
搭顺风车去到了哥佛湾
But after a few weeks, a sandstorm came up and blew the kayak away.
但是几周以后 一场沙尘暴把皮筏吹走了
So I walked back north. Here I am.
所以我向北往回走 就到了这
Well, you just can’t be crossing the borders without any identification.
那么 没有身份证你就不能跨越边境
Are we understood? Yes, sir.
你明白吗? 是的
I’ve eaten enough sand to send me back to the city anyway.
我吃够了沙子才回到了城市
All right. Sit tight. I’ll be right back.
好的 好好坐着 我就回来
Some may ask, “Why act now? Why not wait?”
有些人会问 为什么现在行动? 为什么不等待?
The answer is clear. The world could wait no longer.
答案很清楚 世界再也等不下去了
Hi. Do you have the time?
你知道现在的时间吗?
Time? Time?
时间? 时间?
Yeah.
是的
Okay.
算了
Front and back.
盖的和垫的
I don’t have any more clipboards, so get one from the other fellas.
我这没纸板了 你从其他人那要块吧
Next. Hi.
下一个
Can you tell me how to get an ID?
您能告诉我怎么办身份证吗?
Did you lose your identification, sir? Yeah.
先生 你的身份证丢了吗? 是的
No birth certificate? Nothing?
没有出生证? 什么都没有?
Ouch.
哎呀
All right. Well, you’re gonna have to work that out with the DMV.
好吧 这样 你得去找车辆管理局帮忙
You can catch them in the morning. The closest one is Montebello,
你一早就过去找他们 最近的一个在蒙地贝罗
and we can help you with the bus voucher.
我们可以提供乘车凭证
So just come to this desk when you’re ready for the voucher.
如果你需要的话就来这儿领
Okay. What’s your name?
好吧 你叫什么名字?