Yeah, hi. I’m Lizzy. Um, this is Lita and Juan.
恩嗨这是丽塔和阮
Hello, Lita.
你好丽塔
Hello, Juan.
你好阮
I’m Grammy “Hw-an” and this is Grandpa “Hw-erry.”
我是外婆胡恩这是外公胡瑞
Mom, can you just talk like a normal person?
妈可以正常点说话吗
I like the way she says her J’s.
我喜欢J的发音
Can you please? It’s sophisticated.
拜托很高级
Here you go, brother. Thanks, man.
给你谢谢
I can’t get over it. They look just like normal kids.
我不敢相信他们就和正常孩子一样
What did you think they were gonna look like? Little pirates?
你觉得他们看起来应该像什么小海盗吗
I don’t know. They’re just so cute.
不知道他们太可爱了
How is the new school?
新学校怎么样
It’s good. It’s like… It’s, um… It’s school.
挺好的就像呃就像学校
Yeah. Awesome.
哇很棒
And what’s the boy situation? Anything exciting?
那男朋友呢有没有心动
No, no. Hey, hey, leave her alone.
别别别烦她了
She doesn’t like talking about that kind of stuff, so just go easy.
她不喜欢谈这些
What? You don’t.
怎么你不喜欢的
Actually, there’s this one guy, Jacob. Yeah?
其实是有个叫雅各布的男生是吗
Wow, that’s a cute name. Jacob. I like… Like Jake.
哇哦很可爱的名字雅各布我挺喜欢的杰克
No, honey, it’s “Hway-cob.”
不不是胡各布
Right? Right? “Hway-cob.”
对吗对吗 胡各布
No, no, it’s just Jacob.
不不就是雅各布
Yeah, and he’s not cute.
对而且他不是可爱的感觉
He’s more of like an artsy, old soul type.
是带点艺术气息的成熟类型
I was never into the cute ones either.
我也从来都不喜欢可爱型的
Nah. Cute’s overrated.
恩可爱不怎么好
Right? I didn’t either. I’ve never had a hot boyfriend, ever.
是的我也不喜欢我从没有交过性感的男朋友
Shut up!
闭嘴
♪ You look like a monkey ♪
♪你看起来就像只猴子♪
♪ And you smell like one too ♪
♪你闻起来也像是猴子♪
Lizzy, can we put the phone away while we’re at the table, like we
丽兹饭桌上可以把手♥机♥放下吗
talked about?
像我们之前说的那样
Lizzy, please. Give her the phone.
丽兹请放下把她手♥机♥给我
Hey, guys, check it out. There’s some shit going down. Lizzy, the
嘿朋友们快看那边有好戏看
phone.
丽兹手♥机♥
Now.
给我
Is that her real mom? Yeah, that’s a harsh move.
那是她的亲生母亲吗好狠的一招
Actually, if you read your foster parent regs,
实际上如果你看了福斯特的育儿准则
you know you’re not allowed to take away any of my personal property,
拿走任何私人物品是不被允许的
so…
所以
It’s the look. She’s doing the look. I gotta get some ketchup.
这个表情就是这个表情我要去拿点番茄酱
Pete, you’d said you’d say something to her next time she acts all bitchy.
彼得你说过下次她再这么过分你会采取行动的
I never said the word “bitchy.” It was her word, not mine.
我从没说过婊气这次是她说的不是我
I am always the bad guy because you’re never there.
因为你从来都不在每一次我都是那个坏人
I’m not gonna apologize for working.
我不会因为要工作而道歉
Somebody’s gotta deal with that dump of a house you bought before it
总要有人在你买♥♥的房♥子让我们破产前
bankrupts us.
搞定它
I bought? You loved it too. And that’s not even the point.
我买♥♥的吗你也喜欢啊而且那根本不是关键
The point is, when you are there, you let them get away with murder.
关键是当你在现场你任他们各种逍遥法外
I got on Lizzy just last night when she wouldn’t clean up after
昨晚吃完饭丽兹不肯清理这点
dinner!
我就管教了她
Perfect parent, huh?
完美爸妈
Is this funny, Kit? I think we’re all enjoying this a little bit,
这很好笑吗基特我认为我们都觉得挺有趣的
I’m sorry. I’m sorry. It’s okay.
对不起抱歉没关系
I never get tired of watching white people fight.
看白人吵架我从看不厌
Nor do I.
我也是
But why don’t you calm down
但是为什么不冷静一下
and tell us, without blaming each other, what the main issues are.
除了互相责怪告诉大家关键的问题是什么
Well, Lita is just constantly…
好吧丽塔一直
I want… I don’t want to!
我要 我不要
And Juan just doesn’t use his head.
阮不肯动动他的脑子
Unlock the window! And if I say anything about any of it…
解锁下窗户而且如果我要说些什么
I’m so sorry. It’s not my fault.
我真的很对不起不是我的错
Lizzy’s favorite pastime is just… Just leave me alone!
丽兹最爱说的就只是别管我了
Thanks for making me late.
谢谢让我迟到
You’re an asshole.
你是个混♥蛋♥
God forbid we actually try to parent the little ones. No, no, that’s
当我们试着教育两个小的不那可是
her territory.
她的领地
Don’t forget, when Lizzy was ten her mother would disappear for weeks
别忘了丽兹十岁时她的妈妈时不时就消失
at a time,
几个礼拜
leaving Lizzy to parent Juan and Lita all by herself.
留下丽兹独自照顾阮和丽塔
Yeah, she’s not just gonna step aside and let you two take over.
她不会袖手旁观让你们俩全权负责
Are you saying that we should let her parent the kids? Are you
你是说我们应该让她来照顾两个小的你有
paying attention?
在听吗
She’s 15. She’s a terrible parent. She needs to be a kid.
她只有15岁是个糟糕的家长她需要成为孩子
Now, you gotta step up and become the parents.
现在你们要站出来努力成为父母
But you just said she won’t let us. Nope, she won’t.
但你刚说她不会让我们是的她不会
You know, Karen, you’ve been a godsend through most of this,
你知道么凯伦大多数情况下你都很好
but you’re just about to piss me off!
但我现在快被你惹恼了
You won’t get anywhere with her until you two get on the same page.
情况不会改变直到你们达成共识
Right? That’s right.
是吗没错
If she’s hostile with you again, maybe try using the three R’s.
下次她再表现得不友善试一下三R法则
Okay? Number one: regulate.
第一条控制情绪
“Lizzy, why don’t you take some deep breaths, count to ten.”
丽兹不如数到十深呼吸
Number two: relate.
第二条拉近距离
“I understand that you’re upset. Nobody likes to feel this way.”
我明白你很难受没有谁愿意经历这些
That’s good. Number three: reason.
很不错第三条说明理由
“Lizzy, it’s okay to be angry.
丽兹生气是正常的
What’s not okay is to threaten to slash our throats
但是威胁要在深夜我们睡着时
in the middle of the night when we’re asleep.”
给我们脖子来一刀就不怎么好了
I’m sorry, did I…?
抱歉我是不是
That was actually us.Our story.
这是实际上我们的故事
Yeah. Last session.
没错上一次提到的
The little guy didn’t follow through with it though.
但小家伙没有坚持要这么做
Well, not yet! Not yet.
暂时没有-暂时还没
Sorry, but we shouldn’t be laughing.
抱歉我们不该笑
No, it’s actually important to have a sense of humor about this kind of thing
不实际上拥有这样的幽默感也是重要的
Right. You gotta laugh or you’ll never make it through this.
没错多笑笑不然无法挺过去
That is right.
是的
Speaking of which, next up we have October,
说到这下一位轮到奥克托布
who still hasn’t been matched with a child.
还没有和孩子配对成功
Well, there’s some good news.
终于还是有些好消息
So, together we’re all gonna decide which chore we’d like to do
我们一起决定负责哪部分家务
and then each week we’ll mix it up.
每周再轮换
Can I do “Feed Meatball”? Yes!
我可以负责喂米堡吗可以啊
I want to feed Meatball! You can feed him next week.
我想喂米堡你可以下周喂他
Pete, I hope she’s not serious about all this.
彼得我希望她不是认真弄这些
It’s not just she, it’s we. And we are. Very serious.
不只是她是我们并且我们是说真的
Okay, so do you want us to wash your feet too? Oh, Lizzy.
好吧所以你是想我们来帮你们洗脚吗不丽兹
This is bullshit! Lizzy! Hey, hey, wait, wait!
都是狗屁丽兹嘿等一下
Lizzy. Let’s just… Let’s… Let’s try something else.
丽兹让我们试些别的
Can we just take a moment, calm down, and take a few breaths?
让我们休息下冷静下来深呼吸
Please?
好吗
Try it.
试试看
Nice! Nice. And we hear you that you’re frustrated with the chart.
很好很好我们明白你对这些感到很无语
Well, yeah. Yeah, I’m frustrated.
对没错我觉得很无语
Yes! And that’s okay to be frustrated! We’re all frustrated.
是的无语很正常我们也都有点沮丧
So let’s think about next time how we can express ourselves better.
让我们想想下一次怎么更好表达自己
Okay. Okay. Well…
好好好吧
I don’t know, maybe next time you guys…
我不清楚或许下次你们
try and use the three R’s on me.
对我尝试一下三R法则
I could barf all over the ground because it’s so nauseating!
我可以吐一地因为太恶心了
I knew it wasn’t gonna work with her.
我就知道这对她没用
Oh, good! You’re home!
哇太棒了你在家
Hi!

Mom, I told you to text or call.
妈妈说了要发条短♥信♥或者打个电♥话♥啊
You told me to give you a few weeks to settle in.
你告诉我给你几周安顿一下
Well, it’s been a few weeks, and I want to meet my new grandkids.
现在已经过了几周了而且我想看看我的孙子孙女
You must be Lizzy. Come here!
你肯定是丽兹吧过来

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!