转达他经过充分考虑的大使级意见
And delivered his considered ambassadorial opinion
他说温斯顿·丘吉尔是一个酗酒者
He said winston churchill is a drunk,
一个战争贩子 一个恶棍
A warmonger, a bully.
乔伊·肯尼迪是主和派 他不得不这样说
Joe kennedy’s an appeaser. He’s bound to say that.
没错
True.
另一方面 平心而论乔伊
On the other hand, to be fair to joe
当我第一次见到温斯顿 我同样不喜欢他
When I first met Winston, I didn’t like him either.
那是20年前了
It was 20 years ago,
在伦敦一场盛大的正式晚宴
A big formal dinner in london.
他的行为好像个卑鄙小人
He acted like a stinker.
那种我厌恶的英国势利小人
The sort of british snob I detest.
但就像我说的 那是20年前了
But as I say, that was 20 years ago.
那现在呢
And now?
他可能嗜酒 也可能是个战争贩子
He may be a drunk, he may be a warmonger,
但他一定是名战士
But he’s certainly a fighter.
“首相致总统 非官方 绝密
“prime minister to president, personal and secret.
我相信你意识到来自美国国内的声音
I trust you realize that the voice and force
和压力都算不上什么
Of the united states may count for nothing
如果纠结太久
If they are withheld too long.
一个完全被征服的纳粹化的欧洲
You may have a completely subjugated nazified europe
以惊人迅速的建立起来
Established with astonishing swiftness,
而这将是你我不能承受之重
And the weight may be more than we can bear.
因此 生死存亡之际
We must ask therefore
我们必须请求
For whatever help and reinforcements you can provide
一切您可能提供的帮助以及增援
As a matter of life and death.
总统先生 带着无限的敬意
Mr. president, with great respect
我必须告诉您
I must tell you that
在世间漫长的历史上
in the long history of the world,
这就是现在要做的事情
This is the thing to do now.”
早晨好 长官
Good morning, sir.
先生们 请起立 首相到
On your feet, gentlemen- – the prime minister!
-早晨好 先生们 -早晨好 阁下
– Good morning, gentlemen. – Good morning, sir.
你今天有任务吗 空军上尉
Have you been in action today, flight lieutenant?
没有长官 B队执行早间巡查
No, sir. b-flight did the early patrol.
-暂时没有侦查到敌机 -你呢
– Not seen much trade since. – How about you?
-你击落几架敌机 -4架 阁下 也许是5架
– How many huns have you brought down? – Four, sir, maybe five.
-我周一打下了两架 -很好
– I got two on monday. – Very good.
接下来的两天非常重要
The next two days’ll be crucial.
如果希♥特♥勒♥赢了空中战役
If Hitler wins the battle of the air,
他就赢了对英国的战役
he wins the battle for Britain.
-就靠你们了 -来杯茶吗 阁下
– It depends on you. – Would you like a mug of tea, sir?
天 才不 我妻子才喝茶呢
Good god, no! my wife drinks that.
我确信可以在军官餐厅
I’m sure we can find you
给您弄到烈酒 阁下
Something stronger in the officer’s mess, sir.
我可不想让任何人惹上麻烦
I wouldn’t like to get anyone into trouble.
鉴于是您 阁下 我确定没问题
Seeing as it’s you, sir, I’m sure it’ll be fine.
-您要那种威士忌 阁下 -紧急起飞!
– Johnny Walker or Haig, sir? – Scramble!
梅德斯通上空发现天使十二 紧急起飞
Angels twelve over Maidstone! scramble!
保持联络
Contact!
我们有多少候补飞行员
What reserves do we have?
一个都没有
There are none.
他们太年轻
They’re so young.
人数太少
And so few of them.
而现在
And yet…
我们将整个国家和王室的未来
On these few young men, these boys,
都托付在这群年轻人身上
We are entrusting the future of our entire nation and empire.
从未有如此少的人
Never has so much been
背负如此多人的期望
owed by so many to so few.
卓克 做记录
Make a note, jock.
在人类战争史上
“never on the field of human conflict
从未有如此少的人
Has so much been owed by so many
背负如此多人的期望
To so few.”
我一会儿可能会用到的
I might use that later.
英伦三岛所有家庭的感谢
“the gratitude of every home in our island
献给英军飞行员 他们不畏艰险
Goes out to the british airmen who, undaunted by odds,
凭借自己的英勇和献身精神
Are turning the tide of the world war
正在扭转世界大战的局势
By their prowess and by their devotion.
在人类战争史上
Never in the field of human conflict
从未有如此之少的人
was so much
背负如此之多人的期望
Owed by so many to so few.”
不错吧
Not bad, eh?
我估计你要对我们南部地区的防御
I gather you’re making a fuss about
小题大做了
our southern area defenses,
-是吗 -我不能称之为小题大做
– is that so? – I wouldn’t call it a fuss,
-首相大人 -我就是这么听说的
– prime minister. – That’s what I was told.
“蒙哥马利少将一直都小题大做”
“major general Montgomery’s been making a fuss,”
他们这么说 我想知道为什么
They said. I want to know why.
阁下 您还是自己看吧
See for yourself, sir.
阁下
Sir.
-固定炮 -说明什么
– Static guns – What’s the point of that?
用这种固定炮防御英国的海岸线
It’s absurd to try and defend the coastline of england
很荒谬
With guns in static positions.
德国人会像他们在法国一样
The germans would bypass the whole lot of them
绕过所有这些炮
as they did in france.
我们需要的是机动性
What we need is mobility.
需要我提醒你我们的装甲车
Might I remind you that our army vehicles
堆在敦刻尔克海滩上烧焦的废墟里吗
Are lying in heaps of charred wreckage on the beaches of dunkirk?
公交车 毕竟国家还有大量的公交车
Buses! plenty of buses in the country after all.
我的师应该配备公交车
My division should be given buses
可以快速运动到任何需要的地方
And transported rapidly to wherever they’re needed.
这样的炮一无是处
What we have here is worse than useless.
你们指挥官
Your commanding officer
似乎对现状很满意
Seems perfectly satisfied with things as they are.
他错了
Well, he’s wrong.
-他是错的你是正确的 -绝对是
– He’s wrong and you’re right? – Precisely so.
如果他人在这里 我会当面指出的
And if he were here, I would tell him so to his face.
非常好 公交车是你的了
Very well. busses you shall have.
现在问题解决了 我们去吃午饭
Now that matter is settled, we’ll have lunch.
再喝上一杯 我肯定你酒量不错 少将
And a drink. I’m sure you could do with a drink, major general.
我不吸烟也不喝酒而且100%健康
I neither drink nor smoke and am 100% fit.
我即吸烟又喝酒且我200%健康
Well, I both drink and smoke and I’m 200% fit.
一切就绪了吗 邦尼
Everything all right, bunny?
是的 阁下 您好了就可以放
Yes, sir. ready when you are.
很好 大家都过来
Very good. come along, everyone.
一个小下属见到总参谋部长应该说点什么
What does a humble at say to the chief of the imperial general staff?
-“好运”可能是最合适的了 -我猜你很忙吧
– “good luck” might be appropriate. – I gather you’re busy
-为战争事务筹款 -我尽我所能
– Raising money for the war effort. – I do what I can.
妈妈是红十字救助委员会主席
Mama’s chairman of the red cross appeal committee.
我们都非常为她感到骄傲
We’re very proud of her.
我从没想过我会娶到一位主席
I never thought I’d be married to a chairman.
还指望着她穿着条纹西服扎着领结
One expects she’ll come downstairs
下楼来
In a pin-striped suit and mcc tie.
过来 布鲁奇 过来坐这里来
Come along, brookie. come and sit here.
我们每个周末都看部电影
We have a film show every weekend.
今天特别奉献
Special treat today- –
我最喜欢的一部电影 最好的一部片子
My favorite film. best film ever made.
好了 邦尼 准备好可以开始了
All right, Bunny. ready when you are.
把灯关掉 卓克克
Switch off the light there, Jock.
抱歉 那是个蹩脚的笑话
Sorry. A silly joke.
玛丽说的很对
Mary is quite right- –
我们都很为你骄傲
We’re all very proud of you.
亚历山大·柯达出品
“Alexander Korda presents”- –
你们看见了没有
You see this?
这是我的一位好友 阿莱克斯
a great friend of mine, Alex.
非常接触的小伙子 大家都有饮料了吗
A brilliant fellow. has everybody got a drink?
-坐下 温斯顿 -好的
– Do sit down, winston. – Right.
胡德爵士建议我来教导你
Lord Hood advised me to instruct you- –
教导
Instruct- –
没关系船长 我和汉密尔顿女士无话不谈
Quite all right, captain. I have no secrets from lady Hamilton.
你对丹麦人的打击犹豫不决
Your indecisive defeat of the Danes…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!