not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong,
不必变得强大 但是去感受强大
to measure yourself at least once,
至少来估量自己一次
to find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions,
在人类最古老的环境中 去找寻一次自我
facing the blind, deaf stone alone
独自面对着无声无息的岩石
with nothing to help you but your hands and your own head.
不借助任何外界帮助 只依靠你的双手和你自己的头脑
There’s a big wave coming!
大浪来了!
Rainey, I’m freezing!
雷尼 我冻死了!
Could you put your arms around me?
你能抱着我吗?
The Navy bulldozed and abandoned this base down there,
海军破坏并废弃了那边的基地
and all that’s left is this huge grid of concrete foundations,
只剩下些巨大的钢筋混凝土地基
or slabs.
我们管那叫石板
Man, you would dig the Slabs.
伙计 你一定得去看看
You would like it. You would like it.
你会喜欢的 你会喜欢的
If you’re on the road still. You’d love it.
如果你喜欢流浪 你会喜欢的
Fellow travelers.
有一群同路人
Just living on the cheap under the sun. Can’t beat it.
在阳光下简单地生活 没有比这更好的了
Sounds good.
听起来不错
If you come, I’ll make you a proper hat.
如果你过来 我会给你做一顶合适的帽子
Promise? I swear to God.
你保证? 我向上帝发誓
Oh, baby. Baby.
宝贝 宝贝
Stop it. Wait. Yeah.
停下 等等 好
Oh, yes. Okay.
对 好的
Let me turn off the light.
让我关了灯
He reminded me of… I know.
他让我想起… 我知道
Just where to put all your faith And how will it grow?
何处放下你全部信仰 且看它如何生长?
Gonna rise up
太阳冉冉升
Burning back holes in dark memories
燃尽尘封记忆中黑洞
Gonna rise up
太阳冉冉升
Turning mistakes into gold
给错误映上金光
I mean, you’re really good. I mean, you’re like…
我想说 你真的很棒 我是说 你就像…
100,000 times better than, like, any apple I’ve ever had.
十万倍的好吃于我吃过的所有苹果
I’m not Superman, I’m Supertramp.
我不是超人 是超级流浪者
You’re Superapple.
你是超级苹果
You’re so tasty. You’re so organic, so natural.
你太美味了 你是那么新鲜 那么自然
You’re the apple of my eye.
你是我眼中的唯一
Hey! Such is the passage of time Too fast to fold
时光流逝 如白驹过隙
And suddenly swallowed by signs Lo and behold
你瞧 倏然间被痕迹吞噬
Gonna rise up
太阳冉冉升
Find my direction magnetically
找到我的方向有如磁石指引
Gonna rise up
太阳冉冉升
Throw down my ace in the hole
甩下我手中的王牌
In early September,
九月初
Mom and Dad got a call from the Annandale police
爸妈接到了安纳达尔警方打来的电♥话♥
notifying them that Chris’ abandoned car
说亚利桑那州公路巡警
had been identified by the Arizona Highway Patrol.
找到了克里斯遗弃的车子
A group of rare flower hunters stumbled upon it in the desert.
一群探寻稀有花种的人 偶然在沙漠里发现了它
There were no signs that Chris had intended to return to it.
没有迹象表明克里斯试图回到那里
But there wasn’t any evidence of struggle, either.
但也没有他挣扎抵抗的证据
The police thought Chris had chosen to leave it behind
警方认为克里斯是自愿抛弃的
and not that it was taken from him.
而不是被人抢走的
The initial comfort that gave Mom and Dad quickly turned
这个消息一开始还能安慰爸妈
to the realization that Chris was actually trying not to be found.
但他们很快意识到克里斯根本不想被人找到
Strong.
坚强
You can do anything. You can go anywhere.
你可以做任何事 你可以去任何地方
Money, power is an illusion. It’s up here.
金钱 权力只是幻象 仅此而已
You can be here.
你可以做到
Me and you.
我和你
One, two. No, no, no.
一 二 不不不
Two,
二
three…
三…
Don’t be shy with it. Get it moving there. That’s good.
不要畏缩 继续前进 太棒了
That’s your speed right here. Right.
你就按这个速度 好的
You go too fast, you won’t get all the wheat.
开太快就不能割到全部小麦
That’s it, straight line, straight line, little straighter.
就这样 走直线 走直线 直一点
See how you’re bearing? Just a little straighter.
看你怎么开的? 再直一点
Now you’re a combiner.
现在你是收割机驾驶员了
Wow, look at this view!
看这个景色
But keep your eye on the wheat, here. Make sure you’re cutting it.
但是这里你要盯着小麦 确保你在割麦
You can look back here and see how much is coming out, all right.
你可以从这里往后看 看看完成了多少
How do you feel? I feel great.
感觉怎么样? 我觉得很好
Okay, keep it straight. God bless you.
好的 保持直线前进 上帝保佑你
Make yourself some money, my friend. I’ll see you in a little bit.
给自己赚点钱 朋友 晚点见
Okay.
好
Wayne. Where you going?
韦恩 你要去哪里?
Kevin, you know I love you.
凯文 你知道我爱你
I’m joking with you. I’m joking. Stop it.
我跟你开玩笑 开玩笑的 得了
I’m joking with you. Mind your own business, Wayne!
我跟你开玩笑 少管闲事 韦恩!
What are you getting so hostile for? I don’t know.
你怎么这么凶? 我不知道
Me and you are on the same side. We’re on the same side.
我和你是一伙的 我们是一伙的
I’m just tired of the teasing a lot.
我讨厌总是被嘲笑
Kevin, we’re on the same side.
凯文 我们是一伙的
Let me get some… If I want some vagina, let me get it.
让我… 如果我想要个婊♥子♥ 给我一个
Whoa. He’s serious about this. Let’s just play cards.
他是当真的 我们打牌吧
Can we just play cards? Let’s go, then.
我们就打牌好吗? 那么来吧
$2, $4, $6, just put all the money in.
2元 4元 6元 把钱都放上来
I just wanna see everybody going for broke.
我想看到每个人全力以赴
You want to play? No.
你想玩吗? 不
Kevin, what have you got for the week? I got 260.
凯文 这个星期你有多少? 我有260
We’re at 260.
我们有260
We’re gonna stay right at 260, that’s our number.
我们就要260 那是我们的数字
We’ve got 20,000 pounds.
我们有20000磅
We’ve got 20,000 pounds we need to get rid of.
我们有20000磅 得赶紧处理掉
Maybe just do all that after lunch before…
我们也许就在午饭后动手
we get back into everything else.
在所有事情变回原样之前
Can we do the $500 reserves…
我们可以储备500美金吗…
What do you think about all this?
你觉得这一切怎么样?
I like all this.
我喜欢这一切
I don’t think he can do it.
我不觉得他能做这事
Is there a library or bookstore around here
这儿有图书馆或是书店吗?
where I can get books on hunting and preserving?
我从哪里可以弄到打猎和防腐的书?
Anything at all to do with hunting or preserving the meat,
任何关于打猎或是保存肉类的问题
smoking it, whatever the hell it is,
或是烟熏 不管什么
talk to Kevin over there. That’s your man.
和那边的凯文谈谈 他很在行
Outdoorsman. What’s your fascination with all that stuff?
出门在外的人 你做的那些 都是为了什么梦想?
I’m going to Alaska.
我要去阿♥拉♥斯加
Alaska, Alaska? Or city Alaska?
阿♥拉♥斯加 野外? 还是阿♥拉♥斯加城?
Because they do have markets in Alaska.
因为阿♥拉♥斯加应该有商店的
The city of Alaska. Not in Alaska. In the city of Alaska, they have markets.
阿♥拉♥斯加城 而不是野外 城里有商店可以买♥♥东西
No, man. Alaska, Alaska.
不是城里 伙计 是野外
I’m gonna be all the way out there, all the way fucking out there.
我要一直走到那里 一直一直走到那里
Just on my own.
就靠我自己
You know, no fucking watch, no map,
没有该死的手表 没有地图
no ax, no nothing. No nothing.
没有斧子 没有任何东西
Just be out there. Just be out there in it.
就在荒野之中 就在荒野之中
You know, big mountains, rivers, sky, game.
你知道 高山 河流 天空 猎物
Just be out there in it, you know? In the wild.
在那其中生活 你知道吗? 在荒野中
In the wild. Just wild.
在荒野中 只有荒野
Yeah. Just…
对 就…
What are you doing when we’re there?
你在那里做什么?
Now you’re in the wild, what are we doing?
现在你在荒野中 我们做什么?
You’re just living, man.
你们仅仅是活着 伙计
You’re just there, in that moment, in that special place and time.
你就是在那里 在那个时刻 在特定的地点和时间
Yeah.
对
Maybe when I get back, I can write a book about my travels.
也许我回来的时候 我能写一本关于我旅行的书
Why not?
为什么不呢?
You know, about getting out of this sick society.
你知道 就写逃离这个病态的社会
Society! Society!
社会! 社会!
Society, man! Society!
社会 伙计! 社会!
Society! Society! Society!
社会! 社会! 社会!
Society, you know! Society!
社会 你知道! 社会!