Mom!
妈妈!
Mom! Help me.
妈妈! 救我
What is it?
怎么了?
I wasn’t dreaming, Walt. I didn’t imagine it.
那不是梦 沃特 我没有做梦
I heard him. I heard him.
我听到他的声音了 我听到了
I heard him. I heard Chris.
我听到了 是克里斯
I heard him! I know.
我听到了! 我知道
No. I wasn’t imagining it, Walt.
不 我没有做梦
No, I did. He’s… He’s…
不 他… 他…
I heard him! Billie.
我听到了! 比莉
That’s about as far as I can get you.
我只能送你到这里了
All right. Thank you.
好的 谢谢
You left all your shit on my dash. Keep it.
你还有堆垃圾在我的仪表盘上 你留着吧
Suit yourself.
随便你吧
Thanks again.
谢啦
Hey, hold on a minute.
嘿 等一下
Here, take these. They’ll keep your feet dry.
拿着这个 穿着脚不容易湿
If you make it out alive, give me a call.
如果你活着回来 给我打个电♥话♥
My number’s inside the boots.
我的号♥码就在靴子里
Thanks.
谢谢
Hello?
你好?
Is there anybody here?
这儿有人吗?
Guess not!
大概没有!
Two years he walks the earth.
两年来 他行走在这片土地上
No phone, no pool, no pets,
没有电♥话♥ 没有泳池 没有宠物
no cigarettes.
没有香烟
Ultimate freedom.
无拘无束
An extremist. An aesthetic voyager
一个极端主义者 一个追逐美的旅人
whose home is the road.
脚下的路就是他的家
Hey, listen, old man. Now, don’t psychoanalyze me, all right?
嘿 听着 老头 不要对我做精神分♥析♥ 好吗?
Shut up. I’m taking you out to where we’re going.
闭嘴 我正带你去目的地呢
Where you going?
你们去哪里?
I told you. We’re going nowhere!
我告诉你 我们哪里也不去!
So now, after two rambling years comes the final and greatest adventure.
现在 在两年的流浪之后 最后也是最大的冒险来临了
The climactic battle to kill
消灭虚伪的存在
the false being within
胜利实现灵魂革命
and victoriously conclude the spiritual revolution.
的终极一役
No longer to be poisoned by civilization, he flees,
不再受俗世文明毒蚀 他遁世而逸
and walks alone upon the land to become
独自行走在陆上
lost in the wild.
隐没在荒野中
hard work and manifold contributions to our community during their time here,
他们在校期间勤奋努力 做出了多方面的贡献
we salute you and offer all of you
我们向你们致敬 并致与你们
one more round of applause and congratulations.
再一次掌声与祝贺
Nina Lynn Lockwynn.
尼娜·琳恩·洛克维恩
Vanessa Denise Lowery.
瓦内萨·丹尼斯·洛维里
Christopher Johnson McCandless.
克里斯多夫·强森·麦坎得勒斯
Regina Victoria McNabb.
瑞吉娜·维多利亚·麦克奈布
I see them standing at the formal gates of their colleges.
我能看见他们毕业时站在校门的模样
I see my father strolling out under the ochre sandstone arch,
我看见父亲徘徊在赭色的砂岩拱门下
the red tiles glinting like bent plates of blood behind his head.
在他脑后闪烁的红色瓷砖 就像弯曲的血板
I see my mother with a few light books at her hip,
我看见母亲拿着几本书依在臀边
standing at the pillar made of tiny bricks…
站在小砖砌成的柱子旁
with the wrought-iron gates
身后的铸铁大门依然敞开
still open behind her, its sword-tips black in the May air.
门上的剑尖在五月的天空划出一道黑色
They are about to graduate.
他们即将毕业
They are about to get married.
他们即将结婚
They are kids. They are dumb.
他们是孩子 涉世未深
All they know is they are innocent,
他们只知道彼此纯洁无辜
they would never hurt anybody.
绝不会伤害任何人
I want to go up to them and say, “Stop, don’t do it.
我想上前对他们说 停 不要这么做
She’s the wrong woman, he’s the wrong man.
她不是适合你的女人 他不是适合你的男人
You are going to do things you cannot imagine you would ever do.
你们会做出一些你们意想不到的事
You are going to do bad things to children.
你们会对孩子造成伤害
You are going to suffer in ways you never heard of.
你们会经受不曾听闻的痛苦
You are going to want to die.
你们会痛不欲生
I want to go up to them there in the late May sunlight and say it.
我想在五月末的阳光下 走上前告诉他们
But I don’t do it. I want to live.
但是我没这么做 说了也就没有我的出现了
I take them up like the male and female paper dolls,
我想拿起他俩 像两个纸人
and bang them together
然后把他俩狠狠撞在一起
at the hips like chips of flint, as if to strike sparks from them. I say,
让他们像撞火石一样撞出火花 然后说
Do what you are going to do and I will tell about it.
你们想怎么做就怎么做吧 我会告诉你们结果的
Here they are, Walt. Okay?
他们来了 沃特 好吗?
Who wrote that?
谁写的?
Well, could have been either one of us, couldn’t it?
应该是我们中的一人 是不是?
Why is he letting Carine drive his car?
为什么让卡琳开车?
There’s a lot of great poems in here.
书里有很多好诗
I have to speak to her about it.
我必须和她谈谈
Sit down.
你坐着吧
Excuse me. I’m going to get my son.
对不起 我要去迎接我儿子
He just graduated today from Emory College.
他刚从埃默里大学毕业
I’ll get it. I’ll get it.
我来吧 我来吧
Chris, hi! We’ve been waiting and waiting.
克里斯 嗨! 我们等好久了
You scared me half to death jumping up there on that stage like that.
你刚那样跳到台上 把我吓了个半死
Hi, Dad. Congratulations, Son.
嗨 爸爸 恭喜你 儿子
This is a big step. Thank you, Dad.
这是重大的一步啊 谢谢你 爸爸
All right.
好吧
You’re not supposed to be driving in Georgia.
你不应该在乔治亚州开车
Why? I have my permit.
为什么? 我有驾照
‘Cause it’s against the law for a learner’s permit
因为拿新手驾照在其它州开车
to drive in another state from one’s home state. That’s why.
是违法的 这就是原因
I didn’t know that. I thought
我不知道啊 我以为
that if I was with a legal driver that it’d be okay.
有一个合法的司机在一起就可以了
Well, let’s…
好 我们…
Are they going to continue? No.
他们还一直这样吗? 不会
I guess everybody’s celebrating today.
我猜今天每个人都在庆祝
They’re going to stay in the bar, right? That’s right.
他们只会待在吧台那里 对吗? 是的
My grades are good enough, I think, to get into Harvard Law.
我的成绩很好 我觉得足以进哈佛法学院了
Chris, that’s wonderful.
克里斯 太棒了
That is a big deal.
这可是件大事
How much do you have left in the college fund?
你的大学基金还剩多少?
Exactly $24,500.68.
确切地说是24500.68美元
Well, that’s specific.
真够精确的了
I had to go to the bank this morning, Mom.
我上午去了趟银行 妈妈
Your mother and I will be glad to contribute the balance for Harvard.
你妈和我很高兴 再支援点钱供你上哈佛
That’s right.

I’ve got to figure out what I’m going to do.
我要想一下我要做什么
I’ve got a lot of things to pack and organize here first.
我还有很多东西要先打包整理
Your father and I, we want to make a present to you.
你♥爸♥和我想送你份礼物
We want to get you out of that junker.
我们想让你摆脱那个垃圾
What junker?
什么垃圾?
That.
那个
We want to buy you a new car. That’s right.
我们想给你买♥♥辆新车 对
A new car?
新车?
Why would I want a new car?
为什么我要新车?
Datsun runs great.
达特桑运行良好
Do you think I want some fancy boat?
你们以为我想要那些招摇过市的东西?
Are you worried what the neighbors might think?
你们是在担心邻居们怎么想吗?
Well, we weren’t gonna get you a brand new Cadillac, Chris.
行了 我们又不打算给你买♥♥凯迪拉克 克里斯
We just want to get you a nice new car that’s safe to drive.
我们只是想给你一辆完好的新车 开起来安全一些
And you never know when that thing out there just might blow up.
那辆破玩意儿随时可能会爆♥炸♥
Blow up. Blow up? Are you guys crazy? It’s a great car.
爆♥炸♥ 爆♥炸♥? 你们疯了吗? 那是辆好车
I don’t need a new car. I don’t want a new car.
我不需要一辆新车 我不想要一辆新车
I don’t want anything. Okay.
我什么都不想要 好的
These things, things, things, things. Okay.
这东西 那东西 这东西 那东西 好吧
Everything has to be difficult. Thank you.
任何事都会是麻烦 谢谢
Thank you. Maybe that’s not what he means.
谢谢 也许他不是这个意思
Maybe he just wants his old car. It’s not such a big deal.
也许他只是想保留自己的旧车 这没什么关系
Thank you. I just don’t want anything.
谢谢 我只是不想要什么东西
Chris measured himself and those around him
克里斯以一种异常严苛的道德准则
by a fiercely rigorous moral code.
审视自己和身边的一切

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!